I just increased my squat by one plate with this one simple trick: press the bar when you push up...

I just increased my squat by one plate with this one simple trick: press the bar when you push up. Mathematically you decrease the weight by whatever you can press. Next time people tell you that a BTN press is a meme, show them how much you squat.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That completly goes against what the workout is for though faggot,

snibbity snap :D

congratulations on going from 0pl8 to 1pl8 bitch

in seriousness that only works for very light weight. after a while the weight is just too heavy to move upwards, and that point comes fairly quickly. besides, i think it's illegal to do that in powerlifting, and if you're not powerlifting, you still shouldn't do it because it will take your quads out of the equation and you won't develop them properly if you care about aesthetics or if you're an oly lifter who needs more quad power. take the plate off. squat your actual max instead of cheating just to impress at most ten people in your gym.

>Not ego lifting
>Making it

Pick one you vegan queer.

How would this even help? Your legs still have to be moving whatever is going up. Pushing the weight up doesn't magically take weight away from what your legs need to move

Grab a bathroom scale and set it beside a door knob or some surface you can push up from.

>Get on the scale and weigh yourself
>Now start pushing down on a surface
>Watch your weight go down

In this case, the doorknob or whatever you used to push up is like the barbell. Your weight decreases.

>take your quads out of the equation
>look, your legs went all the way down and up but they did nothing. You can overhead press more than you can squat

Try doing that with a free weight. When you lift it, the total weight will remain the same, so his point still stands.
The only conceivable way it would help is if by lifting the bar some pressure is relieved from the stabilizer muscles in the back. So it might work for those who have underdeveloped stabilizers compared to the main lifting ones. At least that's all I can think of.

I don't like that I can't tell if this is serious or not.

Wrong. Lift the weight up and watch what happens, the g-force literally negates the weight. You really shouldn't argue with science when you're an art school faggot.

Now you're talking momentum and inertia. That's not what you described initially.
In this case, yes, kipping type stuff makes things easier. It's also cheating.

The best way to explain why OPs cheat method can increase how much you can squat is because you're adding your arm muscles to your squatting power. Normally, your squat is primarily 85% legs muscle power and 15% core muscle power. When you cheat and add your arms to add an upward force, you add 20% muscle power from your arms. A real squat doesn't use your arms to push the weight up, obviously.

i'd expect this to be the fpbp

>tfw i realize Veeky Forums is full of brainlets who can't understand basic physics

>Arguing against maximizing your gains
>Calling us brainlets

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

KEK

i'm not arguing against maximizing gains. i'm saying OP's magic doesn't work. didn't you guys go to school or something? do i really need to draw a force diagram to show how stupid OP's idea is?

Yes, please draw a diagram that defies logic.

This will be good.

I think it is a que man

is this a joke

Yes, squatting an extra plate while some cute cardio bunny walks by is a joke.

Go away.

u have it backwards, you want to pull the bar into your traps/shoulders.

you don't break at the hibs or your knees, u break at your taint, aka asshole.

once near or at depth, keep chest up and drive your chest back and up. the legs will take care of themselves

good lifting, anons

>you want to pull the bar into your traps/shoulders.

you want to add extra weight to your squat?

Are you... actually kidding?
Especially the guy citing Dunning-Kruger on someone else while he himself suffers from it.

If you use your arms to exert force on the barbell, a counter force will be exerted on your shoulder sockets, so you have the same force in total on your torso and legs.

It's like saying you can pull youself up into levitation by pulling your ears upwards....

Stop responding to obvious shitposting which is only going to be used as a screencap in reddit-tier fit """"""humor""""""" threads

2/10