What kind of training is this?

what kind of training is this?
why does he wear the mask?

Other urls found in this thread:

phantom-trainingmask.com/en/training-mask-info
t-nation.com/training/blood-flow-restriction-training
bodybuilding.com/fun/jake-wilsons-project-mass-blood-flow-restriction-training.html
strengthandconditioningresearch.com/blood-flow-restriction-training-bfr/
biolayne.com/articles/training/blood-flow-restriction-training-the-next-generation-of-anabolic-exercise/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

looks like autistic rowing to me user

>why does he wear the mask
because he's a big guy

it's a new bullshit fad

phantom-trainingmask.com/en/training-mask-info

wtf, so this suffocates you?

It restricts oxygen intake making it more anaerobic. Good if you are gonna move to high altitude place like Colorado and will do stupid shit like running and need to train up to it before you show up to your new unit and look like a shitbag who can't keep up on a run.
Also he wears a mask because taking it off would be extremely painful.

he's a big guy

For you.

it doesnt even restrict air the same way that mountain training does. The concentration of oxygen is still the same with the mask on or the mask off, when you're up in the mountains there is less oxygen in the air

also the mask does literally the same thing as breathing through a straw

UU
UU

because it would be extremely painful to remove it

Concentration of oxygen is almost the same 0 m sea level or 6 km. Partial pressure however is much lower at 6 km so you are able to breathe less air in. That's first.

Secondly when you put the mask on the amount of oxygen is less because you are breathing in less air, so yes like breathing through a straw except that you do get less oxygen than otherwise simply because you get less air.

for you

there was a similar concept few years ago
>t-nation.com/training/blood-flow-restriction-training
>bodybuilding.com/fun/jake-wilsons-project-mass-blood-flow-restriction-training.html
>strengthandconditioningresearch.com/blood-flow-restriction-training-bfr/
>biolayne.com/articles/training/blood-flow-restriction-training-the-next-generation-of-anabolic-exercise/
to me, it seems awful to purposefully restrict either oxygen or nutrient to your tissues whilst working out

You could get the same effect by wrapping a bath towel around your head. Congratulations, you just spent 100+ dollars to look like a faggot when you can spend almost nothing and look like a sand nigger.

It's all part of his master plan.

It's where broscience meets biology. Theoretically restricting oxygen intake leads to lactic acid fermentation instead of taking oxidative phosphorylation pathway... so more meat on dem running muscles bro? In practice this shit might lead to a stroke if overdone or done by someone with a condition who hasn't been diagnosed with in yet. I don't honestly know. Seems like a meme to me.

I wasn't advocating buying the product bro, just explaining some science to you.

you merely adopted the broscience, he was born in it molded by it blablabla

Oh wow, I just clicked the last link where guy talks about restricting venous blood flow but not arterial through elbow and knee wraps. Well, the degenerate doesn't seem to know that veins and arteries are all part of the same circuit and restricting one restricts the other. This is worse than broscience, this is how ya get a stroke cause brain likes oxygen too.

Are you suggesting that layne norton, PhD. and inventor of PHUL and PHAT, goes on the internet to tell lies to wannabe natties?

I thought this meme died

In case anyone doesn't know, he's on a Pilates machine.

He admits it himself there that majority of people have always believed that rich blood flow is fundamental to muscle building and exercise. So what he is suggesting is way out of whack. Also in a few years when I will be referred as Dr. it most certainly won't be due to phd.

Was being posted on /fit a part of his plan?

Kek

No, starting a new baneposting to sell masks was his plan cia

>Secondly when you put the mask on the amount of oxygen is less because you are breathing in less air,
No, you're not breathing in less air. You're just straining the muscles that enable you to breathe, that's it

Altitude training: less dense air, so you take in less oxygen every time you breathe
Mask: amount of oxygen in your lungs every time you breathe doesnt change so all it does is make it harder to get air into your body.

>crashing this thread with no survivors

No, you do take less air with mask on. Think about it. Diaphragm contracts, lungs expand, pressure in lungs low, outside high, air rushes in. However the channel is now more narrow, so it takes longer for that amount of air to fill in you lungs.

Think about it like this: normal breathing, air in, diffuses in alveolus fast. Amount of oxygen per unit of time high. Restricted breathing, air in, takes forever to fill lungs, diffusion spread out over long period of time, oxygen per unit of time lower. Exactly like high altitude, only difference with mask it's the small channel that causes low amount of oxygen, in high altitudes its low pressure of air that makes it not flow into your lungs as fast.

eternal meme

it works your social media muscles

he's training his hamon

Can you faggots stop spamming this retard? This is the second time I see him here in two days.

who is he?
I can't recognize him with that shit on his face

If he took it off it would be extremely painfull

Does bane mean that he is a big guy compared to him, or that he's big for his sake, or that he's a big guy for him to take on?

It's a double reply

"what would happen if I took off your mask?"

"It would be very painful... for you"

and

"you're a big guy"

"for you (to take on)"

I fucking hate that dickhead, stop giving him attention

Chill with the reddit spacing dude

That mask doesnt do anything. It does something, but not what it is intended for. You you cant replicate high altitudes with those masks.

An Italian entrepreneur, I won't say his name because that would give him even more attention, he's famous for being rich and having a nice body (for Italian standards, nobody lifts here) at 50 years old.

Blood flow restriction atually works as a stimulus. Its getting populare in physiotherapy as you can get people stronger without the use of a lot of weight.
However this doesnt work forever, and should only be used every now and then.

Its also helpfull if you injure yourself.

Baneposting is timeless.
>yfw TDKR came out 5 years ago

He's flirting with CIA, you dumbass

he's hitting on him

literally this

I had one, it's just bullshit science. There's no way a silicone rubber filter can replicate high altitude training. All it really does it just restrict your breathing.

for (you)

Why don't they just invent a mask that doesn't restrict air flow but actually filters out a portion of oxygen from breathed air?

Then, you could reverse it and breathe in all that 100% oxygen post-workout for those sick oxygen gains

>why does he wear the mask?
No one cared about his routine before he put on the mask

HAMON

>I thought this meme died
H O T H E A D
O
T
H
E
A
D

O U T