How the hell do I get enough protein?

How the hell do I get enough protein?
I have to drink like 5 scoops of protein powder or 5 pounds of peanut butter to get the 160 G of protein I am recommended and I am getting sick of the stuff.

Eat meat.

Try eating food

You can use protein powder in other ways to make it easier like mixing into oats or yogurt with some fruit.

Maybe try and get a better tasting protein there's some gross ones out there but some are delicious.

Literally eat any decent food you dumb American

There is protein in everything

Look at me the millionaire who can afford to eat 15$ worth of chicken a day

Bruh where do you live that 16oz of chicken is 15 dollars?

Is protein powder and PB all you eat?
If not theres a good chance your hitting your goal already

Just go for chicken / fish / lean meat / eggs, it's not really that hard to reach that.

I use unflavoured protein and casein, if you just mix it with fuckloads of water, it's not too bad at all.

>He fell for the 2g per kg of bodyweight lie

450g of Skyr
(600ml of milk + one scoop)*2

There that's like 130g without even trying

You probably don't need that much protein.

Try unflavored if you're "getting sick" of your artificially flavored sickly sweet shakes.

And then there's always food if you're really getting desperate.

This, I forgot to ask your bodyweight hereBut indeed, it's highly likely that you don't need that much protein in your diet.

You're a dumb fuck that's obviously not eating enough solid food if you only get 40-50g of protein outside of your protein shakes

How to fix my poor diet

Not included are bananas and strawberries and things

Are you trying to bulk or cut?

Your diet is seriously lacking carbs, so if you're trying to bulk add some starchy vegetables to lunch and dinner (potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, yams etc).

you're a fucking idiot just buy frozen chicken cheap and defrost it, there's no downside as far as i know (unless anyone would like to correct me on that then feel free) but I've been doing this for years with no issue.

I don't eat meat and I get 160g of protein no problem, what are you doing?

If I eat say

a bowl of porridge with milk
a peanut butter sandwich
a tub of cottage cheese
a chana masala with cous cous

That's 100g right there.

Fage 0% Greek Yogurt has 20g protein. I put it in my shake along with the milk. Makes it slightly thicker, creamier, and tastier, too.

Cutting

I think I'll add some oats for breakfast

The major downside of eating frozen chicken is it taste like shit.

first of all its 2 grams per kg of lean mass , you need protein for your muscles not for your bone mass and all the damn fluids in your body. bodibuilders that eat 2 grams /kg are on roids that makes protein synthesis in their muscles go crazy. if you are naty 1.2-1.5 /kg is more than you will ever need

In the u.s. chicken is like a dollar per pound

You don't need 175g protein

How much for cutting if I weigh 165lbs?

150g?

Anything over 2g and you're paying for rancid piss

what kind of fuckin idiot gets 100% of their daily protein from whey powder and peanut butter? Find some cheap chicken at a market and freeze it, and eat canned tuna/salmon. And chuck some yoghurt in at some point. Done.

100g

Dude just get fucken good alright

I take 4 scoops of protein every fucken day with 50g being met via food/meat. It no longer bothers me and it is a great way to feel full throughout the day.

There's protein in everything you eat. If you eat around 2k calories of whole foods without including meat you should already have around 60-100g of protein. Eat a couple ounces of meat or a couple of scoops and you're golden.

Eggs for breakfast
Chicken for lunch
Protein bar mid afternoon
Meat for dinner
Shake before bed if i havent gotten there yet

It's not hard, learn to cook and eat

A rotisserie chicken is like 300g of protein for 5 dollars.

u dum

Oh also, 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight is not necessary anyways, but I'm not going to argue here. Just going to say most strength athletes eat around 1.3-1.7g per kg of bodyweight.

I'm 127lbs and 130g+ of protein per day strikes me as a bit crazy.

How much protein is ACTUALLY getting used? Because if ALL of it went to muscle, I'd be putting on 1 lb. per week, not per month.

At 130g of protein per day, I'm eating 3.9kg (8.6lbs) of protein per month, to gain ~450 - 900g (1-2lbs) of muscle per month. Does nobody else ever question this? It seriously strikes me as broscience.

Most serious studies on the matter have actually recommended about .06 -0.8 at most per pound. It just kinda became a meme to say 1 per lb, I guess cause it's an even number and math is hard.

Cottage cheese, greek yogurt and shrimp will be your friend.

Where the fuck do you live that's so expensive?!

Just eat any protein food whatsoever you faggot. If meat is too expensive try eating legumes, or milk, or literally anything with lots of protein will do.

lmfao all these posts and not a single one pointing out that 160g protein is FAR too much.

have fun with your kidney failure in 10 years

Truth right here.

Eat more of everything. Scrawny weebs will never get huge because they don't fucking eat

1/3

Salmon, chicken, oats, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, milk, beans, the list goes on. Eating this kind of stuff daily + your scoops will get you there easy.

2/3

Bonus

where the hell do you live.

also, just make sure to eat consistently. I try to have 2 medium sized meals a day with a snack every two hours, and a BIG dinner before bed. If you aren't a vegan, meat is your friend. red meat is a1

That is fucking genius lad

Have you tried eating food?

4 eggs = 25g
2 chicken breasts = 60g
2 scoops of whey = 50g

that's already 135g bro.
and the rest 25g is pretty much embedded in the rest of the shit you eat, or add some fish for fucks sake. not that hard.

Depends on the studies. Other ones have shown that it is better to eat more protein.
Obviously not every gram of protein is put into building muscle, that's stupid, some of it is just waste, some of it is used for energy, etc.
The idea behind eating more protein is to have more "protein" in you available at all times. So you're overloaded with protein in your blood, ready to be used for energy and muscle building/repair. You could eat less of course, but it depends on how lean you are, your levels of micronutrients, levels of glucose in blood, etc.
It's just easier to load more protein each meal rather than just being at the base level.
Or you could eat less but be super strict with the times you eat so that your available levels of protein remain at the right amount during the day.

OP cant afford chicken and you recommend shrimps?

Man, what's up with doing complicated shit, do you pay a bitch to give you links to pinterest meals?

>breakfast
2-3 eggs + 500ml of malk
>lunch
200ish grams of chikin or turkey breast
>dinner
the other half liter of milk + 2 scoops bruh
= 160ish g of brotein

Then I just add whatever carbs and fat shit I want to reach the TDEE for the day, though I do choose healthy shit anyway to avoid dumb levels of salt/fat/sugar in blood.

$5 grocery store rotisserie chickens (literally fucking cooked for you)
canned fish
black beans
greek yogurt
eggs
milk
cheese
tilapia

im a poor fuck and manage to get 180-220g of protein a day using no supplements.

I wish people stopped recommending rot chicken, it has so much sodium you're gonna get a heart attack at 40.

I bet you drink like 1l of water per day

3-5+ depends on what I do. But negro, unless you supplement extra potassium you'll retain a ton of water and the salt will stay there.

If you were drinking that amount of water you wouldn't be worried about some sodium in chicken

eat more chicken, salmon, tilapia, greek yogurt/plain yogurt, peanut butter

>the millionaire who can afford to eat 15$ worth of chicken a day

160g of chicken protein = $15
1g of chicken protein = $0.09375

5kg MyProtein pack = $52.73 (with 15% discount)
1g of protein powder = $0.0121825 (assuming 80% of the content is pure protein)

That's 7.69 times the price per gram.

I refuse to believe you, go to a fucking supermarket and get a reality check.
And if there's a slight chance you're telling the truth, you need to move out asap.

It's not that easy because while the kidneys can process a lot of water per hour, if the diet consists of a lot of salt, salt retention in the cells will stay high as it's not like the osmosis occurs at every point in the body when you drink more water.
Although you can induce the opposite of having dangerous amounts of low sodium by drinking a lot of water, it's better to have a good balance rather than doing two extremes to avg them.