Redpill me on Texas Method, Veeky Forums

Redpill me on Texas Method, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not actually from Texas

prove it

>going to the gym to do 3 sets

wat

rural and suburban retards are too stupid to exercise

Main exercises
you need to add accessories

ahhhh ok

Most people fuck it up because they treat it like SS Advanced.

Read what Lascek says about managing the volume and intensity days relative to each other. Then go back to Practical Programming; despite the hate Rip gets he's not an idiot and pulls from some oldschool ideas.

Then you might learn to think for yourself beyond memes and youtube fads, and finetune what suit your goals

Actually, it is. Mark Rippetoe helped design the program in his gym in Texas, and recommends it as the next step after you graduate from Starting Strength.

>Read what Lascek says about managing the volume and intensity days relative to each other

Where?

>helped design the program in his gym in Texas, and recommends it as the next step
im a huge fan of rippetities but he didnt

> I think Texas Method is inappropriate for most, and that 5/3/1 is one of the worst programs available
startingstrength.com/article/into-the-great-wide-open-the-texas-method-and-5-3-1

garbage for anything other than squat and deadlift

why?

70s big might have some info, but the texas method part one book has a good summary. You might also want to look at what lascek and others have written regarding variants of the original scheme. More hypertrophy and or accessories

It's shit compared to 5/3/1

Do the 4 Day variant instead

I agree with this 100%.

I ran both and the 4day was superior in every way. I felt like I had more freedom in terms of assistance exercises (did mainly upper body), and I made better gains. Bench went from 265 -> 345lbs in about 4 months.

Rip also literally says standard TM is for people who want to compete. It's not for recreational lifters, women, or people over 40. If you don't want to compete, rip recommends HLM after SS.

If your goal is a mixture of strength and aesthetics, you've exhausted your gains on SS/SL, and you don't want/can't bust your ass in the gym more than 6-8hours per week, then this is a really efficient way of obtaining gains.

Note that I said 'efficient', lets be honest in terms of time management, you really can't beat old school sets of 5s methodology. If your goal is a general mix of aesthetics and strength training this really is the greatest method (no pun intended) available.

People say it lacks volume for upper body, thus your bench and ohp dont go up very much

What does the 4 day split look like?

>squatting 3x a week
>making it

Pick one.