How do you guys keep motivated to lose weight, I try and try but always lose intrested, any tips?

How do you guys keep motivated to lose weight, I try and try but always lose intrested, any tips?

get depressed and have no money.
i lost 40lbs already

discipline > motivation

>>>/fat/

* I was fat and decided to change my life forever.
* Discipline > Motivation
* I do Muay Thai, and Buakaw is my "fighter and body" ideal (he weighs 158 lbs and I'm cutting and training to achieve this goal)
* DISCIPLINE > MOTIVATION
* BUAKAW!!!

You need to feel desire to lose weight, some discipline and don't drop too much calories a day because you feel shit.

you have to want to lose weight, not just want to be thinner

just remind yourself why you doing this
you suck off your life?
you want to change?

look at yourself in the mirror naked

*Set realistic goals and achieve them or surpass them, with lesser goals on the way.
*Document your progress with pictures and stats (weight + waist circumference).
*Read FPH threads.
*Hate your current body.

for me it was hard at first, but after a few weeks I see results and that is enough for me to keep going. Also the fact that I get amazing dreams after working out is a plus. even if its a nightmare its interesting enough that I don't care.

also once you get your diet in place it just gets easier and easier. you will get to a point that if you think of skipping a workout know you will feel like shit so you do it anyway. Starting out is always the hardest part imo.

The big change for me was when I shifted from 'I want to lose 40kg" to "I want to lose 1 kg this week" and weighing in every sunday, recording and graphing results and all

Makes it far, far easier to avoid shit food choices and binges as now everything seems so short term and immediate all the time instead of the vast nothingness of "one year goal"

Not being fat in the first place has worked well for me

quit "trying" and do it

haha good one skelly fem boy

I'm 6'3 and 195 lbs, but whatever helps you sleep at night

damn dude that sucks im 6'4" 200lbs maybe in another life you'll be as good as me manlet

Okay

I do intermittent fasting, because it's easier, psychologically, to forego overeating when you literally can't eat during a given period of time. Exercise also keeps me motivated, because I wouldn't want to throw the effort it took to bike 16 miles into the trash by eating some junk. I also tend to eat at maintenance during the weekend, which may have prevented me from getting mentally fatigued from dieting for so long (but this also means that I have a higher deficit on deficit days, nothing insane though). I also have a graph of my progress so far, but I didn't take a before pic, which I now regret. I've been losing 1.5 lb/week for about 4 months now.

this

Personally, I buy clothes that I like, but I either can't fit in, or I'll look really fat in. So when I'm dieting and working out, I remember about all the clothes I bought and strive to wear them.

Two things really:

looking at my goal body everytime I thought I would not make it

Dieting hard enough to see results faster, by the end of each week.

Abs. Always abs.

I'm not even fat, but perhaps it has something to do with me returning to Veeky Forums that everytime I look in the mirror and see that I still don't have visible abs, I just get frustrated with myself. Did double my normal cardio this morning though, I just wanna cut down from 20% or so to maybe 12-15% as I haven't been there in quite a few years.

Putting on clothes that looked nice and used to fit years ago but can't even fit over you now works too

>Dieting hard enough to see results faster, by the end of each week.

Not a good idea if you don't want loose skin. Losing fat slower and letting your body adjust along the way is better for that.