Do you still play vidya after getting Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iB1uQmvmh_k
youtube.com/watch?v=GcSYpFiAa4M
youtu.be/BPN4jaQvIMI
youtu.be/iB1uQmvmh_k
youtu.be/4MHBq5Ft-Bo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, it's not like lifting was meant to be a way to replace them

I got Veeky Forums so I could play vidya...

I tried a few times but I can't get engrossed in a game like I used to.
I had various games with 300+ hours played time, I don't think I've put more than 10 hours total into gaming in the last year.

youtube.com/watch?v=iB1uQmvmh_k

get that ass banned

CHAD PLAYS GAMES BETTER THAN U INCELS AND IS ALSO A GREAT GAMESTOP EMPLOYEE

youtube.com/watch?v=GcSYpFiAa4M

No

I lost interest in gaming

It's fine if other people wanna play vidya, but 'geek culture' is pure cancer

vidya is indeed degenerate.

it is not a coincidence that people who play and are obssessed with vidya all day tend to be repulsive incels

>Not wearing a Cloud 9 tank top the gym

Never gonna make it

damn those guys are unexpectedly in not a bad shape
how come

my favorite game is gym-simulator 2017 scooby edition

For whatever reason, a lot of counterstrike players have decent bodies. Only really happens with that game though

n0thing has more charisma than you
freak has more mass than you

>tfw Used to be Eagle
>ftw enter your first tourney and get slammed
>tfw gave up and now Nova 1 and play in free time

counter strike forums are practically Veeky Forums Veeky Forums and /pol/ as one.

Thats cool.

More so than when I was fat.

I don't have the shame attached to it anymore because I spent two hours a day at the gym.
I actually enjoy it as a leisure activity rather than it just being the only escape I had.

That said, if a true STALKER sequel ever released, I'd probably need someone to make sure I don't relapse.

there were some incidents in the early years of LoL of a player in a top NA team who got fucking peeling skin, shivers and other alarming symptoms. a lot of the players were really unhealthy.
once the e-sport took off and teams got their managers and coaches, they put them in gaming/training apartments where they would practice under supervision to avoid emotional outbursts, personal differences and bad health to keep them from getting better.
so they started making sure the players got to work out and eat healthy. for the world class teams this meant getting a chef and a personal gym and coach. in other tiers they got gym passes and fresh stuff delivered to the apartment. since most are young men or teenagers they got to develop some nice gains.

Cloud 9 is from the pacific northwest. We have a pretty intense fitness culture if you live anywhere near seattle up here.

wait really? how so. ive only played CSGO occasionally, but i never delved into the forums. elaborate more boyo

INSANE GAINS

>not playing online games and reading visual novels while also keeping track of your IRL stats(aesthetics, health, money, etc)

nigga do you even multitask?

SALAD DODGING

You're talking about this auschwitz victim right?

>freakazoid
That guy flexing in front of a crowd was hilarious

Man, Radical Larry doesn't look so good these days.

I got "fit" 4 years ago, quit vidya 6 months ago, I'm getting more fit faster than ever before. Also brain gains and social gains and career gains.
novidya is the ultimate self-improvement redpill.

midn blonw

and

I own an omnidirectional trackpad too. They're fun as fuck.

cs go is the most normie played game.
Especially in eastern europe/russia where i live.
i mean league is played by a lot as well but they're mostly nerds.

yes but how do you leave something that made you so happy for so many years?
it's like the first time you played oblivion or skyrim or the first time you completed dark souls.
those are the moments when you were so happy and they will always be in your heart and for some reason, nothing comes close nowadays.

yep, fucking disgusting.

I still do but I'm trying to quit. What's a good hobby to pick up other than lifting and playing sports? Something that you can do at your home?

Yes lifting didn't cure my autism. Lucky I found a gf before I got too bad.
I come home from work and play pc games then when my gf gets home I play the switch and when I go to bed I play the 3ds. Obviously not the entire time but in the seven hours I have from the time I get home until I go to bed I do that.

same here, i want to like vidya but i'm just never in the mood for it anymore

gonna give it another shot the when the new Mount & Blade is released, i've played the old ones for hundreds of hours.

I'm playing Splatoon 2 right now famalam.

Worst victory ever. So fucking lame. He really did rub it in though lol

>those are the moments when you were so happy and they will always be in your heart and for some reason, nothing comes close nowadays.
just think about how sad is that for a little while and realize it should not be born in a healthy mind

I know, I feel the same way.

THERE'S GONNA BE A POINT WHEN YOU FORGET ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED, AND YOURE GONNA WANT TO GET BACK AT ME...

some happiness is better than none, doesn't matter where you get it from.
in my opinion at least.

I'll never stop playing vidya my man

Probably gonna try emulating Catherine on my PC tonight

>thinks 300 hours is a lot.
>put 5500 hours into CS:S and CS:GO combined
>4000 hours in old bf1942

please, tell us how you're so 1337

The problem is, you deprive yourself of real life experiences. Vidya is definitely a limited experience, while at the same time it tells you that it is the real thing and nothing compares.

It makes itself available to you because real adventure/competition/happiness is really hard to find.

It is addiction, plain as day.

I couldn't kick the habit yet, but I'm working on it so take my post for what it's worth.

But I know for a fact that you can find happiness elsewhere. And I bet that when you find it, it will be better than any game you beat ever.

>boasting about how many hours of your life you have wasted

>thinking you can compete at pro level being that shitty

Video games are a straight up dopamine addiction. Dopamine addiction isn't necessarily a bad thing, but when it's something that keeps you on your ass without much physical exercise; it becomes a problem sooner or later.

Try to do as many push ups/sit ups/pull ups and track how many you can do in one sitting every week.

Or get a bike and just ride around town.

youtu.be/BPN4jaQvIMI

osrs is one of my favorite hobbies

just go to hltv and you will see

>working out takes 1 or 2 hour TOPS

What the fuck am I gonna do on a day off? I'm gonna fucking play video games.

Not everyone is like you though, keep that in mind.

Only Supcom or what my friends want to play

WHAT?

Lots of people play video games without being socially shut ins without irl experiences.

Damn son, that thing looks like a total qt, would lick it's toes if it lets me.

>get really into the soulsborne series
>start with demons and play the whole series
>start losing control of temper little by little
>break controller in half due to shrine of Amana snipers in DS2
>temper worse everywhere after DS3
>quit vidya for a year
>get Veeky Forums during that year
>bro has PS4 with PSNOW DS2 SOFS
>still get pissed but now i get to see my hot shirtless bod in the TV reflection during loading screens from my 1000 deaths and I get happy
Thanks Veeky Forums

I stopped playing video games after getting Veeky Forums not because I don't like vidya, but because women instantly think I'm Chad and want to bang me until they get to my place and see my Nintendo switch. Then they lose interest in fugging me

Dont play much vidya but it is because of a combination of trying to get Veeky Forums and my school workload. Still think its a nice way to relax on those days that you dont feel like going anywhere or are so sick of hanging out with people that you just want to be left the fuck alone for a night to play vidya and jack off.

Pro-tip; The majority of geek culture is ugly girls and swarms of numale guys, however there are some rare good looking girls involved and if you are even close to Veeky Forums and not a greasy fuck you are like the undisputed king.

LOW

I used to play with a buddy like everyday, but he got deployed to the middle east a couple months ago and I have lost almost all interest in playing since. I'll get back into it once he's back I think.

I stopped playing because this same cycle kept happening
>hear about game
>look up some stuff on it
>seems good
>buy it, usually on the cheap months/years after it came out
>play it
>not really fun in the beginning, just new
>learn more about it
>think "wow this game is mediocre as fuck and would be way better if it had X, Y, and Z and less of A, B and C"
>stop playing game since all I see now is wasted potential
I bought F4 with all DLC last summer sale. I put just under one hour of play time per dollar spent. I doubt I will play it again, it's just not fun.

Not really, I work 40hr a week and lift 2hr a day so by the time I get home, cook dinner, and take care of my kid I'm pretty beat. Still do on the weekends sometimes, but my gaming buddy is in the same boat so we just don't have the time.

this sort of

nobody can reasonably talk shit on you if you look more disciplined and active than they do

i just have overwatch because it's a fps and the matches are like 10 to 15 minutes long so i can play a bit and move on

i really don't have a lot of patience to play a lot desu, feels like i grew out of it

>pure cancer
>posts 40k

irony

youtu.be/iB1uQmvmh_k
youtu.be/4MHBq5Ft-Bo

Modern video games are mostly shovelware and the culture surrounding the industry is gay as fuck.

Nope.

I sold my last system (Xbox360) back in 2013 and stopped gaming.

Last Spring I setup MAME on my computer and bought a Dreamcast with some burned games. After about 2 weeks of playing on and off, specifically games I loved when I was a teenager, I just became bored with it.

It might be age too, I'm 33, but as someone who used to be a massive gamer, it just lost its appeal.

I grew up with NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox, and Xbox 360 and probably spent 20,000 to 25,000 hours of my life (thats around 3-4 years of my life) playing video games - what a fucking waste.

While it's nice to visit /vr/ every so often, and I did have some amazing times with some games, I don't have any time to waste on them now. I'm back in school for my graduate degree work, working out, socializing, part of multiple team art projects and religious groups - no time or need for vidya.

Actually, one thing I forgot while posting this - gaming did give me the escape I needed when I was going through middle school and high school. I had a number of undiagnosed social developmental issues, depression, bipolar, etc. and didn't have any friends growing up. I barely made it through middle school and high school academically, and might have not even graduated had it not been for the escapism I had with video games. Final Fantasy 7 was a huge one for me as were many of the role playing games at the time.

I can see why many people still cling to games because they provide an outlet for people to cope with shitty things going on. I've known more than one armed forces vet who was injured in the line of duty and ended up with ptsd and loss of limbs who play Call of Duty for hours at a time to cope with what happened to them.

My life is really good now though, I guess that's why I don't want escapism.

Go back to /v/

/v/ masturbates 40k daily faggot

proof that it's tasteless

Don't force it.

You've grown out of gaymes.

You're becoming an adult.

I honestly don't have the time anymore

>knowing about trends on /v/

You have to go back.

I bet you're one of the man children who gets worked up over what consoles other people use and women in gaming too.

No.
>I got tired of watching other people have fun

Same way I got tired of watching other people get all the gainz.

>play vidya 3-4 hours a.day and binge on weekends when I'm not lifting
Am I a degenerate incel for this?

you are if it's DS2 or the rip offs

I incorporate my fitness into my vidyas, Eg.
Every time I lost a match I would "punish" myself with x-reps
A little while into this method. I added reward reps when I won
*Bonus* when I was well into it I started using numbers off my screen as reps!!

I mainly just play fighting games. Good to just pick up and play, and the ripped as fuck guys make for good motivation. The waifus too. Too bad SFV is utter shit though. I really like SF as a whole up until then.

Forgot to mention, you aren't forced to sit down and play a half an hour match, just a quick 2 minute or so game, and you're all good.

aye, senpai, though a little less due to lifting time and after I lift I'm too exhausted to play so I watch some movie instead.

eagle is literally garbage

even supreme is garbage. you can be global and be garbage the difference between a top global and bottom global is probably as big as silver 1 and supreme

i hear you man, i want to like video games but just cant get into them like i used to. trying to find other stuff to fill the gap is hard.
i think its just because most other forms of entertainment outside electronics actually take alot of practice to hone the skill, which can seem like work, learning an instrument, learning a sport etc. and ive gotten into the habit of wanting to just chill and do nothing/be entertained after a day of work.
must be stoic
must break the cycle

This is the most retarded shit ive ever read

I play a competitive 1v1 game, and part of the reason I'm getting fit is that I want to be intimidating to the person I play against.

The nigga who said that probably got shot

But nvm the pic, i say work on something on the side that you love doing set milestones for yourself, srs this is what makes games addicting. You're already addicted to achievement now go achieve something that matters.

Haven't played for a few months, but there's nothing more comfy than picking up a cheap old X360 game and playing it while eating a dinner box from Pizza Hut.

Dissing the number one game

Sad!

teammates make the best gym buddies

CS;GO seems like there is a lot less required of the players in terms of man-hours and practice. They have no league and play for the tournaments and prize money whereas something like league of legends, players have to essentially sit on their asses 10 hours a day 6 days a week for WAY too many months in the year just for practice

bruh.... Same thing here, work FIFO and all I want to do on my breaks is game but I find myself opening steam, scanning my list of games and being completely meh about them all.

MnB2 and Rimworld are on my wishlist for as soon as they're released but worried I won't enjoy them. Not sure if I should be happy I'm growing up or sad. MnB is godtier game though, racked up something like 500 hours on that

Not stopping, shit's fun as fuck.
Just use your brain and don't let it cut into your real obligations or any irl fun stuff.

Real comfy to smoke some beers with the boys and talk trash in couch co-op.

>smoke some beers
what the...
I'm with you for the sensible approach of 'do it if it's balanced and not fucking with your life' but confused about if you're smoking bongs or drinking beers.

Both really

Each to their own, makes me too much of a space cadet/hermit and aggressive respectively so I've more or less dropped both.
Have a fit chick for your colection

his fingernails are the disgusting kind