Any former military here? I want to become a Navy SEAL and I need help on how to prepare for it...

Any former military here? I want to become a Navy SEAL and I need help on how to prepare for it. What types of workouts should I be doing? Also, would it be a good idea to do martial arts?

hold your breath for at least 2 minutes while repeatedly punching yourself in the stomach. do this in reps of 1000 every day for a year

I'm exmilitary, worked close with our country's special soldiers and some NSeals who were visiting. Don't bother doing martial arts, it bears no relevance whatsoever. You need to get physically robust and endure anything. I suggest walking around with a 100lbs backpack, freezing and not sleeping at all for a week. Do this repeatedly and you will get what you need, which is really, mostly willpower.

In essence what you need is endurance to hold out for long periods and being able to quickly recover. You also need strength to be able to lift wounded buddies out effectively.

I'll bite. I am friends with a Navy SEAL and an Airborne Ranger, and both have said what matters most is endurance. The military doesn't care what your 1RMs are, they want to know if you can carry heavy loads for hours at a time.

If it were me, I would split my time three ways: lifting heavy, bodyweight exercises, and long distance cardio. The goal is stamina and strength, not aesthetics.

I'd also start practicing meditation regularly. You'll be run through the wringer every day, and your mental fitness will be just as important as your physical fitness.

My friend is former Navy and he worked with a lot of BUD/S studs who were huge as fuck but couldn't handle other portions of SEAL training. Endurance is huge and a lot of guys apparently were immediately dropped during swim test qualifcations. Mental willpower is the biggest factor tho

Run alot do calisthenics and work on your will power religiously

You just gotta want it and be able to endure whatever it takes to get through. You can be a nervous wreck with shit eye sight and theyll find a way to wiggle you in if you truly want to be in.

I know for Recon and Marsoc in the Marines most guys get dropped for failing swim quals.

Work on your swimming. Prepare to be drowned, have to pull a brick up from the bottom of a pool, tread water with your arms tied behind your back for half an hour and other ridiculous shit.

>robust

Navy Seals are antifragile

Best thing to do if you want to be a SEAL is to not take a single piece of advice from this site.

Visit sealswcc and r/navyseals for workout info. This place is for shitposting only.

T.
9:00
7:45
give or take (haven't done a PST in a while)

I'm currently a Navy Diver, basically what you need to do is just train for shitloads upon shitloads of endurance as in:
Run 2 miles then do 50 pushups 50 situps 50 flutter kicks, pull ups if you have a bar. Then run another mile and do those exercises again. Repeat that process

Swimming is huge, you should be treading water as long as you can with a 20lbs plate if you can or work up to it. Basically you need to live in the water.

Theres no point in doing martial arts right now.

>Best thing to do if you want to be a SEAL is to not take a single piece of advice from this site.
tru

cool i got a buddy as a navy diver

says his Actually MOS says hes a Submarine Rescue or someshit is that true? i kekd hard when he told me that

MArin Core here so think sailors are pretty gay no matter what your mos is but i was just cuirious

USMc airwing here, a lot of sailors I work with are cool cats and good drinking buddies.

Not OP, I can do all that, But my run time is fucking garbage. Actually putting together a packet for Army OCS, might switch to National Guard or go reserves tho. Don't see a point in going active if we ain't at war.

How to get run time up with shit ankles and years of smoking? ( I quit). Endurance is awesome for some reason. I can trek for 15 miles in about 4 hours with a 45 lb bag. Get me to go anywhere above a jog and I'm finished though

corpmen are about the only sailors i know beside my two boys from back home
thyere pretty kewl

Do 30/60s and 60/120s. If you go to the fit running threads they'll say just trot along for miles and miles at a relaxed pace. Fuck that. You can throw in a relaxed distance run once a week.

If you just care about aceing the 2 mile or occasionally something longer do intervals.

Practice ruck running 10 miles with 100+ pounds. Practice swimming in the Ocean for 2 hours straight. Let someone drown you, beat you, spit on you, and make you do random exhausting bullshit until they get tired. Practice shooting a low quality AR15 at 500+ yards with an RCO of which the reticle doesnt illuminate from the hours of 5am to 5pm. Do this on 2-4 hours of sleep per night. You will be prepared for any military training in the world.

I'm more concerned with the 2 mile. Like I said, a steady pace is no problem for me. I can crank out 75 pushups, 80 crunches in the 2 minute allotted time back to back. But after that my run time is like 17 minutes for the 2 mile. 16 just barely if I push it.
Buddy said if I commission my run time needs to be strongest. Apparently that's all officers do.

Do not listen to this retard. Never run with a ruck unless you're at selection or getting shot at.

Get fucking good at swimming. Get fucking good at swimming. GET FUCKING GOOD AT SWIMMING.

>Not practicing ruck running when you have to do it for selection
You're an idiot. As bad as it is for you, if you're not used to running in a full combat load you will fail miserably. I'm MARSOC not a SEAL but I imagine the training is similar in rigor and bullshittery.

In the ocean

>I'm fucking marsoc
No you're not sweetie.

We are at war, fool.

Stationed at Stone Bay right now bud. Not that saying that will convince you of anything. Also didn't say "I'm fucking MARSOC" because that sounds like I would be making it up.

C A R D I O

let me see youre Dagger time stamp breh and ill show you mine

No we are not. We are just participating in conflicts. The fucking recruiters themselves have been busting my balls for forms and shit telling me they can be as picky as they want because we are NOT at war.

Until they get the rubber stamp of approval from Trump they can pick and choose whoever.

Sending special forces and supplies to Syria or Iraq does not constitute war.