What is Veeky Forums's view on diet soda?

So I'm trying to lose weight. I've switched over to diet Mountain Dew and diet red Bull as well as Low fat Doritos.

But some guys were telling me diet soda is worse for me than regular soda. what is Veeky Forums's consistent.

*consensus

I drink literally 6+ cans of diet coke every day, it has never impacted my ability to lose weight. I look pretty good imo.

The real loss from drinking diet drinks is that it is paying for something with no nutritional value at all.

It's not worse than regular soda, it's better. The problem is that it keeps you in the habit of liking sweet shit. I would move to just the carbonated Crystal Geyser unsweetened stuff to wear yourself off soda entirely.

Diet soda is ok, OP
Just don't drink it too much, or it will rotten your teeth

Zero calories from liquids is dieting on easy mode.
"Healthier" junk-food is a meme.

>I'm trying to lose wieght
>What's the idea on diet soda
Don't drink soda at all, that's the first thing you have to take out. If it doesn't have a nutritional value it doesn't go in your diet. That's why fat people stay fat, they want something but aren't willing to give nothing to attain it. Don't be like that abd drink fucking water the best drink you'll ever taste.

You know what aspartamo is?

Does nothing to my blood sugar or appetite.

In fact, the carbonation is satiating.

Yes, believe me I know plenty about it.
Despite all the tinfoil hattery, there is no evidence to suggest it poses any threat to humans in the levels we are capable of consuming it through diet drinks.

drink carbonated water then

>diet red bull
>not white sips

But water has no nutritional value, retard.

Its not part of "diet" either.

I have not sipped anything but water for over a year. Stop being weak-willed. The last time I had a carbonated drink it felt like acid

Kinda pointless imo, literally tastes worse than water.

If I'm going to cheat it has to be with something worth breaking my diet for.

Just shows how fucking obsessed our society is with shortcuts and muh cheats. Seriously? If you are going to take your nutrition seriously, just FUCKING DRINK WATER. And don't whine about how bad it tastes, make sacrifices and your body will eventually return to a normal state where water actually is refreshing. I fucking hate people who drink diet soda... how weak willed and pathetic do you have to be?

>Stimulates appetite
>tastes sickly (once you've been off sugar for a few weeks at least)
>costs $$
>makes you look like a man-child/runt

I'll pass

It's not a shortcut or a cheat. I like soda, it has sugar, diet soda is the same but without sugar. WOW it's amazing how will modern science improve our lives further. You should stay mad though because you're too cucked to drink anything but water

Haha.. I'm actually drinking a REAL coke right now... want to know why I can get away with it? Because it will be the only soft drink I'll consume all week. My point is that diet soda doesn't fit in anywhere in the nutrition spectrum. It's neither an indulgence, nor healthy. It's just a fucking excuse.

Your fucking stupid, diet soda doesn't impact ANYTHING.it may have 0 nutritional value, but last I checked calories in calories out... you fucking retard

>sense of self is so fragile you can't be seen holding a diet soda

There is no harm in it, but you should try and get away from the idea of craving sweet stuff. Sparkling water is better if you want something to drink other than regular water.

just as fucking bad for you as real soda. fattie.

>no harm in it

REAL science (multiple studies) suggests otherwise.

Try switching to fucking WATER you fat piece of shit.

It's shit. Drink water only.

>low fat doritos
these are a thing? probably the worst thing for you. it's still high carb, empty calorie, taste-bud raping shit. make some meat/vegetable dishes with real cheese + real hot sauce to replace doritos. drink tea/coffee instead of soda.

no sugar + few carbs = ez weight loss (keto).

don't listen to these faggots. If it stops you from drinking real soda then it's helping. Just remember to take care of your teeth.

Not worth it. I quit drinking regular soda around six years ago and switched 100% to water. But around a year ago, I started drinking diet soda (mostly Coke Zero and Diet Pepsi) at lunch everyday.

I ended up with 2 cavities, while my teeth were flawless for years. Shits just as bad for your teeth.

It increases appetite significantly. I found myself hungrier and eating more, and I gained some fat.

It probably had the same negative effects on my body as regular soda, but it causes them in different ways.

Diet soda is fine. No calories. If your trying to lose weight, drink that instead of regular soda. The whole "diet soda causes cancer" myth is just a thing fat people say so that they can drink their full calorie corn syrup water, which is actually associated with cancer.

There's evidence to suggest it triggers the same insulin response in your body. As someone from a family of diabetic fatfucks, I was raised in Diet Coke... But it was the first thing I eliminated when I started getting in shape.

It just isn't worth it. At least water keeps you hydrated. Coffee has more caffeine. Sparkling water is fizzy. There are just simply better options out there... But you do you.

Dude the disease Aspergers is NAMED AFTER the main ingredient in diet sodas: Aspartame.

If doctors and scientists NAMED A DISEASE after something you can bet your ass they have tons of proof it causes it otherwise they'd get their assses sued off.

Stuff is for shit don't drink it.

I used to crave sweet foods when I got depressed, so I started having root beer sweetened with stevia instead. I know people say that diet soda will keep you craving sweet foods, but I think my body getting tricked that way actually helped wean me off it.

Now I just drink water or coffee.

It's not even spelled the same. 2/10, low effort.

Yeah, Hans Asperger, the sofa ingredient you fucking retard

I wasn't sure at first but those quads don't lie.

calories in calories out

>I ended up with 2 cavities
brush your fucking teeth

No nutrition, cut it out asap

75 kg for one

didn't really do any exercises to aid it, just keep pressing.

I brush 3 times a day and floss daily. The acidity in any soda weakens your enamel and makes them prone to cavities.

>I brush 3 times a day
no fucking wonder you have cavities. brushing that much will ruin your enamel as fast as soda. that plus drinking edible acid will definitely ruin your teeth.
either that or you don't brush well enough.

you must have shit tooth genetics. probably best you cut the soda like you did. I drink a liter every day for 15 years. I used to get a cavity maybe every other year or so, but for the past 5 my teeth have been great. I think it's because I learned how to actually brush my teeth properly.

quads don't lie

Because Carbonated Water, Caramel Color, Aspartame, Phosphoric Acid, Potassium Benzoate, Natural Flavors (whatever that means), Citric Acid and Caffeine is the same as drinking water. I'm sure your kidneys and liver think so too.