youtube.com/watch?v=zmyGURNxyHU
instagram.com/valwilkins_/
renaissanceperiodization.com/training-volume-landmarks-muscle-growth/
renaissanceperiodization.com/hypertrophy-training-guide-central-hub/
instagram.com/p/BWUoY4KDR1c/?taken-by=xsteelxfitness
instagram.com/justsaabs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

reminder you will never date nor even talk to the girl you keep posting

SHUT THE FUCK UP IM GOING TO GET REALLY GOOD AT WEIGHTLIFTING AND GO TO IWF WORLDS AND FUCKING FIND MY WAIFU AND PROFESS MY LOVE TO HER IN GRAMMATICALLY PERFECT LATVIAN THEN WE WILL LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER IN VENTSPILS WITH 2 CHILDREN AND A DOG

>tfw qualifying totals for 85 and 94kg are currently only 5 or 6 kilos apart depending on the meet

94 here we come

in the time it would take you to become internationally competitive, weightlifting will have been removed from the olympics and rebeka, having lost government for her >sport, will be forced to prostitute herself in her latvian slum

sorry panzy :(

>94
>Panzie is becoming a big boy now
Brings a tear to my eye desu

coach is going to make me do fucking German Volume Training when I bump a class

I'm going to die

how bad are your stats?

also idk if owg is still a thing but pas recently got bronze at nationals, that's p cool
instagram.com/p/BWoJmI6HKOa/?taken-by=acbraith

and then you wake up from your dream

I tweaked my lower back on deadlift warmups of all things.
What's the protocol? So far it feels like a light muscle strain but I want it gone as soon as possible. Should I roll on the area with a ball?

cute, who's that?

my future girlfriend

my sweet little princess

I've unironically had multiple dreams that I have been dating her

its honestly just sad at this point

I'm pretty fucking bad cause I cant do shit thats overhead

80/106 is current total

its ridiculous cause I only power snatch cause I haven't got the feel for dropping under the bar yet and I can clean FAR more than I can jerk(but oddly enough I can jerk drive 130kg high enough to theoretically get under but I just cant)

I'm clearly strong enough to have around a 220-230kg total but its just not there technique wise

Proof that powerlifting is not gay

>barely jerks 105
>worries about weightclass
worry about not being trash instead

Just realised I'm ugly lads

so you're a bitch who doesn't have the balls to get under the bar and you lack upper body strength

what a suprise

so when I twist my body I feel some discomfort deep under one of my lats

I first felt it during training you guys think I pulled a muscle

Reposting, because you faggots can't contain your shit well enough to keep a thread Alice for more than ten minutes.

I was short on time today, so I tried out rest-pause sets for my accessory work. I went too heavy for the first few exercises (6-8 reps on the first set), but the last couple felt really good with higher reps (11-15). It was fun and quick, which was good.

I only did three sets each, and I might want to do four next time.

Hoping my wrist is fully healed by the end of the training cycle, so I can implement this on the next one.

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

Where does it hurt? If it's on the spine, lay off it for a while. If it's on either side, gentle stretching and slow, easy movement for blood flow will help.

Make sure your hips aren't too tight. Tight hips can wreck your lower back and dramatically slow healing.

Rolling out might be too much. It tends to aggravate muscle damage.

Maybe. What were you doing when you felt it?

*alive, not Alice

week 2 candito going to squat for 10 then 10 sets then defecit dls
lots of chicken and also potatoes
nothing
nothing

Any /plg/ approved resources for foam rolling? I recently strained the left side of my spinal erector on a max diddly attempt and had to get someone to use a rolling pin on my back so I could walk around without pain. Still feel some very mild discomfort and tightness but zero pain and I managed to PR today. I got myself a foam roller so I can prevent this from happening again since I've experienced that kinda thing pretty much every time I've done a true max effort deadlift.

There's lots in the book "becoming a supple leopard" in the Dropbox

Tfw not a supple leopard

Nah it's not on the spine, on both sides in the low/mid back area. It didn't happen of the floor either, close to lockout I felt my back just suddenly switch off. It's not in constant pain and it's already doing better, just when I walk or twist when getting up form my chair I sometimes feel it. At the gym I didn't even want to pick up 1pl8 to rack it before I left. I removed one plate at a time like a bitch. I hit the sauna afterwards and might do it again tomorrow if it's still bad.

The front of my hips are stupid tight though. Adductors and glute area are doing fine, but quads and hip flexors are retarded. It's a constant struggle.

Ok, good. If it's right on the some, that can be a bulged or herniated disk.

Definitely stretch out those hips.

*Spine

Jesus fuck, my phone is having a fit today.

>lack upper body strength

This has literally nothing to do with it you dumb fag, we have a 62 who is infinitely weaker than me all around who has basically the same total as me, upper body strength means basically nothing its technique

Also I benched 120kg for 2 so I think my upperbody strength is literally fine

Use a lacrosse ball

Its irl magic

Is this
What homosexuality looks like

Find out next week on

P L G - POWERLIFTING GENERAL

Starring:
Isley
Panzer
Some fat guy
Some thot
And a whole lot of Brits

Thats all for now folks!

>Maybe. What were you doing when you felt it?
pullups

pulling requires upperback strength thats what user was referring to

also kinda funny that you trash PL while being terrible at oly, back when I did oly I squatted 140kg for a single and my stats were 90/110 and I thought I was bad ahah

isley fulfills 4 of these roles :^)

Should I sahve my armpits for a weightlifting meet, if i'm wearing a singlet?

>>WAWTT
Highbar squat 10s
Pendlay rows and chinup myoreps
Calisthenics silliness

I had been running starting strength quite productively, but it's fucking boring so I decided to do some fluff this week and start #buildingmomentum next week

>>WAWET
eggs, toast and a protein shake

>>WAWLTT
pic related

>>WAWFT
pic related

>tfw living in Ventspils
>tfw lifting at the gym she occasionaly lifts in

not her regular gym tho, but a public gym where her dad works. Still see her like 3 times/month there

No, that's fucking gay

Are you a girl?

*breaths heavily*

Vai viņa skaista :333333?

Its odd I squatted 190 for a double like 2 weeks ago, I do clean pull triples at 140kg, snatch pull triples at 110kg, I bench 120kg for double, beltless front squat 165, ect...

And yet I cant translate that strength over to snatch/jerks

You are not explosive then. You are made not for weightlifting, just embrace it and come to powerlifting

Oh damn, you have actually started learning latvian. Yeah she's about as cute as you can see in the pictures. Kind of short in height, but that's like the perfect height for girls imo

>You are not explosive then

well not so fast there bud

the bar speed is plenty fast enough its just I dont get under it or I leave it too far forward

I have unironically pulled a snatch to my eyes and missed it before

with jerks for example we are pretty sure its a timing issue cause I always get rebend which is almost always caused by your feet planting on the ground too quick before your arms lock and then the force doesn't get properly absorbed and it rebounds into the arms as opposed to the legs more

snatch I have balance issues just sinking into it partly cause of shoulder mobility and partly cause im being scared twink who wont go under the bar, like snatch balances for example are really difficult even with light weight cause they feel so odd to just sink like that with a weight overhead

So you have poor control of your body or you are a pussy who doesn't commit to the lift? I hope you figure it out though

youtube.com/watch?v=zmyGURNxyHU

tfw no energetic gf

either or probably

I have been improving with technique over time which is good

I used to have early arm bend, dont anymore

I used to hip smash it, dont any more

I used to basically muscle snatch it was so high of a receiving position, I get lower now but its still a rather high power

I hit all my positions really well now

I'm sure everything else will happen in time(hopefully)

Power lifters are failed body builder's

*unathletic olympic weightlifters

Why are you so pathetically beta about your waifu?

candito uploaded

and noone cares

*unsheathes katana*

take that back

You're not my supervisor, you can't tell me what to do.

who cares

>Suddenly I'm not half the man I used to be.
>There's a shadow hanging over me.
>Oh, yesterday came suddenly.

should I do conventional deficit DLs or sumo block pulls for my second dl day, gonna be doing them in the 8-10 rep range

If you're keeping a neutral spine, the former, if not, the latter

>sumo block pulls in the 8-10 rep range
...why?
The whole point of block pulls is overloading a smaller range of motion. Why would you choose a (relatively) very light load then? Normal sumo deadlifts in the 8-10 rep range seem like a better choice than block pulls in the 8-10 rep range.

Also conventional deficit DLs and sumo block pulls have completely opposite functions. Either you're weak off the ground and/or need more volume for the purpose of hypertrophy, in which case the longer range of motion of the deficit will help. Or you need lockout strength or a safe variation to pull heavy loads with in which case block pulls will be preferred. Don't just pick variations because they sound nice, choose them to address your weak point.
>inb4 don't have weak point everything is weak
then why do variations in the first place?

>tfw starting to look less and less fat and more and more thicc

Anyone had these? How are they? I need new shoes but can't afford oly shoes and I hate chucks

>neutral spine

I only really have thoracic rounding tbf

>...why?

I don't really know, when I briefly had RTS coaching I got one block that had block pulls and deadlifts with chains alternating weekly in that rep range so I figured it had to be useful in some way, unless I was merely an unwitting guinea pig.

>need more volume for the purpose of hypertrophy, in which case the longer range of motion of the deficit will help.

this is probably what I should do.

>doing nsuns lp for them late beginner gains
>only got 3 on my 1+ deadlift set last week
>got 4 at a higher weight today
Haha ebin

Back hurts, hips are tight and asymmetric and my right shoulder is sunken. I feel like fucking Quasimodo and I just can't get myself to fix it.

1x/Week frequency for lifts

Is this not uncomfy?

what are some good resources about programming

I have it altered a little bit. 2x bench- one day for volume, one day for progression, and the volume day switches with OHP progression day ever other week.
Front squats got replaced with pause squats, and sumo dls replaced with a conventional stance variation.
All in all, squat 2x, DL 2x, bench 2x

Scientific Principles of Strength Training by Chad Wesley Smith and Mike Israetel is in my opinion one of the best programming reads out there atm.

yeah but theres no torrent on that

already got pp3

>lowbar squat ONLY
>lmao what's bench
>NEVER do deadlifts for any meaningful volume

eric helms pyramid books

'The Journey' by Greg Nuckols is alright. It's short and pretty amateur in writing but it conveys the basics.
Apart from that one, practical programming for strength training and scientific principles of strength training, the only books I know just explain some particular program as opposed to programming in general.

thanks bro

I am striving to be a programming expert, I read a lot about it currently but I need more as I grasp the principles but still dont understand it fully. I may lack the practical knowledge

one day I will trip here and make a /plg/ program. Ive already helped some here low key

Post lifting waifus

instagram.com/valwilkins_/

Personally I adhere to the programming views of JTS (CWS, Max Aita, Mike Israetel etc). It's by no means "the objective truth" or anything and I'm sure other methods can be equally successful. Still, should you take an interest in their methods (I don't know if you've already watched the Scientific Principles of Strength Training youtube series on CWS' channel), this is one of the key sources for creating hypertrophy blocks.

renaissanceperiodization.com/training-volume-landmarks-muscle-growth/
and after that read through the different body part articles listed here renaissanceperiodization.com/hypertrophy-training-guide-central-hub/
obviously these are written with bodybuilding in mind, but they apply for powerlifting hypertrophy blocks all the same.

That always seemed like a meme to me

instagram.com/p/BWUoY4KDR1c/?taken-by=xsteelxfitness

powerlifting is internet culture for neckbearded manchildren

Conv deficit. They feel like aids but theyre magic for sumo

instagram.com/justsaabs/

Oh yeah for sure, I think I might have looked at most of their stuff. Thanks again for the input

RTS gave you block pulls? I could have sworn I've heard Mike T say elevated pulls are useless for round back pullers. Maybe his feelings on the subject changed

They were a part of my post meet "unfucking your deadlift" block

How did that go for you? Was it supposed to be run concurrently with the unfucking your squat program?

Interesting, did he ever give the reason why he put those and chain work in?

>gf wants to take a pic of us with my phone
>asks me why my pictures are full of cute doggos, frogs, and prepubescent partially naked cartoon girls

kk got 10 reps one my second cycle again

i am really light headed right now and want to vomit

W
H
I
T
E

P
E
O
P
L
E

yes, i am a heterosexual white (superior) aryan cis male.

Fuck you, Filip. Fuck you

>this is what an elite powerlifter looks like

>Alex gets a gf
>filip gets a gf

ALL MY OLD FRIENDS AREN'T SO FRIENDLY

Who is the CUTE FACE on the left?

me

That looks like something isley would fuck

Is Canditos LP with the hypertrophy template good when novice gains stopped? Can't keep adding weight every other day.

my coach used it to take our normal sized 85 to a large 94

so it worked fine for him

heš also gonna do it with our 62 who wants to bump a weightclass

and me too whenever I do it

Currently running Sheiko inermediate medium load for squats. Max is 185 kg. Bodyweight i 78-79. Currently in a small surplus.

Is it a bad idea to only run #31 indefinitly, adding 2.5 kg each cycle without maxing?

Did 37v2# but those double squat sessions really drained my soul. It was managable but my left side of upper back felt sore during those 4 weeks. Never had that feeling during my training. #31 feels like a perfect fit, but am I raping sheiko's program by doing this?

Id be curious to see how that ends up working

I'm stalled and bored of lifting

What do

put more weight on the bar and lift it

and buy a doggo

I tried that then failed to lift it in front of everyone

I need a fool proof plan to redeem myself or I fear I can never set foot in the gym again