WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK WILL GET YOU BIGGER:

TAKING YOUR BENCH FROM 135 TO 225

OR

DOING INCLINE BENCH, FLAT BENCH, DUMBBELL FLYES AND PEC DECK FOR 3X12

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RvIsC7qKV7Y
strongerbyscience.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

2nd, but you can do both. One heavy and one hypertrophy day every other bench day

>2nd

Hahahahahahahaha

Higher reps with relatively high weight will get you more mass then higher weight with few reps.

THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS

Jesus Christ

Newbies...

>hypertrophy day
lmao wtf is this shit

>falling for the hypertrophy meme.

Stop letting the jews win.

Haha I beat his ass like a bitch in college and he was roiding and taking clen. I was full natty. Take your bench to 225 by literally doing anything because 225 is achievable by anyone above 140lbs within 6 months lifting.

aka volume day

his advice is legit, albeit poorly worded
t. stick arms. Biggest redpill is that training across ALL rep ranges gives the most optimal gains, which means everything from 1RM bulgarian style PR hitting to 20 rep fuckery as Eric also does

autism

i think eric did that 20 rep squat thing to prove a point, not really a part of his training

I know people who do 3-4 rep ranges of weighted chins with heavy ass weight and their arms are jacked

1. He's on gear.
2. He's been lifting for 19 years, and has done hypertrophic volume training in the past.
3. You missed the part in his video where he said newbies ought to lift every day and do more than one exercise per day (ie, a bro split or PPL)

t. DYEL

dyel

He's not on gear and you can't prove that.

I can't prove that he worked out for 19 years?

What do you look like? Post pic

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim.

Prove he is on roids.

He's addressed it and denied it btw

>bigger than me
>says things that I don't think work actually do
>this doesn't make any sense
>I know, he must be on steroids

Veeky Forums

Sorry, I'm a newbie, what does PPL stand for?

push pull leg routine.

he said 2 at most 3 for noobs
and he's not on gear

Pleb

he never said anything about a brosplit or ppl and was specifically against having a laundry list of isolations and accessories which you have with those. for noobs he said 2 at most 3 lifts a day.

and he's not on gear

Rare picture of based natty gomad or gohome eric at the wwe tryouts!

You know man, i dream the day eric will come to Veeky Forums and be the new natty king and save us from the gains goblins

>works out for 19 years almost everyday
>lifts a crazy amount of weight
>does gomad
>most people in the picture are bigger than him

HES NOT NATTY NO WAY OMG

Any sort of gear that would make him stronger would increase his size to a larger degree. Especially with his rack pulls. Guys traps would be higher than the top of his head.

I literally went through that entire gallery looking for Eric and couldn't find him 'cause I'm retarded

Wrestling is shit, but I'd watch if Eric was snatching "cruiserweights" across the ring

youtube.com/watch?v=RvIsC7qKV7Y
2 seconds in

he did a video today Q&A someone asked about roids and he explained why he doesn't use it

I saw it pop up, haven't checked it out.

Last time it popped up he said something like he wouldn't stop using it and would go way too hard on it. That and money. I imagine his vid today said something along those lines.

Which makes sense considering how he trains and he literally drinks a fucking pot of coffee and does gomad to fuel his workouts. He seems to go all in or nothing.

If you can't bench 225 you have no business doing a hypertophy day.
Get reasonable numbers then start bb

so did Ronnie Coleman.

You totally missed the part where he said newbies should do two exercises and three is plenty. They should also be the same three exercises.

That is not proof he does roids you stupid fuck.

fucking dyels m8 swer on me mum
No it will in fact not.

Prove it will not.

strongerbyscience.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/

The only thing that matters is number of "difficult" (RPE >=8) sets, anything more than that is pure personal preference, though I'd recommend tailoring it for individual muscle fiber composition (explosive types stay with 1-3 repetions, average 4-8, endurance types 8+)

Not true. This is an oversimplification which assumes your programming is on point and you're using the correct rep ranges (6-12) on accessories.

Doing 5x1 @ 9rpe is not the same as doing 5x10 @ 9rpe.

Wrong.

where are your proofs.

As an aside, lately I've been more and more convinced that frequency trumps volume, I've been noticing significant improvements both in strength and body composition, despite using slightly lower overall volume than I did before.

great argument you got there, now point me to the studies that back you up

>where are my "proofs"

Nigga read your own article and then hop over to Mike Israetel's site and read the theory behind it or download Nuckols' 28 free programs and look at how the author of your article himself expects you to train. It's embarrassing that I know more about the source you linked than you do. I'm not gonna spoon feed your illiterate ass. If you want peer reviewed scientific studies on training go back to the USSR. Today's champions don't train with information from journals, they use results-proven training systems written by coaches who trained last year's champions. The fact of the matter is that university researchers with biology degrees don't have 40 international level athletes willing to do even a short 12 week double blind study (which is worthless unless you want to know how to get stronger for exactly 12 weeks, long term training is beyond the scope of journal articles), while world class coaches have entire teams of them to train for years and the results of their experiments are recorded in record books.

>anecdotal evidence

Lol, nope.

Science is literally anecdotes with controlled variables.

In the context of training athletes:
>each athlete does the same training system exactly as written under coach supervision
>progress and lifts are recorded
>tonnage, rep ranges, everything is known
>athletes are selected randomly from a larger pool of potentially world class athletes

Literally flawless scientific method. One could argue selection bias due to training under a coach being voluntary but truly world class coaches probably have way less difficulty finding a large number of volunteers than some dude with a biology degree trying to fill their research credit points.

how do you ensure recovery and motivation are consistent?

You don't. Motivation is typically a life factor which has nothing to do with how many reps you're doing, therefore it is simply part of what makes up the residual factor, whereas recovery is athlete specific and is therefore taken into account under the variance calculation for the "athlete" variable due to the fact that the "athlete" variable is a random effect selected from a larger population.

If you were to run a statistical analysis on the data all you'd need is a control group. Unfortunately no world class athlete is willing to be the control group because everyone wants to win medals, however you can compare the results of different coaches.

>That is not proof

Neither is
>He's addressed it and denied it

I dont know or care much whether hes on, but why even bring up what he claims when there's nothing to prevent him from lying? It's a worthless statement.

It's worthless to claim someone is on roids without proving it.

Go fuck yourself.

>worthless to claim someone is on roids

Did not do that. Insinuated sure, but the core of saying "Ronnie said it too" is that saying something about whether you use steroids either way is meaningless.

This guy looks dyel as fuck lifting heavy while jeff seid lifts babby weight and is big as fuck

Tough question

seid roids

Nigga he would dwarf Seid

Seid is 1 inch shorter and 15lbs lighter but several bf% lower. Bugenhagen would never be as jacked as Seid at the same bf% because he doesn't take gear.

Say that to his face not online

>inch shorter

Seid is like 5'9. But I agree with your premise regardless

Bugenhagen seems like a smart guy who has his priorities straight. I think he'd agree because his self worth doesn't revolve around being bigger than Ronnie Coleman.

Well he claims 6' but if he's shorter then it just makes being 215lbs lean even more unattainable.

All those gear heads there

that guy in the back with red shorts

>This guy whose physique relies entirely on gear is bigger than this guy who has never touched gear

autism

i speak from experience and not research in this,
for me the one key was dumbbell flyes.
I started off just benching 40kg for reps lol, i gained size and strength at the same time.
If you want size just do 4x10-12 each exercise.

post frontal

is this good enough mate?

are you 12?

probably 4 or more years above that yeah round abouts mate

16? I'm pretty sure you should be banned from here ma8y pat8y.

Are you trolling or are you seriously this fucking dumb

He looks better than you at 16

If he looks like that at 12 he'll be a megachad by the time he hits college

That's kinda true.
I had the most gains on nSuns routine.
You go for 5/3/1+1 nearly every single fucking day on a lift, then progressively go to higher reps with lower weight on that same lift.
Volume is brutal but if you remove nearly every memetic isolation exercise, you're in for monster gains.

>fall for the weighted chin meme
>doing 120 lbs for 1RM, 45 lbs for sets of 10
>get nice wide lats
>arms still small
>"b-but skinnyfat autists told me isolations are a waste of time!!!"
>start doing some curls a couple times a week
>arms considerably larger now
>back still juicy because 6 plate deadlift and 100x3 weighted pull-ups

I've literally never met anybody that does only rows or chins for their arms, and actually has big fucking arms. Brian Alsruhe says he does, but I'm 99% certain he's also on roids.

I believed this my first two years of lifting. Now I'm two years behind. Don't fall for this.

I didn't know the Village People were still around.

>99% certain hes on roids

bwhhahahahahaha
at least have some clue before you try to estat

he's in strongman, there is absolutely z-e-r-o fucking chance he isn't juiced to the gills.

not to mention his skin is bright red and his blood pressure is probably insane

It aint a meme, when you lift heavy for few reps, you have a lot more untapped lifting capacity left that you cant really do anything about with higher weights.

Its not like you cant do your high weight strength sets, then drop the weights and do a few volume sets at the end.

Nah.

So true, fuck this rep autism, singles are a bit too crazy but sub5 is neccessary and going up to 20 reps is also, if roided even higher.
And still we see
>4x8 or 3x12
Threads lmao

The second option obviously

Eat correctly and you will grow

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOODSSS

He isnt on gear.
But the rest is true, hes training for an endless amount of time, and he only says that advanced, strong athletes should try his style out, intermediate and beginners should just do fullbody or smth. Hes a split hater tho, only U/L allowed iirc

The 2nd one. I have a 225 bench and I'm dyel. Don't forget to do your accessories and volume work lads

>salty fags wanting to ban teens cuz they look better than them
With that physique his personal experience are worth more than 90% of the retards here, stop whining

How does he do gomad and not get fat. Is it cuz he works out everyday?

And first one obviously if you are eating well you will get that extremely fast. i tried the second one and had extremely slow progress and even stalled a couple of times, it really is just pump and fluff and would only work well if you're on gear.

he isn't in such big caloric surplus. why do people think that GOMAD makes you fat? caloric surplus makes you fat not food itself.

>tfw hit 2 pl8 today

bang bang
lord of gains in the building
i now run my gym. dyels are fucking scared

starting my working with 3x5 bench then DOING INCLINE BENCH, FLAT BENCH, DUMBBELL FLYES AND PEC DECK FOR 3X12

post chest bb

>you have to reach this number before you can focus on hypertrophy
I sort of agree with you but that's also stupid
I saw much better gains on flat bench doing a heavy 3x5 one day and a lighter 4x10 the next bench day. It works, lad.

>Brian Alsruhe
>Not roided to the gills
o lawd
Get a grip, mate. There's no way he's not juicing.
>muh training since 13
no

Wait Eric knows Terron Beckham? Did they go to the same school?

>He does strength training for hypertrophy

They are both important, however strength training will not grow you muscle sorry boo

>training flat or decline bench ever
lmfao DYEL?

good job mate, own that shit

Take your incline bench from 135 to 225 3x12 and you will be much bigger than the guy taking his flat bench for 135 to 225 3x5

mvp x2
very rare to find individuals like yourselves