/PLG/ - Powerlifting General

For the purpose of improving performance in the hobby of powerlifting, or for becoming big and stronk through multi-joint compound movements.

>rare Panzer edition

reminder to do weighted chin ups to bench more

What if I can do chin ups pretty well but strugle to do more than five pullups?
Is it bad to go until failure every time I do the pullup sets?

So this is Panzer's face, intredasting.

>Is it bad to go until failure every time I do the pullup sets?
yes absolutely

the biggest newb mistake when it comes to trying to increase chin/pull ups is going to failure, you want to stay away from failure as far as possible

Some guy here will post a program, keep on eye on this thread

S1: 6x2 √
S2: 8x2 √
S3: 5x3 √
S4: 7x3 √
S5: 5x4
S6: 3x5
S7: 5x5
S8: 4x6
S9: 6x6
S10: 1xAMRAP

Explain

chin ups increase back and arm musculature

Increases in size in those areas increases the leverage in bench directly

Wait... Is that pic OP or his wife's son lol. He is a powerlifter so probably both.

Thank you.
Can you recommend squat accessories?

paused highbar squats

haack squats

did weighted pull ups today. i usually do thumbless grip but I changed it today and did thumbs under the bar. it felt like I lifting lightweight. does it involve more bis or forearms? what gives? how do you do your pull ups?

If you don't do high bar or front squat, start.

Paused versions of front and high bar are great, including breathing paused squats, and tempo squats.

with thumb under bar and tight grip. it gives better leverage.

forgot to mention that in the past sessions I had problems with my grip essentialy closing in during the lift, but today the stability was great

Oh Mandy
When you came and you gave without taking
But I sent you away oh mady

Oh Filip
When you came and you gave without taking
But I sent you away oh Filip

Hamstring curl, reverse hyper, ghr, good morning. Squat variations are not accessories.

>Hamstring curl, reverse hyper, ghr, good morning
>no quad work
dropped

Anybody have any good personal bests recently?

I sat out a meet due to injury last month, and I'm training up for a meet in December.

Hit a training cycle best of 425 for squat and 290 for bench this morning for my RPE 9 singles. Things are going good.

I LOVE BODORIO AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS

Bros, is there any working world games livestream? Pls link

god i miss trppy

pls be in kgs for 10 reps after doing 2 sets previously

I JUST WANT TO OPEN UP THE WINDOW AND SCREAM "I LOVE BODORIO AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS!"

Hit a yolo SSB single yesterday at 90% of my low bar max (360) that moved pretty well, and I benched 225 2x17, gonna try for 20 next time.

lunges and hip thrusts

Best advice I've seen on Veeky Forums in ages. I guess there's still a thread worth coming to on here

>squats and pulls 2-3 times a week
>no quad work
Please don't tell me you do seated quad extensions for powerlifting.

My response was actually a joke btw

except this is not Veeky Forums buddy this is /plg/

Fuck you dude he could be a 165er.

I hit a 200 lb log clean and press at 177 (not powerlifting i know).

What do you think that SSB squat tells you about your competition style squat?

What is your bench max? You should be north of 350

I need a picture of Trappys face

Don't ask questions

Probably that I should try harder for my comp style. Last tested was 142.5 kg in comp and I failed 150 but it felt like I could have done 142.5 desu.

I dont do any form of extensions, the're injury prone

I just do another form of a multiple jointed press for the quads

Could have doubled 142.5*

Why don't you switch to high bar?

is ssb one of those bars ith safety handles

How come nobody spams pictures of Trappy anymore?

Was it Raffy spamming the pictures all along?

I hate it, it sucks and I always pull something in my mid back when I do it.

Louis?

When does Blaine lift?

Yes

Final bench session of Cuckol 3x int med bench it gives the option to either do a 1AMRAP or an actual 1RM

Which is better to do?

omg was just wondering this :)

amrap is safer
1rm is dangerous but provides you the real thing

personally I would go with an amrap, no need to do an 1rm outside comp

Not even an hour into plg and we already have homophobic and racist posts

Epic. Just epic.

Do you think you have some upper back weakness that might be limiting your squat?

Stop being a faggot nigger

Maybe

The iron is colorblind.

It might still hate fags, though.

If you know how he squats yoi would know exactly why he says that

He basicly does semi good mornings when he squats and thats objectively harder to do with highbar. Draw your conclusion

>nuckols bench

None of this matters

Nah, I'd say my quads are my limit, given my front squat max is like 72% of my back squat max.

I only really good morning on high bar and minorly SSB now, low bar and fronts I don't whatsoever anymore.

>I only really good morning on high bar and minorly SSB now
nah you still do with lowbar to an extend, less than before I agree

but yeah weak quads are def why that happens. I dont get why people who have this problem dont try it to fix it, its very mechanicly inefficient to ''squat'' like that. It would easily be fixed by doing a lot of quad accessory, I guess people are lazy

Paused high bar squats fix this problem.

>Tfw I just realized I bench more than I front squat
RIP

Doing lower reps with a fuckload of sets helps a lot, especially while forcing my knees to stay forward and not letting my hips to shoot up. I was doing some quad accessories too though, belt squats hit your quads like a motherfucker.

I refuse to do them, I literally can't find the center of balance with high bar ever

Doing more and more good morning style squat, so what are the best ways to bring my quads up?

Paused high bar squat.

Belt squats if you want to save your back some fatigue, front squats, not forcing progression through bad form breakdown

Belt squat I don't know what is, high bar hurt me last time I did it, maybe I should try doing front squats then, since I never did them before. If I don't like them it's back to the high-bar I guess.

It is recovery day on texas tomorrow for me, so what kind of weight do you think would be appropriate for the front squats?

2 different powerlifters.

Both shitty squatters.

Both can't high bar (squat).

Both can't understand why correcting this weakness is important to having a functional squat.

Never change.

Belt squats are when you either hook up a dip belt to a cable machine or put some plates on a dip belt and squat on some boxes or benches.

>tfw no belt squat machine at my place

Squat is my best lift by far, but I notice my glutes and hamstrings have become more and more dominant lately and the torso angle is starting to get a little shady so I thought quad exerises could help, this is why I asked.

Okay, I don't think I will try that, usually very crowded when I train.

You don't need a belt squat machine, it can be a regular adjustable cable machine.

How much does a belt usually add to your squat? Right now my 1rm is 315lbs at 160lbs.

>Tfw bench more than I back squat
Poverty squat mustard race.
>acl problems, shitty sleep schedule, and cutting= poverty squat
I barely hit 225x3 today lowbar. I can deadlifts 315 for reps though. Wat do?

>Wat do
Don't have shitty acl problems, sleep 8+ hours a night, and finish cutting as soon as possible so you can ride the gains train. That's a pretty large gap senpai, either your squat is all sorts of fucked up or your arms are pretty long.

Very true. Yeah my squat has been pretty fucked for at least 2 years, but I've only really gotten serious about training again in the last few months. I really just need to reset until my form is right, but I don't want to stop lifting heavy everywhere else while my squat catches up.

I'm 5'11(.5) and my brother is 6'2

I weigh 90kg and he tells me he weighs 70kg despite being almost identical in size (he has bigger arms and that's it)

And he says he deadlifrs 200kg which gives him a higher deadlift wilks than me

Wtf he's lying right???

reminder for the twinks

Current state
>5'9" 179lbs (down from 205 in April, goal is 170)
>bench 215x6
>ohp 125x6
>squat 225x5 (last week)
>deadlift 315x5

>3 weeks off
>lose 7kg

>first day back
>60% x 5 deadlift
snab ciddy :(

R8 2 month progress on TM
>squat
>215x2 to 245x4

>bench
>215x2 to 225x3

>deadlift
>405x1 to 405x5

Plan on doing 1rm on Thursday before vacation.

Convince me to stop now

You literally are a twink

No, I don't care what you do. I know I'm gonna get one when I break my fast at 4pm tho. Best chocolate bar.

I already ate all 3...

Is this you?

why can't you stick with anything?

Just like your relationships?

What's a better bench routine then?

no worries in 2 weeks im starting my A S C E N T I O N to the 94kg class

I honestly didn't know Isley was still around after supermong left. I thought it was like a Batman and joker relationship but with more shitposting. I should come to /plg/ more often.

what should my sets be? 3x5? 3x8?

See
Everyone should be doing this
Everyone!??

Good lad

I never left, I've been in here ever since

You're not allowed to smug pepe at relationships. Isley tongue punched esmes fart box. You have never touched a boob, and your waifu is flatter than 8year old boy.

Sean got btfo

How so? Was he lying about his car or something? Clap clap?

>Isley tongue punched esmes fart box.
The thought actually made me gag

>tfw you are excactly the same a Panzer except you post your autism in a different board

guys, how do i calc how many calories a day I need? i don't know how much to eat as to not get fat but still make muscle progress

I am 6'5'' currently at 215lb

help a noob out

Good, this is quickly becoming the only worthwhile place on this board, at least until the /r9k/ kids wear themselves out for the summer.
I'll stick around here to improve my poverty squats and balance out my body.

What did my captcha mean about this
>gayman sumo pullers