How're you holding up Veeky Forums? Tell me how you've been recently. Anything you need to vent about...

How're you holding up Veeky Forums? Tell me how you've been recently. Anything you need to vent about? Any triumphs you wanna share? A funny thing happen at the gym? Tell us about it

>Inb4 not relevant; mental health is a component of fitness. Talking about shit makes us all feel better

>Pic unrelated; I just didn't want to start a thread with the feels guy

Other urls found in this thread:

oilgae.com/algae/oil/yield/yield.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't want to be lonely anymore.

Not trying to be harsh, or make fun of you. I've been in your shoes. But what are you doing to rectify that situation? Have you tried joining any local clubs? Or taking up a hobby that has a social element such as mma or rock climbing?

Lost about 50kg of weight but it turns out I'm still too autistic to make friends. pls help Veeky Forums

Yes I'm diagnosed.

Just spent 6 weeks no lifting because of a surgery for a hernia
A month prior to that I hurt my back squatting
Still have feels for my ex gf who dumped me a year ago

BUT

tomorrow is the first day I can lift again so that's pretty cool
And my back doesn't bother me anymore so that's pretty cool

Yeh man. Ive been having trouble getting off my ass and going into the gym lately. My body wants to but my brain doesn't and its fuckin me up. Plus im losing weight im down to 130 and eating 3 square meals isnt doing shit. Think I might be retarded or something

try making some homemade weightgainer shakes (only if you go to the gym though)

>hate my job
>no friends/gf
>have to pretend to be a normie at work

im not going to kill myself but boyhowdy do i need someone to talk to

Got a job interview tomorrow. Not going to drink tonight

I have a job over summer at a hotel working full time, I'm trying to save while I'm still at uni to get ahead with a small business plan. I also moved in with my gf recently which is a very expensive process.

So I have no money, I'm working 40-50 hours a week to get money, but I'm only making £7.05 an hour which makes me want to vomit, and I work a lot of split shifts which destroys my sleep cycle and I'm very sleep deprived.

I can't afford a gym for now, I have a pull-up bar so can do home stuff but even when I have the energy I don't have the food quality.

So I'm pretty bummed out basically

been using a lot of caffeine and yohimbine, scared of a heart attack lmao

but hey atleast I'm losing weight quickly

Been doing well, all things considered. Been maintaining a regular gym attendance, so working out hasn't been a chore. Slack on a few days (leg day) for the last two weeks, but looking to make it up by working in a leg exercise on my other days. Body goals are in sight, slowly going up to 160lbs, though been hovering at 153-155lbs. My lifts are modest, but I think I can do better. Pushing for the 1/2/3/4 goal, but I think my squats and deads are going to take a while as I train my lower body for it, as my OHP and bench are pretty much in reach. Possibly hitting the 160lbs mark will be when I might be seeing those met.

Socially, things are at a lull. There's this qt I've had two dates with, had very long talks that she seemed to be very engaged and interested in. Only other times I've been able to see her regularly is when she's at her work, which at one time recently she took her break to hang out with me. She is also very insistent on giving my free/discounted items when I order stuff. Thing is, I don't know if she's fully interested, as I know she has a male friend she seems close with as well. She only introduced him as a friend, so there's that. Been trying to figure when and how to ask the question is she'd be open to do more.

You know what to do.

I'm somewhat stuck in a financial loop living month to month but I'm surviving. It's pretty much an enforced monk mode where I can literally afford to do nothing more than lift, eat, work and sleep.

I've got a sick PC though so that helps.

I saw one of my favorite bands at a festival. I ran into them later in the day after their set and got to just shoot the breeze for over an hour one-on-one. It was amazing.

Fucked a girl who is insanely pretty, didn't even mean to or try but turns out she's liked me for ages. Wouldn't stop running her hands over my body after and told a mutual friend that I have a great body.

Downside is that she's a friends ex and he would be devastated if he found out so I can't make her my gf, so back to being alone.

Go drinking with her and see how she acts when shes had a few. If she agrees to come thats a good sign and you can always turn it into friendly drinks if things go south

I've been becoming more of a sociopath recently. I am beginning to think that all that matters on a social level is how people perceive me. "Being yourself" or "having integrity" is bullshit, I get better results pretending to "be myself" or pretending to "have integrity" in the correct situations.

It's just seeming easier and easier to only care about myself and no one else. If you're a top tier sociopath no one would should even notice right? How can this not be the right path for the self aware and intelligent? All actions lead to bettering the self, or pleasure for the self.

Reminder that lifting weights is only for yourself, it does not benefit anyone else...and if it does benefit dickhead from down the street because you helped him lift his trailer and you used something similar to a deadlift you only did that so that you had him in debt in the form of a favor that may be exchanged in the future.

I'm pretty sure I got ghosted by someone I've known for 3 years in an on again off again relationship

I haven't recently given up on looking for love and putting women on a pedastool, I'm start working out again, making decent money and hopefully going to get a city job soon, which pays 40 an hour.

Down side I'm alone but focused and balding lol. Fuck a bitch.

People are starting to notice that I've lost weight and are complimenting me on it. Feels fucking good man. Only 28 more lbs to go.

You're not a sociopath you're pragmatic and utilitarian. A sociopath is someone that feels no empathy towards others. Being a self serving manipulative person doesn't make you a sociopath so long as you have the capacity to feel bad when you fuck people over.

>taking dnp
>almost at week 2
>have only lost 2lbs
>drink 2 gallons of water a day
>eat below maintenance
>exercise almost everyday
Every time I get on the scale I feel defeated because people online all rant and rave about how much they lost and im here not even close to where I need to be.

Dude the max you're going to lose in a week is 2lbs. It takes months to even years depending on how much weight you're trying to lose.

Also I just looked up what DNP is and are you out of your fucking mind? Just lose weight the old fashioned way. It's safer and healthier. You're never going to make it if you try to cheat and cut corners.

people always post how they lost 10+ pounds easy, I'm 185.8 currently and need to get to 170, and i thought this could help the process

>tfw 2 gf's

>never gonna make it
>on a board that cherishes the man who said that
>as he cheated and cut corners
sounds like you're never gonna make it

Yeah they lost 10+ pounds taking fucking poison. DNP used to used to make fucking explosives and pesticides. A 100mg dose can cause serious side effects or death. You're literally risking your life taking that shit because you can't be patient. Throw that shit out now before it kills you.

>applied for masters in two of three best universities in the country
>worked hard af to get ready for the exams
>one day before the exam got some headache, rash and bodytemp went all the way to 38C
>chickenpox
>can't attend exams
>need to wait for a fucking year to try again
That fucking coincidence almost broke me, Veeky Forums, I already lag behind most of my peers for a year and now it's going to be twice as much.

>100mg can kill you
brah read up and stop believing in the scare tactics. The LD50 is 1200mg I'm currently at 625mg and that's why I'm upset.

Got a new job but it seems really easy so i will have to see

I want to start gaining muscle, but I feel like I'll just look like an idiot since I'm a short 5'5 asian dude. I remember in high school there was this 5'0 asian guy that was buff as fuck and tried to intimidate everyone with his buffness, and everyone just laughed at him behind his back like a tiny chihuahua that tries to be threatening but nobody takes it seriously since it is still just a tiny chihuahua.

I go on Veeky Forums every now and again for motivation but I end up just never doing anything about it, and i'm frustrated at myself. If I can't gain muscle, I'd like to at least exercise or something lose weight since I'm skinny and i'd like to think I have a decent face, but all my fat goes to my stomach which makes me look disgusting and I can't get a gf.

I want to eat less and exercise more but I've gotten so used to always overeating that eating less less leaves me feeling too hungry and without enough energy to get through the day. I barely have time to exercise either.

Aside from a lack of time due to working/studying most of the time, I'm aware that most of my problems are just in my own head and they're something I just need to get over, but i've always had this issue my whole life where It's really hard for me to start something, especially something that feels overwhelming at first since there's so much to look into when getting fit like what to do, what to eat, etc. but once I start something, I find it easy to keep it going, it's always just starting that's the hardest part.

How do I get myself to just... do it?
I'm the kind of person to easily lose motivation and I hate it. I can never stick to anything I do and I constantly leave things unfinished and I have terrible will power and self control and I hate it. Getting a strong body sounds easy enough since all I'd have to do is lift a bunch of heavy things, but how do I get a strong mind?

your gif is going to fucking kill me user.

I cant afford the gym right now so im doing 100 push ups and sit ups and a mile run. Any recommendations on that weightgainer shake? Ive got whey protein and oats with some fruit would that make a good shake?

I have absolutely no drive to do anything
>don't wanna go to class
>don't wanna look for an internship
>don't wanna lift
>don't wanna make food
>don't wanna wake up
I've been forcing myself to go do stuff, and it's definitely helping, but Ive just been so apathetic about life for like the past 3 weeks

You can still lift and put on muscle but don't go full retard strength/bodybuilding with it. Focus more on low weight high reps and flexibility exercises.

Make what you've got toned and hard.

I've been stuck in a retail job for the last year and a half but it makes more money than an entry level job around me. It's really dragging on my mood.

Not him, but I did such things and have already gone through all the women I know. There are no more to be interested in.

I'll do just that, then. I appreciate the advice, user.

Drew up a new fitness plan for myself with a female instructor at the gym today. She complimented me on my height and physical strength, but I'm sure she was just being polite.

My goal is to improve my core more before I start uni.

Overall, things could be worse.

Don't deny your own happiness for others. Because no one will do the same for you

Going back to school for nursing so I've been preparing for that all summer long.
In the meantime been working at Amazon warehouse and I fucking hate me life:
Pros:
>ok pay with health benefits (I'm 26)
>highly physical so I don't need to do cardio in my spare time

Cons:
>over nights
>mandatory OTso I'm working 50 hrs a week
>job itself is so easy 10 minutes of work feels like an hour

I honestly can't wait to go full-time student next week so I can quit this hell hole

Meant next spring not week

How do I stop caring what others think? I honestly believe this is one of the things that is keeping me from being really happy. For example, I try to avoid certain clothes that I think I look good in, because people will start saying shit like "look at this faggot that looks good in those clothes", same with the haircut, I have a shitty haircut because I dont want to look better to avoid judgements.
Am I just a narcissistic beta faggot? If so, any advice on how to overcome this shity perspective?

Moving apartments soon to escape my shitty party girl roommates (wouldn't fuck them with a rented dick, serious slags. Set me up a few of their cute friends though, which wasn't bad)
Moving into my tiny new place on Tuesday.
Still kicking ass at my new office job, had to call in sick today though because I puked up all of my dinner this morning, has to spend today so far laying in bed sipping water. Hate missing work.
I'm hoping I feel okay enough by dinner to go lift.
Bench and ohp are progressing in spite of my cut, but squats are poverty teir and deadlifts are decreasing. I'm down 27lbs since April though.

I'm on a light cut, about 300-400 kcal a day. I just started lifting, and my lifts aren't really increasing, they're just stagnant (and lightweight, considering I just started). Is this normal? Am I fucking myself by lifting every day while cutting when I'm new? Trying to slim down right now, I get about 100-110g of protein daily, but I don't want to gain any more fat. Right now I'm about 5'9", 162 lbs.

Physically things have been going great. I started a new PPL program after I graduated and I've been making steady progress and got my abs back after my bulk. However, I start college in 20 days and I'm terrified I won't be smart enough or everyone will think I'm autismo. I graduated with honors and tons of friends but this new start has me a little spooked.

Last night was the third or fourth time in a month I've dreamt of a girl I've seen once since I've graduated in 2015. Besides that, I have some issues with the financial aid office for my university I'm trying to transfer to, and I'm the verge of saying fuck it and bailing out of here to a place that's far away. I'm trying to resolve this issue, but part of me hopes I can't so I have nothing besides family and friends tethering me to my hometown. I could be gone by September.

Try an EC(A) stack. Works well and far less dangerous.

I don't feel like being in a relationship i don't feel like it's caused by my 3years being single i just don't want it so problem solved somehow

I try and work on myself my lifts are almost at 1/2/3/4

I try to read more and more

I changed my career and i plan on starting boxing this year

There is still a problem tho i feel like my social me is not the real me not like i need attention it's just that i can't help being noisy and always trying to be funny i know i don't need to act that way to be appreciated but i can't help it
So i kinda feel like the annoying guy in the group that hurt

I've been there. You'll get the occasional offhand comment from your friends for it, and occasionally a weird look or something. For the most part though, nobody actually gives a shit, and you should always remember that.

sup, fellow (future) nurse.

just graduated back in may almost at the top of my class in the best in state school. our doctorate program is one of the best in the country. graduated summa cum laude, destroying my expectations by others (my undergrad was terrible). had some amazing references from clinicals, was able to get into the highest acuity/most advanced pediatric cardiac ICU in the state, if not nearly the country. was able to participate in the care of a world-first surgical device implantation.

and yet, i still don't have a job after 3 months of trying. people with less skills and worse grades and experiences than me are getting the jobs i wanted. people with shit references and awful personalities are getting my backup jobs. I've had multiple 'final' peer interviews, which i felt i nailed, but didn't get a callback. I don't know what's wrong with me, my resume, or my interviewing skills, except that apparently, i once said something that could be interpreted as 'sexist', which is fucking ridiculous- why would anyone sexist EVER become a male nurse? fucking retarded.

in addition, this is complicated by the fact that i'm running out of money, have student loans to repay, and my girlfriend of 4 years left me last month (after signing another 12 month lease and subsequently bailing), so i'm stuck either with the prospect of paying double what i used to be for rent/utilities, or having a stranger for a roommate at nearly 30 years old.

Also haven't had sex in like 2 months now, nor have i met a decent girl yet despite being pretty active and going out on several occasions. Shit sucks.

On the plus side, only 5 more pounds to finish my cut to 8%, and hit a 175lb OHP at 150lbs bw, and looking and lifting much better than i ever have been.

Regardless, keep up the nursing route, it's great, despite my recent shitty luck.

I agree

Keto my bro

delet that gif

please respond

I want to fall in love again, it's been 10 years already

>doing a workout plan with a PT

summer gtfo

>tfw haven't felt deep and beautiful infatuation for a girl since high school
>tfw have very superficial liking for certain girls but nowhere as meaningful as it was before

>Taking a paycut cos work is slow
>got dumped
>no friends where I live
>can't lift cos of injured wrist

Give me one reason not to kill myself

I am 22 years old and I have arthritis and I'm bald. I think my life is over.

My inner autism has combined with lifting to give me a resolve I didn't know was there.

Have you thought about volunteering yourself to become a cyborg?

I don't think the limb technology is there yet. And if it is, it would be very expensive

Thanks for the input. Sorry about your shitty luck I know this sounds easier said than done but have you tried applying for any out of state nursing jobs?

>get into elevator at my college dorm with 3 faggots and a lesbian
>they all reek of marijuana and alcohol and are drunk af
>stand at front of elevator to avoid their faggotry as they stand behind me
>Faggot A says to faggot B "come here let me kiss"
>faggot B steps closer to him but hear no kissing
>faggot A says "hey, come here and let me kiss you, pretty boy"
>puts his hand around my neck as he says this
>go fucking ape shit
>grab this cocksucker by his neck and pin him against the elevator wall and then punch repeatedly the metal wall against him
>faggot A freaks the fuck out and faggot B asks me to stop but I just elbow him in the neck
>"keep your faggot fingers off me and don't you fucking faggots ever fuck with me again!"
>gets off elevator and call them "disgusting creatures"

I'm really mad about this still and I haven't gotten this mad ever before in quite some time. All these bad memories that I've had from before started creeping me up on me again and I honestly don't know why.

Any anons know?

that's why i said volunteer, as in give your body to advance that shit at the cost of your life.

at least you dying for somenthing

Dese breads are bretty comfy

stuck in a year long lease that i can't get out of, so not yet.

Damn you can't sublease it?

nope, rental laws in state are shitty and really heavily favor landlords.

Nah I don't wanna die yet

>tfw best friend is my oneitis and most likely will never return my feelings
i just want a fairytale ending...

Eh, good and bad. I have a steady girlfriend now who's awesome and I'm training to be a pro wrestler. But I'm job searching so I can get paid better and move and it's not going well. Plus I've only been going to the gym like once or twice a week because wrestling takes so much out of me

Thanks for the advice, m8. Ill try to remember that next time I feel doubt.

Damn, thats not an adecuate reaction to that, I mean, completely innecesary violence. Why did you do acted so mad?

are you fucking stupid or just pretending to be?

euther way just stop

Tell me your problems, user

He was sexually assualted you dumb fuck

was molested when i was 11
my father used to whip me and my brothers with a horse whip (from 4 to 14 years old)
he made fun of me with his brother (my uncle) about me being molested, called me a cocksucker
currently addicted to opiates and benzos
will probably commit suicide soon

Things are getting better user push through!

You've always got us! Love you boy!

>tfw too poor to afford a gym sub etc in the city
>tfw can't get a job because tough studies
well, at least I can do some shit at home, did a few push up routines, planked and sat against the wall

It sure feels good to work out once again, used to train in a certain sport so I've got smth, but not enough obviously, can anyone give the chart of body levels?

I'm trying to IF and my boss and landlord both keep buying me beer and booze in social settings. I will drink 8 lonestars or a couple glasses of burbon, lose my focus so I can't study, widen the time not fasting, and feel like shit the next day.

They mean well and have done a lot for me, but god damn it. I'm never gonna cut if I'm drinking 1000cal of beer 3 nights a week.

Girlfriend of 6 months who I have hella feelings for just admitted she's loosing feelings for me, I tried hard to save it but it didn't work and ended up ending the relashionship. Feel a little bit unmotivated and depressed about getting new girls but hitting the gym and hanging out with buddy's tonight to make me feel better. I hope all is going well with you /b/ros.

i really want some fucking muffins rn

Are you implying that it is wrong to physically defend yourself from verbal and physical sexual harrasment.

What in your mind is the appropriate reaction. I'm just curious.

Why is it so unnaturally hard to get a good job and a cute girlfriend?

Why are student debt and house prices up 1,000,000%?

We know that money isn't going towards national parks, the environment, health care, mental health, or healing the inner cities like parts of Chicago. What sort of fucking nightmare world is going on here? I want to get a career in biofuels, but my local lab has had its funding slashed.

>girlfriend still not working out with me, eating better though
>personal training job fucking sucks, my last paycheck was $100 because the chain gym I work for is cancer
>get a second job and I still can't afford to move out of parent's house
>depression is worse than it's ever been, procrastinating getting food because I dont want to leave the house
>head constantly feels fuzzy and blurry, feel like day to day life is harder for me than everyone else

Why is existence so exhausting, Veeky Forums?

>What sort of fucking nightmare world is going on here?
Welfare, social benefits and social-stuff mostly, next one is prob economics/finances, I'm guessing you're from USA?

>I want to get a career in biofuels
Why not other branches of pharmacy/chemistry? Biofuels are a meme and it's right that that they are being cut down

A quick remark - if we were to plant oilseed rape (which rapes the farmland btw) or other culture that can be converted to biofuel the best, in all the possible farmable land in the world, it still would not make up for the demand of gas of today and even more of the future

oilgae.com/algae/oil/yield/yield.html

Algae biofuel, not rapeseed. Algae doesn't compete with other crops for farmland. You can use municipal waste water as a feedstock. The problem with it is that it's expensive to extract the oil from the biomass.

The source didn't work on that one. I used the study that's cited on wikipedia, but it's behind a paywall.

I could get laid in theory. But actually I don't even give a shit, hanging with this chick is boring, I'm boring and I can't even get it up. And she's fat, like my ex. Fuck me. I wish I was at work already

>Girl kept looking at me on the subway

If I see her four more times I'm gonna say hello brehs

Ask her to go get lunch one day, you can get coffee afterwards and chill out in a park, smoke some cigarettes or something

Shoot a school?

Too late m8

I started SS over a week ago, and my deadlift went from 85 to 105 when I was all warmed up which made me happy. Dunno if workout 7 days a week is a meme or the route to take as a new guy to lifting, I currently go 3 non consecutive days a week.
> t. 18 yr old skinny guy

Doesn't algae suck out oxygen from the water - killing any life in it? You'd prob have to grow it industrially in some reservoirs, I can imagine the costs on that one