Ive decided to go with Eric Bugenhagen advice and started focusing on just my deadlifts and lifting everyday

Ive decided to go with Eric Bugenhagen advice and started focusing on just my deadlifts and lifting everyday

im basically doing RDLs / Bent over Rows / Sumo deadlift / rack pull above knee / pullups or dips if hams are really sore and im planning to do this until i puke or get 5plate deadlift (sitting at just over 4pl8 now)

Wish me luck Veeky Forumsfags

Also some of this for more triceps since my bench is shit and i really dont care about it since 6'2 with 6'7 wingspan
youtu.be/7peGTsSxXeU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oiDczs9j75E?t=1227
mediafire.com/download/u5zw6zfzccox1z1/SquatEveryDay.epub
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

don't forget to roid

Eric doesent roid

And Ronnie Coleman just used cell-tech.

haha yeah

>Eric doesent roid

He doesn't look like one. Nothing about his body indicates roiding

you're going to completely wreck your CNS if you're not on roids

That changes everything back to the drawing board

haha okay

>le cns meme

when will it stop

alright go ahead and deadlift 7 days a week going all out everytime while not taking steroids and tell me how that goes

Can your CNS recover or is it fucked for good?

>And Ronnie Coleman just used cell-tech.

kk
report back when you're injured and made no gains!
can't wait to see your progress

OP, disregard those faggots, do it. I Finally hit 400 on jefferson deadlifts deadlifting everyday. You'll feel sore first couple of days but after that it's all good.

You can Squat everyday to about 90%of your max and your CNS will adapt as long as you have enough sleep and food. But you won't be doing any variations of DL to 90% or more day in and day out. If you are lucky your CNS will just give up and you won't progress, you will give up. If you are unlucky, you'll have a one way ticket to snapcity.

OP just to low bar squats everyday

Imo you'd do better to drop the bent over rows and just do weighted pullups instead
Same could be said for switching RDLs for oly style back squats (although you don't have to go ATG) and rack pulls above the knee for front squats.
There's a difference between maxing out every day on oly lifts/stuff that doesn't put that much stress on your lower back and doing heavy rack pulls/ bent over rows/ RDLs with a shit load of frequency.
Also consider injecting yourself with testosterone and taking some dianabol, just because eric doesn't necessarily roid doesn't mean that you can get away with this shit without some chemical assistance.

Not sure if b8 or legitimately curious, it'll recover but only once you stop and it might not even be stronger. Not to mention your tendons and ligaments could be pretty fucked for a bit after 7 days of deadlifting with no time to let them repair

The way eric gets away w doing deadlifts all the time is doing DL varations that are easier on the low back (excluding ZDL) and by the time he got to zerchers his body had adapted to the frequency and intensity, natty or not

>THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS

that's some nice evidence you presented

I unironically believe Eric doesn't roid

I want to believe

For how strong he is, how long he's been lifting, and how dedicated he is to getting bigger and stronger, I think it's completely feasible

I don't know, if you see older videos you will see he has done tremendous progress in 2 years compared with the other 12 years he had been lifting

He erased all those videos though

he doesn't have the roid look of disproportionately large delts, traps, as well as no balding, backne, or gyno.

He's significantly bigger than me so obviously he roids.

Not all roids are equal, some roids give you insane strength and others make for a more rounder muscular look

Literally impossible to train 7 days a week if you are natty. You would make zero gains.

This is not true at all though. If you can peogram it right you could lift everyday and you can do the same lifts everyday. Its all what youre willing to form habits with.

lmao who the fuck told you that? fucking moron.

op here
i train almost everyday for a while now
but there was squatting / pulls and presses

now i want to neglect squats and only do exercises that directly improve my deadlift and outside of those weighted dips and triceps isolation to not get atrophy in this area

i do it like this for 2 weeks now and its looking good, my hamstrings are sore as shit tho. I might add some wide stance box squats to improve my drive off the floor but right now im good in that regard

I believe with my heart and soul im capable of reaching 495 sumo deadlift until end of this year

im lanklet and my squat proportions are shit
theres more to bent over rows than pullups offer, theres a reason many deadlifters suggest bent over rows as a assistance exercise instead of pullups

stop posting before you ashame yourself

considering how many different trap-exercises he does, his traps would be massive if he roided.

he had a mid life crisis, realised the only way for him to ever be recogn
ised by an
ybody was by screamin
g into a camera and lifts shit uπ} and π}ut dow

This guy is stupid and on steroids.

>he had a mid life crisis

He's in his 20s.

ive started training 7 days a week and my bench went from 125kg to 142.5kg in the last month i did tweak my form a bit but my deadlift has also been increasing.

with good rest and nutrition training everyday is good

>probably good training for a 24hr. pump, as that's where the muscle growth signalling is

shut the fuck up about the CNS you fucking faggots

he seems pretty anti roids....

This guy is literally lifting more weight than pre-roid era strongman and he still has the nerve to bullshit people about being natty.

big weights are all about your nervous system cuck

Something tells me you didn't even take highschool biology let alone endocrinology and biochemistry. Never in my 8 years of post secondary schooling have I ever heard of "roids that make your muscles round". What makes your muscles round is your insertions and muscle bellys and that relies on what is encoded in your deoxyribonucleicacid.

and that is why he is worth admiration. he is the natty king.

ive done dips and t bar rows before every day. dips got up to+100 from +60, t bar from 4 25s to 8 25s.
currently doing it for jefferson deadlifts, have gone from 325 to 360 in 3 days.

op here

just came back from session
didnt hit a 1rm pr, but got a 5rm pr so fuck haters

whats worth noting tho, i didnt really have lack of "strength"to pull pr, it was more mindset thing zero hype

also form could be better, bar travelling forward from my shins which is huge loss of performance, also my hip drive could be little bit better which has shown on 5rm

i really need to get different floortiles for my home gym because i cant deadlift in socks on this slippery shit, also need to approach warmup sets little bit more serious

and deadlifting and squatting in socks / barefoot is literal goat.
Even in lifting weights there is a decent skill component when it comes to max % attempts and you have to minimize all variables you have control over (perfect and maitain form without breaking down, mindset, your setup, shoes and other gear)

Lifting everyday makes your setup perfect and automatic

Christ people read the sticky and think they know anything about lifting

Maybe if you guys put forth a little effort in your training instead if bitching about roids in this week shit hole you'd make some real gains

Squats are not deadlifts, he's going to look like a bowling pin if he does rhat

>DAT BACK

full homo

don't start with so much shit at once.

if you can do 2 exercises for first week then add in the 3rd one and so on.

i'm taking his advice so basically bulgarian method with rotating exercises when i stall. basically i go as heavy as i can every single day and then do some volume work at around 70% of the heaviest weight i did for 3-4 sets and results are AMAZING.

pic related for routine

total time lifting

exactly

Deadlifts work my lats like crazy (desu if anyone says they arent you are probably doing the lift wrong in the first place)

meanwhile squats is just lower body mostly and LITTLE bit of lats upper back but nowhere near deadlifting stress

when you hold straight upper back during deadlift your back needs to contract much harder to not round the fuck up as opposed to squats because >bigger moment arm

Theres definetly a lot of value in squatting everyday but you need to define your goals first.

I want to have huge back, simple as that.
And im not LITERALLY deadlifting every day, like i said
one day i do RDLs, other day i do only bent over rows, third day might be sumo deadlift which doesnt stress my lower back as hard as conventional, but still works my glutes and hams like crazy.

1 exercise at MOST 2 per day with second one being something that doesnt touch my lower back like pullups or bench, or maybe core work

It is worth noting that i start RDLs and rows from the floor so basically i do deadlift conventional almost every single day, just very submaximal weight (i bent over row little bit over 2 plates, and RDL 3.5 plates at top sets)

You cant just do maximal conventional or sumo deadlift everyday, even Eric Bugenhagen cannot recover from that (as evidenced when he tried that 10x405, 9x 425 etc session, he had to quit by day 3)

And his 1 rep max sumo dl best was like 675 with hitching, he struggles with lockouts (despite being able to rack pull this much weight) but as you can see here
his upper back is rounded to shit which is causing the lockout issues
(Im still sure he could be pulling more if he had better setup and wasnt so fucking explosive)

youtu.be/oiDczs9j75E?t=1227
20:30

what's rour rep scheme on volume work? I started maxing out on deadlifts since sunday and i'm grinding 5lbs a day, but that's pretty much all i do. Should I add one more exercise?

volume and isos are 8-12. i usually do my warmups off my daily min (more on that below) and that also gets me some volume in. so 60% for 5, 70% for 4, 80% for 2, 90% for 1 and then singles up to as heavy as i can go on that day.

it doesn't matter what your daily MAX is because that has too many variables like how rested you are, how fired up you are, etc.

what matters is that your daily MIN is going up. keep track of your max and over time you'll see that your daily min is slowly going up. what i mean by this is if you can deadlift 3pl8 your min is probably 2pl8. you should always pull 2pl8 no matter how you feel. over time that number will only go up and you know you're getting stronger.

What i'm doing right now is pretty much warming up with triples start around 120lbs, as i increase i go doubles and when i'm past 3 plate i go singles. It can't get more simple than that and it gets me sore as fuck and takes me about 30-45 min depending on how many times i fail on max effort attempt.

Still it feels like i should do some lower back/lat/abs accessory and volume too.

>depending on how many times i fail on max effort attempt.

you shouldn't be failing on your max doing his method. if you are, you are sabotaging your gains in the long run and only exhausting yourself and stressing your body too much.

you work up to a DAILY MAX. daily max is not your real max. you do singles with smallest weight increases and go until your form starts to go to shit OR you know that your next weight raise will make you fail the lift. when you are at that point you're done for the day.

you can do as much accessory work as you want as long as it doesn't interfere with your training on the next day. if you can handle the extra volume then go for it, but compounds should be your #1 priority.

Am I retarded or is this Eric replying?

to add to my above post

my real diddy max is around 4.5pl8 and on some days i can't even get to 4pl8 but my min is always going up so i know i'm getting stronger even though on some days or even weeks it seems that i'm not if i only look at my daily maxes

nope
just Eric disciple

he was managing my training for a while through patreon, but he showed me lifting everyday can be done, its just matter of going and getting it DONE

he doesnt post here, he has an idea this place exist but never been here

same here

OP
slightly lower numbers, im just above 4 pl8

So should I be doing singles even when warming up on low weight? And it's been 3 days since i don't fail and am increasing weight on the bar, so i will focus on not failing anymore. I don't know my one rep maxes for sure so i was actually trying this out to see how much can i reach.

So you tell me i should be increasing the weight on the first lift and not on daily max? Is there any template for me to follow this? I am really noob to bulgarian.

read how i warm up. i base my warmup weight off my daily min which is a weight i know i can lift even if i feel like absolute shit on that day.

you can modify it as you like but don't burn yourself out before you even get to heavy singles. once you get to around 80% of your daily min, doing anything about 2 reps is pointless and will just tire you out.

it requires a bit of self knowledge to get effective with this method but once you get it down it's amazing and really fun.

>so 60% for 5, 70% for 4, 80% for 2, 90% for 1 and then singles up to as heavy as i can go on that day.

So i do this plus 2 accessory/isolation to strengthen the compound im doing on that week.

Is it good?

your daily max is not a number that you pick and aim for. it's just the weight that you can get to on that day with no form breakdown and failing the lift.

like i said, i can dl 4.5pl8 yet on some days i stop before 4pl8 because either my form starts to get bad, or i feel like i will fail the next lift and i don't want to put my body under extra unneeded stress.

daily max really varies and you shouldn't put much emphasis on it at all. all it matters is that over time your minimum is going up. and if you write down all the weights you lifted even during warmup, you can easily see that over time.

squat every day by matt perryman is a great read on the type of lifting eric does

mediafire.com/download/u5zw6zfzccox1z1/SquatEveryDay.epub

don't do any accessories for the first month or two because you will only burn out if you never lifted every day. after that period add in only 1 per day and see how it goes for a month. then add in 1 more and so on. i wouldn't recommend more than 2 per day because it's pointless and isolating body part 2x/week is plenty in addition to compounds also hitting it every single day.

you are not doing the same compound over and over again. i'm not exactly sure how eric trains and i could be wrong but i think he rotates exercises every mesocycle

what i do is i stick to the exercise until my daily min hasn't moved in a week before swapping to a different variation. so to give you example, i start with strict pressed and i plateau. when that happens i just switch for any other press variation like push press or z-press or any other shit that trains that same pattern. after a while i might go with his method instead of waiting for plateau because it seems better in the long run.

this is why and how eric "PRs" every day. you keep a list and track of your variations for that exercise and pick one that you haven't done in a while and know you can smash your own PR on it then do it. once you stall you switch again.

pic related is some variations of main lifts and isolations i rotate and do but you can find more online easily. just noticed that decline bench is missing under bench variations but then again i haven't updated that list in a very long time plus i don't bench anymore because of dips.

for isolations i just aim to hit bodypart at least 2x/week so on mon i might do shoulders+chest, on tue legs+traps, on wed arms+grip, etc.

every variation trains the same pattern yet is still different. i think that this is much more helpful than specific accessories.

thanks based user

he looks like a yugoslav thug from the commie blocks
the face I mean

mirin body though

without the stache he is fucking handsome

100% Chad

that's what I meant, he looks like an alpha

this

I could get lost in his ice blue eyes no homo

nigga

where is this picture from? are there more of this type?

if you'd check him out you'd realise soon that he is one of the only guys who are honest about what they do and do not do

wasn't he an top level wrestler in highschool? pretty sure he's just genetically blessed

what's the italics? what you're doing at the moment?

originally they were for exercises that are very different from the rest like for example lu raises which target primarily supraspinatus so when i'm doing shoulder accessory work i'd do 1 exercise for medial delts, 1 for rear delts and also lu raises.

disregard the rest and also anything under main that is in italics because it's just a byproduct of having other shit on the same line and so entire row used it.

from my own sheet that i use to keep track of mr PRs and how many times i've used that variation

>deadlifting every day
prepare to be injured

Is that a warhammer 40k tattoo?

i did for 10 days and had zero injuries fucking pussy ass faggot. Singles won't hurt you.

Nice argument. Let's see how you're holding up in a month.

>walking every day
enjoy injury

with good form and no ego lifting this method has as much chance of injury as any other

>deadlifting everyday for a month

Alright breh, just call it a day.

Doubt it. Doesn't look like anything from 40k.

Another nice argument there. Lifting sub-max everyday is going to teach you otherwise.

>metal worker for over 10 years
>work 8+ hours almost every day
>lift heavy shit at job all the time
>lift heavy shit away from job all the time
>every year feel like i'm in the best shape of my life
>never injured

but then again i never ego lift and form is my #1 priority

spot on bby.

You never see cases of someone hurting while doing the exercise with perfect form. It might happen but it is very, very rare.

perfect form implies sub maximal weight
those injuries come from random shit that you have no control over most of times then