If my goal is purely hypertrophy is there any need to flat bench?

If my goal is purely hypertrophy is there any need to flat bench?

Dumbell exercises seem to target the chest far better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gcr4aVLHaXI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>seem
on what are you basing this? word of mouth or your few weeks of lifting experience?

chest isn't a single muscle

i hate you bodybuilding bro split faggots

>do I need bench brah?
yes you do

I can just feel it working a lot more

I've moved to a new gym and I fucking hate the bench they've got. I was getting pain in a tendon in my left forearm as well. Dumbells feel 10x better

>hypertrophy
I should probably filter this, but then half the board would disappear

Why do you have to flat bench?

>I can just feel it working a lot more
so do you also think that if you are sore you are actually getting stronger too?

disregard feeling, do both
do bench as a main and dumbbells for hypertrophy

progress linearly, eat, sleep

it's the best compound exercise for chest, all its variations desu
it doesn't matter what you feel, just make sure your form is good and progress, you can do other stuff you like more too, just don't neglect compounds, ever

don't forget OHP either

I was originally trolled by Veeky Forums into becoming a fat pseudo powerlifter

But now I've realised I just want to look good.

feeling doesn't mean shit in terms of effectiveness. you feel it more because it's isolation and less muscles are working together so it's harder. you might not feel the same way when you bench but that doesn't mean it isn't as effective

Why?

Hypertrophy workout works very good

I wish there were less of you childish idiots in the gym

Yeah, if you're on roids. Otherwise it's a complete waste of time.

>Hypertrophy workout works very good

fit king disagrees

youtube.com/watch?v=gcr4aVLHaXI

OP, flat bench is useless for looking good. Stick to incline dumbell and incline flies.
Don't listen anyone else on this thread or board for this matter; they are either retarded, don't lift/new lifters, or are fat wannabe powershitters

forever mirin that guy

3:15

Hypertrophy is also benefical for strength training fucking dyel

You definetely need to do volume for your arms if you're doing powerlifting routines just for the purpose of looking good

>Barbell bench to get stronger, use that strength to lift more weights with dumbbells, because of bigger weights get even bigger

I can feel it stretching my pecs a lot more, which is how I ended up with my first pec tear. Strain on DB bench from a fatigued 120kg DB press, then cometh bench a week later with 160kg warming up and torn. 2 years later, I can flat bench 170kg max (max was 190kg before) but my chest is my biggest bit.

I attribuite it to... not bench pressing, not DB press.... cable chest flyes! Second to that is bench press. DB was a load of shit, you just can't go heavy enough on it, it's riskier too.

On the contrary for quad development, a 260kg squat is what got my quads their size, nothing else. However, high rep leg presses and leg extensions really aided in that tear drop development, and of course losing fat just made it all the more noticeable.

rows got me my rear delts, pull ups my lats. Bench my front delts, OHP did fuck all and I OHP 140kg.

If your goal is pure hypertrophy, basic point is do machines, get stronger, it'll grow. Wont have much application irl tho.

No, doing higher weekly volume is. That's an American meme

>OHP did fuck all and I OHP 140kg.
bullshit

either you don't ohp that much or you are lying saying it didn't do shit

Guarantee my wilks is higher than yours

Veeky Forums is genuinely full of beginners who think the squat bench and deadlift are the be all end all of training

You don't OHP 3pl8 m8

I can't bench without triggering tendon pain in my forearm anymore I can't be fucked with it

i like how those numbers get unbelievable the more you read it

140 kg strict press

I've also moved to a new gym and my bench is about 10% lower here

I've started dumbbell benching a couple of weeks ago and I can alsready dumbbell bench more than I can barbell bench at this new gym it's a fucked lift

If you want hyperplasia you better

No you don't. Just use dumbbells and do some cable work when you get the chance.

How about you just do whatever the fuck you want at the gym and stop worrying about what a bunch of 15yo summerfags on the internet think.

What if you use dbs for your flat bench?

So dumbell flat bench is ok?

you're an idiot. any powerlifting and strength routine worth its salt has a hypertrophy or volume block so you can get bigger muscle and then make it stronger via strength training

just look at Chinese and Russian oly lifters and powerlifters. They do a fuckton of bodybuilding work

There are good arguments in favour of each, but unless you're in contest prep the difference is likely negligible.

I mix between both but that's only to mix things up a bit to make it more interesting.

As long as you're hitting decent volume, form is nailed, and you're increasing the amount you lift, you're golden.

Is decline any good?

I know that feel, bro. Powerlifting is fucking stupid. There's no achievement in lifting heavy if you look like a disgusting fat fuck. Aesthetics, like it or not, is the only real reason to lift.

You can have a greater range of motion and hit the chest better with dumbells.
In most gyms however, it is easier to progressively overload barbell bench.
I'd say use bb bench for a main power movement and add db bench as a hypertrophy/accessory movement

Powerlifting style training with accessories and while staying relatively lean is the most rewarding and fun way to lift imo
Westboro barbell style mummified fatass half-squatting is fucking stupid tho

>implying the Chinese and Russians aren't on a fuckton of Roids from birth
Gtfo

4-6sets x 8-12 reps are very good for mass, its been proven

Stop reading after this OP

lmao did jeffrey get jaw surgery? his face looks insanely different to how it did a few years ago

desu I buy into the broscience that you should mix it up so your muscles dont get too used to anything
I dont do it in any particular order, just if I go to the gym and all the bench presses are busy I'll do dumbbell and vice versa

i was thinking the same thing.

Jeff pls go

Bullshit. My best gains were on split. I've switched to 5x5 for a year, and despite gaining some strenght, size of my muscles barely increased. Then I went back to split and gained more muscle size within 3 months than I got on a year of 5x5