Is soy actually bad for testosterone levels?

Is soy actually bad for testosterone levels?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vltbg3NUSQs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

please reply

No.

It contains phyto-estrogens. These are, despite their name, not estrogens. Science is a bit more complicated than that.

Yes.

nope

plastic bottles on the other hand, xenoestrogens. rip in peace gains.

The disposable ones or reusable plastic water bottles like nalgenes?

Both. Use glass or stainless steel.

Xenoestrogens are not estrogens and will not affect your gains.

>Xenoestrogens are not estrogens and will not affect your gains.
enjoy your being lowtest and growing bitchtits.

Aren't they viewed by the body as estrogens though?

No, the body's estrogen receptors do not.

Xenoestrogens is just a name which sounds like estrogens.

sometimes small levels of estrogen will inhibit the body's capability to produce estrogen, similar to how steroids will make your balls smaller because the body is receiving testosterone from an outside source and as such it feels that it does not need to produce any of its own.

This, But still stay away from over-processed soy stuff. It won't kill you to eat tempeh once in a while.

Also, if you're paranoid, eat more cabbage, broccoli, and kale. They allegedly have something that helps deal with xenoestrogens and shit.

What about eating soybeans from the pod? I quite like them as a green vegetable.

I've been drinking water out of plastic bottles since I was 12 kill yourself

Probably fine?

I get that the idea is that soy paranoia is mostly a myth, but don't go overboard on soy. Fresh beans out of the pod shouldn't be terrible. Complete protein as fresh as possible, but maybe not as calorie efficient as chicken or turkey.
Regardless of soy, it's probably for the best to diversify your protein sources.

I still think it's mostly just soymilk that people should be wary of. And random processed stuff that uses soy byproducts because it's lazy and cheap.

BPA has never been in plastic bottles since you were 12

What's this shit that I makes your orgasm feel better?

If I were to pour the watter inside of a plastic bottle inside of a glass cup would I be reducing the amount of estrogen?

Phyto-estrogens are just plant estrogens.

No that's cheating

Phytoestrogens are plant-derived xenoestrogens (see estrogen) not generated within the endocrine system but consumed by eating phytoestrogenic plants. Also called "dietary estrogens", they are a diverse group of naturally occurring nonsteroidal plant compounds that, because of their structural similarity with estradiol (17-β-estradiol), have the ability to cause estrogenic or/and antiestrogenic effects,[1] by sitting in and blocking receptor sites against estrogen.[2]

For all of the vegans claiming duur their not estrogens cuz it says phyto

lmao yeah that's actually you alright

I don't get it why wouldn't that be me :^\

Some people actually look good on this board. You're clearly projecting

They could block estrogen receptor sites tho

They surely womanized your brain if you think that's an argumemt

Yes, which are orders of magnitude weaker than actual estrogen and also compete with actual estrogen, creating an over-all estrogen REDUCING effect.

Except when it doesn't. Because it all depends on what receptors we're talking about in what part of the body. Like the guy said, the science is a bit more complicated than that and you can't really give a simple yes/no answer here.

Point is, phyto-estrogens are weak as fuck at best and can be counteracted by eating what suggests. Also apparently red wine, grapes, dark chocolate and blueberries have the same counteracting effect. Not that I could explain the science behind it...

BPA isn't the only endocrine disrupting chemical.

Soy is in a lot of food products in the US.

True, most people miss that and assume that only vegans eat soy. So really eating anything that counteracts phytos might be a good idea even if one is an omni.

considering mostly beta males and asians consume soy, i figure it has something to do with making you a bitch-boy

I try to avoid to the best of my ability. I need to increase my cabbage consumption to off set the stuff I miss.

>tfw you realize the dirty fucking hippies have a point

>have the ability to cause estrogenic or/and antiestrogenic effects,[1] by sitting in and blocking receptor sites against estrogen.[2]
???
So they both can help and hurt?

You have different receptors in different parts of your body.

Supposedly - I emphasize, supposedly - it has estrogenic effects in good ways, such as reducing cancer risks, and blocking effects in good ways, such as boosting overall test. Supposedly. Maybe. Too little research, and too many vested interests. Everyone has an agenda and it makes it hard to trust anybody.

Below is the youtube vid where I learned the above, but a bit of research revealed the doctor who made it is vegan. Still a MD so should be trustworthy. Right? idk....

youtube.com/watch?v=vltbg3NUSQs

>MD must be trustworthy
He can literally scribble on some paper and get test shots on demand

>Xenoestrogens and phytoestrogens don't effect you at all!
>sperm counts and testosterone are declining for no apparent reason!

Sure

cause ur a fat little bitch

Phytoestrogens are a large class of chemical compounds. Some of them are estrogenic, some of them are antiestrogenic.

>>sperm counts and testosterone are declining for no apparent reason!

That's been attributed to rising obesity mostly.

you mean soy lecithin?
and non-soy lecithin works the same way in that regard

I think it was soy lecithin

It's affecting animals too though.