Are deadlifts really worth the risk of serious injury?

Are deadlifts really worth the risk of serious injury?

Pretty sure there are more people who have injured themselves doing fucking leg presses than DLs. The only serious injury you should fear doing DLs is bicep tear.

>Not joining the hook grip master race

i have moderate scoliosis and a fucked up neck. i had to stop doing deadlifts cause it was absolutely wreckin my body. Sucks cause i always looked forward to deadlifts.

Have you tried pulling sumo?

Most deadlifting injuries are the result of bad form and egolifts. With good form and staying within your limits it's a perfectly safe exercise, and yes it's worth doing.

bingo. Deadlifts can mangle you, but only if you left them.

i don't know a single person who hasn't injured themselves deadlifting irl. nothing major but everyone has tweaked their spine and been affected by it for some time

i don't know a single person in real life who injured themselves doing leg press. that retarded gif of a person with hypermobility doesn't count

far more people leg press than deadlift. i never read any stories of anyone fucking themselves up on it. i read about back injuries daily from deadlift

something doesn't add up here.

Deadlifts prevent injury. Lifting far beyond your capability with bad form causes injury, it doesn't matter what exercise it is

Ya. I stopped squatting too. really limits what i can do for my lowerbody. legs are fine but spine is a cunt

everyone makes mistakes the difference is on a deadlift if you make a mistake it's much less forgiving

I HAD mild scoliosis and I did lots of deads+ back strengthening exercises and I'm mostly straight now, soooooo

What is within your limits?

Sticking to 95% or less?

got a bicep strain /partial torn fibers 2 months ago while deadlifting with mixed grip. did it right 120 times, then was tired one workout and slightly bent my right arm and it happened.
the joke is that it was a babby weight easily within my limits but apparently that's enough when form isn't right

you don't have to tear it completely, a partial tear will fuck you up as well.

didn't even realize what happened and was clueless and continued training for a week with painkillers. could no longer bear it and went to see a doc.

got diagnosed with joint irritation, another doc diagnosed golfer's elbow (bicep strain pain radiates into brachioradialis, hence the misdiagnosis) and sent me to a physiotherapist who says it's bicep tear and I think he's right bc bicep is the only painful spot when he presses on it

i will do it again but with extreme caution when I can work out again

who fucking cares? Deadlift is such a fucking awesome lift. It's like the ultimate beast mode lift

t. sub 3 plate dead

Just do a safe weight, the injuries happen went you are trying to lift beyond your capabilities.

H
O
O
K

G
R
I
P

Just have good form (i.e. don't use too much weight). Don't grind (i.e. don't use too much weight). Use a weight you can lift with good form.

hook grip or straps + static holds after deadlift workout

t. sub 5 plate dead

Brah get a dipping belt and put heavy weights on that, stand on two benches and squat like that. None of the weight will be going through your mangled spine, just your hips downwards. Better than only doing legnpress

t. Sub 6 plate dead

by 10lbs ;(

next bulk it's mine

I haven't met a single person who seriously injured themselves deadlifting. Maybe a pulled muscle here or there, but never a complete tear and never a herniated disc.

Sounds like you hang out with people that haven't got a fucking clue how to deadlift

I said met, they're not that common. Also Tom Martin did that while deadlifting more than 90% of Veeky Forums's total.

So this my nigga

Deadlifting is a safe exercise if you know what you're doing. Also don't do conventional just because "xD non-convengional deadlifds are for pussiez :D :D." Try behind the back, trap-bar, sumo, jefferson, etc. Find the shit that's the most comfortable for you.

>He hasn't met Tom

I live in the US, not Bongistan. I have met Mike T, Jennifer Thompson, and Dan Green though.

Trap-Bar deadlifts feel much more comfortable for my lower back. Can I replace barbell deads with the trap-bar?

>mostly straight now
Kek, typical fit

Is not deadlifting really worth the risk of becoming a homosexual?