Ab Wheels?

Are they a meme or legit

Other urls found in this thread:

i.ytimg.com/vi/82ZS4mb37Us/maxresdefault.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

99% of people who don't like them are doing it wrong.

both

The guy in your pic is working his lats. Should be called lats wheel.

Its first result on google

It's not Google's fault or this guy's fault. It just should've been called lats wheel.

>MUH FORM

Fucking idiots, if the guy is feeling it in the specific muscle he is targeting than it doesn't fucking matter what it looks like to you, you fucking dumb cunts.

I swear you fucking know-it-all form faggots are the most annoying cunts in existence.

no, fuck both of them

>it's real in my head!
Fuck off. It's not about "form". You know nothing about biomechanics

No you're wrong.

I have an ab wheel.

I feel it 100% in my abs, and I'm pretty sure my lats are being used as well, despite the fact I feel my abs working 100%.

So if you came upto me and said "HEY BRO UR FROM IS NOT RIGHT" I'd tell you to fuck off because you have absolutely zero idea what I'm feeling as I do the rep.

Also, why are all you form-fags always skinny runt DYEL's? Fucking lol.

>bought an ab wheel
Post your body big boy

I use one daily.
They are a brilliant ab workout. But you should be bending at the hips.

They are legit. They are used extensively in powerlifting. You have to know how to use though. But once you start using weighted rollouts it's an insane core workout.

>is thing a meme
If you think this is an okay way to post I genuinely, completely 100% serious, think you should kill yourself.

actual fitness related questions
> kill yourself

sip threads/tfw no gf threads/tinder threads
> R:103 I:19

thb the sticky is all you need from /fit(/, and the rest is just horsing around

Implying the sticky is not collection of vague horseshit that doesn't help anyone

It does need am update

Best ab exercise along with standing cable crunches imo

you shouldn't keep your back straight, you should arch it like a scared cat

the whole point of them is to keep your core as tight as fuck (like cramp tight) for an extended period of time, the movement isn't really the main thing with them which is where the problem lies.

They are amazing if you can keep you core tight through the movement, fantastic for core strength but almost no one keeps their core tight and use them like they are scrubbing a floor.

Not to mention if you use them wrong and over extended, the chance of a lower back injury (joint strain especially) is very high, think lower back pain with seated cable rows, exact same injuries

This. Tuck your pelvis in as much as possible going into, and maintaining, a pretty severe posterior pelvic tilt.

you should also make this arch while performing the deadlift

>the movement isn't really the main thing with them which is where the problem lies.
so sounds like planks are better

>lower back injuries from seated cable rows

Is this a thing? Seated rows are one of my favorite exercises but now I'm going to be all paranoid when I do them.

I just started using one. I'm really skinny. I think I'm using it wrong because I feel it a lot in my shoulders. Maybe it's normal because I'm so underdeveloped at the moment? Should I change anything so that it focuses on the abs more?

i.ytimg.com/vi/82ZS4mb37Us/maxresdefault.jpg

do it.

sorry

You're supposed to feel it in your arms and back too. This isn't random broscience, it's what the thing is advertised to do.

is there any reason not just going for the cheapest one?

You need to get 2 of them hold the first one normally and hold the second one with your ankles and become a bicycle

It's good but you need to do it right. Many people just let their mid section collapse making the exercise worthless or hugely overextend their lower back which does pretty much the same thing. A good way to keep your mid section tight and flat is to round your upper back slightly.

I bought one of those and out of interest tested ab machine before and could do about 12x50kg. 2-3 weeks after using ab wheel and not doing any other ab exercises (other than squats, deadlifts etc.) I tried the ab machine again and did 12x65kg.

The ab wheel does not produce an incrementally loadable movement in a straight vertical line, and is therefore useless.

Good point, why even have the rest of the board? Why discuss fitness when people can just read the sticky? Let's get back to talking about manlets and tfw no gf

all of these form nazis. This board sucks now kek. You take the little wheel you pivot in front of you. You use your abs to bring it back. Really makes you think!

Yes, they work very well. Make sure you have a certain level of core strength already so you don't fall on your face. The first time you use it you will be sore for like 4 days.

>straight vertical line
ask me how I know your bench sucks

I bought the cheapest one I could find (10€) and it's good, really sturdy. Perhaps there are even cheaper ones I don't know.

My bench bar path is perfectly vertical.

Agreed. Kys OP

Is this post a meme

More expensive ones offer spring loaded resistance. Other than that, which isn't necessarily that great, cheap ones are functionally identical.

This. I did some rollouts after not doing them for ages, after a really grindy last squat, like a retard. Had to lay off squats and deads for a while cause I fucked up my back.

I think I may have found the root cause of my lower back pain. Coincidentally happened the same time I started doing ab rolling. Now I can recover if this is the case. Most informative thread I read in years. Thanks brahs

you don't even need to buy one. you could just put socks on your hands and slide back and fourth. or do them with a barbell. or with gym rings. the wheel is very convenient tho

>buy a meme wheel
>mom yells at me for doing it on the hardwood

t-thanks Veeky Forums