Sumo deadlifting is cheating

Sumo deadlifting is cheating.
The ROM is shorter than conventional.

It's not cheating, it's just a different lift.

so what?
roids are cheating, but if they are available to everyone it doesnt matter, thats why theres untested comps.

if you wanna be as """""good"""" as those using the """"""""""cheat""""""""" lift, then just do the fucking same.

fucking retard

cheating yourself maybe

Agreed

cheating who?
impressing a bunch of guys that are they gym equivalent of riding a Harley to be cool?
if it is improving you body who gives a fuck

>he cheats his ROM by not doing 20" trap bar deficits standing on a block
dyel?

>doesn't sumo to get those thicc glutes

Flatbench is cheating because it's easier than incline.

Honestly considering trying sumo because my retarded proportions ensure that if I set up correctly with conventional I get barely any leg usage and have to basically stiff leg 90% of the lift.

It's equivalent but slightly different
If compete in PL, it's legal, different people will do one or the other based on what works for them (like how some oly lifters squat jerk or split snatch)
If you train for a sport, one will probably be SLIGHTLY more functional but both are good
If you just lift, who the fuck cares?

not doing deficit trap bar deadlifts so that your knees are touching your chest is cheating

good thread OP, i'm currently making the switch to sumo as my proportions seem much more suited for it and it looks a lot less strenuous on the back.

Gonna use conventional deficit deadlifts and RDLs as accessory though, or at least that is my plan after the next 3 months or so.

Does this seem like a good strategy?

So you're tall? Long legs? Either way just use blocks. What's the issue.

buymp

It's less biomechanically advantageous for the vast majority of non-twinks and non-females

>sumo deadlift
I have trex arms, have a shitty back/core, use training wheels on a bike

>deadlift
The best way to make your lower back stronger, doesnt look stupid

Sumo deadlifts aren't even deadlifts.

it's slightly shorter. You're not cheating at all.

>Some people have a better conventional deadlift than sumo because of their proportions

>Some people have a better sumo deadlift than conventional because of their proportions

s-s-s-stop cheating!!!!

yeah fuck you OP, go do deficit deadlifts beltless and without straps or mixed grip to not "cheat" too.

I do trap bar deadlifts with the high handles because I don't compete in powerlifting and I don't care about impressing some fat guys. Enjoy your inferior ego-lift while I overload my traps, upper back, forearms, glutes and hammies with more weight than you

This^^^

What is the point of sumo

I don't get it why not just do full deadlift or a rack pull if you wanna load up more weight

>>Some people have a better conventional deadlift than sumo because of their proportions

This is almost never the case.

Literally almost every single IPF lifter >83kg pulls conventional. If sumo was somehow easier or automatically better, guess what? They would all fucking pull sumo.

if it were against the rules, it would be cheating

it's allowed by the rules

not cheating

>Literally almost every single IPF lifter >83kg pulls conventional. If sumo was somehow easier or automatically better, guess what? They would all fucking pull sumo.

Personal preference and maybe because they know sumo isn't a legitimate lift. Cry harder sumo fag.

Why do I find regular easier than sumo?

I have long legs.

you are fucking delusional. if it was an easier lift then why wouldn't they do it to increase their totals and do better?

Johnnie Candito has covered this a little bit. go watch his videos faggot

>Candito

Oh no wonder. You're him. Stop shilling your videos faggot. You're irrelevant.

>Personal preference
AKA this lift is not as mechanically advantageous for me as a conventional deadlift
>and maybe because they know sumo isn't a legitimate lift
lmao
because sumo isn't automatically "easier" despite whatever brainlets that cry about sumo try to tell you.