Why do schools not teach you how not to be fat?

Recovering fatty here, and I gotta say I am pretty pissed off at the school system for fucking with me. I took at least four health classes and all I learned was
1. Never have premarital sex (also condoms don't work, nor does the pill)
2. Be a vegan
3. don't eat any processed food
4. you will watch Morgan Spurlock's "Supersize Me" in every health class you take.
I did a bunch of shit, played football, gave up soda for 4 years, gave up dessert for 2 years, all sorts of stupid meme shit
3.5 months ago I hear all ya gotta do is eat fewer calories than you burn every day, and I've already lost 55 pounds!
what the fuck, why don't they ever tell you this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/weightloss/2010-07-07-calorieconfusion07_ST_N.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> Why do schools not teach you how not to be fat?
"That's offensive"

Because kids don't fucking listen and their parents will keep shoveling shit in their mouths anyway

who is more docile than a fat fuck ?

They used to back in the 60s. Physical Education has been slowly pulled back over the years.
IIRC, Illinois is the only state with mandatory Physical Education.
And even then some schools are shit. I have a friend who filled his PE requirement with bowling.

huh, quite the quadfecta so far
legit conspiracy theory
Complaining about SJWs
"You may not take advantage of this opportunity, therefor it should not exist"
Someone who it would seem did not actually read the OP
all I need now is a food metaphor and someone working in a Bane line and I'l have every Kingdom of Veeky Forums responses. Oh, and someone calling me a faggot

You are both a giant faggot and a whiney bitch

Because schools are run by liberals where they think everyone is equal and perfect the way they are.

If a teacher even implies a student is in anyway unhealthy they will lose their job.

I remember covering this stuff in biology but it was never applied to a real life context, and gym class was mostly broscience

Best you can do is not fail your kids

This.

You need to be fucking slapped.

>not understanding calories out > calories in is how you lose weight
Literally the dumbest thing I've seen online all day, even on a day when the Mooch (pic related) thought calling the New Yorker while he was coked out of his mind was a good idea.

People will always fixate on the sjw boogeyman, but in America it's always MONEY.

The people who sell the sugar and vapid calories don't want any official curriculum or standards to teach people to not consume and buy those products. They lobby, they throw money around.
>Huge donation from big company
>Realize that our nutritional education organization needs money to function
>Maybe compromise a little so we can suck the corporate teat a bit longer

>Introduce a bill about school lunches or nutritional education
>Lobbyists 'how dare you infringe on our freedom to shill sugar to children in their place of education!'

did you not read the OP or are you just a retard?

No, I did. You said school never taught you that you'd lose weight if you ate fewer calories than you burned. If you need school to teach you that, I don't know that there's anything anyone can do for you, idiot.

>Knowledge should magically appear in your mind with absolutely no suggestion that its true
So yeah, just retarded

>see fat people stuffing their faces with high-calorie foods all the time, not exercising
>see skinny people eating little, running and riding bikes
>see muscular people lifting weights
I know correlation doesn't = causation, but could you buy a fucking clue? You deserved to be fat all those years, moron.

Back to pol

Someone who actually has a brain. It's always funny to see people complain about SJWs that have no power. Big money runs this country, profit is put above people and everything else.

have you never been to a high school? skinny kids will be found drinking soda and eating cheetos all the time. you moron. you fucking imbecile.
Also, you seem to vastly misunderstand Calories in-calories out yourself, as eating calorie rich food doesn't actually mena you will become fat. quantity also factors in. I have been eating, generally, much more calorie-rich food as I've been losing weight, just eating less.
so no, you are just retarded

I agree with everything that you said. But its kinda odd.

I´ve always been amazed about how shitty can the american education system be, when it should be of the if not THE best in the world.

Im southamerican, the world laughs at our education, and even then we do not have to deal with that shit. Even the god damm teachers joke about that sometimes.

On a side note, if by football you meant actual football (soccer if you still dont get it) then fug u, you gotta run like fucking hell in it, if you were still a fatty practicing it you were doing something very fucking wrong. Now if ya meant burger football then Idk senpai.

If you talked to them, you would have found out that most of them practiced sports, went to the gym, worked ut at home, went runing, joging or swiming, etc.

Were you antisocial then?

>Hello, stronger from outside my friend group, may I have a detailed list of everything you have consumed this week, along with a separate log of the exercise you've done?
wow, what a retard

lrn 2 math, imbecile. High density is a factor

High quantity x high density = highest calories
High quantity x low density = moderate calories
Low quantity x high density = moderate calories
Low quantity x low density = lowest calories

And yeah, high schoolers can stay skinny while consuming a ton of calories, because they're using a ton of calories, nimrod. They are (or at least used to be) more physically active than most adults, and they tend to still be growing, at least a little bit.

There are things that if you can't figure it out on your own, nobody owes it to you to tell you. This is one of them.

You didnt have any friends in schoold didnt you...

Were I come from, everyone was friends with everyone. Sure , I had my group, but could still talk and hang out for a while with anyone.

The fitness theme often appears when talking. Its not really that hard to get to it, speciall if you are either really fat or ripped.

By your comment, it seems that, outside from your friends group, you didnt have any interaction with anyone.

No wonder everyone has been talking about your lack of intelligence.

Not popular enough to talk to any athletes confirmed. Maybe he had skinny friends who were skinny because they were poor enough free lunch was their only meal each day.

so yes, you are fucking retarded. knowledge does not magically appear in your head, user.
And, in your opinion, what is a tax-funded health class obligated to tell someone, since suddenly this is about "obligation"?
because...mostly it told me things beside calorie-counting were important for weight loss and health.

This.

Dickhead calories in calories out is a basic process in almost anything. If you at a fucking ton and did jackshit then no god fucking wonder you were fat.

the easiest thing in the world is to be athletic or at least skinny when growing up.

God, it's a good thing we have all these scientists, engineers, and mathematicians who see the world around them and set out to figure out how it works.

If everyone was as incurious as you, we never would have developed even rudimentary agriculture.

you are literally the only person who's been responding to me, the minute between posts ain't hiding shit.
So yeah, its not normal to ask that kind of stuff, and for that matter most athletic kids in high school will assert they owe their physiques purely to working out and leave it at that.
you fucking retard.

again, no is fooled, you qr clearly samefagging here, the individual posters number isn't even increasing.
no, they come from a background of education.

most women are fat.
most schoolmarms are women.
two and two.

yeah, about that

And athletic kids in high school do owe their physiques purely to working out. Active, competitive teenage athletes have to consciously work to intake enough calories to gain weight.

And can you learn another insult besides "retard" and variations thereof? Or do you need someone to spoonfeed other insults to you?

Alright, so i posted again. Fucking so?

If you are gonna be that nitpicky, then fucking fix your writing. It looks like a fucking monkey is typing with his feet.

Dont fucking complain that school didnt tell you how to post in Veeky Forums either

The last post was me. The other 2 werent, asshat.

And yes it is completly normal to talk about fitness, specially at that age, when everyone is dessesperate to get a sixpack

>no, they come from a background of education.
And who did they learn from?
And who did their teachers learn from?

At some point in the past, someone either just realized out of the blue that gravity is a thing, or actively sought out a combination of saltpeter, sulfur, and charcoal that would burn spectacularly, for example.

do you legitimately lack the intelligence to make a point in a single response? i mean, sorry you are a retarded person who thinks people magically create knowledge on their own...but that is not how the world works. perhaps you would not be so stupid if you didn't just expect to magically know everything as a result of sheer intelligent.
2 hints for ya
1. knowledge is learned
2. you are not intelligent

yeah, and someone had to spend his whole life an illiterate serf producing the basic raw goods a nation needed to exist.
the fact that someone had to do something does not mean everyone should strive to do it.
How can a human being be this stupid?
>dessesperate to get a sixpack
???

>1. knowledge is learned
Yes, and oftentimes it is learned via teaching. But learning also occurs by figuring shit out for yourself. Well, you don't, obviously, but the rest of humanity does.

>the rest of humanity
yeah, obesity rates in this nation suggest otherwise, retard.

Do you legitimately lack the intelligence to understand that I dont want to make a 2000 character wall on text?

Do you legitimately lack the intelligence to figure out things on your own?

Do you legitimately have such a lack of intelligence that you need to be spoonfed every single thing a normal kid could figure out on its own?

If you were such a social autist growing up that you didnt notice everyone wanted a sixpack at that age, Im starting to think you went to school in fucking zimbawe. Or there was a special classroom and area for you and your friends. I wonder if you even had any.

Jesus OP, its basic stuff its not rocket science. You complain you were fat, but couldnt figure out the simplest thing about fitness? And then blame on your school? Come the fuck on.

So the rest of humanity is america?

>Do you legitimately lack the intelligence to understand that I dont want to make a 2000 character wall on text?
no, I have the intelligence to realize linebreaks exist.
>Do you legitimately lack the intelligence to figure out things on your own?
"Waaah, you didn;t figure out this scientific theoory humans took ten of thousands of years to figure out by yourself! I unironically think every human on Earth does this regularly!"
>Do you legitimately have such a lack of intelligence that you need to be spoonfed every single thing a normal kid could figure out on its own?
we're not talking about anything normal kids figure out on their own. we cna prove this, by how many of them are obese.
>If you were such a social autist growing up that you didnt notice everyone wanted a sixpack at that age
Wasn't really a thing anyone talked about, no. you are just a retard with no idea what you are talking about.
>So the rest of humanity is america?
the rest with similar experiences to me, yes.
of the, 12% know how many calories to eat today
usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/weightloss/2010-07-07-calorieconfusion07_ST_N.htm
now, we can say, AT MAXIMUM that 12% of people with experiences even mildly similar to mine figured anything out on their own, but I'm going to bed a decent number of them were taught.
so shut the fuck up you fucking retard.

>"Waaah, you didn;t figure out this scientific theoory humans took ten of thousands of years to figure out by yourself! I unironically think every human on Earth does this regularly!"

I didnt need to consult a southafrican avocado sculpting forum to figure out how to lose weight. After you reach a certain age you should have figured out that if you are a fucking slob, do nothing all day and eat more on a day than your mother does ina week, you are gonna be fat

>we're not talking about anything normal kids figure out on their own. we cna prove this, by how many of them are obese.

Do you even know there is a world outside america? Maybe there half the school if fat, but everywere else, the amount of skynny an athletic peaple is fucking huge compared to the fat people.
>If you were such a social autist growing up that you didnt notice everyone wanted a sixpack at that age

If you didnt talk to anyone, how can you know if they didnt? Werent there any skinny peaple at your school? did you go to school at a fucking mcdonalds

>now, we can say, AT MAXIMUM that 12% of people with experiences even mildly similar to mine figured anything out on their own, but I'm going to bed a decent number of them were taught.
so shut the fuck up you fucking retard.

You dont have to know exactly how many calories you have to eat to gain or loose weight, at that age.I have never counte calories, and have never been fat. Explain that.

>the rest with similar experiences to me, yes.

So every fat person in the world is american?

OP can you make any sense?

>After you reach a certain age you should have figured out that if you are a fucking slob, do nothing all day and eat more on a day than your mother does ina week, you are gonna be fat
none of these things happened, user. You seem to vastly misunderstand what is needed for a person to become obese
>the amount of skynny an athletic peaple is fucking huge compared to the fat people.
and you unironically beliee thats because over there each and every person independently rediscovered modern nutrition all by himself?
>If you didnt talk to anyone, how can you know if they didnt? Werent there any skinny peaple at your school? did you go to school at a fucking mcdonalds
Your quote has absolutely nothing to do with the random bullshit you said, and as such I am ignoring said random bullshit
>so shut the fuck up you fucking retard.
"hey guys, shouldn't schools teach kids how not to be fat?"
"No, kids do that on their own"
"But I can prove they don't"
"Shut the fuck up!"
>You dont have to know exactly how many calories you have to eat to gain or loose weight, at that age.I have never counte calories, and have never been fat. Explain that.
Oh, so you don't understand calories-in calories-out either. Your just a guy who was never predisposed to unhealthy eating and in actuality knows jack fucking shit about health and fitness but pretends to because he's a spooky skeleton man
You vastly misunderstand the human ability to rationalize, especially in application to yourself.
>So every fat person in the world is american?
Most people who went to American high schools are fat
>OP can you make any sense?
Yes, but retards like you are incapable of actually grasping any sort of reasoning. for example, you conflate not knowing something with being stupid, because you think knowledge magically appears in the heads of smart people.

Its the easiest thing there is. If you didnt get it in school you are beyond saving. Period.

Im not gonna keep tellingthe same arguments over and over again beacue you clearly cant get the most basic stuff.

Im just gonna tell you this, they dont teach how not to be fat in school beacuse its so damm simple and obvious.

>being so BTFO you can't even give a (you) for fear of having your buttblasting pointed out
Also, its not obvious user. if it were obvious, we wouldn't have so many fatasses. if it were obvious, we wouldn't have so many people with no idea what their caloric needs are. if it were obvious, you would actually know jack shit about what you were talking about.

The fact that YOU have that many fat asses isnt due to lack of knowledge, is due to laziness.

They preffer eating than workin out. Yes it is obvious.

As I said before, you dont need to know your exact caloric needs to have a good body. As I said before, I have never counted calories and have never been fat.

Also, I did figure it out when I was young, you didnt, so dont go telling me Im the one who doesnt know jackshit.

>Most people who went to American high schools are fat

Mother of good this is why I can point out everything in just one post. You say too much bullshit...

Western culture has turned into decadent all-inclusive horseshit.

If you go to ANY asian country, you will quickly realize fat people are publicly shamed and it's normal. Asian family members, grandmothers, siblings, relatives, will fucking grill you if you get fat. There is no 'sensitivity' bullshit

Not OP. Not only in asia. EVERYWHERE.

it's really sad, people don't even have basic respect for their bodies anymore, why the fuck would you expect them to have respect for anything else if the thing tying them to this world is a piece of bloated crap?

no, you can't point it out because you are retarded.
>The fact that YOU have that many fat asses isnt due to lack of knowledge, is due to laziness.
"I'm so completely wrong my only resort is posting made-up lies and screaming when they are pointed out as made-up lies"
>They preffer eating than workin out
????
>As I said before, you dont need to know your exact caloric needs to have a good body.
How fucking retarded can a person be? how are you this ignorant? moreover, you precisely prove my point. you never figured out jack shit, this is not something in any way obvious.
>Also, I did figure it out when I was young
no you haven't, you still haven't figured anything out. you have literally no idea how nutrition works. you have no idea how weight loss works. and something tells me your body aint all your crackin it up to be.
you are just an angry retard.

Hey, sorry it took so long to respond, I just figured that even a retard like you would remember he said he wasn't talking anymore for more than an hour, but once again I managed to overestimate you. Bravo, user, your mental deficiency truly knows no bounds.
Such as your constant bragging about not knowing anything about calories mixed with your assertion that anyone with an ounce of intelligence would get it, surely you realize the irony here, do you not?
no, you can't point it out because you are retarded.
>The fact that YOU have that many fat asses isnt due to lack of knowledge, is due to laziness.
"I'm so completely wrong my only resort is posting made-up lies and screaming when they are pointed out as made-up lies"
>They preffer eating than workin out
1. how does one Preffer something?
2. What is the antecedent for "they" in this sentence? you didn;t really establish one.
>As I said before, you dont need to know your exact caloric needs to have a good body.
How fucking retarded can a person be? how are you this ignorant? moreover, you precisely prove my point. you never figured out jack shit, this is not something in any way obvious.
>Also, I did figure it out when I was young
no you haven't, you still haven't figured anything out. you have literally no idea how nutrition works. you have no idea how weight loss works. and something tells me your body aint all your crackin it up to be.

Wait, lets just settle what the thread was actually about
What should my health classes have taught? Name one good reason a health class wouldn't give an actually effective education in how to lose weight?
let me guess, you get triggered by the question and cry about me asking it because you are too far below average IQ that such a thing only makes you irrationally angry.
Because you are a fucking retard who knows jack shit about what he is discussing

wow, people who make shitty comments sure get mad at people who point it out. who coulda thunk

Never said I wasnt gonna talk to you, I said im not gonna repeat myself.

>"I'm so completely wrong my only resort is posting made-up lies and screaming when they are pointed out as made-up lies"

Ok so, you are fat. School doesnt do anything about that. Shouldnt you do something? Think about how to get Veeky Forums? If you cant figure it out yourself, then its ok to ask, but come on, its basic stuff.

>2. What is the antecedent for "they" in this sentence? you didn;t really establish one.

Fat kids.

>no you haven't, you still haven't figured anything out. you have literally no idea how nutrition works. you have no idea how weight loss works. and something tells me your body aint all your crackin it up to be.

I.HAVE.NEVER.BEEN.FAT. YOU.HAVE. who do you think knows more.

>What should my health classes have taught? Name one good reason a health class wouldn't give an actually effective education in how to lose weight?

In my health class we NEVER EVER talked about that. No one of had to be taught how to NOT BE FUCKING FAT.

Yet, there were few fatties. Everyone was athletic to some degree.

Why do think that was like that OP? Beacuse its obvious. Cant you get it? Schools dont teach that beacuse its fucking obvious.

It requires so little effort to be fit while growing up that there is no reason for schools to teach it, as kids FIGURE IT OUT THEMSELVES. Sure help is always welcome, and some of them require more help along the way than others, but everyone figures it out sooner or later. Nobody needs a fucking teacher for that.

Except you that is...

>Shouldnt you do something?
yes, and I did. but school should have in a class called "health"
also, great job not referencing those lies you made up to defend your shitty arguments
>I.HAVE.NEVER.BEEN.FAT. YOU.HAVE. who do you think knows more.
me. because I've done research and actually know any of what I'm talking about.
You know literally nothing, which you have openly bragged about repeatedly.
Which, again, is evidence of your retardary.
also, no, I don;t believe you've never been fat. I think you just arbitrarily decreed you were never fat based off of nothing, just like ho you arbitrarily decided how health works based off of nothing.
My point is, you need to count calories, weigh yourself, keep track of intake, etc. You seem to be living a very unhealthy lifestyle and be in denial about a lot of obvious shit.
>In my health class we NEVER EVER talked about that. No one of had to be taught how to NOT BE FUCKING FAT.
which is why you are an ignorant fatass on Veeky Forums who doesn't even know how unhealthy he is, and not someone doing something on a Thursday night.
>It requires so little effort to be fit while growing up
"I'm going to post more made-up lies"
geez, you are so fucking retarded.
>as kids FIGURE IT OUT THEMSELVES
no they fucking don't, you fucking retard. there is an obesity epidemic in this country, what you are saying is yet another blatant lie.
>Nobody needs a fucking teacher for that.
Yes, most people do, such as you, some ignorant fatass on Veeky Forums who has literally no idea how unhealthy he is.
also, you did exactly what I said, got triggered and went into rhetoric.
basic math is also obvious, but they teach that in school. DO you think kids shouldn't be taught math since they will "figure it out for themselves"?
retarded logic like yours is what keeps kids illiterate, ya fucking retard.
Prove to me you are actually healthy and not just some ignorant fatass posting ignorantly. Which of course you can't.

You are doing the exact same thing im doing, what the hell are you doing calling me out for being on Veeky Forums.

You are calling me unhealthy, when you said you were a fatass. There is an obesity epidemic in YOUR COUNTRY, something the rest of the world laughs at. Who said I was american in the first place.

I havent ever needed to count calories, beacuse I have never been too fat or too skinny. Neither do I currently.

It helps to count your calories and stuff, but honestly, if you dont more than your entire family combined, you wll be just fine.

If in your school 75% of the kids were fat then I dont fucking know what to tell you. I cant belived that the entirety of America's youth is that dumb. Im calling bullshit on that.

Everywere else in the world you see a shitload of athletic or skinny kids in schools, and only a few fatties. Why do you think is that?

up, didn't prove you weren't a fatass. Probably because you are a fatass. Probably because you know nothing about nutrition. Probably because you are a retard who thinks your shitty opinions are facts

so what, do I need to take a pic of myself for you to belive me?

You know what? I dont care. You can belive whatever you want. In the end, you are the fat one, and the one who thinks kids should be taught something they figure out by themselves, just beacuse he was a slob and blames his school instead of himself for his failure.

I need proof you are not a fatass, because by all means you sound like one.
you are engaging in blatant fatlogic, after all.
>you are the fat one
no, that's you. because you don;t know about nutrition, and you have pretty clearly proven your fatness by denial.
>the one who thinks kids should be taught something they figure out by themselves
they do not and I have proven this multiple times,ya fat fuckin retard.
>his failure.
I'm actually getting skinny, you are the one doomed to be a fatass forever cus ya know jack shit about nutrition.