/run/ general

Let's talk about how bad we are at running and why we like to injure ourselves.

What was your recent run?
How'd it feel?
What are your goals?

Other urls found in this thread:

strava.com/clubs/fitizens
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he shouldn't have ran from the cops

Recovering from getting fat. Again. Due to myself.

Ran 3.6 today. Old knee injury started to hurt again. Feels good to be back, though. Gonna keep at it.

I'm freaking the fuck out.

I have 1 month left to get a 11 minute 2.4k
Currently I can only run 1 mile in 7 mins 30 secs

I've yet to run more than a mile without stopping. I have been platued at a mile for a while now.

Can someone write me a m/w/f running program that will add half a mile to my run endurance in 30 days?

(The run is tested on a treadmill and I do my running on a treadmill, so I can use that to my advantage)

Today was endurance day. Did 8 miles about 7:20 minute mile pace. Goal is to finish this routine and be running 30 miles per week in three more weeks. Then school starts again and if my depression doesn't sap my energy I will maybe start training for a faster 10k. Currently about 42 minutes, but it shouldn't be hard to get to 36 or a little lower by winter.

Just run more, fag.

Couch to 10k.

>What was your recent run?
It was nice, went on my favorite beach.

>How'd it feel?
Excellent, bit of pain from old injuries but well worth the endorphin rush.

>What are your goals?
I want to run a sub 21 minute 5k, currently I am at 24:13 as a PR.

What is the running equivalent of 1/2/3/4?

Assuming I'm running on a track with mid-foot strike(that's correct, right?), will my knees still explode if I run an hour a day 5 times a week?
I've been doing step (basically running in place) an hour almost every day for more than a year, no injuries.
I've had tendonitis issues when I've tried switch to jumprope(proper form, correct shoes, ect.) a couple of times, so I'm weary of running.

Run those miles in real life... on roads. TreadmI'll is dead easy after running roads.

my government push sofa to 15k is this high expectation for public? hmmmmm?

you're gonna have a big trouble switching to irl

>11 second 100 meter
>5 minute mile
>16 minute 5k
>2:30:00 marathon

He's being tested on treadmill. My suggestion is to get good on real roads and progress that... better time on treadmill should be cake.

he's gonna be in big trouble boy, you not hear me?

Question, is there any specific routines out there for a 3km race? I'm currently just below 15 minutes. What do

>>What was your recent run?
19 miler today at 10 min/mile.
>>How'd it feel?
Pretty good, it wasn't balls hot outside.
>>What are your goals?
Sub 4 marathon.

>ran a 49.1 400m back when I ran track

Yeah dude we can't run

>11 second 100m
>2:30 marathon

That combination would make you a world class decathlete, definitely not 1234 lmao

Ran babbies first half marathon yesterday. Completed it in 1:52, happy to get in under 2 and have no injuries.

Some regrets I could have pushed harder but will be entering more in the future

My heart pounds after walking up a 100 ft hill, I'm not fat either I'm 170 at 6'2, I only lift and no cardio but i think I should start because I feel really unhealthy

your heart will thank you for it, m8

congrats, man, that's awesome!

damn boi, you beastly

Good apps for running?

is there a good nonnovice training program from scratch? haven't run in a couple months, but I used to do casual 10+mile runs at 7minutes/mile, and I feel like couch to 5k/such are overreactions on the safety side (I have decent vo2/strength base, and am young and obligation free enough to chance a minor injury)

Went running today. Doing couch to 5k and just completed week 3. I'm 5'6 and 166 pounds. Last 2 sessions my left inner knee was kinda hurting but I still completed the runs. Think it might be cause I don't stretch as much as I should since stretch for like 15 seconds then go. Any other advice (already planning on learning2stretch)?

I can do this run in less than 8 minutes, the secret to running fast is to run more. If you want to do more than a mile the trick is to not stop.

First run in like a month. Started out slow but my last mile was 6:18 pace.

This is too spooky my fellow runnerfags. I havent been an active runner in 2 years and gained back a lot of weight I lost because of life problems. Started to get back into it a few weeks ago since I have more of a hold on things and naturally I feel like dying. Missed a run on Friday so I went 2 laps around the school campus and managed do do 3.27 miles in 31.39 minutes. Somewhat ok for fattie status but I didnt feel tired but I had to go back in since my trail on campus is closed off at night and a squad car was waiting for the sun to go down.
Tonight I decided to run earlier planning on doing a quick 45 mins. I ran 9.42 miles in 1:48:37 non-stop and I only stopped since it was getting late and im fearing injury. Ive hardly eaten a cup of oatmeal and a peach all day yet ive suddenly decided to try to break previous PRs. My thighs are on fire and I cant leave myseat without shuffling like an old man. Give it to me straight /run/, how injured am I probably going to be? I swear im gonna be regreting this all week. Im not even sure how I managed this.
9.42 miles in
Depends what youre looking for.
Runkeeper is good for recording things like time, distance, pace, and so on plus you can see your GPS route on google maps. It has some decent training programs but the pro edition has a lot more but costs money. So its pretty standard and I cant complain besides some gps hiccups.
C25K/C210K is good for strictly training if youre new and want to learn how to run. You cant really review your progress on the basic edition. You just get a check in the box for each workout finished.

You'll be sore for a few days lol, just take them as rest days and try to relax. I feel like if you fucked something up, you would have felt it during the run.

Canadian armed forces bro?

Need to do a 2.4k in ~11 minutes as per the canadian armed forces guideline before i start BMOQ, have to do a 5k too, since morning PT they might make me do one

On couch to 5k now, my shitty shoes set me back a bit and treadmill fucked me too, gonna go all track now with good shoes

Just started getting back to running after an 8 month hiatus. I can barely run 800 meters without stopping, and my heart rate sometimes goes up to 210 (probably shouldn't have drank a sip before running lmao). My stride rate is 160 spm, which is also dogshit. At least I'm 30 lbs lighter now, so hopefully I'll see some speed gains to my 5k when I'll finally be able to run with a better cadence and without stopping.

Try running slower first, just focus on being able to run a bit more than a mile without stopping, then go back to increasing your speed. The block may partially be mental, you may find it a lot easier to run a mile without stopping the second time.

I fucked up my post , when I said a mile, I meant 2.4 km or about 1.5 mile.

Anyone else here run because they like it?

I always run at night, usually around 10pm. It's so relaxing to not have to be near people and just run.

>Currently about 42 minutes, but it shouldn't be hard to get to 36 or a little lower by winter.
pretty lofty goals there mate

I loved running at night, but I changed my sleep schedule recently, so I can't do it until autumn, when it will start to get dark early again.

I hate running at night. The roads by my house are pretty fast/busy. 4-6am is perfect though.

I'm already consistently faster than when I did 42:00. And that goal would only be about 6:00 per mile and that's my pace for tempo runs. As I keep training them and increasing the time I should be pretty close.

I joined the Air Force. Gotta run 1 and a half miles under 15 minutes, i generally run 2 miles in 18 minutes, any tips to get this time down? I normally run my 2 miles mondays and wednesdays

>lower back feels sore after running
Have I fucked up?

>you cant critisize me unpess you are me

Just ran 10 miles for the first time, took about 2 hours including stopping for cars, walking, and water

I have a sunburn and it isn't super awful but I don't know if I should run today since I don't want it to get worse, wat do.

Terrible.
How'd it feel?
Painful.
What are your goals?
I just want to run a half-marathon without any injuries. Besides that, I'd like to get to 4 minutes per kilometer for 5k.

But no, my body is somehow against me. I hurt my right calf really badly, no idea what happened, if it was just a turbocramp or if I tore something a bit but it hurt and still hurts.
I just want to run, man.

don't keep running with an old injury flares up. get neutral shoes without a higher sole and avoid heelstriking

you need to sit less and stretch those hip flexors

Why does nobodies ( or rarely) ever recommend watching the horizon / fat away ?

I used to perform the beta run , not looking further than 3 meter in front of me , I recently got good trails shoes and I can literally ignore my path and keep looking the trail as far as possible , really make the run way easier in the head .

Wait no I'm dumb, it took an hour and 45 minutes

Threadly reminder, lads: strava.com/clubs/fitizens

that sounds more reasonable then. if youre already doing tempo runs at that pace your 10k should already be at like 38

Treadmill 5k in about 27 minutes

>How'd it feel?
Pretty good, a little tightness in calves, but nothing bad.

>What are your goals?
I'm currently just trying to run about 4 5ks a week in less than 28 minutes each. The goal isn't too crazy & it keeps me burning calories all week.

pretty sure that is mentioned in all beginner runner check lists dud
e

My current goal is to run a marathon. I've been training all year. I'm running 8 - 10 miles per day now, and I run 13 - 15 miles on Saturday. I'm hoping to run my first marathon in October.

1.52 for a half marathon first time is pretty good.

What's your normal routine like?

I did it, guys. I ran 10 miles for the first time just now. It took an hour and fifty minutes, but just six months ago I was struggling to do a single mile and my knee was exploding.

These threads are going to save my fucking life.

Ran a 5k the other day, 19:40.
Could've gone faster, but I'm starting to train for a half marathon and wanted to get a 5k time for pace.
Goals are to have good workouts, no real time goals in mind, would like to get 5k time to around 16 and mile time to sub 5.

Fucking terrible. Tore my meniscus on Friday. Can barely walk, and didn't even get any decent painkillers because every doctor in Massachusetts is too terrified to prescribe opiates.

It's a knee I had surgery on when I was 13. I'm missing some of the weight bearing tissue in it. Docs said I would just have a little pain in it for the rest of my life. Only hurts at the end of long runs and when the weather changes and a little stretching alleviates it.

>13

noice job m8

look up kratom as a potential painkiller. shit tastes nasty af but if you measure it out and slug it, it's basically just as effective as any opiate based painkiller. you'd be looking for a red strain for pain relief, if you need it

Keep up the good work user.

running is the thinking man's exercise
best time to go is at sunset when the sky turns purple and the air is clearer

Been running or biking every day for the past week
-Ran a 22 minute 5k on thursday casually
-Biked 20 miles on friday
-Ran another 5 miles on saturday (took it slow though)
-Ran a 10k yesterday in around 45 minutes

I haven't been too consistent lately, but as I up the mileage, I hope to get back to a 20 minute 5k at least. Fastest time I recorded for myself last year was a 5:20 mile; with that kind of speed I should be able to hit an 19 minute 5k if I really prepped for it for a month or two. I haven't been doing enough speed shit though...

What was your recent run?
>21.1k, I bailed out because I was cold, and was hoping to do more. Oh well, good enough for goverment work lol
How'd it feel?
>pretty bad bailing, but the cardio high is always good.
What are your goals?
>today, 15km app. to put me over 400km for the month. Long term, I want to run longer distances.

kratom is great man, I have bad eczema flare-ups every once in a while, and it helps stop the itching

Anyone read 'born to run' by this bloke Christopher McDougall? I'm reading it right now. Its an easy read, sucks you right in but sometimes its a bit hard to believe. I'm still undecided.

Still a good read about the passion of running. Also it made me really curious about running barefoot. I have a shitload of problems with my feet and knees and spent so much money on inlay soles and running shoes but nothing helps for long. Maybe going barefoot will..

It's a really enjoyable book. I read Scott Jurek's Eat and Run afterwards, which was alright, but definitely preachy about veganism.

I picked up a pair of Xero Trails after reading Born to Run and ran in those for a little bit to slowly get myself used to it. Running on pavement is actually a lot better than running on grass and lets you learn a lot more quickly if you're doing anything wrong, form wise. I've been using Merrel Vapor Glove 2s and mostly just use my sandals for general walking/hiking now, but the Vapor Glove 2s are 100% my favorite. I haven't had any real issues with my form or potential injuries cropping up.

If you get into the barefoot meme, just take it slow with them. You can keep running in your normal shoes for the time being but don't forget to slowly ease yourself into running with zero drops/no cushion/barefoot.

Meant to say running barefoot on pavement is a lot better than on grass*

>be in running club
>today is speed drill day
>we meet at the track
>it's 800m intervals for today's workout
>have newcomer to club
>he is finally able to run a 5k
>he gets this "genius idea" to run like Naruto
>explains it will make us more aerodynamic
>we explain if that really was the case, runners everywhere would have done it a really long time ago
>he wants to prove us wrong
>he pairs up his 800m partner with a person (ill call him A) who has been running for two years--not fast but can do distance
>they take off
>they are side by side
>A just laughs and takes off
>Naruto is trying to catch up
>runs hard
>does not catch up
>endsup tripping hard and faceplanting
>we check on him
>at least he is okay
>he is
>at his next inteval repeat
>he forgoes running like Naruto
>he is still way slower, but is closer to A than before
>finally mention that he should listen next time, as "genius ideas" are usually idiotic

What the fuck did you just say?

What app is that?

Strava.

>mfw i have plantar fasciitis
Life is suffering

what a cunt lol
at least he came around

I think he's saying that his local government pushes C215k as a standard for lazy citizens and he's asking if it's too much to ask.

No, it's not too much to ask.

Yeah man it's kind of exciting. When fall semester starts in three weeks I'll be back in a town better than my shit hole and the 6-10 mile distances I'll be running is the distance between my university and this other cute town I like to visit sometimes. I can just run between cities lol.

This winter I will be making fun of everyone here who runs 10k slower than 36:00. Get ready for it, guys.

kek
Reminds me of a guy who saw me running and told me I was running wrong, taking small strides. He showed me how I was suppose to run, clearly overstriding and with a cadence of maybe 160 spm. I explained to him this was bad, but couldn't convince him.

>Not using the trail gloves
It's like you enjoy stepping on rocks. I loved my old road gloves but they finally about bit the dust as the bottoms are just too thin. Got the trail gloves 3 and am really enjoying these shoes and I don't even use them on trails.

Honestly, I don't even mind stepping on rocks lol. I'll hardly pay attention to the trail and really never have any issues. I think my last 10 mile run I did I had maybe two instances of stepping on a shitty rock and it didn't really even do much.

What's the fucking point in running?
Running from what?

It's so boring, literally, what am I supposed to think while I run? there's no reps to count

2 miles into my first run, I felt the worst abdominal cramps. About a minute later, it was clear I had the shits. I ended up having to pull my pants down on the side of the alleyway and let it pour out like soda from a soda fountain. Is this common for runners? Will it go away?

Very common. I can't believe you've never watched runners at a marathon before. There's so much shit on the side of the race path that they have dedicated teams to pick it all up.

>2017
>not running
lol

> be skelly
> do soccer refereeing on Sunday
> end up with this

Why do I bother running

>tfw hip flexors hurt

what did I do to deserve this

If I weigh 30% more than my team mate (because of height, muscle build, etc), am I doing 30% more work than he is while going up a hill?

>there's no reps to count

You can measure yourself against time spent runnings; distance covered; highest speed; highest speed at longest duration' maximum heart rate, number of other runners you beat across the finish line etc

There are a lot of things that you could count.

>From what?

user, has it ever occurred to you that people might be running towards something?

For me it's about testing the physical and psychological boundaries of my body

Lmao that is not realistic for 99.999% of people

Currently run 10k at 40 min :-( I will do better for you user

Don't be silly, user, trolls can't count.

You're supposed to count the stupid fat normie runners and old cyclists you take over.

I only had this happen to me once, but I had diarrhea that day to begin with. Just make sure shitting precedes running during your day.

are those stores where they measure your feet and have you run on a treadmill while filming to run in slowmo and look at your pronation/supination to get the best shoe a meme?

Depends. If they instantly suggest the most expensive or least sold shoe then most likely. However consultation is free(at least at the store I went to) and if they recommend a shoe you dont have to buy it that day and you can do your own research on the shoe and feedback and see if it doesnt sound like bullshit. I know that Roadrunner lets you try for 90 days risk free or whatever but I think thats only if you have the vip membership.

It's actually a really good thing if you go in knowing nothing about your running. If you are quite experienced however, trying out shoes yourself is enough. Recommendations are never a bad thing however

how accurate are step trackers on the iphone? Not the apple watch.

what excites me is whether or not I'll manage to break my PR. I'll start with a PR pace and will be like "oh boy, it's happening today" along the way. If it doesn't happen, well, at least I pushed myself, i.e. I'll use the gains from this run to push myself even further next time. Eventually I'll break my PR, set a new goal, and the cycle continues.

I run 5ks, started last July, first time was 39 minutes. 2 days ago I run it in 26 minutes. It doesn't sound super crazy but it's a huge achievement for me. One step at a time, I managed to bring my time down by 13 minutes in just one year. All those times, I quit half way through because of feeling like shit, all those times I did not quit and pushed myself to my maximum limits, barely breathing, feeling like dying, have paid off. And it always pays off, which is why I love running.

Anyone here run in Hoka One Tracer? I need new shoes and I've heard some decent things about these. Are they any good?

How do you guys handle alcohol? Invited to a party on saturday, but sunday is long run day