Let's talk SHOULDERS

What's the secret? I can do lateral raises till the cows come home but my shoulders won't grow. Strict form, cheat reps, slow, fast, bands/cables/dumbbells, I've tried it all. Tried heavy OHP with variations too. Tried heavy rows. Tried shoulders 3 times a week, tried it once a week.
How am I struggling so hard with getting bigger/wider shoulder when there are plenty of skinny/ottermode guys everywhere that just have massive medial delts for free? Seeing how hard Veeky Forums rips on fatties for 'muh genetics,' everyone here is pretty quick to jump to that excuse when it comes to narrow shoulders. I just don't buy it.
There's gotta be something. Does bad posture affect shoulder gains? Are my rounded shoulders doing me in? Do I need some external rotation during lat raises?

I'm not using too heavy weight. I'm eating enough. Let's assume my form is perfect for arguement's sake. What other factors are there? Do you really believe in mind muscle connection?

Also I"m not on gear.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-MIweO9f23A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mind-muscle connection

how much are you doing on OHP?

its progressive overload man. If you can get the 100s for 4 sets of 10 reps on dumbell overhead press, your shoulders will grow.

where is your back???

I would just do variations of lateral raises with drop sets ad nauseum with progressive overload.

Try laying lateral raises also

>If you can get the 100s for 4 sets of 10 reps on dumbell overhead press, your shoulders will grow.

Yeah this isn't happening at any point lmao
>doing 10 reps of the equivelent of 2pl8 ohp

newbie here. my two cents: before getting into weightlifting I did a pseudo-crossfit workout thing, and did a shitload of kettlebell presses. low weight, massive volume, often to failure, probably shitty form, several times a week, etc. to this day my delts and traps are the only muscles that I kind of actually developed. take that as you will

heavy OHP, rippletit's sets of fahves
high volume lateral raises and face pulls

fucking DYEL

KLOKOV PRESS
FARMER CARRIES
BAND PULL APARTS

YOU'RE FUCKING WELCOME

I've tried OHP variations and facepulls/pullaparts. I really don't think it's a matter of exercise choice, but that's always what everyone immediately jumps to.
You can't seriously tell me these DYELs with wide shoulders are doing klokov presses and band pullaparts?

How long have you been lifting?

stop complaining and just lift bro.

If your genetics are shit, just roid lmao.

Don't just do. Provide them with progressive overload. I guarantee that if you take your overhead press and increase it by a plate then you'd see growth. Heck increasing it by 20 pounds and I got great gains. It took some time but it's worth it.

'muh genetics'

Similar prob to op.

What's the deal with this? How does the guy on the left not have wider delts, I guarantee he can OHP more than the other guy? This can't just be a 'genetics things right?

Had the same issue have been noticing some good changes with a few tweaks.
Your OHP actually shouldn't be that heavy if your goal is building your delts. Try a more moderate weight (one you can to 8-12 reps with reliably) and make sure you're moving the weight from in front of your face to over the top of your head.
As for lateral raises I found cable works best, but you have to make sure you're doing the bent arm variation and you're not bringing your arms back to rest at your sides. When you do that you're using momentum from other muscles to help move the weight up. Stop your self about 3/4 of the way back down and then raise it back up from there. This is a finisher so a higher rep range is better as it will force a greater stretch in the muscle tissue.

yeah, it's called bone structure

That is just angle, lighting, and stance. The guy on the left has bigger delts but notice how the guy on the right has his arms are tucked behind his back? That helps them pop out more. The guy on the right is allowing his arms to roll forward which is bad posture for showing deltoids. Also the lighting is vastly different.

i dont care what the DYEL are doing
im telling you how to get wide shoulders you fucking faggot

do all these i told you 3x a week for a month
take before and after pictures

then post here saying:
>t-thank you user

guy on the left is shopped, guy on the right is a genetic freak

Go rucking you fucking faggot

This. Although in an incline is just as good. This kills the DYEL.

it's all FRAME bro

FRAME
R
A
M
E

just keep making progress on heavy OHP and finish with lat raises. i prefer to use kettlebell on my lat raises and do one side at a time, cheating a bit with my body for the last reps.

That guys back sucks

Clearly just does bench/curl/abs

Do this 3-4x every 2 weeks:

Work up to three heavy sets of ohp, 3-5 reps. Don't go to failure. After that take off 20-25% and do a set of 12.

Do this twice a week:

Standing db ohp with your wrists in line with your torso to target the lateral head.

Lateral raises, 5 sets of 10. Rear delt raises, 5 sets of 10. Use dumbbells and cables.

>i dont even exercise just play sports with my friends
>big genetic frame and small waist makes me look better than 99% of "Veeky Forums" meatheads

>lateral raises
lmao

you see you just answered your own question

the secret for great shoulders is to not be a silly cunt and lift heavy weights
pumping your faggy 10lbs dumbells for a trillion reps will give you no results

You either have broad shoulders or you don't

Swim 3 hours a week during puberty.

>What's the secret?
youtube.com/watch?v=-MIweO9f23A

>I work out all day and I won't grow!!
EAT.MORE.FOOD.

lateral raise and ohp. I add machine shoulder press as kind of a volume ohp substitute. Works well.

hitting other things besides just shoulders is essential for shoulder development. also this guy's genetics make it look like his back muscles don't pop out at all. or am i looking at this right?

what's the difference between a handstand push up and an ohp with the same weight?

>I can do lateral raises till the cows come home
That's your problem right htere, too many reps, go for 6-8

I gurantee you don't rep 100lb dbs for ohp. Stop talking like it

ronnie suggests 10-20

whatever, but if hes doing em "till the cows come home" then hes an idiot who probably does 5 series of 100

just keep it under 12 for your MAX effort

but why does he suggest 10-20? just curious.

because if you go super ultra heavy the difference between8-12 and 10-20 is not so much.

also, hes not a profesional scientist, even tough hes the one getting strong, he doesnt have the slightest idea how the body works

the ones who know how the body works are scientist and they say that the 8-12 rep range is ideal for growth

GENETICS

>left
Anime character
>right
Anime fan

so that wins with growth... would the 10-20 thing help with anything in comparison to 8-12?

i dont think so

I've seen some decent shoulder gains the past few months.

Shoulder day 1:
z-press 3x8 with 4+ warm-up sets. heavy push presses usually something like 5x3 or 4x4.
usually warm up past my working weight to a 1rm then drop down to working weight.
Dips
Lateral raises 3x8-12

Day 2:
Military press 3x8
Ohp 5x5
Db ohp 3x8-12
Meme machines or more dips
Lateral raises 2x12

I like to add log presses in every now and then too, but not many gyms have these. Sometimes do Viking press instead of lateral raises

do lateral raises like 3x/week and make sure you're actually lifting with the lateral delt, not front delt nor traps. and do something for your rear delts too

thats all it took for my shoulders to blow up 2bh pham. my front delts have always been decently sized because of a strong ohp, but after doing lateral raises they B L E W U P.

if your shoulders dont get big from that, you're probably not capable of getting them to genetically srs. but with that said, gear makes EVERYONES shoulders blow up, so if you want them that bad you its time to jooc

Balance your muscles trained (front, middle and back delts), and DO FACE PULLS. Including 2x15 face pulls as your first exercise will make your shoulders feel excellent. Do them on any day you train your upper body.

>shoulder day

nice memesplit

Behind the neck press
Upright rows
Facepulls

Get them burning and pumped every workout. Who cares what the exercise is. Mix it up. Been doing pic related recently, can adjust the angle of my press, feels good.

Some koreans have insane shoulder width

side raise
front raise
bent-over raise

military press
upright row (dumbbell dont goof)

>bones are genetic though
>dont cry

how is it that they have broad shoulders while being feminine in every other way possible? i mean look at this fucking width

jelly as fuck 2bh

yeah but it's only noteworthy to talk about because of how rare it is for koreans to have them, due to be feminine as fuck in general

lol bro somebody didnt use PCT nice gyno

That's just his bone anatomy, I have shitty shoulder width too and they look wider with side laterals but yeah, he's got wide shoulders through bone structure too.

Oh shit here they come. You can stop, OP.

It's all about your insertions. If you shoulders looked narrow before you started lifting, they're never going to look wide. The only way to sort of cheat your shitty shoulder width genetics is by roiding and getting massive 3D delts, but even then, you'll still look narrower than some DYEL who happens to have good genetics.

i feel like getting big lats will raise your shoulder width. Since your arms naturally rest on parts of your lats, have bigger lats can push your arms out. Ofc its just an illusion

It will definitely look like that from the back at least, especially if you have massive traps.

>weighted push ups
>Weighted dips

I had a 1.1 Bodyweight bench press and my shoulders look better now with weighted Push-ups/dips than they did with the press.

Front and ESPECIALLY medial delts.

>1.1 Bodyweight Overhead press-not bench press
Whoops

That's called Full Range of Motion fag

BEHIND THE NECK PRESS
WIDE GRIP UPRIGHT ROW
LATERAL RAISE

As a natural lifter you NEED to be lean for nice defined shoulders and V vaper.

PLEASE post your physique. I want to see what heavy weight does.
If it helps also post a video of you pressing 100's. would love to see it.

Faggot.

one way ticket to snap city

This.