Lil bro is 12 years old. What kind of exercises can u get them to do...

Lil bro is 12 years old. What kind of exercises can u get them to do? I'm thinking 4 sets of 25 pushups 25 squats and 25 knee raises + 20 Australian pullups.

I'd focus more on guiding his diet, steer him away from soda and junk food and make sure he has a protein and mineral rich diet while he's growing. Also, encourage him to find a sport that he is passionate about. It's the funnest way for a kid his age to stay fit and will potentially introduce him to his future Chad gym bros. If he sticks with the sport, he will naturally want to lift in his teens to maximize his performance.

>mize his performan
he doesn't drink pop but hates meat he eats like 2 sandwiches a day. It's insane. Any other ideas for how he should get protein?

good luck, man. My brother is 20 years old ant I've tried for a long time to get him to move a little. Instead, he just answers that he's "not that kind of guy" and he just sits in front of his pc all his free time. Anything creative he refuses, anything good for his body he refuses, he just sits there all the time doing nothing but play Dark Souls, watching Family Guy clips and eating shit. He's still reasonably thin, but I can see him degenerate towards skinnyfat status in a matter of a few years or even just months.

I am worried as fuck about his health, so I really hope that you manage to do better than I did, man.

lift weights. i'm lifting weights with my almost 16 bro and he's already squatting 2pl8

read the sticky

SS is the only way for beginners

Cottage Cheese

MAKE THAT NIGGA DRINK M I L K WHOLE FAT NOTHING ELSE SO HE DOESNT BECOME A MANLET

Greek yogurt, cashews/almonds, peanutbutter, milk, whey powder if need be

lol I got my first set of dumbbells from Toys r us at age 8. I think the heaviest was 8kg. I wanted to be like ss2 Gohan.

Just did an assignnent on this; DONT LIFT WEIGHTS YET. Keep it in short manageable bursts of bodyweight exercises; airswuats, pushups, dips, sprints, that kind of stuff, maybe in a circuit. The bones arent fully formed til about 16 so im not saying a few curls will do damage but dont put any weight pressure on the spine.

>20 years
>still watching family guy

>been half a year since the last dark souls dlc came out
>he's still playing it
holy fuck at least make him something ((((((useful)))))) or tell him he's never gonna be (his favourite character) because he's weak.

>ss2 Gohan
The best

to be fair, he just got the DLCs a couple months ago. He beat NG+7 some time last week.

I could never get him to be interested in anything other than vidya and procrastination. I know he's on 2-3 dating sites too, completely oblivious of how those things work and expecting to find a long-term gf just by sitting on his couch. I'm starting to believe that he might be beyond saving at this point. I love him, I really do, but he's just so damn apathetic...

>I could never get him to be interested in anything other than vidya and procrastination. I know he's on 2-3 dating sites too, completely oblivious of how those things work and expecting to find a long-term gf just by sitting on his couch. I'm starting to believe that he might be beyond saving at this point. I love him, I really do, but he's just so damn apathetic...
get him on those Antidepressants.
I used to be like him and now I have goals.

>Australian pullups
So what... Handstand pushups?

candito started lifting at 12, and at 17 he already had the 3pl8 squat. you already know the answer

Complete meme, nigger.

>Antidepressants
Should be a last resort.

Squat, deadlift, bench, overhead press, and powercleans, son
Ilya Ilyin was 8 years old when he first started seriously training

Make him play a sport and watch his diet i.e no junk food. When he is 16 slowly get him into lifting start with SS

>So what... Handstand pushups?
It pullups but at an angle so it's easier.
>Ilya Ilyin was 8 years old when he first started seriously training
He's allergic ,-,
>k, man. My brother is 20 years old ant I've tried
Just got him to do 2 sets gonna get the other 2 l8r today. I have a friend like that, (he's 2 years younger) and have tried to get him on programs but he doesn't do anything. He's asked about stuff but never taken any serious action.

>1.74m

no thanks jeff

nuts, beans, rice. what kid doesn't like hamburgers? also, a sport early on is a VERY good thing to do to make sure he grows up sociable and healthy, unlike most who browse this site

do you want to make your lil bro a manlet? don't make him do weightliftiing even if it is just bodyweight it will make him a manlet.
make him swim , this is the best sport for a developping kid

Good luck. I agree with the others that diet is possibly the most important (and easiest) thing to help him with.
Can't really offer more advice about exercise, but just make sure he's not hurting himself.

it's great that you're helping him get off to a good start-he will be grateful.

I make my big brother (23 years old) to start to working out by buying a lot of workout equipment for our home gym.

this meme needs to end. There is no studies of weight training stunting growth, and OP good on you. Your lil bro will slay mad pussy

>NG+7
This nigger literally just played throught the same fucking game 8 times while there is so much better he could be doing. He is beyond help, I hope you can continue your bloodline user, because your brother won't.

Hide his games and console. Then make him watch maps of meaning by Jordan Peterson + How to improve yourself (It's basically about doing little thing within your power)
Awesome.
Ty for all the other replies super helpful.

Are you really the "little bro" bro?

Cut the bullshit.

Get him to join a sport. MMA, Boxing, Football, Ruby, Hockey, Wrestling, Jiu Jitsu. Just get him in a sport at a young age. The strength and conditioning he develops from those sports during his early development years alone will build him a incredible athletic foundation he will be grateful for going into his late teen years. Don't fuck with his diet either. He will only be young once. Pizza and pop on the weekend with his friends? Don't discourage that. He has all the time in the world when he's older to eat clean.

Lifting weights, altho I wouldn't do heavy compounds yet at 12. Best time to start doing it, all the extra test from hitting puberty is going to get him huge.

Get him to do mostly calisthenics for now

Good advice
Kind of a good advice minus the make him get some brain damage and get him eat lilke a slob cus "young forever".

All the rest are fucking retarded.
If you can somehow force him to do it then i would recommend:
Swimming, because cardio is always good, it will not compress his spine like an old fuck whos gettin dried disk's (thats the reason old folks get shorter with age).
And a second sport where he uses his legs, like massive usage, were talking about killin legs avery other day (like a sprinter?). Think something like Mike Alstott legs usage (MINUS the brain damage part).
And have him in a clean bulk with lots of oily fish and red meat with some nice intramuscular fat.
Because: Swimming like a maniac will help him develop some upper body (not crazy Kevin Lebrone size) BUT that with the metabolic shit going on because teenager and the abuse his legs are subjected i think hes gonna get a nice proportionate body