Who else only works out to get stronger here and just eat what they want and put aestethics secondary...

Who else only works out to get stronger here and just eat what they want and put aestethics secondary? I try to eat as healthy as possible but I don't see the point of just controlling your diet and shit down to every gram of what you're going to eat.

Stronger and healthier, I should add

No one. You are a fitness snowflake.

im just trying to lose my gut fat and fat around obliques, but it seems impossible without actually hardcore training and diet

Well yeah, there's no such thing as "spot fat reduction", you gotta reduce your overall bodyfat which is tedious. Train, eat proper and eat at a deficit, do this for long periods of time, and there you go, not harder than that. The hard part is doing it, but that's only as hard as your willpower makes it. And you're solely in control of your willpower.

i already lost 20 kgs, and i am basically in best shape ever in my life, but still that belly fat, im trying to eat proper high protein food, no sugar and shit and shit, still no luck.
And its not like i weight much im 185cm, 74kgs, and only place i have fat is on gut and obliques, even though i have visible fucking 6pack even with all the fat over it. Fucking making me mad.

Me, but I compete in a few martial arts, so I can't go overboard foodwise. Just eating healthy and staying within cutting distance while training for strength is all I need really.

>lifting to gain strength you will never use functionally
Nah that's fucking stupid dude

You don't have to strength train to be able to lift your house off the foundation. Even doing yard work or messing around in the garage is easier when you are strong. Yeah, I fell for the bait, sue me...

eating high fat moderate protein low carb

will make you look good without steroids, it is a very difficult and depressing life style since everything good is carbs

Lifting literally at all is useless. You literally just have more muscle that does absolutely nothing. Not a whole lot of health benefits. Light resistance training is good enough to achieve those benefits anyway. If you want real health benefits, start running and doing cardio. There is no point in lifting aside from ego.

Literally just getting by in day to day life is "functional strength" you dipshit, unless you sit on your ass for 18 hours a day, do you know what your legs and core does? And I don't lift, I do calisthenics and cardio.

I'm a recovering 6'3 skelly, went from 65kg to 84kg in just over half a year, I lift to be proportionatelly heavy for my height (full body 3x a week compounds mostly routine) but I try my best to keep things proportional and aesthetic.

I don't count anything. I just eat normal good food and weigh myself every morning. I'm losing weight now, lost 6 kg in 2 months, will continue a couple of kilos still. Strength levels have not dropped. Gym 3 times a week, run 2-3 times. It's working just fine. No need to weigh food and count calories like body builder homos.

that's what I do.
I work out strictly to get stronger and able to do more impressive bodyweight moves on rings and on bars/ground.
no set routine, just work out 3 or 4 times a week working toward harder moves each time.
no focus on food either, just make sure to have protein and I like to feel like I'm eating enough but I don't count calories.

That's what I do as well, do calisthenics and ring work and I want to start doing triathlons, and only focus on getting enough protein. But I'm tall and heavy, 6'3 and 200 lbs, so I'm wondering if I need to start focusing on losing weight more to get better at calisthenics moves and running/cycling/swimming since I'm weak as shit right now, I can barely do incline rows and incline pushups. I'm going to start swimming as well.

I use functional strength daily. I do technician work in carpentry and lots of other manual labor handy man things.

Today I worked all day lifting 120 lbs Timber logs and 150lb stones.

Then I when I got home I chopped wood and carried it to my shed, prepping for winter.

I'm and I'm 6'3" 185, you're fine just keep at it and eat lots of protein
it's unlikely either of us will be doing iron crosses with ease, being so tall, but it's worth striving for

Why don't you just go ahead and post this picture in the last three threads on the board you haven't already infected?

As a calisthenics guy, how do you incorporate volume into your routine? I've started doing a lot more calisthenic work in order to add volume to my barbell weightlifting and build strength. Right now I'm doing about 350 pull-ups, 200 dips and 200 inverted rows a week (every day I do 10 minutes of EMOM pullups to failure, and I do the same for dips and inverted rows, but alternating days). I've definitely reaped some incredible benefits from training this way, especially while cutting and keeping my barbell volume fairly low, but I want to get to the point where I can do really impressive moves like muscle-ups.

I don't do anywhere near that many pullups or dips.
I start off a workout with like 10 pullups.
then I do 5 sets of a 1 arm chinup progression pull up variation. currently using archer pullups followed by a one arm negative on each rep.
each set is usually 3-4 reps.
last one is sometimes 1 or 2 reps.
muscleups from a dead hang took me like 3 tries with no real prep, it's all in the false grip. if you practice false grip it makes muscle ups on rings really really easy.
1 arm pull up is currently my main concern, so after I'm done with the pull up workout I just dick around for 30-40 more minutes doing dips, bodyweight rows, false grip hangs, supports with palms forward arms out, front and back lever progression

Im 186 73kg and look like the pic on the right

Except that's not true at all, lifting and increased muscle mass particularly is correlated with numerous better health outcomes and greater quality of life. Basically, do cardio for greater longevity, but lift for greater quality of life into old age.

Your shirt is gross

I do. But then I kind of had to watch what I eat a bit more since my stomach got a bit large. Its back down now though

Kys fatty

You need to add more weight or do more difficult exercises, adding more reps just trains endurance and not strength.

Not sure how true that is, given training my endurance has both increased my muscle mass and massively increased my weighted pull-up 1RM. Seems to be one of the most common myths in fitness.

You think it's a myth that doing low amount of reps with high weights trains strength and many reps with low weights trains endurance? Better give all those Olympians a call then since they're apparently training in the wrong way for their disciplines when they can just crank out rep after rep.

>be depressed, 6ft, skinny fat
>wanted to better myself but don't had the drive
>even with free gym membership at uni, could never bring myself to work out
>watch Dragon Ball for first time in early 2016 out of boredom
>suddenly gain autistic desire to get stronger and start doing body exercises around the house
>get into One Punch Man
>start following Saitama's regime as best I can
>gotten to the point where 100 situps is easy, 100 squats are doable, I can do 30 to 40 pushups in a row and I can run a mile
>on top of that do pullups, handstands, cycling, shadow boxing and some dumbbell exercises
>also through eating healthier, I've gotten to the point where eating junk food just makes me feel ill
Right now, I'd say my body is close to being ottermode but still don't care about aesthetics. I just care about getting as strong, as fast and as athletic as possible.

That's pretty autistic but good on you for turning weaponized autism into gains

Healthier was my initial goal. Being a fat fuck isn't fun. Now strength.

I only really use my functional strength when I'm shagging girls, but that's good enough for me. It's nice to feel strong anyway.

You get stronger and healthier anyways
Acquiring proper aesthetics is hard and you'll have to lift hard too so your point is complete bullshit. There is no reason to lift if your appearance isn't sort of a reason to you
NOBODY gives a shit about what you can lift
NOBODY gives a shit for how long you can run
EVERYBODY cares what you look like. appearances matter breh so stop deluding yourself or say that this is a "man's thing"
Macro counting is good too. Because a conscious and healthy individual SHOULD control what goes into his body or at least know the effects

Me, I lift so I can play sports.

>NOBODY gives a shit about what you can lift
>NOBODY gives a shit for how long you can run
Y'know, except for myself, which is the only persons opinion that I care about?

>EVERYBODY cares what you look like. appearances matter breh so stop deluding yourself or say that this is a "man's thing"
Wanna know how I know you're 14?