How come I've never seen before/after calves progress pics? I know why...

How come I've never seen before/after calves progress pics? I know why, because no matter what you do they won't get any bigger.

I'd say its more likely that nobody takes pictures of their calves before they have been lifting long enough to develop a complex about their non growing calves.

Pic related, Jason Genovas calf routine.

Calfs are resistant and hard to "shape" they take abuse and load since you can walk. I think people dont really take pics cause the change happens over a very long time and its usually subtler than say your chest or abs

You can definitely get bigger calves. After 2 months of doing pretty regular calf training with a really slow tempo
and making sure to get maximum plantar and dorsiflexion I noticed an increase in size.
Not drastic but definitely noticeable.

I really don't see a point to training calves, it doesn't make you jump higher, it doesn't make you run faster, it doesn't let you squat more, it doesn't make you explode more etc. etc.

Yeah, if you keep isolating that gastroc like a retard.

That's the most beautiful peroneus longus I've seen. I wonder if I should shave my leg hairs too, my calves are not that bad either.

Makes you more aesthetic

Doing lots of uphill running made my calves look good. Not necessarily much bigger but with more visible definition by far.

>it doesn't let you squat more
It does. Next time you're squatting, pay attention to the feeling in your calves when you squat up from below parallel. You'll notice you use your calves at the start of the explosive movement.

Only isometrically so your ankles don't explode to the side.

But again, how exactly does hypertrophying my calves help with this? The only way calves impact performance is genetic, i.e. related to tibial length and insertion.

I never took pics but my calves have improved a bit from dyel to completely mediocre by doing weighted calve raises and counting to three and the bottom and top of the rep

Do 100 calf raises everyday for a month. Report back the gains. It's what ballet dancers do and they all have massive calves.

Forgot to mention to do them barefoot and without holding onto anything. Also hold at the top for 1-2sec. You're welcome.

I feel sorry for CALFLETS

Pathetic creatures. My calves are so big I stopped training them, I started hitting them hard, it was fun for a couple of months, but then they started getting too big

I became paranoid that my legs looked fat when my calves were not tensed

>I know why, because no matter what you do they won't get any bigger.

Then why do fat people have big calves?

Checkmate, atheists.

I will try this out and report back in a month.

Edema.

Checkmate. Holy Roman Empire.

Run you idiots, or play basketball or pickep soccer with some faggots in the gym.

This. Running up hills is god-tier for training calves

You can easily get big calves if you train them super hard. No one gives a fuck about calves though, so no one trains them.

Most people half ass their calves. Sometimes I do 4 sets of 30 just to get a calf pump.

this

you also never see forearm before and after photos, at least not a noteworthy change
that's mostly fat

>tfw when you've maxed out your explosion potential.

"Farmers walks" up stairs. Thank me later.

so step ups with dumbbells

>ywn make a deal with god and get him to swap our places
Do you wanna feel how it feels?

Except it does all of those things, you turboretard