Doing a 1 on 1 boxing lesson today. What can I expect?

Doing a 1 on 1 boxing lesson today. What can I expect?

How far will my gains get me?

good for you. they'll run you through some warm up exercises and then work some footwork and basic punches. If you're going regularly and not totally retarded, they'll add onto your basics as you go. Even if you're just throwing 1s and 2s and concentrating on footwork you'll get a great workout out of it. Similar to sprinting, won't take much to wind you, and you'll improve as you train.

I want to go back in boxing but I'm afraid of brain damages. I also love hard sparring. What do ? I don't wanna be dumb in 5 years

Try light sparring then?

unless you're training to compete, you probably don't have to worry too much. It's not like you'll be thrown into the ring right away -- they'll want to work you into it gradually. You will want to avoid the guy in the gym who sees you hitting the bag and then asks you to spar with him. It's a stereotype for a reason, but you could end up getting beat on way too hard before you're ready. Let your trainer decide when you should go into the ring, and he'll not make you stupid with hard punches

Yeah, do light sparring or add Muay Thai for the feet, it's fun too.

Not much. Your lead arm will be really really tired. Your calves will hurt as well.

i spent last 30 hours reading about amateurs boxers risk of brain damage and i think i have to pass on it
my iq is too precious to waste
maybe gonna train without sparring to learn basics and then move onto some bjj or wrestling stuff

From my understanding boxing is taxing endurance wise, so I hope you've been doing cardio.

if you like boxing you are dumb already, work out in the library and maybe you will be able to manage your roid temper

What did you learn from reading?

even light sparring can lead to permament damage

What about muay thai?

Even if done like once a week? Mind linking a source?

Wise choice. I quit boxing after 6 months because even light sparring during regular practice was too much. A very light punch to the head still rattles your brain.

Expect to be punched.

You can expect a thorough fisting

That's a cozy monkey

I dont have a source but i can attest to it anecdotally. I trained for 10 years sparred light once a week and my memory is pure shite now. It wont make you dumb but it absolutely will make you forgetful.

muay thai also has your opponent applying lots of force into your skull shaking your brain and causing micro damage
it probably wont turn you into retard but i value my mind over my fighting ability and even slight decrease in performance is not worth it

too lazy to post sources but there is plenty of evidence. just look for it

If you could do it all over again would you have ever taken up boxing?

What will happen if my memory is already shit?