How do you drink your coffee?

How do you drink your coffee?

I mean literally, how do you actually drink it - it tastes fucking vile

Other urls found in this thread:

annals.org/aim/article/2643435/coffee-drinking-mortality-10-european-countries-multinational-cohort-study
news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2013/07/drinking-coffee-may-reduce-risk-of-suicide-by-50/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/10/131022102225.htm
hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/increasing-daily-coffee-intake-may-reduce-type-2-diabetes-risk/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/12/151202124610.htm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/06/160627125816.htm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/10/141009112642.htm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/07/170710172118.htm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150421084531.htm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110510211602.htm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130826143608.htm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110517162030.htm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/11/131120111950.htm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/03/160304092010.htm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140710081304.htm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/06/110621093301.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why the fuck would you drink coffee if you don't like how it tastes Tbh

Do you also complain about the taste of beer?
Grow up.

I have a good coffee machine and whole beans gets crushed. Not those pussy capsules or powder coffee for me.

Same. 3x 1 regular coffee bombed with an espresso in the morning.

>curbs hunger
>mental focus and improved cognitive function
>reduced diabetes risk
>energy
>anti-cancer properties
>lower the risk of parkinson's disease
>beneficial antioxidants

mainly because I ran out of preworkout

i don't
graduated university without ever drinking a single up (never really did energy drinks or tea for the purpose of studying either)
>had a D average

Get better coffee

I usually have Kenyan AA through a V60.

It's like anything else, just power through and after a week you'll like it.

I bet you also don't drink any alcohol because you don't like the taste

All memes, I wouldn't drink it myself if I didn't really like the taste.

I don't have the palette of a 5 year old, that's how.

how large do you have to be to need your hunger curbed... Just eat properly filling low cal foods instead of trying to live off of small m&m portions

what are examples of properly filling low cal foods?
asking for me

I drink it black
Go to a decent cafe, maybe even starbucks, and just order an americano and a lungo. Compare the two to see what you like best. To make proper coffee at home you need a small investment, but an Aeropress is a fairly cheap option. Nespresso is above average too if you get the original cups.

As a replacement of shitty pre-workout, just get 200mg caffeine pills. That's more caffeine than most pre-workouts (120mg) or a black coffee (40-60mg). I pay $3 for 100 capsules.

This. Buy quality beans, grind them in a hand grinder for extra authenticity, throw in some flavoured beans like chocolate cherry, add a little bit of cinnamon. Moka pot that shit. Come back and tell me you don't like the taste of coffee after that. Also once ran out of my beans and shit, used the regular pre-ground coffee, it does taste like shit in comparison.

Why don't you drink tea I hear that supposed to be pretty good. Probably still taste pretty gross but not as gross as coffee.

Growing up is drinking stuff that tastes like shit just so you can fit in? Wonder who really needs to grow up.

Low-calorie but filling foods. Okay I'll bite.

>Frozen veggies, specifically broccoli
>fishes
>chickens
>scrimps

Grill a bunch of chicken strips and put em in a ziplock bag in the fridge. Reheat all week. For seasoning, try marinating in Italian dressing (for now) or just sprinkling with lemon pepper (advanced)

Put some frozen shrimp in a non-stick skillet and thaw em out a bit, then dump some pre-mix frozen stir fry veggies (basic) or frozen broccoli (advanced) in with it. Cook for about 10 minutes. No sauce, fatass.

Rinse out the skillet as soon as you put it on the plate so you can make your eggs in the morning hassle free. Or after you eat directly out of the skillet (for ultimate environmental gains.)

Water. Lots of it.

Quit buying whey. It's a shill. Mostly for skinny people.

There are so many varieties of beans and ways to brew, that you might just have been unlucky tasting ones that you don't like.
The only real common thread for all coffees is the bitterness, but that can be dialed down (never really eliminated tho, imx).

Do you like the SMELL of coffee? If you do, you might have to change the brewing method to something less acidic.
If you don't even like the smell you can try different beans, maybe something more aromatic and less bitter (usual suggestion: try some Arabica beans, especially if you're trying Robusta or a mix, those 2 are the most common varieties of coffee so you'll find it very easily).

>drink something for numerous benefits
>HURR U JUSS TRYING TO FIT IN I CANT TAKE THE FLAVOUR I NEED MORE SUGAR!

Green tea

thanks man.
thought there would be some secret meme food i was missing out on.
but sometimes need to be slapped in the face with the obvious answer

Black but many people who don't like the taste top it up with milk and sugar. If that fits into your macros and you like how it tastes, that might work

Of course if you don't like the taste at all, don't force yourself to drink it, that's silly. Try tea or caffeine pills

I like my coffee like I like my Germany. Not too black, no sugar.

Sans beans.

I have a Nespresso. It's great.

I like it like my life.
Black, bitter, short.

>D average

They will kick you out of my program for having a C average.

Growing up is doing momentarily unpleasant stuff for long term rewards.
Immediate satisfaction is a childish attitude. Honestly, it's like the children who cry when getting a shot, or who refuse to take their medicine.
And yes, 'fitting in' might be what you must do in order to get into various social circles, depending on your long term goals. But by all means, keep being selfish, lonely and 'superior' to those around you.

I have been drinking solo coffee for 15 years+ and i love it, but stopped a few months ago because of all the meme i see said it is bad, it is true that is bad? When i drunk coffee i hada moderate amount anxiety even if i drink very few quantity and if i dont drink im more relaxed but sleeped and tired, with coffee im more active but have anxiety

I recently cut back on my 5 cups-per-morning habit because that much caffeine cannot possibly be good for you. Spoiler: it was a shifty couple of weeks.

And not wanting to waste coffee, id make a whole pot and just let it sit there for a day, microwaving cups as needed.

It tastes so much better. I waved a cup and sipped with my pre-gym snack of three eggs. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and the caffeine powered me through the 15-minutes of cardio at the end of my shoulder day.

>the point: I guess I'm saying just drink folgers like a good Christian boy and leave it in the pot (turned off) to mellow for a day.

keep drinking it every day until you love it, that simple.
try out some fancier blends from your local roast house, i like columbian the most

coffee is for literal weaklings

>nazis were on amphetamines
>Europe drank tea
>America drank coffee

>who saved the world? I forget.

Are you American? I heard they botch their coffee

>nazis didnt drink coffee
>americans didn't use speed or cigarettes
how fucking dumb are you?

coffee wont give you anxiety, but it's a stimulant so use some basic logic

>what is acquired taste

Also this

Stop drinking soda you fucking plebeians.

>>who saved the world? I forget.
the russians

How about you get a legitimate espresso machine?

name 1 benefit you get from coffee you cannot get elsewhere.

>he doesn't like the taste of beer
He didn't say piss water, you twat. Beer. Like Schwartzbier or Guinness.

never seen more bro-ish advice on this board than this

What rewards? Stop being a fat dyel and you won't feel like you need coffee.

In burgerland, at least the landmass between New York and California, we don't get all faggy over our coffee. We drink it to do work, not to sit around and enjoy it.

That said, Starbucks grinds too fine and brews to hot this making their coffee bitter and gross. I'd apologize for that but Seattle might as well be a different country.

b-but "D"s get "D"egrees...

Thanks, bro.

annals.org/aim/article/2643435/coffee-drinking-mortality-10-european-countries-multinational-cohort-study

Guinness is feckin shite and I say that as an irishman

you can get all the benefits elsewhere. the question is how convenient are they, and how willing are you to put up with a slightly bad taste

you're a pussy 4 year old so you can't handle a little bit of bitterness.

Who doesn't want to be a bro?
I asked about low cal filling foods because someone mentioned it. Atleast user tried to answer

2 suppress the hunger, tastes good thou

not looking like a new age faggot hipster trying to get the benefits of coffee from something that isn't coffee

also, pooper stimulation. try to get something to make you need to poop, in the way coffe makes you need to poop, that isn't coffee or tobacco.

Hey fuck you buddy. I like Guinness. I bet you drink semen.

Black

>people who consumed a cup of coffee a day were 12 percent less likely to die

what?

>Decent Cafe
>Starbucks

I forgot how pleb Americans are

black, ground from whole beans. If you buy your coffee daily from a cafe, starbucks, convenience store then you are bound to hate it without an assload of sugar and milk

Used to use a french press, but got an aeropress, which is way easier to clean and a lot faster, but can't make more than a cup at once.

t. shill

H-how did you know?

longitudinal study, coffee drinkers died less than non drinkers over the period

guess how i know you're poor

>fishes

oh okay duh

Who Turkish coffee master race here?

Irish accents fit twinks like a glove.
Jacksepticeye is a good example.

I legitimately have more energy now that I stopped drinking coffee. I find myself waking up hours before my alarm, fully energized without needing to sip on something for half an hour.
I'm not as wired anymore, but all the stress and OCD tendencies are pretty much gone as well.
If I do want some energy or something to sip on without the side effects, high quality black/green teas are great.

>recommend starbucks
>be american

m8 I give SCAE professional training in barista en sensory skills and have an intermediate diploma for roasting, green and brewing skills.

starbucks is not the best coffee, but it's good coffee. with coffee i mean actual coffee, not the sweetened ice cream coffees

Does anyone drink white tea?
I like it, it tastes good and doesnt have lots of caffeine so I can drink it at night aswell.

All veg. What's more is since they are so low cal you can eat as many kilos as you want. That's the secret to low veg. I usually eat about 2 kg of veg a day.

Black or with a teaspoon of butter.

Get a few different kinds of coffee beans and look up some tasting notes (or just read the package). Try to taste the different flavors. You don't have to be snobby about it, but developing your palate can be fun and can make it easier to drink something that you don't initially like the taste of. Works for beer, wine and spirits too.

isn't white tea supposed to be the 'healthiest' kind of tea? more antioxidants than black?

3 scoops and whole milk.

french press coffee maybe once a week, fairly strong with a bit of milk no sugar. I prefer tea which is more relaxing, coffee is more of a get shit done kind of drink for me

With a splash of milk. Would drink it black but I don't want yellow teeth.

espresso.

Coffee is literal ambrosia.

Improves mental health:
>Drinking several cups of coffee daily appears to reduce the risk of suicide in men and women by about 50 percent, according to a new study by researchers at the Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH).
news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2013/07/drinking-coffee-may-reduce-risk-of-suicide-by-50/

Dramatic reduction in liver cancer risk:
>Coffee consumption reduces risk of hepatocellular carcinoma, the most common type of liver cancer, by about 40 percent, according to an up-to-date meta-analysis. Further, some data indicate that three cups of coffee per day reduce liver cancer risk by more than 50 percent.
sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/10/131022102225.htm

Strong inverse correlation between coffee consumption and type-2 diabetes:
>People who increased the amount of coffee they drank each day by more than one cup over a four-year period had a 11% lower risk for type 2 diabetes than those who made no changes to their coffee consumption, according to a new study led by Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) researchers.
hsph.harvard.edu/news/press-releases/increasing-daily-coffee-intake-may-reduce-type-2-diabetes-risk/
>Coffee compounds that could help prevent type 2 diabetes identified
sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/12/151202124610.htm

>Benefits of drinking coffee outweigh risks, review suggests
sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/06/160627125816.htm

>Results show that higher coffee consumption, regardless of caffeine content, was linked to lower levels of abnormal liver enzymes. This suggests that chemical compounds in coffee other than caffeine may help protect the liver.
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/10/141009112642.htm

>Whether it's caffeinated or decaffeinated, coffee is associated with lower mortality, which suggests the association is not tied to caffeine
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/07/170710172118.htm

Reduced breast cancer risk:
>Coffee protects against breast cancer recurrence, detailed findings confirm
sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150421084531.htm
>New research shows that drinking coffee specifically reduces the risk of antiestrogen-resistant estrogen-receptor (ER)-negative breast cancer.
sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110510211602.htm

Reduced prostate cancer risk:
>Four or more cups of coffee a day may keep prostate cancer recurrence and progression away
sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/08/130826143608.htm
>Men who regularly drink coffee appear to have a lower risk of developing a lethal form of prostate cancer, according to a new study.
sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110517162030.htm

Improved cardiovascular health:
>A small study showed that a cup of coffee improved small blood vessel function.
sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/11/131120111950.htm

Lower chance of developing parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis:
>Drinking a lot of coffee every day -- more than 900 ml (30 fluid ounces) or around six cups -- is linked to a reduced risk of multiple sclerosis (MS), finds research has found.
sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/03/160304092010.htm
>A specific genetic variation discovered by researchers at Linköping University in Sweden protects against Parkinson's Disease -- especially for those who drink a lot of coffee.
sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140710081304.htm

Lower risk of alzheimer's disease:
>Mystery ingredient in coffee boosts protection against Alzheimer's disease, study finds
sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/06/110621093301.htm

wtf i love coffee now

> it tastes fucking vile
You just have plebian taste but don't worry, we can fix that. First make sure it's not the coffe that is the problem, try decent stuff from a non-chain coffeehouse. Now you can ease into it by starting with loads of sugar and milk and decreasing these over time. Another option is to brute force and just make yourself drink a cup a day. It's worth it trust me, one second it's almost bearable to drink the next it's your absolute favourite beverage.

literally grow up, underage

also with milk because i'm not a hipster or a continental queer

I know it's a joke but
>endangering dog on bike
>wearing swim trunks on a bike
Dude looks pretty retarded anyways.

That's not why Starbucks tastes like shit. They don't "brew too hot" all coffee in every shop I've worked brewed between 180- 200F and most places but the grounds pre ground. What makes Starbucks coffee taste especially haenus is that they purposely burn their beans in the roasting process so their coffee has a "unique" flavor. Starbucks is so automated the barista don't even adjust the machine never the less even use an espresso tamp. Most the stuff is made before being delivered

Doctor recommended I cut back to one cup a day to get the benefits. I would drink 6-7 cups a day. He knows I got a family history of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. He also told me to take magnesium and zinc with my coffee, as it helps you to not form a tolerance to it.

I remember when we got that like 1000 dollar machine that makes the putty on top. It was like polishing shit.

Child. You acquire a taste and then develop a substance addiction because you need it's cheap pure energy because adulthood doesn't leave time for 6-8 hours of sleep.

i like it black, like my men ;)

>you don't like something so grow up

I drink an 8oz cup of coffee every morning with my breakfast, after lifting. French press if I've got the time/energy, instant if not.
Occasionally I have a late noon sip.
Is it enough?

you must have some alpha poos

Nespresso: cheaper and faster to make the same coffee.
How about you get a Nespresso?