Can light products help reduce weight?

I've got a theory hear me out but first some background:

I'm steadily losing weight since 2 months at a rate of 1kg per week however I lost 2kg in 4 days and I think its because of the light soda I drank my reasoning is this: Sugarfree compounds like aspartame basically trick in your brain into thinking it gets real sugar (i.e. energy) but it cannot process the artificial sweeteners hence dropping the blood sugar and increase cravings for sweets. Now here is my point: If you ignore those cravings (due to the diet) I think the body collects the needed glucose from your fat cells hence increasing weight loss.

What do you think about it? Besides the fact that light products are toxic as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/topics/diet-soda/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17828671
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, the body isn't that stupid.
The whole idea that artificial sweetners "trick" the body into doing ANYTHING has been disproven many times. The only people who claim this are quack momscience sites who hate corporations because "muh big pharma sugar industry" etc.

Diet drinks make no difference positive or negative to weight change.

Well if thats true than they must be positive for weight change due to the fact that they contain no calories.

They're neutral you idiot. You can drink anywhere from 0L to 20L per day of Coke Zero and not have anything happen to your body (aside from the world's worst stomach ache, of course).

If you gulped down 2liters soda with 860kcal and suddenly switch to light with 0kcal of course the "help" losing weight cause you dont gulp down 860 kcal im sugar.....

Also caffein

Youre literally wrong. It doesnt trick your body. It literally affects your body. Your body cant digest these chemicals but your microbiota/flora can. This is known and understood in great depth. There are species of bacteria that are found in our gut that can digest these and convert them to short chain fatty acids, which is then excreted. Our body can use these excreted products and that can mess with insulin levels and cause metabollic syndrome.

These mechanisms are well understood and determined to be causative, even when controlling for obesity, metabollic syndrome, leanness, diet, and more. I had to write a few papers on this for my microbiology minor. The research is all available online. Google "sucralose gut flora" and you can find most of them.

Only if you're physically incapable of not drinking coca cola, in which case yes, replacing full sugar coke with zero sugar coke will induce weight loss.

This however is impossible since carbonated beverages do not induce physical dependency, therefore you're just a lazy retard with no self control.

I'm already on a diet but I lost more weight than usual in the 4 days hence my theory.

But does the body turn to the saved fat cells into glucose once the insulin levels drop and you don't provide any nourishment?

Better off just drinking water. If your so addicted to cola you need to drink a 0 calorie or sugar free version your just scratching your itch with soda/sugar addiction. With that being said I do enjoy coca cola but I only have it like once a week. Moderation is key with everything friend.

ITT: tinfoil hat idiots

You can drink if you're dieting. I always drink Sprite Zero or Coke Zero during my cuts and it's never affected me negatively.

4 days might be fluctuation in water and intestine contents. Come back and show a steady downwards line within 6-8 weeks.

>If your so addicted to cola

I'm not but I wanted to try it after seeing a video that explains how aspartame works and now I experienced a weightless far above the usual levels and I wonder wether light products with the right diet can actively reduce your weight (i.e. to balance the artificial sunken blood sugar level fat cells get converted into glucose)

I'm already dieting for 2 months and currently sit at 89kg. My usual loss is 1kg per week and this is very stable however its 2kg in 4 days. Due to the long continuity I can say that its not just water weight.

I see your point. In the effort to make this as simple as possible. Just drink water. IMO I think diet soda is worse than plain soda

I do, 2L on "food" days and 3L on fast days.

>I think diet soda is worse than plain soda

That's because you're a total fucking idiot.

>diet soda is worse than plain soda
Why would you think that?

lol how often do you piss. I don't drink that much and I'm pissing all the time.

Every few hours, it also helps to suppress hunger during fast days.

ermm sweety its been known for ages that artificial sweeteners in diet soda pops is KNOWN to INDUCE FAT GAIN it tricks the liver into thinking its real sugar because its sweet

That's my point: If you're on a diet where you fast one day and eat the other during the fast day your body has no sustenance hence to increase the blood sugar levels it needs to tap into fat cells and turn them into glucose hence increasing weight loss. That's my theory at least.

a can of coke zero has 35mg of caffeine, if you drink 2L of it, you'll get 200mg of caffeine, thats enough to boost your metabolism a bit so you can lose weight, nothing significant though

Artificial sweeteners. I don't think that shit should be in your body. Soda is trash regular or diet. The only benefit to diet soda is if your a person who needs to have a soft drink all the time. I don't drink soda a lot but when I do I don't see a benefit in having a diet over a regular.

I know I water fasted to lose weight.

I do get watery diarrhea if I drink too much too fast. Is this normal or is my body reacting weird to it?

no your just flushing out. Pace yourself with the water. What's the longest fast you've done?

so is sparkling water as detrimental as drinking a soft drink with 10g sugar/100ml?

it isnt you fucking retard, and diet (sugar-free) soda is the same as sparkling water + colour and flavourings

kill yourself

>hurr aspartame isn't extracted from a plant so it must be bad for you
Fucking naturalist idiot. At least read about what you're talking about before spouting retarded opinions.
examine.com/topics/diet-soda/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17828671

Watch out for that edge. Anyway why drink sparkling water? Are you that addicted to sugar you just cant drink regular water?

>sparkling water
>sugar

nope

>why drink sparkling water

i was using it for comparison. stop projecting

>however I lost 2kg in 4 days
You almost certainly lost water weight. Did you change your diet in any other way, like cutting back on carbs or salt?
Don't get too excited about it, water weight is easily to lose and gain, you may see that number on the scale go back up again even while continuing to eat at a deficit.

I'm far from a naturalist.

I don't understand why your so angry over diet soda. Drink it if it works for you. I don't like it sorry

If you have an actual objection to aspartame besides "it's artificial so it's bad for you lol", I look forward to hearing it.

This thread anywhere else

>but muh daytime tv talkshow host said it meks me fat

I don't like how it taste. It makes me more hungry. I always consume more of the diet foods than real food. I don't think its the end of the world if you consume diet foods but you'd be better off just eating green veg complex carbs and protein and drinking water. If it works for you great for me it didn't

Well I can either drink a coke zero a day or I an drink a real coke, wonder which one is gonna make it easier to lose weight.

or just drink water.

Yes, that single can is literally the only thing I drink all day.

> Two options
> Both soda
Literally never going to make it

Its only one day. I fast on tuesday, thursday and sunday each week.

Great, excellent objections. Why not start with them next time?

>ou almost certainly lost water weight. Did you change your diet in any other way, like cutting back on carbs or salt?

No, its the same diet I did for 2 months and weightloss was until now very stable.

Chad drinks soda you fucking incel virgin cunt, go project somewhere else

>Triggered by the postings of others
Literally never going to make it

>Well I can either drink a coke zero a day or I an drink a real coke, wonder which one is gonna make it easier to lose weight.

My point is that maybe the artifical introduced low blood sugar by aspartame leads your body to burn calories by turning fat cells into glucose if he cant find any other sustenance (which is none if you're fasting).

Its not about the fact that light products have zero calories but that it encourages weight loss.

Idk why I didn't desu. I just try to eat as clean as possible so its just easier to say its unhealthy then to go for a in-depth explanation

Sugar substitutes don't "introduce low blood sugar". Not eating sugar does. And the arguments for and against keto have been rehashed 17 billion times already so you can just look them up.

Just fact checked this and you're right. It was just a hunch I got this morning but thanks for clearing this.