>feeling dizzy
>have to rest 20 minutes
>cry

antidepressant meme.

>depressed
>think I could just end it all with this bar if I let it drop
>think that it would hurt too much
>get it back up for one more rep

Now there's a thought... It would look like an accident so my family wouldn't have to suffer the shame of my suicide.

The solution is simple, don't stop working out

Does anybody else feel depressed after they finish a workout? To me, it feels like the highlight of my day is done and I can just go knock out and repeat the cycle again

you're addicted to adrenaline
take up an exteme sport

Post-workout depression is what makes me go to the gym in the evenings. If I go during the day I have no purpose left and the nights feel so long and empty

I watch a lot of anime after a work-out, it's a good follow-up.

i know that feel

Guys but seriously, how do i cope with this shit?
Working out is the only thing i look forward to do and it's not like i don't have anything exciting going on, i do, but the only thing i'm actually looking forward is how much i'm going to lift next day or week and how i'm going to look after it

Also, i'm always feeling anxious as my heart beat gets faster, if i take caffeine pills or any other stimulant my hands start shaking and depression (with a bit of existential dread) kicks in (this also happens sometimes during workouts with/without taking stimulants)

fuck i think i need help

I exercise until I pass out

seek Jesus bro. this world will never fulfill like he will. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Matthew 7:7-8

I have a solution for you OP, just never stop working out and you will always be happy

>finish workout
>look in the mirror
>damn I look pretty fucking good
>30 minutes later
>look in the mirror
>borderline skinnnyfat DYEL

Is this the eternal natty curse?

i was never really depressed until some whore came into my life. slowly recovering but her whore claws dug deep

women are evil

natty pump but if you keep at it and aim for strength you will see more mass over time

youre not depressed if you can work out u fucking nigger ur just a pus c

where do you think you are

Wow, you fell for it? What a dumbass.

>afterwards
I barely feel ok during sets and thats on good days. As soon as I stop I crash hard into feeling even worse.

Workout days are the only days I look forward to.

My favorite time of the week is literally when I deadlift.

Not OP but I have this weird addiction to riding my bicycle around busy streets and trying to almost get hit by cars. it's the only thing that makes me feel alive

Try caffeine and l-theanine.

dude holy shit please tell me you're still here cause you just literally described fucking everything that happens to me, when i read your post i kind of thought it was me without remembering

I take caffeine too, same thing happens wioth my hands, working out also all i look forward to. The caffeine makes my heart rate go up, and it makes me anxious as fuck, I can literally feel it spike as soon as girl comes near me and I start acting awkward and shaking

pls reply

Oh Iktf. Same way I go with when I take opiates. Exercise endorphins are better because I don't get dope sick after.... But if I get the will to get in the gym and put the effort in for a good workout I feel great after. Then I wake up wanting to eat shit and die. Brutal cycle.

magnesium. take a tablet every couple of hours

also b12 is good. but magnesium really does a good job of curbing my anxiety

lifting is the only thing that connects me to the physical world. otherwise i'm stuck in my head, alone, waiting to die.

I understand that this might not be the answer, but I ran into similar issues of shit feelings of depression/anger after my workout. after some quick research, I found that the drop in blood sugar that comes with intense physical activity can lead to these depressed feelings.
I started bringing a banana as a post workout snack and it seemed to really help.
you could also try a different diet that would help avoid large fluctuations of blood sugar levels, or avoid high glycemic index foods.

other than that, just try thinking of your workout as a time to de-stress/stop thinking about all the other shit you have going on, and think of your workout as one small piece in the bigger picture of moving you life forward. that way you don't see the gym as an isolated thing that is better than the rest of what you do with your life/day

>just try thinking of your workout as a time to de-stress/stop thinking about all the other shit you have going on
I do this. I lift and stuff as a break from doing HW when I'm at uni and I usually feel better once I'm done

This is very true. You should have the majority of your daily carbs before and after your workout. In addition, replenishing electrolytes (potassium, sodium, magnesium, etc.) via fruit or something like powerade is a very, very important part of healthy physical and mental recovery.

I always make a super shake before my workouts and have half of it an hour before and half of it an hour after. It's a little over 1300 cals and 90g of protein, so it's very macro-friendly, and it's about six cups of volume so it's not terrible for satiety. I'd also recommend this recipe as a general bulking shake.

here's what I put in:

2 biscuits of weetabix - 130 cals, 4g protein
2 tbsp salted crunchy peanut butter - 188 cals, 7 g protein (replenish sodium, get some healthy fats)
2 tbsp nesquick - 50 cals
2 scoops protein powder - 202 cals, 40g protein
1 scoop green superfood - 30 cals, 2g protein (great for micronutrients)
1 pint 2% milk - 260 cals, 16g protein
1 cup water
3/4 cup frozen blueberries (140g) - 80 cals, 1g protein
1 frozen banana - 105 cals, 1 g protein
1 pinch each of cinnamon and nutmeg (or w.e spice you like)
1 cup of 0% fat greek yoghurt - 140 cals, 23 g protein (costco generic brand is great, otw I like fage)

Training is literally the only thing in life I get true enjoyment from. I'm still on a high for a few hours after a workout but after that I'm just counting the hours left until I can hit the gym again.

This.

Just do drugs, Try and find a drug that doesn't fuck your shit up too bad or find drugs that kinda fuck your shit up but find different kinds so you can rotate

When I get I home I do something productive or work on my tabletop RPG campaigns. Productivity keeps your mind focused and honest.

after my workout I smoke weed and drink until everything is numb. i'm so fucking tired of being lonely.

enjoy it while you still can. after a while you won't even feel awesome anymore.

i just get super tired and want to sleep 5ever after working out.

how long have you been training for? it could be just something new and you are obsessive like those people who play new video games for unhealthy amount of time when they get released but get burned out really fast.

or you finally found something you enjoy doing.

Honestly, even working out doesn't make me happy. It just reminds me how weak I really am. I do envy those who feel good after a workout.

>obsessive like those people who play new video games for unhealthy amount of time when they get released but get burned out really fast.
W-What do you mean by this?
I usually do things for a crazy amount of time and burn out, Everything I do. Even Weed, I smoked all day everyday for a while until it got boring
Games too, I have to play them constantly for a few days or I'll never finish them at all because I lose interest

Been at it for a few years man, my life had zero meaning before I stepped into a gym.
Best thing that ever happened to me, but because my happiness is so dependent on it I'm a bit scared of that too.

Friendly reminder that depression is a very treatable condition and you should seek a therapist or counselor that you trust to help you.

look into becoming a PT then or even opening up your own gym if you have the money

If you have access SAUNA USE IS A HUGE HELP. 20 minutes at 80 degrees Celsius causes a release of dynorphin which is like endorphin but has a DIScomfort feeling, the yin to endorphin's yang if you will. This release of dynorphin elicits a hormetic effect, exposing your body to a bit of good stress so that it comes back stronger. Dynorphin and endorphin also compete for the same neurological receptors, so up-regulating dynorphin from sauna use will MAKE YOU MORE SENSITIVE TO ENDORPHINS, thus making your good post-workout feels last longer. This effect is compounded if you use the sauna regularly. Regular sauna use at the parameters described above is also associated with a 25% decrease in all-cause mortality if used 2-3x a week and a 50% decrease in all-cause mortality if used 4-7x a week.

So go for a sweat regularly if you can, it will help you feel less like shit.

Stop taking caffeine for starters. Secondly, your diet is probably lacking micronutrients like suggests. Magnesium, b12, vit D, and possibly zinc are good places to start.

The idea that you should eat before working out like recommends is dumb. Work out fasted to train your body to be fat adapted or enjoy being a gymcel with eh body composition because your body has learned over time to just use whatever carbs for fuel you put in it for workout. Your body is capable of storing fuel enough to workout, filling yourself up with carbs beforehand is short changing yourself.

SORT. YOURSELF. OUT.

I had this too, I workout since 2 years and half, and i get depressed when i can't (my longest time was three months without lifting because injuries)

It has a lot to do with how i was before lifting, I always wanted to change how other perceived me, and lifting gave me tools to do the unthinkable, I looked like a child back then, and i'm very afraid that i will look again like that if i stop for long enough

Eating is important before working out but not THAT important in the long run

There are better ways to train your body to be able to push in fasted states, like doing HIIT with burpees in intervals or shit like that. That improves your work capacity so fast it's insane

This happened to me a lot, I would feel amazing for a couple of hour's and then something would click and I would either be really sad, really angry, or extremely happy it's genuinely feels like being 13 teen and full of hormones and shit, the worse part is when it stops and you feel empty all over again.

shit that sounds fun, i'm gonna try that.
i've chronically neglected cardiovascular conditioning to the point where now that I'm properly building a strength base with linear progression programming, i'm sucking wind by the end of my last set of squats. looks like it's burpee-rest HIIT for me

feel you brother. almost 8 months later and still recovering

Mummy mummy I made a cummy!

FUCK! I forgot about that chemical. I tried to stop ascribing everything to some sort of philosophical, evolutionary, neurochemical reaction. Endorphins explain this phenomenon perfectly.

I'm so happy after I finish a work out, but I wake up in the middle of the night miserable. I'm sad on days I don't work out and during the day before the work out.

Fuck everything in this gay Earth besides the workout.

They would have to face the shame of you dying from terminal dyel though.

For me it helps when you have purpose to talk to girls
You need to make up your mind what you want from her, i get incredibly anxious too if i dont have anything to say

well today I got up at 6AM, took my new pre workout, went to the gym for push day, and then watched GoT with my protein banana smoothie, so that was awesome.

I was bipolar and depressive for a very long time and tried a bunch of meds but in the end test did it for me, may be placebo but I feel good. It made me emotionally stable.
Just wanted to toss that thought for people that have lost hope, it may help.

Don't let the depression meme get u guys,
we're all gonna make it!

>go to war
>constant workout
>exercise makes endorphins flow
>soldiers come home wishing they were still at war

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

This, fuuuuck

My entire life has fallen apart. I don't even know how I got to this point. I get these suicidal thoughts that i used to just laugh off but now stay with me for weeks/months at a time. I go to work, the gym, then back home. I haven't changed my routine in years. Every time I try too my brain work against me and I end up worse off then I was.

Honestly don't know how much longer I can keep this up. At this point the only thing keeping me slitting my wrists is my mom and dad are still alive and I know it would kill them

Please cry some more. Your tears are delicious.

Repetitiveness = depression. Try something new. Go somewhere you've never been. If you can afford it, go on a vacation to somewhere exotic. Even if you have to go alone. Doing nothing in your free time is the leading cause of depression.