Happy thread v2

Happy thread v2

This place is too negative. Tell me why you are happy today, what you are thankful for. How has lifting improved your life? Is heavy lifting the one high point of your day, every day?

Hard mode: don't mention mires or girls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PSH0eRKq1lE
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

After only a 1 month break my strength took forever to come back. 3 months and I worried it'd never be back. In the last week I matched my PRs in bench and diddly. Squat close behind.

Hit goal of 16" arms at ~8%bf. Excited.

Bump

Are you guys really better off shitposting about boogie, veganism, and chad?

starting to see my abs.
Thats motivating.

One of these is not like the others, fuck you

Starting to see a vein in my forearm and did 11 leg raises vs 2 3 weeks ago

meant hanging like this not raising my leg

THE PUNISHMENT FITS THE CRIME.

ive gained 10 lbs since mid may. really big deal for me as a skelly.

The last three weeks have been incredibly productive. Tackling lots of personal projects and growing a ton in all areas.

>After stalling for a while after not being able to eat enough, I am steadily increasing lifts again. Greatly improved form.
>Almost finished Jordan Peterson self authoring program
>Improving at fencing
>Learning how to draw
>Keeping daily logs to track my mood
>Learning lots of wisdom
>Almost finished reading the Secret Teachings of All Ages
>Scheduled my life and finally found a good work/fun balance
>Wastes of time playing video games too much are starting to lose their appeal
>Eating well
>Happier with myself. Less low moods, depression is very infrequent.

What forearm excercises do you do? Wrist curls hurt my left wrist too much to do and i use a CoC gripper to increase grip strength but not entirely sure if that helps forearm.

>>Almost finished reading the Secret Teachings of All Ages
Tell us about the secret user

>9 week sheiko cycle
>10kg PR on bench 1rm
>4 day rest
>first day back to training
>another 2.5kg PR

Pretty happy desu. Squat went up a lot more but that's because of noob gains (it was lagging hard because I did variations instead of regular squats) and deadlift stalled due to a very minor but painful spinal erector strain on test day that needed to be foam rolled but I'd say I can PR on deads by 5kg once the tightness goes away.

upped my squat pb by 15kg in 2 months

I have found hammer curls to activate mine really well

Religious texts/stories are allegorical and secret knowledge is hidden in the texts that allow the best spiritual unfoldment. Learn various secret codes, especially numerical in order to unfold the true knowledge that was hidden from the masses so that the core message wouldn't be perverted. Normal people are not ready to ascend so they need to believe religious texts literally in order to best follow the teachings. This won't bring them to the high parts of spiritual development but it will sure as hell keep them from falling.

Also get a mentor that is versed in alchemy.

That's the secret.

Thanks

snus

My abs are slooooowly becoming visible, feels great to see improvement

Been 3 months since I started trying to be fit. Started at 350 and officially hit 318 today. Still far from being where I want to be or being confident but it's still feelsgoodman

Holy shit that's good. Success will come.

Big gains, and my body is really toning around after too much slack. The past month and a half is when I got serious about lifting, and it's been a lot of fun.

Got my first firecape yesterday, and yesterday I was the strongest guy in my gym for a good 45 minutes.

I remembered myself I have nothing

cara delevigne?

been keeping at my routine for 3 months now, losing a few lbs, learning 50 japanese words a day. dieting is much easier now that i can ignore my hunger pangs.

keep at it bros, we're all gonna make it

Lifting heavy is a goddamn blessing.
Feel like a goddamn werewolf tearing shit up.
Fuck yeah, deadlift day next.

>I'm finally seeing the effects of my cut (caloric deficit and IF)
>had a girl over last night, sex was mediocre but the cuddling was nice
>dropped her off this morning and had a good commute listening to Action Bronson and zoning out
>it's bicep and OHP day
>it's pay day
>it's casual Friday
Only downside is I got very little sleep so I'm tired as fuck. Coffee and the weekend approaching helps

A shitpost
Is a shitpost
No matter where it is
THE KITCHEN'S NOT THE SAME WITHOUT YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>secret knowledge is hidden in the texts that allow the best spiritual unfoldment.
Whats this secret knowledge

Careful with turning into a bible thumper now user

lost

1) passed all my exams after studying very hard for months

2) after not talking to my little sister for almost 2 years, i reached out to her and we went on a bike ride yesterday

3) gonna finish my degree this year

4) making gains. Gonna close the CoC #3 soon i think

5) managed to build a chest machine that feels much better than bench press

6) finally understanding some math concepts that eluded me for years

Good things all around honestly. Now if only I could get a gf and some friends. Gotta work on that

>have ADHD
>metabolically ADHD is a concurrent lack of phenethylamines circulating in ones' body
>cardio is known for increasing BDNF in one's body
>if, as a child, ADHD is untreated, one grows to have very little dopamine neurons
>whenever I do cardio, I only feel stress hormones but very little reward hormones
>have idea
>get prescription for methylphenidate (ritalin)
>do cardio every morning, regardless of how I feel, 5 times a week
>that way ritalin, which barely makes me feel anything but nausea (due to it going mostly to adrenalin neurons instead of dopamine neurons), can help me tolerate cardio
>tfw the more I do cardio, the more sensitive I become to ritalin
>tfw after a couple of months, 20mg which used to give me nausea are now as euphoric as 200g of dark chocolate
>tfw no longer nauseous
>tfw ritalin made me addicted to running
>tfw cardio is now a lot more rewarding, even without drugs
>tfw I tricked my brain into having running associated with dopamine pathways

I'm not sure about the effects in the long run, but I'm hoping one day, running will help me liberate so much phenethylamines, it'll make me have a "non-ADHD" brain, for at least a few hours, without drugs

Lifting helped build up my confidence. I've cleaned up my diet, lost a few pounds of fat and I'm starting to see some muscle.

Wednesday I benched a pl8 for the first time.

Now my relationship with my girlfriend is going better than ever because she loves how confident and dominant I am. I'm more comfortable around other people and I'm more willing to take risks.

Last week I got my motorcycle license and tomorrow I'm going out to buy my first bike.

Lifting has honestly changed my life

I have ADD, and cardio had been huge for me. I went untreated until college, then spent a few years on Aderral XR. It helped but it had some side effects for me, like naseau

Since I started working out, especially cardio, I've been feeling pretty normal afterwards. It's gotten to the point where I've been able to go a year without medication. I also mix this with some meditation and occasional yoga.

I would really recommend trying yoga, I know it doesn't work for everyone, but it's been great for me

Do you really believe that?
I think that the true is much easier than someone think.
There is no secret, there is no Magic.
There are only greedy, fearful sheeps, wolfs in sheep clothes and very very few lions that are born in captivity.
I think you understand, there is no Need for an alchimist

nice job user, why didn't you talk to your sister for 2 years? in the same place with mine, except it's been more like 6 years, not sure how to bridge that gap.

I fucking hate heavy lifting but I view it as a way to train my willpower.

I know lifting has been enjoyable, but, compared to cardio, I wouldn't quite call it "useful" (for ADHD). Thanks, tho. This is further motivation to keep on doing cardio.

Besides, it's healthy as fuck for heart, lungs and brain, regardless of "medical conditions" - i.e. it benefits healthy people as much as it benefits people with less healthy habits.

Somewhat related: do you ever feel like coffee gives you a higher rush than adderall itself? I was surprised when I found out not even meth can keep me as high as coffee.

>why didn't you talk to your sister for 2 years?
I needed help with something and when I asked for her help, i felt that she didnt really care to help me that much. That pissed me off, but in reality it was just me blowing things out of proportion. I was in the wrong basically, and nearly destroyed my relationship with my sister because of my stupidity.

>in the same place with mine, except it's been more like 6 years, not sure how to bridge that gap.
If you feel that you would like to have a relationship with tour sister again, i strongly recommend that you talk to her. Nothing will give you back the 6 lost years, but there's still a lot of time ahead

It's hard to break the ice, but well worth it, in my opinion...

Train until you enjoy it.

Good luck user

thanks for the input m8

>started to meet a thicc qt 3.14
>abs have started to show.
been briddy Good
>lost my virginity to

How can I ever enjoy heavy squatting? I even hate bodyweight squats.

Ur not cut out for this

If you haven't been doing this for very long it takes some time to become enjoyable.

Also, especially with squats/deads, form, mobility, and ROM can make a world of difference in terms of how natural/comfortable it feels.

I've been doing it for years. The only thing that became easier is holding the bar over the midfoot since now the bar is dictating where the center of gravity is.

I have big forearms and this is why

Probably some genetics too, but it helps

>got super busy
>started missing gym days
>go less and less
>realize it's been 3 weeks since I went to the gym
>finally go back
>do relatively mediocre workout
>feel surprisingly accomplished
>also feel mad doms
I was really kinda worried I was going to stop entirely, now I feel pretty good. I can get my habits back on point, I feel like I got this.
>things went better than expected.

I decided to lose weight and from last year October to now I went from almost 100Kg to 85 Kg. I just ate less,no sugar,made push ups and walked more then I already do/enjoy.I did not stop with drinking beer. I feel better and have to change some of my clothes. That makes me happy :)

How can u learn and remember 50 a day, that's impossibru

look better than the people that used to call me fat 4 years ago while at the same time they're turning into fat slobs. Can't wait for my hs reunion so I can look like a God while everyone else will be disgusting. I know its sad and a revenge fantasy but whatever

They actually played the song I requested on the radio today. I may not have an good physique, but I'm strong, healthy and content. Looking forward to drinking some beers tonight after work. Little things like that add up.

Noob. On my 3rd infernal cape and benched 320 today.

Throw in some heavy farmers walks after every workout. I had godlike forearms when I worked on a farm carrying shit like that everyday.

The guilt of missing the gym hurts so much more than the doms you get when you finally start back up.

We did it

Lifts keep going up, getting stronger and stronger, finally starting to become teal man on symmetric strength. Getting paid more at work. Also, finally getting over a girl I broke up with.

Things are looking up

Quality post

I successfully climbed my first mountain yesterday and it was a lot easier than I expected it to be.

I am getting back in the gym consistently and squat and diddly are returning to pre-injury levels.

Even if I can't see daily progress, when I look back at myself a year ago, I realize I have greatly improved on a few important areas of my life.

I just got my Aeropress in the mail today and it makes a DAMN fine cuppa.

How old are you user

Beat my PR on deadlifts while listening to scotland the brave youtu.be/PSH0eRKq1lE
>LIFT THE DAMN WEIGHT LADDY

finally getting more confident and relaxed, might come back to uni finish my degree, maybe travel. I got back to reading books which I enjoyed so much when I was younger. Made myself some good post-workout meal (getting better at cooking). Not gonna post pics cuz I ate it already

I'm happy knowing that I have people who love me and people I love, living is great. I'm grateful for the care my parents have given me all through my life and the support my friends give me through hard times, and to you for making this thread. Thank you.

that's called a captain's chair, makes it easier not to confuse is with the hanging leg raise

JPet strikes again
kek

>got a job
>promoted to manager
>got a gf
>all my coworkers like me
>getting more social and going out
>no social anxiety

Is this making it?

I have realized that the only reason I havent offed myself is because of my parents, that it would be such an asshole move to them.
My lifts are stalling on babby numbers.

I had a nice dinner today and I'm enjoying Twin Peaks S3 so far, so I guess I can't complain.

my life is complete shit right now but I just saw something funny

reading a random comic and this is the PE teacher. lmao at least I dont have chicken legs. no missed leg day in over 8 years

everything else is going to shit but at least I still have my gainz. keep that iin mind lad. if you feel down, stand in front of the mirror and flex. might sound cringy but if I am going through really really bad shit and just want to die, that actually helps me

congrats, mirin you

I hope I will get there soon myself. meanwhile I still wade through hell

I just started back up.
It felt good to work out.

>all my coworkers like me
more importantly what do YOU think about them?

I'm happy because happiness comes from within, no reason needed
Also the endorphin rush from lifting is pretty dope

>and nearly destroyed my relationship with my sister because of my stupidity.
IMO, one of the greatest qualities a person can have is recognizing their mistakes. The fact that you've wronged may be troubling, but the fact that you've recognized it, makes you a healthy person when it comes to social interactions. Hope you've already patched things up with your sister.

Shit, forgot the reply, lol. You could enjoy heavy squatting by gamifying it. Set yourself tiny goals, like increasing reps or weights, even if it's one or two (reps or kgs, respectively, lol), then, at the end of the day, give yourself a candy bar. Chocolate is best because of theobromine.

i have been marathoning preacher today and I am grateful ruth negga exists because she is the most perfect woman I have ever seen and unironically influenced my taste to to the point where I got a girlfriend who looks like her with longer hair.

how does one treat ADHD as a child to increse dopamine neurons?

nibba im 18

Had a short day at work (part time job, got done early), then got complimented on my parallel parking skills by my neighbor. Shaved, gonna lift soon, so far today has been pretty chill.

Randomly lost 2kg (4.4 pounds) in a week. I was maintaining before despite cutting and I'm glad to see progress.

Great job, user!

Big drops await those willing to lose, user.

user, these dub dubs truly must be a beacon from the Heavens, for you have found your path to enlightenment. Continue down the path, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses (take pictures of old self).

Wow, another user with dub dubs. Perhaps you, too, have found enlightenment. Not only that, but you've found love! I wish you the greatest of luck.

I'm happy hearing that you are happy, user

Oh, and I've been doing well. I've gotten enough scholarships to actually get money for going to college, I finally OneRep'd 200 lbs, I increased my full set max to 165 lbs, and I'm finally losing the belly fat I've had since hs.
During college I plan to do much more cardio to finally lower by bf and increase my crappy endurance, but only during college for the weather around here is hot.

Feeling very motivated to be close to god and let him guide my life.

Lifting doesn't give me "bigorexia" or whatever you guys get. Every day I lift I feel better about my body. Like today.