Tfw there is literally ZERO VIDEO EVIDENCE of a barbell deadlift causing a SPINAL injury

>tfw there is literally ZERO VIDEO EVIDENCE of a barbell deadlift causing a SPINAL injury.

Why do people claim deadlifting is dangerous to the spine again?

>inb4 retarded appeals to common sense.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GnqggNm7g0Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's common sense you retard.

Then why is there no evidence to back it up?

Couldn't you have found a picture with a guy using a belt just to make the joke that much more ironic?

I think you should take a second look at the picture.

>just ignore every physiotherapist, coach, personal trainer, doctor, bodybuilder, and people who are now cribblefags due to poor posture.. Ever.

hugh wot

I'm not talking about posture.
I'm talking about barbell deadlifts being a direct cause of SPINAL injury and there being no evidence of this.

Stop moving the goalposts.

I don't get it.. This is your ace in the sleeve?

so having a herniated disc and not bending over without pain for weeks is ok to you?

No I didn't say that. I asked for proof that deadlifts can cause this.

Stop strawmanning.

the guy is wearing a belt you dollop

I'm wondering how doing a deadlift would actually damage the spine itself. As opposed to people deadlifting with shitty catback form, tweaking an erector, and deciding that a sharp but acute unfamiliar back pain signifies the asplosion of literally all their discs.

Disc herniations are primarily caused by twisting motions with your spine in flexion under a heavy load. Please tell me which part of a correctly performed deadlift is any of those things.

op said deadlift not perfect form deadlift

Not him
I see you've spammed all summer with this shit
No, you'll never find fancy exploding SPINE vids on yt, only exploding knees on the leg press
and those are rare too
a properly executed deadlift can even fix an herniated disc. OTOH, s badly executed deadlift will be the direct cause of bulging discs. It's awfully common in the powerlifter community.
TL;DR deadlifting is safe, rounding your back is not. It's dangerous if you don't know how much and if you're rounding your back. Also, the guy in OP and isn't even trying to keep a neutral spine once he starts pulling. It seems he tries to look in a mirror. Don't do that.

Nothing is wrong with a deadlift executed with proper form. OP is suggesting that you can safely round your lumbar region to hell and back, and you'll never suffer any kind of SPINAL injury. This is wrong.

>OP is suggesting that you can safely round your lumbar region to hell and back,

Whoa there. Stop putting words in my mouth... I did not say anything of the sort.

All I asked for was EVIDENCE of deadlift causing spinal injury. I mentioned nothing about back rounding and that is not what this thread is about.

>Whoa there. Stop putting words in my mouth..
Then stop using a bait image taken from a guy lifting with extremely poor form, rounding his lumbar regions to hell and back.

Mate the image is just for fun, because that is the nature of this website. The discussion is not related to the picture.

This dude makes this thread literally every third day and still people are giving him genuine replies.

How many times have you made this thread already

Do something with your life, dipshit

I'll stop making them when someone can prove me wrong, or when the world realises I'm right.

from personal experience, i have literally perfect form, dont lift too heavy, dont do more the 4x5, don't arch at all, perfect.

and i'd STILL pull my lower back pretty much every 4 months or so to the point were you can't breath and have to not gym for a week, so i dropped deadlifts completely, i'm bigger now and i don't lift for strength anyway so who cares.

deadlifts are EASILY the most over rated lift of all time, they don't
>work biceps
>work the upper back muscles well
>don't work shoulder
>fucking kek at people who claim they work pecs

they work ass, hamstrings, lower back, fore arms, thats it and there's plenty of other alternatives you can do for any of those

pic related is me, don't get hung up of HAVING to do certain lift, just be consistent, hit all body parts and always progress and you'll get there

The thread is about spinal injury not muscular.

Off topic though, you look great. I agree deadlifts are not necessary if looking good is one's main concern.

>screenshot

No, that isn't you, and you are small and weak and have bad form.

>You guys are the control group. You will deadlift in the normal, healthy way
>The rest of you will deadlift in a way that most physiotherapists thinks will fuck up your spine, but some fag on the internet said it won't.
>Don't worry, it's for science!
If only Hitler had done this with the jews... Modern scientists are not allowed to do this

And you think DLs give you mass gains

But theres shitloads of video of all other common injuries from other lifts.

If spinal injury is such a big risk of deadlifts then why is there suddenly an absence of the usual video evidence?

>screenshot

and what ? i zoomed so you can't see my face and screenshotted

you're an idiot tho

ur mums and idiot m8 now what?

DISRESPECT YOUR SURROUNDINGS!

Deadlift is still hella fun tho, imo

is this a new meme on Veeky Forums? or is it literally one dumbass fuck here who is posting these threads?

If this meme goes mainstream, we are going to be seeing a large amount of people deadlifting with cat form

To be fair your core looks pretty flimsy. Maybe you would benefit from a little more heavy lifting.

Uhhh, the OP is not advocating bad form at all. simply that there is no evidence of deadlifting causing spinal injury.

you ask this and respond with the same failed rebuttal every time.

1. the exact scientific nature of deadlift spine injuries are unknown
2. deadlift injuries can take weeks if not years to FULLY manifest themselves
3. the amount of force required to literally snap a spine in half is practically impossible deadlifting
4. snapping a spine in half is not a requirement of being injured
5. injuries look like nothing, like a normal deadlift. a person might likely won't know the specific lift they injured themselves on

to go along with the above facts, there is abnormally overwhelming anecdotal ecidence over decades of lifting on internet forums attesting to people who herniated their disc deadlifting. a disc herniations pain can become so severe you can't even walk and have to crawl around on all fours.

nah it's not mate, i squat 220kg for reps, it's just i'm a fat cunt justnow,

1. Cop out.
2. Then its not really a deadlift specific injury is it?
3. Proves my points
4. Never said that it was, irrelevant
5. People still have video of other injuries that they can't identify on the spot.

Just so we can all see the extent of your mental retardation and autism, do you agree or disagree that,

1. it is scientifically proven that sheering forces to the spine can lead to cripplingly painful disc herniations
2. heavy deadlifts have the potential to, if form isn't good, place an injurious level of sheering forces to the spine

If you disagree with 1 or 2, you are retarded. If you agree with 1 or 2, then there is no evidence needed.

>5. People still have video of other injuries that they can't identify on the spot.
Other injuries do not take anywhere near as long to manifest themselves fully as a disc herniation and no, I don't agree. There are no other videos of injuries that they couldn't identify on the spot. That's the nature of youtube. People like to see injuries. Deadlift injuries don't look like anything at the time.

I agree with number 1.
I'll agree with number 2 when evidence is presented.

yeah i mean why would his pants match his shirt

You've picked up a lie to run with to try and prove your point. Disc herniations do not "take a long time to manifest themselves" at all.

Will you hang yourself already?

So why doesn't every single deadlift with poor form result in injury?

I got a pinched nerve while warming up with 60kg (was usually doing 4x6 130kg just fine)

Diddlys will fuck you up and won't excuse any mistakes
Also it's a meme exercise, not doing this shit any more

>moves the goal posts
>tries to cover his tracks by accusing another of moving the goal posts
(You) really are a colossal faggot.

As already stated, spine injuries aren't like other injuries, they take time to manifest themselves. You could blow your back out and not be fully aware until the coming days, weeks, months. I read a story on le reddit of a powerlifter who kept lifting for an entire year before shutting it down from the crippling pain. I read stories like this every day. If you fuck up your form on deadlift there's a very high degree of likelihood that you fucked up your back. You are told this over and over again and you choose to ignore it. There is evidence of it. Now kys you dumb faggot.

I believe deadlifting with bad form can fuck you up but idk about the spine itself

Anyway, regardless, I hate all you people who think "everyone says so" is a good reason. Along the lines about Christians "100 million people can't be wrong"

In the 90s every qualified person related to fitness was spouting "eat every 4 hours to stoke metabolic fire" and "eating fat makes you fat"

Asking for proof on commonly accepted beliefs isn't retarded. Believing in something because "everyone else does" is pants on head retard mode

we don't like spoonfeeding your retarded ass

>I'll agree with number 2 when evidence is presented.
You stated here and here that all your concerns were about about deadlift per se, not about deadlift performed with poor form.
So, you're intellectually dishonest, baiting and slightly retarded.
Evidence in 2 exists in abundance, it simply doesn't exist on youtube given the nature of the injury (it's not a faggot chopping his neck on a smith machine, smashing his chest while performing a bench press or destroying his knees on the leg press). Nothing glamorous.
Pick a different hobby.

Deadllifts are not overrated, they are by far superrior and most fun lift.

>they work ass, hamstrings, lower back, fore arms

Yes instead of doing 3-4 exercises for reps you can do just one, deadlifts and thats all.

oh look it's this thread again.

deadlift trains ALL the bigger muscles in your body. All of them. In order: erector spinae (bigger than the gluteus), the gluteus maximus, the quads, the soleus (pretty big, even if it's beneath the gastrocnemius; bigger than the pectoral), the hamstrings and all kind of stabilizers. All in one.
Go back curling in the squat machine
pathetic

>one of the best exercises for general strength, which is also one of the greatest tests of overall strength won't give you gains if you do i

Fuck off DYEL.

Post your lifts you twinkshit.

post your body then m9

i'm sure you look much better :)

is this evidence enough
youtube.com/watch?v=GnqggNm7g0Q

>tfw there is literally ZERO VIDEO EVIDENCE of OP not being a FAGGOT.

Why does OP claim to not be a faggot when he posted this thread again?

>inb4 OP claims he's not a faggot.

kek