Can we get a Planet Fitness hate thread going?

can we get a Planet Fitness hate thread going?

If you don't like it just don't go. Let fat people have their safe place to waste time and the very little energy they put in.

At the planet fitness near me they only have smith machines

wait why tf are you not allowed to do those exercises there?

If I'm stuck with only planet fitness, what's a good routine?

Planet fitness is for people concerned about actually fitness, not just some Chad retards obssessed much aesthetics

Why, it's a good beginner gym open 4 hours that caters to people who are insecure and just starting their journey.
The 24 hours is great for bipolar autist.

Every gym goers first year should be at planet fitness. Their dumbbells go to 80 which is more than enough for the first year.

not working out

They say it themselves - it's not a gym. Do not go there and expect to get a workout, you won't be able to do most of what you want. No barbells, no free weights at all except for relatively light dumbbells. They don't want you there, so fuck them, don't give them your money.

Planet fitness is a great fucking gym simply because it allows people to figure out if they like the gym lifestyle without charging them out the ass. It's 10 fucking dollars a month what more could you expect from it?

I "graduated" from pf a year after I started lifting because their weights became too light for me. If I hadn't joined pf I wouldn't have kept with the gym lifestyle and I wouldn't be more aesthetic than half of Veeky Forums.

Fuck your thread OP

Because they intimidate the fattys

Truth I spent my first 2 years there then graduated. I will always have a soft spot for planet fitness.
Going through a rough break up, can't sleep at 2 am. Go workout.
10$ a month makes it accessible for every fucking person.

The problem with that is that it's completely normal to be insecure when you first start getting fit. I went through the whole being intimidated thing when I could barely bench 65 for 10 reps and dudes nearby were double my size putting out nearly 3 pl8.

Seeing these people initially scared me but I wanted to be like them, so I developed the habit of always coming to gym and lifting as hard as possible.

The problem with never being intimidated or insecure is that you don't feel the pressure to make yourself better.

this. That's exactly why I joined a grimy ass hardcore bodybuilder gym when I was a beginner

What if i spent the 10 bucks a month there, didnt exercise there and just went for the pizza.buffet as my cheat meal. Cheaper than buying a whole pie.

>Stop doing/liking what I don't like.

Why the fuck do you care lol, if they had a set of 80 pound dumbbells, pullup bar, and pulley system at home you wouldn't say shit and say it's good enough for a newb.

It's like 15 bucks for 24 hours, unlimited cardio machines, tanning, massage beds, and if you're bulking you can get pizza. Even if you only go for the pizza/bagels, you'll probably just break even.

Stop being a faggot that gets mad people aren't on the same path as them.

Honestly I'm 7 months in and feel "graduated" from it in the sense that I'm past their free weights in everything I do and I'm not fucking with their smith machine past some basic shit.

But my dumbass bought into their contract and it's not worth buying out for four months left so I'm not sure what else to do there without feeling like I'm stalling. I'm trying to switch over to single leg/arm everything to make the weights kinda harder.

There's a community city gym I just found out about that goes for 10$ a month, is smallish but has a few squat racks and heavy weights, plus some kick boxing classes. It's been around for a few years apparently all in the name of making my fatass city less fat. But I only just found out about it and hate myself for not knowing sooner. Can't wait to be done and join there.

yea you are shoulder and incline pressing 80 pound dumbbells in 7 months.

It's funny how the pizza/bagel thing gets mentioned so much when PF only gives out those treats once a month.

>t-rows
if you don't have actual equipment for it, what are you doing, just setting a barbell on the floor? That's dumb
>overhead presses
might be a safety concern
>clean and jerks
lots of gyms ban powerlifting for safety + don't want heavy weights dropping on the floor
>deadlifts
Again with heavy weights dropping on floor. They don't want to invest in bumper plates, so they just tell people not to drop 400 pounds of metal on the floor

>SUPER SETTING
I'm sure if the gym is empty nobody will care, but if the gym is crowded then they don't want you hogging two machines

seriously can't you just make fun of pizza days or the lunk alarm or their anti-fitness commercials?

see above

I've seen shit just as bad at "real" gyms juice bars. Some of the excuses of protein/fruit juices or even fridges with full sugar monsters/red bulls.

All of them only have smith machines
> I should know I work out there

>clean and jerks
>powerlifting

You do understand that it's completely absurd that a 'gym' offers free pizza ever right?

You do realize that "real gym" offer full sugar energy drinks and a juice bar that would put a diabetic into a coma, right?

lol what

What gym do you go to that has a juice bar?

>have PF membership
>never had an issue with working out at night
>pay 10 a month for enough stuff for me
>still look good enough to get girls

No complaints

My 24 hour fitness has a juice bar, but I'm too much of an autist to talk to anyone else, so I never order anything.

It's not that bad where I am. They turn off the shitty alarm after 10 because it a 24 hour gym. Literally nobody there. It's perfect. I get out at 11:00 so I go work out till 2 am

I'm ok with no super sets. That's the true AIDS of the gym.

I've been in tons of gyms and tons of them have juice bars or vending machines. Like 90 some percent. Some gyms that also have racquetball courts or tennis courts might even serve alcohol.

super sets is life
GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD

>how do 99% of gyms, even (actually especially) the small gyms not making a ton of money, manage to allow everything that Planet Fitness bans, while not having a pizza day

Hope you die in your sleep.

Gloryholes.

No.

You're right about clean and jerks being Oly lifting not powerlifting. But the Nazis didn't gas anyone. Hitler was very opposed to using gas against anyone because he was the victim of a mustard gas attack in WW1, and knew how terrifyingly painful it is.

I might join planet fitness soon. It looks like they have mostly machines for squats and stuff, will this negatively effect gains? I haven't lifted in a long ass time.

this. i don't understand all of the hate about the gym.

Is this stealth holocaust denial or something?

why not just join there now? if you don't like the PF and the money is sunk, you're only shitting on yourself by continuing to go to the worse gym. unless an extra $10 is going to break the bank just start going to the better gym already.

They have no free weights. Not as much freedom as a regular gym but it's $10. Personally I spend more for a better gym but it's up to you.