Veeky Forums I am ready to make a change in my life. But there is only one major problem in my way:

Veeky Forums I am ready to make a change in my life. But there is only one major problem in my way:

How the FUCK do I reset my sleeping schedule? Right now I go to bed at 3AM wake up at about 10:30AM. I want to be waking up at 6AM to start my day with reading and working out.

Hurr durr I know I need to be going to bed earlier. But when I try to do that I just lie there hours without sleeping. I've tried drinking heavily and then going to bed way earlier than I normally do. That works pretty well but within a few days I'm back in my old ways.

Wat do?

>inb4 become an alcoholic just to sleep at decent times

Ween yourself back to regular hours. If you're used to going bed at 3AM, then going into bed at 10PM isn't going to work

Scale back about 30 min per night until you get back to where you want to be.

If this is really important to you, eliminate caffiene intake and eat your meals at set times.

Stop all electronics at 9p and be in bed by 10p.

Drink a shitload of water all day until you pass out.

it easier to start lifting first, it will make you tired and sleep right

and train after waking, dont train in the afternoon or at night

Make yourself tired by exercising or waking up earlier, so you can fall asleep earlier. You fucking moron.

Go to bed at 3am, set alarm for 9:30 am, do shit. Lack of sleep you should be able to fall asleep much earlier, repeat until desired wake up time is reached.

Do not drink heavily to get to sleep, it makes your sleep quality worse. Even if you "pass out" earlier you will not get as much quality sleep and you will be more tired during the next day.

It takes time to fix your sleep schedule. Try to avoid staying up for entertainment. So when its bedtime, turn off electronics, lay in bed and CLOSE YOUR EYES.

If you close your eyes, you will generally fall asleep quickly. If you have trouble doing so, maybe read a boring book.

Set an alarm early, have breakfast not too late after you wake up, then sleep a bit earlier than your target sleepytime. You'll have one bad day, but the latter should ensure your clıck is reset for the following day.

>Stop all electronics at 9p and be in bed by 10p.

but muh Veeky Forums time :(

The fastest way to reset your sleeping schedule is by staying up the whole night, then sleeping at your desired time the next. I tried this, it works. I got my sleeping schedule from sleeping at at 12 to sleeping at 8:15. I fucked it up again tho.

Lel so it doesn't work then, dummy.

You break the cycle by waking up earlier. Then you will be sleepy when you get to your chosen bed time. The trick is all in the time you wake up, set an alarm and don't go back to bed until it's time.

set an alarm early and as soon as you wake up step outside into the sun. let the sun touch a lot of skin. do this for a few days. you'll find that you'll naturally wake up around that time.

also. dont turn any lights on. once it starts getting dark/ sun sets your going to need to get used to it. dont watch the clock. and just do some nice reading, cook dinner in the dark with a candle light. when u gert sleepy head to bed. most wonderful things i've ever done

Just sleep with open curtains / window blinds.

Your body will adjust on its own. Might take a few days.

Take care of your business in the night time sweet child

This works pretty well. To fix my schedule I also started lifting in the evening, eating dinner, and then falling asleep. I was so tired after lifting that I would fall asleep pretty easily. Eating breakfast in the morning helps out too.

>be me, have a night shift once/twice a week
>normal days go to sleep at 4 am
>try to wake up at 9
>get up at 3pm after REM sleep all morning and noon
>migraine all evening
>repeat
help

Just take a nap after lunch mate

Unless real life is calling for you there's no reason to alter your sleep schedule.

Get a job.

>stay up all night because of similiar reason
>next day was super dead but couldnt fall asleep
>not able sleep for 2 days straight
>eventually developed insomnia
i wish I could fall asleep at 3 AM now. I wish I could fall asleep at all
dont stay overnight anons, dont repeat my mistake, every night is now a torture