/plg/ powerlifting general

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hGLI_mnryWc
youtu.be/YVNDrok3W6c
youtube.com/watch?v=L-0Du1PUc3A
powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-novice-program/
youtube.com/watch?v=UKxqGIlJ5kE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Zaraz kupę zrobi xD

Will c6w give me a decent peak at week 6? Looking to set a decent PR

Unless you're an advanced lifter, you have to reason to "peak"

If you're an intermediate lifter, you will be stronger after 6 weeks of candito, unless you're a gde.

but c6w is great for gdes

is blueshoes really roiding for THIS?

"Sure"

(••)

I'm stressed all the damn time

What a fuckup

The fuck were you trying to do here nignog

Have any of you successfully treated patella tendonitis?
I'm dealing with it now and from what I've gathered high frequency bodyweight box squats would get enough bloodflow in there to help speed up the healing process. Have I been memed Veeky Forums?

>As I looked out, my thoughts returned to you,
>A noise in the city made the children run,
>And hide themselves away
>And thunder boomed and lightning filled the sky.

youtu.be/hGLI_mnryWc

Wtf I love elo now

What accessories should i put on madcow 5x5.
I am thinking of using some kettlebell stuff.

Not sure if you've been memed. What cured it for me was stopping squatting for a little less than two weeks. It was hard to do but the pain was bad enough that I had to do it. Now the pain only pops up when I near my squat MRV

I find fish repulsive as animals. I get that carp are more 'aesthetic' fish, but they disgust me all the more.

You should do Texas Method instead.

Kettlebells are exclusively the realm of retards.

Made me extremely angery. Good post.

I ran texas method for 7 months.
The gains stopped around the 5 month mark.
Why is it better than maddcow?

>that whole pasta
Lost

>Kettlebells are exclusively the realm of retards.
What an immensely plebeian opinion

I APPROVE OF THIS PASTA

4am and watching Rick and Morty :)

>coach sends me 2 different programs

He wants you to do both at the same time you brainlet

Is this the same coach who put you on a program that made you worse at oly lifting?

it's a shit test
pick the program you like best
if it's the correct one, you get to stay
pick the wrong one and coach tells you to fuck off with your baby lifts

I squatted 185 before

I probably squat 200kg now(havent tested yet)

there is a method to this

also since we dont think I can qualify for U-25 championships next year we decided to use this time to get me a weightclass higher so I'm only doing classical lifts on saturdays now

Im probably going to get even worse

lmao

unless the 9kg I'm going to gain offsets that but thats speculative

I couldnt even imagine

look how much I would have to do if that wasnt a meme lmao

Exercise
Reps x Sets
Tempo
Rest

A1) Incline Bench Press
10 x 10
4, 0, 2, 0
90 seconds

A2) Bent Over Row
10 x 10
4, 0, 2, 0
90 seconds

B1) Push Ups
10-12 x 3
2, 0, 2, 0
60 seconds

B2) Pull Ups
10-12 x 3
2, 0, 2, 0
60 seconds

this is the german volume training

and then

Snatch High Pull + Snatch + OHS: 65% x 2 + 2 + 2 x 3

Clean Pull: 90% x 5 x 3

Back Squat: 70% x 8 x 3

RDL: 8 x 3

Jerk Steps: 8 each x 3

>be american
>be clueless about training weightlifters
checks out

I think you're just being a little bitch. If you did both maybe you'd grow enough balls to get under the bar for snatches and jerks.

Combining programs like that is very common. We use Takano programs + Russian squat programs.

I'm pretty sure you're actually supposed to do both.

is that so bobby

am I also supposed to do

Saturday 8/5/17

Three Position Snatch (Power, Mid-Knee, Floor): 70% x 1 x 5

Three Position Clean (Power, Mid-Knee, Floor): 70% x 1 x 5

Behind the Neck Jerk + Jerk: 70% x 1 x 5

AND

Snatch: 65% x 3 x 3; 70% x 2 x 6

Clean and Jerk: 65% x 3 x 3; 70% x 2 x 6

5 Rounds…
1 minute plank
1 minute rest

this would be the implication of doing both programs

Seems fine to me, you want me to get you some vagisil?

yeah I dont think I am, the rest days dont line up with one another

Im not sure if everyone in the team just gets emailed the "team programming" whether they are on it or not, I guess so based upon that

Typically, I only respond calling out terrible bait, but this could actually fool some browsing summer redditers. Nice b8 m8.

ow mine heart

he should delete those gymcel photos, maybe keep the one sitting on the bench in the singlet but any photo featuring gymceling (i.e. weights) is an isntant pussy drier

>All those old pre bulk photos

also forgot to mention that smiling is generally a no-no, very low T beta behavior

Go with what works m8

>All those twitter qts expecting a lean rower only to get the mass monster

he looks good in that rowing pic

youtu.be/YVNDrok3W6c
GIVE ME A FORM CHECK REEEEEEEE

Why row when you can float

More volume on the volume day, lighter on the light day, and more intensity on the intensity day make like on TM make for better periodization.

Did you add accessory lifts to TM at any point? After a while, it's useful to add pulling, and especially pressing related accessories to TM.

That one, the Australia singlet one and the group photo are good ones.

The Australia singlet works because it's cool to have been on the national team for something, though it should be the one without the actual lifting so people don't realize it's a retarded American pseudo-sport and not something actually cool like shotput

Calm down Tyler

"No."

fucking normie REEEEEEEEEEEEE
what are you going to say to becky when you'e meet her?

Yeah, i added spoto press, chinups, dips and lateral raises as well as high rep curls and tate presses.

I always forget hos name is not actually isley.

sloots like peak performance

miss trappy

can i follow you on twitter?

Having trouble fixing my squat form, hip mobility is good, hamstring mobility is lacking, and I also have proportionally long as fuck femurs which I'm having trouble working around. I'm getting a slightly worse angle than this guy, maybe like 1.5x the flexion:
youtube.com/watch?v=L-0Du1PUc3A

My main problem is that my back isn't extremely straight at the bottom of the lift, the bar is slightly in front of mid foot at the bottom, and for the first half of the ascent (almost until lockout with >90% weight) I stay leaning forward exactly as much as I am at the bottom of the movement, so the bar moves forward more the more I go up. I have the same back angle with 60% 1rm that I do with 90% 1rm and it gets slightly worse as I get closer to 100% leading up to some pretty disgusting hips shooting up 1rm form. I suspect my back isn't tight because I can't really control or feel my buttwink and I have no idea what it means to sit back, if I try to exaggerate hip flexion compared to starting the lift by bending my knees, I bend over even more on the way down, so I suspect I'm already doing that part right, especially since my knees barely track over my toes. I also just bought a belt, but all it does is increase how much weight I can good morning without doing anything for my lower back and hip extension. The problem is definitely a bit worse when squatting highbar.

TL;DR: Lack of hip extension during bottom of squat, hips shooting up at higher weight, mild buttwink that I can't feel, not a big problem unless I go well below parallel.

>watching a guy teach his friends how to squat
>set up low bar
no problem
>guy squats with pretty good form
>"no no no you need to stand up right. You're leaning way too far toward. That's how you fuck your back."
>I baka and walk away

Fucking 2 plate squatting normies

I can't squat or deadlift for a little while, what can I do meanwhile?

Okay, c6w seems too good. What is the catch?
Also, how to reach my old numbers as fast as possible after 3 months off? Is this a good idea?
powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-novice-program/
It's basically SS but more PL specific

Please respond

Bench

Well, I was planning to, but should I just use machines for legs to get some work on them at least?

Depends, why can't you squat and deadlift? If it's a hip or ankle issue, you can do leg press, extension and curl. If it's a knee issue, you can only do toes to bar and back extensions.

Lower back, my hips are crooked or something so I hurt myself a bit.

>Okay, c6w seems too good. What is the catch?
I wonder what will break first your spirit or your body. That's the only catch.

Can you front squat and trap deadlift?

Aren't the %s lower than TM? Did I misread them?
What about the second half of my post? Pls respond

I can front squat without pain, but I can't front squat, I guess I'll have to learn. Thanks, didn't think about that one. No trap-bar, but I can do those back-extensions things or w/e they're called. Will do that today then.

I've got my first comp coming up

How should I choose my openers?

got some pain in what i assume is right side lower lats when rotating my body

what could this mean? did some cleans and rack pulls today

WR +10kg

p-pls help

t-t-thanks

Google powerlifting attempt finder. Your opener should be 90% your attempted 1rm, about a hard 3rm in terms of intensity.

The principle is sound, you're supposed to strengthen the tendon again. The most important thing is listening to body feedback during/after training and finding out what works for you. A little pain is ok, but not much, and it should not persist. If you can increase the intensity/volume you can handle painlessly it's working. Read the strongerbyscience article, particularily the part about speed, it was helpful to me.

If you cured yours with two weeks of inactivity you barely even had it. That shit doesn't work when it's bad. I know because I tried.

you havent been memes thats literally how you cure tendonitis

tendonitis is basicly inflammation anyway, and inflammation is stored water basicly

Bump

the catch is; its shit for bench. also you have to try hard

any linear progression program will work

I really like how the volume and intensity swings from cardio tier to meet tier, peaking weekly on other LPs is ass. That's why I want to try it.
I've read that bench criticism a lot on testimonials here and there. Wwyd? Change OHP to bench variation and do OHP as a 3rd pressing exercise instead of 2nd?

8 reps is cardio now??

It does gas me.
Fuck I'm fat
Anyway you know what I mean, it doesn't force you to 5rm every week like TM

would you guys propose doing deadlifts in this manner like our boy Mike Israel to get some hypertrophy in
youtube.com/watch?v=UKxqGIlJ5kE

>it doesn't force you to 5rm every week like TM
check c6w again buddy it forces you do to myoreps which is basicly worse lmaoo

>wwyd
run c6w lower and 28free for bench

and my second point was about regaining old strength. I wasnt saying you should do a lp instead of candito. idk if that was confusing sry

Nah I get gassed but it's getting better, plus I don't feel like my spine will snap
Maybe it's just me but fatigue accumulation in TM kills me
>run c6w lower and 28free for bench
How would that work? Can you post a couple sample weeks?
Sorry, I'm shit at programming and wasted lots of months dicking around with (((custom routines))).
Now I want to avoid that and just do a premade routine to finally get 4/3/5 like the other big boys
>and my second point was about regaining old strength
Oh cool. Yeah, the wording was confusing. Just wanted to know /plg/'s opinion. On paper it looks better than SS but I haven't seen any discussion on it ever, so I wondered why

whats his height lamo

i just cant help but staring at all of his gut blobbing out above his belt. it's like hypnotic

5'6 240lbs in that vid loool

>How would that work?
literally just do c6w, but remove anything related to bench/ohp etc. run that alongside greg nuckols 28free bench

>On paper it looks better than SS
if youre running it to regain strength theres no need to worry about whats optimal. you could do anything really. its just for a few weeks

Making a spreadsheet ATM. I am adding 3x week intermediate bench (high, because who doesn't love bench)
Questions:
1) what do I do for bench on week 5?
2) do I keep the rows and pullups where Candytoe has them?
3) Nuckols seems to hate OHP. Where do I add it in? There's only space if I sub it in in day 3 in place of tricep extensions. Do I put it in there?
Please respond

>Nuckols seems to hate OHP. Where do I add it in
right after bench, do them light weight high reps, skip tricep ext

man I decided to do some calf raises again because several cycles of c6w got my legs so huge and my calfs look like sticks

I did them on my stairs and doing them on one leg with stretchnig it as deep as possible really activated them for the first time goddamn I missed out all these years it was this simple I guess

>right after bench
so is one supposed to deadlift after
>squat
>bench
>ohp
?

you took it too literally, deadflift after bench then do your ohp

That time I tried it that way, I couldn't literally do more than 9 OHP reps across 2 sets.
Bench session completely knocked me out.

This is not me . Am I supposed to do them fullbody? I thought you implied to keep the lower and upper days as candito has them

>I thought you implied to keep the lower and upper days as candito has them
i did

Have you considered that's because your shoulders have been sufficiently stressed?

correct - thats why im having difficulties programming the OHP while benching 3x week

So if your shoulders are sufficiently stressed why do you need to do OHP?

Alternatively, if OHP is a goal of yours, why do you need to bench so much that your OHP suffers?

>So if your shoulders are sufficiently stressed why do you need to do OHP?
i guess the only possible reason for this is for not letting de-train the press.
not a priority tho. thats why i dont usually press when benching 3x

I just took three weeks to blast out a million reps with 135 then started back adding a little weight and keeping the reps high. Doing more hamstring/PC work now too.