Disciplines

What are your hobbies/disciplines, Veeky Forums?

I like gardening and collecting comics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Aq_V3LTbtg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

currently playing ukulele and learning french

Golf 2 or 3 times a week in summer this year
Fucking go absolutely bananas for hockey
Been getting into church, it's a very good social atmosphere.

I like to bake.

Why does every dude with a weak chin like in pic related always has a turkey/pencil neck and a skinnyfat body?

BFA in acting here. Don't want to be rich or famous, I only wish to someday have constant work, and the knowledge that I am one of the best. I have accepted my poorfag destiny for my dream. I have nothing but resentment for those that major in Theater willy nilly and don't respect the workload, then when they graduate they expect to be bailed out because they had shallow desires all along. The true actor is an aristocrat in spirit, Stella Adler said.

Going to church isn't a hobby, it's a place of worship.

>programming
Kind of my job/hobby
>guitar
unfortunately chicks don't want to hear me play anything from rust in peace lol
>kayaking
pretty chill going out on a river for a few hours desu

U gay bro?

No, just a romantic.

Running/video games

Football, boxing/muay thai, biking. Anything physical really. So lifting is literally my hobby.

When did acting as a profession become so lame?

youtube.com/watch?v=6Aq_V3LTbtg

>rust in peace

go play some shit like wonderwall or something, bitches love accoustic guitar

playing metal is a fucking disgrace, m8

you pick up the guitar, you play this amazing solo and only long hair fat guys will notice

then the faggot that barely knows 3 chords comes along and play and sings wonderwall and women are squirting

>guitar
>journal
>meditate
>shitposting
>legal research
>catan once a week with the family
>used to play vidja but have lost interest/don't have time

I mostly study/work right now. Law school and clerking take up most of my time.

Same thing

Isn't it customary to never wish good luck to an actor before they go on stage, but instead tell them to kill themselves?

Good. Now eat my asshole.

40k, anime and manga, learning nip, investing

>investing
Good
>learning nip
Kind of weebish, but okay if you act like it's just the fascinating culture or some shit
>anime and manga
Acceptable if you treat it like a drug problem and never mention it to anyone
>40k
Never acceptable under any circumstances

That's where sayings like "Break a leg" come from.

>gardening

good shit
kys

Well feel free to kick me out when you find me lad

God what an insufferable faggor you are.

Learning Japanese.
Playing videogames (only in Japanese). I pretty am learning Japanese so I don't feel so shitty about playing videogames.
Woodworking. Lately I've been working on an arcade machine.
I recently picked up a 3D printer and have been having a blast engineering some widgets for the arcade machine.
Programming and other computer science fields.
Cooking. This weekend I made protein ice cream with homemade greek yogurt.

I garden, golf, play pool, ride dirt bikes bmx and mountain bikes, go see local bands, read etc etc
I raced motocross for 12 years so I'm coordinated and git gud at anything I try

>40k
>Never acceptable under any circumstances

It's hardly different from regular plastic models if you look past the tabletop game part and vast fiction. That's the best part of it, I own about a hundred books and have read above that number when digitals are counted.

I'm pro at hiding my powerlevel, but why'd I surround myself with people who look down on my hobbies to begin with. If they're annoying spergs who you don't want to associate with then I'll just do that.

I like lifting heavy things.

There's nothing weird about that at all lad m8
Gardening is similar to like fishing in my eyes. Outdoors shit that requires a knowledge of it

>guitar
>reading fiction and philosophy at least 30 minutes a day. Currently interested in aesthetics and epistemology topics.
>going to concerts
>watching wrestling
Pretty much it i guess

I like to read military scifi, collect CD'S, shoot, and cook (I'm my own worst enemy with cooking but women love it).

I play lots of Supreme Commander and I like gardening. I'm starting to get Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums and I like a bit of /toy/ too.

How are you going to question someone for knowing how to grow food instead of being a fool and buying it?

Guitar playing, language learning, and Bible studies.

>not worshiping the Changer of Ways for superior investing gains
>not worshiping Khrone for superior strength gains

I bet your gains are as dead as the Corpse Emperor

Photography and film. They're definitely a passion

I play Go

I'm pretty good at it

It's a damn shame that i can't find people to play other than bots and random guys on internet, I wish i could find people to discuss games with, it's not popular as chess so i'm pretty fucked and i feel lonely about it

Actbro here - just got an agent and doing enough theatre so I'm busy enough all year - unpaid though, hoping to get some joocy commercial work. How do you deal with self-doubt?

you don't need muscle to know theory.

Composing and playing music, Painting (currently getting into realism). If they count: Reading, Historynerding, also vidya and movies/shows.

it's the neck

see dave grohl

the neck m8

>the neck

neck yourself

>d&d (I run the new player character creation table at my weekly comic shop gross groups but no regular gane atm)
>Baking (I'm an aspiring pastry chef)
>Dark Souls (filthy casual)
>hiking (I've visited or have detailed plans for visiting most state parks in my current place of residence)
>travel (just went to China am planning my next trip before the end of the year)

I don't do much or enough. I really want to be more active or social but I don't know how to make it happen. I'm depressed af

Self doubt in what regard, the fear of not getting work, or thinking that you're not talented?
Also, just curious, what pedagogy did you study if any at all? Would you say you ascribe to one more than others?

Waste of dubs. Gardening is patrician.

HAHA, TIME TO PURGE!

are you a girl?

In regards to not feeling talented. Haven't trained in my bachelors - rely solely on talent/modular/part-time training so far, but want to start my bachelors/masters next year as I feel I could become so much better through intensive training. Advice? The idea of doing a bachelors is something I've wrestled with for a while

I play squash and read

Want to learn Chess & French tbqh

Not that user but BCA here (aus version of acting with more art shit pls kms)

It's hard, for one, be ready to commit the bulk of your time to it. It's not a huge gains goblin
if you can manage your time well, just say goodbye to your social life if you wanna gym and uni.

Studying only one theatre is the fast track to shitsville. I hate americans that only know stanis and breckt and then go on and on like they know acting
I'm not implying here user. Study everything you can be exposed to.
>Suzuki is lit tho

The program I go to emphasizes exposing us to every philosophy so we can cherrypick, kind of a Bobby Lewis approach. We have four teachers, one trained in Stanislavski and Chinese opera, PhD in directing, one trained in Viewpoints, one trained in Meisner and Commedia, and one trained in Shakespeare. The one trained in Stanislavski has kind of taken me under her wing as her protege, so I have an enormous hard-on for objectives and physical action. You'd be surprised at how many American students actually neglect the fundamentals in favor of Uta Hagen or Lee Strasberg. If you like Suzuki I'm assuming you're into Grotowski too?
I couldn't recommend getting a bachelor's enough. Training is huge for acting gains. There are certain things that can't be taught, they just click, like being relaxed and "forgetting" your lines when you go onstage, so to speak, but these things click faster in a school environment. It's all about gaining the knowledge, then applying them in rehearsal. This is the only way to learn and school is one of the few places where you'll get the tools and the endless opportunities to act.

just got into farming and I enjoy caring for animals
also art

Played guitar the last 12 years, went pretty heavy into solo classical stuff since my high-school 'band' fell apart. Been into Muay thai the past three years, was getting into ameteur bouts but recently canned it due to reoccuring injuries and wanting to focus on fitness and health over ringtime. Going to redistribute my free time now since I dropped fighting... Thinking of doubling down on guitar and learning some serious classical technique, and maybe drawing as well, always wanted to be able to drawfag.

Do you speak Brazilian Portuguese or German?

Music mainly: Guitar, Electronic music and production, Songwriting, ...
A bit of programming too
Vidya but I restrain myself as much as possible

What kind of music? Do you have a Bandcamp or a SoundCloud?

I'm in Aus too, where do you study?
Thankyou man, I think you just sold me on my dream

Are you a trap?

I mostly draw and do graphic design, getting into 3D modeling.

Good for you

40k, static models and anything to do with building and painting small things (and then WEATHERING THE FUCK out of them). Lifting, running (when my legs aren't actively trying to sabotage my 5k time) and military sports in general. Shit's cash, I get to crossboard between Veeky Forums, /k/ and Veeky Forums.

Don't listen to them, Rust in Peace is my go to album for lifting. I learned a bit of holy wars, hangar 18, and take no prisoners but haven't attempted that stuff in a while. Keep doing what your doing man as long as you enjoy it.

I play(ed) lacrosse a lot but haven't played an actual game in months just play wall ball with the stick mostly now.
I also am getting back into carpentry which maybe I can use to help people who really need a house or something in like haiti but that's an endeavor way down the line really.
I'd like to do something with gardening but I can't until I move out of my moms place lel.

wrong!!!
i used to play on a blues trio, and i've fucked so many girls because of that its not even fun anymore, i played on bars, dinner parties, fancy restaurants and beach clubs
it was basically a three hour jams with couple mainstream blues songs from bb king, bitches love the groove and a fit good looking guitarrist smoking a cigarrete while playing a cool solo can melt some pussies

I'm currently trying to get into writing Jazz. Wrote a lot of Rock with classical elements before. I play the guitar. I record a lot of stuff but don't think anything thus far is worth publishing.

holy fuck the level of autism put into that is beautiful.

I play the skin flute at international level. Other than that I play the guitar,piano and harmonica. I want to gt into jazz but i got busy with learning japanese, composing music and learning to draw. My job is to debug and test programs written by codemonkeys which I love, and am soon gonna get transferred to our company's AI research branch in Japan. I'd say life is good but my gains suffer because my sleep cycle is not evry good and I have sort of adapted to only need 3 hours of sleep in 24 hours

learning Portuguese
doing a lot of Machine Learning/AI self-study
cooking

I'm sort of a serial hobbyist, so I've narrowed myself to these 3 things, in addition to fitness & meditation.

Guitar, martial arts, programming, history, anime and manga ofc.

>social atmosphere
you're the kind of guy who ruins church. who the fuck can take it seriously when you people turn it into Frat Party 2.0? it's the antithesis of contemplation and spirituality, but have fun eating your donuts and throwing BBQs to feel like a better Christian

Playing rugby (been playing for 15 years with only a year break when i needed an acl reconstruction and some other stuff done to it)

Learning Japanese. Interested in the culture and food and current gf is Japanese so it make sense... but god is it hard to keep at it sometimes.

Cooking - Necessity of life so may as well have some fun with it.

Video Editing/Motion Graphics - Its my job but when I have the time/energy I like doing little side projects too.

If i had the time/energy I'd love to learn something like woodwork or maybe doing stuff with engine etc for the motorbike (at the moment my dad could teach me a fair bit but he wont be around forever)

get a guitar. i went from uke to guitar and it really helps with fingerstyle if you started on uke.

Piano (current goals):

• Learn Bach's G Major French Suite, start to finish
• Fill out a full cocktail hour set with jazz standards
• Compose a "book" of preludes

Reading (current goals):

• Finish all the "trashy" sci-fi/fantasy books my dad has been giving me
• Start and finish a "space opera" by the end of the summer

>reading
>guitar
>surfing

> Veeky Forums, /k/, Veeky Forums
Good taste, user.

Itt: lame ass white people with boring hobbies

I'm learning bass and learning German along with going to community college. I've also been trying to get into sprinting. Bass is the hardest of it all desu

shiet nigga i fo dim be kush nigga bix nood like knawmsayin nigga??????????? honky nigga bitch nigga fuckin

is your hobby being a little bitch

You'll never tell who I am lad.

objectively some of the best boards on this life-sucking shithole of an Ugro-finnic poetry seminar.

Idk user, I used to be disgustingly into vidya but have recently quit. Honestly, I spend most of my free time watching netflix, browsing the internet, reading, and lifting. I guess I have gotten into cooking recently. I also really like reading philosophy and debating it with people but most people dont know jack shit

Finishing uni.

Already got a job as a programmer/designer.

Gonna live in a bhudist monestary while I work for 3 years, then gonna invest, get some good money, buy land, build an earthship, build an automated chicken coup and automated arduino based aquaponic farm so I can raise fish and vegetables with minimal imput, get solar and harvest water from rain and humidity plus a well.

Once im done and I dont have to worry about anything to worry about I can put my full focus on future problems that will affect the world, gonna bring other like minded people into my property, similar networths hopefuly, start an Argarian commune, a couple off smart families around, theres already one in arizona if you want to look around.

As for hobbies im learning watercolouring and acoustic guitar, however these are secondary hobbies, imo helping your friends and population is your first priority, learning a foreign language or watching anime isnt an hobby, its just something to fill your mind because you have not found your porpuse yet, how is watching anime or movies an hobbie? Discusting, anyone here has amazing untaped potential, you can change the world, all you need is credit, look at Elon or Soros, two individual entities that are using their wealth to change the globe.

Dont waste your time having an hobby off watching anime or playing video games, because I know for a fact for people here an hobby occupies 60% off your day, don't lie to yourselves. Thats no a fucking hobby.

Another hobby ill have is restauration off classic motorbikes, already got in contact with a motoworks store so I can start learning.

Let me ask you, look at pic related, what kind off hobbies do you think they have, and most importantly, how much time do they dedicate to their hobbies?

I spend most of my free time watching netflix, browsing the internet, reading, and lifting.

This is what im talking about, these arent hobbies, this is your life.

what is your interesting hobby then you little nignog.

Fellow piano bro here, nice goals. Making your own etudes is also a pretty good idea

Most 40k fans have been into to it since they were young lads. Why the hate for table top user?

The free hand on those two titans is fucking amazing and from some of my favorite 40k art!

>reading
Trying to branch out from fictional literature into philosophy and poetry. Picked up collections Robert frost, Walt Whitman, Longfellow, and Kipling, and Owens to start. Reading meditations and Seneca, and the Prince just for kicks.
>drawing
I need to do this more. Doing freelance design work has me very creatively burned out so doing some life studies and personal stuff would be good
>outdoor climbing and spelunking
Trying to find some good places to plan trips to in Virginia and Maryland
>freshwater fishing
Same as above
>furniture making
There isn't room for my tools in the townhouse in the city I just moved to. Gonna have to wait a while.

Just started playing ukelele, and play a little guitar. I also rock climb as well. I want to get more into canyoneering, but I don't have enough free time right now

using my telescope to spy on neighbors
not really pervy but more of a security thing

Hobbies? I guess comics, working on my Jeep/learning how to work on it slowly. Sometimes I play videogames not often enough to consider myself a gamer.

Im a stay at home dad/trophy husband do most of the time is cooking cleaning and taking care of my two kids.

my hobbies include self dentistry without a license

For those anons learning Japanese what apps, websites, resources do you guys use? I currently have Human Japanese, and some other app on my phone. I have hiragana and katakana practice sheets as well. Oh, and Duolingo lol but I mostly just do Spanish on that

Any other tips, recommended resources?

Cycling
Gardening
Hiking
Camping
Cooking
Photography
Veeky Forumsshion
Used to play the violin and guitar, and paint gunpla

Oh and the usual "I like music, reading, vidya" shit.

Right now my biggest hobby is lifting. I've been trying to get back into reading, and I play bass, guitar, or mandolin every now and then but I need to practice more.