Beginner lifting programs besides the sticky ones?

from what i've seen SS and SL are memes. what programs have you guys used?

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/fun/amp-marc-megnas-8-week-aesthetics-meets-performance-trainer.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

GSLP is good.

what are your goals

I second Greyskull LP. It is actually fun to do and doesnt make you look like a bloated fuck like SS.

losing weight i'm a fat fuck

Sounds like you fell for the SS is a meme meme

>How much weight you are
>age
>height
>any physical experience, sports etc

6'1
played football for 1 year, gone to the gym on and off for the last few years
t. mark rippetoe

Beginner Program: Do as much weight as you can to barely complete each set (so like 1 or 2 reps left int he tank at the end of the set) Move up or down in weight between sets as you need to. 1 minute rest between sets

Push:
Incline Bench 4x8
Flat Bench 4x8
Overhead Press 4x8

Pull:
Pendlay Rows or Bent Over Rows: 4x8
Romanian Deadlifts: 3x6
Wide Grip Pullups (as many sets as it takes to get to 50 total reps)

Legs:
Squats 4x8
Front Squats 4x8
Leg Curls 4x8

Do abs every day, and Forearms (4x10 DB forearm curl, 3x10 reverse) 3 days per week

i just wanna say, rippletits powerlifted for 10 years. And the co author, Kilgore, has a PhD in Anatomy and physiology, also has weightlifted on a national level. Both SS and PP are good books.

I'm thinkg about doing this routine. Thoughts?

A

bench
incline bench
fly

skull crusher
triceps kicks
bench dips

B

squat
romanian deadlift
leg curls
calf raises

Overhead press
frontal raise
lateral raise
shrugs
Face pull

C

deadlift
pull up or lat pulldown
chin up or close grip lat pulldown
one arm row

alternate dumbbell curls
barbell curls
finger curls
Reverse barbell curls

The key to gains is consistency, that being said you need a mix of cardio and fullbody compounds until you hit 240

Not those guys but I found this one immensely better than SS and SL.
>bodybuilding.com/fun/amp-marc-megnas-8-week-aesthetics-meets-performance-trainer.html

this

Do I really have to do this stuff every other day? Is it fine if I lift everyday instead?

You can do this program with 1 rest day per week. Remember, you grow while you rest

They're not memes, they're fine. Better than most novice programs. The best you can do for your body is Phrak's GSLP though, pic related. It's like SS but more balanced and better autoregulated
Good luck with whatever you choose

bump

If you haven't done enough research to realise that SS, GSLP and SL are the best routines for beginners then you don't deserve gains.

GSLP and 5/3/1 for Beginners

This isn't really true, you're pretty much growing all the time, and a lot of it is while you sleep. You don't just magically stop growing for 24 hours if you spend 1 hour in the gym that day.

Is this better than ?

yes

Depends on your goals but they're both pretty bad.

Even if i'm on deficit and will do cardio twice per day? (after workout and before bed)

especially

Ok thank you. Is that supposed to be AxBxC? or can i go everyday?

Just do a normal ppl, shoulders on legs day is a roid routine

Just read about it, thank you i liked ppl more than the phraks.

This is not a routine. It doesn't say anywhere how often you do each day, what %s, reps and sets to use and progression/deload management. It's not that it's worse than , they're not even comparable.
True
>both
No, you're wrong and dumb and should stop posting

Been unable to lift for 3 month, was cutting hard 3 month before that, so i want to start over fresh in a beginner program, but the reason for the break was a broken leg, so heavy squatting isnt possible at first. Is it fine if i only do deadlift and clean variants instead of it till i can train legs again?
Really want to start upper body again

>do PPL for years
>make ok gains
>do 5/3/1 for a year
>make ok gains, lifts kind of went up
>do TM
>squat 5rm has increased by 60lbs, my 1rm on deadlift is now my 5rm, my 1rm on bench is now my 5rm
>in less than 2 months lifting
>all with no weight gain

SS, and by extension TM, is not a meme. Saying they are a meme is a meme.

It's the worst version of GSLP that gets posted here and it's popularised by some DYEL on r/fitness. Read the GSLP book, then you can pretend you know something about programming. Why everyone on Veeky Forums is so desperate for dumbed down programs that can fit on three lines of text I'll never know. You shouldn't do power cleans to warm up for deads, the book outlines what a deadlift session should actually look like. You should also be doing face pulls and some arm work. You're not going to overtrain if you spend 10 minutes a week doing curls.

Can you post a good version of GSLP?

There are like 3 templates in the book. My favourite was the gladiator one or something similar. You can find the pdf on the first page of google.

also beginner here
all of these lifting programs only have 1x5 deadlifts. is it really that bad to do 3x5?
also for GSLP does "progress 2.5/5" mean add that much to each side or in total, cause my gym doesn't have any 1.25lb plates in it

Read the book.

Hijacking this thread with my own question. Been doing GSLP for a while but injured my lower back and can't squat or deadlift for a while as a result.

What exercises are good to replace them?

GOING ON HERE TO GET A FULL WORKOUT ROUTINE IS REALLY FUCKEN DUMB.

>Derp going to dedicate 6 months to a routine passed on by strangers with no credentials

Sure some of the Anons might actually know what they are talking about, BUT MOST ARE MEDIOCRE FAGS AT BEST. Get a workout plan that suites your needs and your body. Find help in literally any other /fitness/ platform.

Leg presses, leg extensions