CICO is a fucking meme

youtube.com/watch?v=f_4Q9Iv7_Ao
fucking accept it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zcMBm-UVdII
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

CICO worked for me and millions of others.

>replying seriously to a b8 post
why not just let this shitty thread die?

Because if someone new to fitness and diet sees it, I'd like to think that they wouldn't be disheartened by the brigades of people who are against taking responsibility for your own problems.

>You have the ability to eat in a way while still abiding by CICO and lose weight
>Thinks this prooves CICO
>Believing our body is a simple machine that burns matter with perfect efficiency
>Being unironically retarded
I'm sick of you people

Whether it proves it or not, it works. That's all that matters.

Nobody cares about your autistic opinions on the matter.

youtu.be/zcMBm-UVdII

>youtube videos

post the studies. i'm not going to watch a fucking video

Oh, so do you just want to do some shitty method that just works (under certain conditions) or have a superior method that actually targets fat loss for maximum gains? Oh just stick with an inferior method because its the satus quo? ok.

Oh, what a surprise, this fart sniffer is trying to sell something.

This must be the first time someone has thrown complicated BS at something that is simple and works in the name of selling something "new".
Oh wait no it isn't.

You've been had.

Show me how its worked for you and I'll show you have CICO has worked better for me.

I started getting into fitness literally 2 months ago, time and perseverance are probably the biggest factors in aesthetic, and it isn't a relevant argument in the first place.
wtf is he selling. Companies like coca-cola sponser CICO in order to shill their soda. Part of their "fitness" campaign.

>I started getting into fitness literally 2 months ago

And there we go, thread over.
You will learn in time that people constantly overcomplicate things within the fitness industry as a means to get views/sales.
The core concepts have been figured out for decades and are very simple.

The shit in these videos is the 1% difference. The shit you don't need to even think about as a 2 month casual.
CICO, and all the other time tested concepts are the 99% that you do need to pay attention to.

>I started getting into fitness literally 2 months ago,

Yeah I don't think you're in a position to be telling people what things in fitness are a meme and which aren't.

>ad hominem fallacy
>no argument just anecdotes
>this person still isn't selling anything

>CICO is time tested
again:
>You have the ability to eat in a way while still abiding by CICO and lose weight
>Thinks this prooves CICO
I know this is a bit pedantic overall, but if CICO is false then it is false. Eating a deficit with nothing but sugar shouldn't be the same as a deficit with balanced macros from natural sources.

>Eating a deficit with nothing but sugar shouldn't be the same as a deficit with balanced macros from natural sources.
Nobody said that true mr fucking 2 months. While you'll lose weight with the sugar, obviously health and body composition will be affected, but in no way are you disproving CICO faggot

>but if CICO is false then it is false.

But it isn't. Show me proof of it not working for weight loss/gain. There is none.
Whether 100% of the underlying mechanisms of weight change are entirely related to calorie intake is irrelevant.

if you guys actually watched the first video you would see a good counterexample.
>Doesn't change the calories
>Gains weight

at around 11:00

>I started getting into fitness literally 2 months ago
What a fucking surprise. The guy claiming thermodynamics is a meme is a newb who doesn't know shit.

You can fuck off now. The thread is over.

More like the guy claiming the human body is as complicated as a simple pendulum to make a point is a newb who doesn't know shit.

Not realizing that it is possible for some forms of food are harder to process than others and affects your body different ways is trivializing the situation. duh

>is a newb who doesn't know shit.
At least we agree on that.

Again, this shit is 1% of what is important.
Getting bogged down in relatively insignificant details is what keeps newbs like you from ever getting anywhere decent.

You really are a god damn 2 month faggot. We get it brah, the body is complicated. But at the end of the day IIFYM CICO master race fucking works.You are worrying about the wrong things. You are never going to make it

>shows evidence
>HUR HUR NEVER GUN MAEK IT
>NEWB DUNT KNOW SHIT
I'm actually ambitious enough to research all this shit but somehow not going to make it. ok dude.

This isn't a super practical thing I know. But CICO is false. So just fucking say it. It's false. Thats the only reason I made this thread because it irks me every time I hear someone say CICO, hur hur simple thermodynamics etc. Because it isn't. It works most of the time because people eat relatively healthy as well, but it is easier to eat a caloric deficit with the right combination of foods that heighten leptin etc. The message should be more nuanced for optimal gains. Those who don't do their research are never going to get anywhere decent.

also the dubs are with me

Nobody is fucking arguing that CICO isn't going to cause you to lose weight.
What we are trying to tell you is that some foods are healthier than others. and the difference between being "skinnyfat" and having a great body is in what you eat.

CICO is not false for weight loss/gain though.
It works.

>Nobody is fucking arguing that CICO isn't going to cause you to lose weight.

Then why make this thread? Nobody says CICO is for health purposes. You're arguing against a stance that doesn't exist.

Holy shit people look at the counterexample
Not the samefag that kid is just retarded

>counterexample

One anecdote doesn't mean anything.
Theres more examples of people eating nothing but cake or other junk and still losing weight.

It isn't an anecdote because it was well documented, and hence counterexample
Yes there are plenty of cases of people eating nothing but cakes and still losing weight, but it only takes one counterexample to break a rule.

When I hear people say "calories in, calories out, it's that simple bro" I imagine them also saying "Computers - they're just 1's and 0's bro."

I take the silence as me winning this debate.

trips of triumph
now the thread is over
stop saying CICO like a smug fag thats all i really care about
basically this

Couldn't cico be referred to as a good rule of thumb? Not perfect but a good place to start?

yep