When will this get easier? How long before i dont even think about carbs?

When will this get easier? How long before i dont even think about carbs?

Other urls found in this thread:

cavemanketo.com/cheesy-chicken-casserole/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

three days for ketosis to set in biologically, 5 days for the brain to feel somewhat functional if you've been a carby up until now, up to 7 days if you're a pussy.

You dont just stop thinking about carbs. You live in a society who puts carbs above everything else. You can only train yourself to fight the idea of letting yourself eat anything with carbs even if it's only a one time thing, but you cannot stop thinking about them.

I was a huge proponent of keto but only when I was cutting. dont try to bulk on it. Only 20% of cals from protein isn't nearly enough

Keto is so beyond retarded.

>I can eat as much fat as I want, as long as I don't eat carbs, even though fat has more than twice as many calories as carbs
Literally just the Adkins """"diet"""" rebranded. You want to lose weight? Cut fat and carbs.

Except for the point where sugar tastes funky, it's replaced with Stevia (also a plant), etc.

I'm eating whey and flaxseed oil, drinking OJ, milk, and water, and taking multi/B/theanine/ashwagandha/tryptophan..

>3 days on keto
>12 hours on IF

shiggy diggy

You realize that there's more to this than calories right? Your body enters a completely different mode of burning energy, your hormone levels change, your brain literally runs on another type of fuel. Physics only dictates that you will lose weight on a caloric deficit, but within biology it's completely possible to lose weight on a high caloric surplus.

You do not enter ketosis in only 12 hours on intermittent fasting.

Now that I'm pretty much fat adapted and running on ketones, what happens if I go see some buddies for a weekend and we drink a few carb laden beers and maybe have some carb food?

Does the ingestion of a few hundred grams of carbs totally throw me out of ketosis?
Assuming I resume the carb restriction the very next day, am I going to have to go through all the glucose dumping stuff; the pissing all the time, fatigue and faintness etc?

Or will I pretty much just get right back into keto much quicker than before?

I mean I have no problem restricting carbs most of the time. I've not even had to make too many changes to my diet. Lost a lot of fat, feeling great, looking great... But what's the point if I can't enjoy a few beers and some tasty food with my bros because it will bring me back to square one?

>You realize that there's more to this than calories right?
There literally isn't.

>Your body enters a completely different mode of burning energy, your hormone levels change, your brain literally runs on another type of fuel.
This has WAY less effect on actually burning calories than you Adkins zombies believe.

You're on keto and drinking OJ and Milk? What are you fucking retarded? Look at the label.

>what happens if I go see some buddies for a weekend and we drink a few carb laden beers and maybe have some carb food

You're going to shart your brains out.

>Does the ingestion of a few hundred grams of carbs totally throw me out of ketosis?

Yes.

>Assuming I resume the carb restriction the very next day, am I going to have to go through all the glucose dumping stuff; the pissing all the time, fatigue and faintness etc?

Yes.

>Or will I pretty much just get right back into keto much quicker than before?

Yep. You just keep going.

Please stop doing keto meme

don't do it, take it from my experience, one move back into carbs and you're done keto for 3-4 months. it is the hardest shit in the world to come off it then back on. best solution is to just not.

I can fast while eating keto as well.

It's funny how little his knowledge about food is.

Bro you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Calories are not more than a rough estimate. Eating is an extremely complex process which involves a lot variables that the super simplified "calories in calories out" system just does not account to.
Go look some videos about what keto means and you will easily catch up.

nigga u ignant asf

Beyond your lack of knowledge regarding how losing weight works. Keto was around long before the Atkins Diet was branded.

>drinking OJ

Any keto folks wanna post their eating plan? I've done it in the past, but not very organized.

I'm going to start Keto again on Sunday, plan on having bulletproof coffee in the am, and making a chicken/cheese casserole for dinner for the week. cavemanketo.com/cheesy-chicken-casserole/

Feel like I need a second meal in there, not enough calories.

Any suggestions for a simple lunch meal or something?

staples:
eggs
butter
heavy cream
sour cream
cheddar cheese
feta cheese
meat/fish:
pork loin
beef
chicken drums/thighs
tuna
smoked salmon
veggies:
cauliflower
cabbage
kale/spinach/arugula mix
flax seed
fruit:
avacado

mix and match. breakfast omelette w cheddare, sour cream, a meat. lunch tuna on salad w ceasar. dinner meat w veggies.

lots of recipies out there but I keep it pretty simple

How many eggs per omelette you use?

>Literally just the Adkins """"diet"""" rebranded.
>You want to lose weight? Cut fat and carbs.
Adkins is a high-protein, low-fat, low-carb diet. You telling people to cut fats and carbs IS the Adkins diet.