How's my OHP form?

How's my OHP form?

instagram.com/p/BV-yf6XHjiJ

Genetics is all that matters, demonstrated once again

315 is insanely impressive for OHP

Inb4 anyone who OHPs less than 225 tries to tell this dude about form lmao

I mean it was shit form, but still an impressive lift regardless. Not many could do that, even with shit form. Not sure if b8 for roast or actually you, but props to that dude.

wait a minute that's not you

yeah it's impressive, but the form is still pure garbage with a bounce start. He could lift impressive amounts with a good form - why lift slightly more with a shitty one? It's important to point out bad forms and what not so dyels don't fall for them

What is it he is doing at the start where he shifts the weight down then bounces it up.

Is it using momentum to help on the lift, looks kinda odd but if it helps I would try it.

Hip bump. Rippetoe's THE PRESS 2.0. The logic is sound, but I can't quite master it.

that's called a push press, it's a different exercise. form is terrible in the video he's obviously strong but this is a textbook ego lift and for that reason i'm out

form looks like shit but man that weight is impressive

It's not a push press his knees don't bend.

Not a push Press at all.

The idea is to send the hips forward at the start of the lift, then slam the torso forward to get under the bar. Idk why he's trying to bounce the weight up, seems like it would actually bleed some of the power you're trying to generate with the hips. Lay back was moderate but not excessive. For an all out 1rm with 315, I would say it looks pretty good. All you weak fags with 100lbs work sets can go fuck yourselves.

the bounce down triggers the stretch reflex. It's why you'll see olympic squatters bounce a bit in 'the hole'

Fucking teenager gains. Why didn't I drink a gallon of milk a day and lift during puberty?

WHile the feat is outstanding , we should also mention that Chase has been training at WFAC since he was 13. He's 19-20 now.
The guy also suffers from tier1 diabetes so what he does is really inspirational...
Strength training literally saved his life.

I'm pretty sure I slightly injured my back exactly because of this.

Nice standing incline bench press you homo

it's an olympic press. Olympic press and push press is about the same as they are just different ways to surpass the sticking point. The guy in the OP can probably strict press 230 lbs as a 1RM; which is really good (I've analyzed this ratio with numbers of old school oly lifters, olympic press = push press pretty much numbers-wise)

and to elaborate:

Push press = Initial leg drive followed by pressing motion

Olympic press = Initial press start followed by getting under the bar towards extension and then getting back up

First off you're strong as bulll, congrats. Second off, you're gonna fuck your body up lifting that heavy with such shit form. Widen your grip out, widen your stance. Explode through your hips pushing that up.

>slightly more

it's not slightly more, it's a good ~30% increase from the strict press. As said, the sticking point is mechanically unfavourable, which is why this huge gap exists.

kek

Sure it's impressive, but how long until he snaps his shit up?

>all that shit

Yeah its an olympic press but there are videos of him strict pressing 265. You literally went out of your way to justify you making up his perceived strict press max for what? Look cool on a forum?

Goddamn how is his spine not fucked to hell after that