What are some good routines to do when I'm ready to move on from Stronglifts?

What are some good routines to do when I'm ready to move on from Stronglifts?

Other urls found in this thread:

aworkoutroutine.com/push-pull-legs-split/
simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html
symmetricstrength.com/standards#/80/kg/male/-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gslp

Upper/lower, texas, madcow, 531,

/thread

Do you have that in higher quality? I can barely read it

I can read it, you're just stupid
not a big fan of it though. Too simplified

lets hope so

Is there a better one you know?

Much better, thanks

> gives a novice program to somebody who is entering intermediate
fucking dumbass

Ppl or full body, more accessories and a squat, DL, ohp, bench, row focus

SS, because SL is a meme and SS will keep working.

>entering
Entering being the key word.
When he is intermediate he should do tm or madcow then cdlp then 5/3/1

TM then 531 BBB

pfttycg hb hk h
w waittt
hhh h hold on
w w what??

STRONGLIFT = MEME
STARTING STRENGTH = GOOD
DO STARTING STRENGTH, GET STRONG

Pick any PPL with a frequency of >= 5 days a week or PHAT/PHUL
Please kindly disregards memes from 2012 like in particular, please kindly disregard "Texas Method" (it fits a particular niche and honestly you don't want yet another rippertoads routine), "Madcow" (you don't want to start with squat every single time once you've built a strength foundation if you're now heading to aesthetics), "reverse pyramids" aka drop sets with rests and so on.

The volume in SL will make you stall sooner. Doing SS may allow you to progress further.

b but I thought it's called starting strength because you only do it for 4 - 6 months?

>recommending SS after SL
please neck yourself

correct.
What's your height/weight and 5RM in deadlift(strapless)/back squat/bench(flat, barbell)/OHP(no leg drive) ? How many times a week can you hit the gym?

Yes, I recommend a novice program for people who are still novices, which includes all of the people who fell for the stronglifts meme and then burned out waaay before their novice gains were actually done. Mehdi is a jackass who thinks additional volume needs to be added to a program that is progressing EVERY WORKOUT.

Mehdi himself basically says to do what I said, which is reduce volume to 3x5 (i.e. you're now doing SS) when the 5x5 stalls (which won't be long). Stronglifts is a meme.

Full body (push pull legs) 3x a week with 1-3 fuck off days where you can go apeshit on curls and abs.

Decline, tbar rows, back squat
10x10 ab wheel, 10x10 pullups
Push press, high pulls, romanian deadlift
Curls for 30 mins
Incline, front squat, cable rows

Just an example

You're an idiot.

Currently on 5/3/1, im thinking of switching to PHAT/PPLPPLx once ive hit 1/2/3/4, or have stalled too many times. Are PHAT/PPLPPLx routines made by yourself, or are there pre made ones that you can use? Also, where can I read more about PHAT/PPLPPLx?

Touched a nerve? Sorry sweetie, you listened to the advice of an internet workout and mobile app shill who jacked SS and then nonsensically modified it for the sake of being different because he has no idea how to train novices. This is why there are proven results of SS taking people to a 300+ or 400+ squat, but not for SL.

not op, but can say if you want, I did 4 months SS, and currently doing first month of 5/3/1, I did 2 or 3 weeks of TM before, but then I moved to my home country, and had to look for a new gym, and switched to 5/3/1

>1/2/3/4
it's a meme metric. For an 80 kg male the intermediate goal is 1/1.75/2.5/3
>where can I read more about PHAT/PPLPPLx
aworkoutroutine.com/push-pull-legs-split/
simplyshredded.com/mega-feature-layne-norton-training-series-full-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html
there's nothing else dig honestly. variations on PHAT/PHUL tend to bastardize it. deadlift on leg day on PPL is more bodybuilding style, deadlift on pull day is more powerlifting style. Some people place shrugs with shoulders, hence with Push rather than with Pull.
shut the fuck up, SS is for untrained beginners. Once you're 6 months in (SS or SL or ICF or whatever, it doesn't matter) literally any other routine is more beneficial for both strength and aesthetics.

Thanks lots user, I'll look into it, then it seems im doing quite alright, OHP is hard to progress though

c6w if you're not a pussy

> Once you're 6 months in
Why does the timeframe matter?
> For an 80 kg male the intermediate goal is 1/1.75/2.5/3
Oh you're weak as shit nvm.

You.

Are.

So.

Mad.

Back to work wageie.

What are your lifts?

Back Squat: 170 x 5
Front Squat: 135 x 5
Bench: 180 x 5
The Press: 115 x 3
Deadlift: 250 x 5
Row: 150 x 5

>Why does the timeframe matter?
It doesn't. You could outgrow SS/SL/ICF/whatever way earlier. I'd consider switching to a different routine every ~12 weeks; if the trainee is stalling and has reached at least a Novice level, he'd be better switching. No matter if the goal is aesthetics or strength. OTOH switching too often is detrimental.
For sure you won't keep yourself on SS for too long. For sure you won't hop on SS once you've outgrown SL. That's inane.
>Oh you're weak as shit nvm.
1/1.75/2.5/3 is literally the Intermediate goal for an 80 kg male.
symmetricstrength.com/standards#/80/kg/male/-
Those were not my stats, I'm past "Proficient" level. I was only recommending to avoid meme disproportionate metrics like 1/2/3/4.
Please stop shitposting.
OHP is a bitch. Do a lot of incline bench to train the upper pecs (clavicular head) and a lot of shoulder press variant. Some people benefit from dumbbell shoulder press. It may allow for a bigger range of motion. You'd use way lighter weights. If you include them, always strive for full ROM.

>bench bigger than squat
[X] DOUBT