Life efficiency thread

Life efficiency thread.

Working 40-50 hours a week, lifting, self-improving, and making those social gains isn't easy. Those little efficiency tricks can make all the difference.

What are you going to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your life? How are you going to make it if you keep wasting time?

Other urls found in this thread:

thedrive.com/news/12848/driving-more-than-two-hours-a-day-makes-you-dumber-report-says
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I go grociery shopping and cook everything on Sunday since I usually have no energy on Sundays, Its amazing to have my food for work all ready to go rather than throw it together late every night/morning

Meal preppers are the most pathetic idiots who will never make it

Prove it

shes got a really long torso and short legs.

overrated IMO

That makes no fucking sense.

>tfw every single champion in sport pays for meal prep

I cut my social gains and dropped all friends so I could make room for mental gains

I've got 23 employees and most of my "work" throughout the week is paperwork and handling the occasional squabble between female staff.

Also, it makes life more efficient because I'm no longer producing everything myself.

>Working 40-50 hours a week

lol wagecuck

I jerk off while taking a shit. It saves time and feels kind of good, no homo.

I brush my teeth and piss while showering in the morning

Touch a nerve, preppie?

It's sometimes the poorest quality bait that get's the most bites

How's mummys house going?

working 40-50+ hours a week is the ultimate life cuck so fix that first i guess

I used to shower twice a day, after I woke up and after the gym. Now I only wash my hair in the morning and only shower after gym. It saves me like 10-15 minutes every morning

>not getting your mum or gf to cook for you
shiggydiggydoo

is that shopped?

also no milkys pasta?

I checked out the gyms in my town before choosing my flat. 5mn walk to gym vs 20mn walk/drive to gym is 30mns per day

IF, 20 mns gained in morning, easier cuts, and if some social/professional event comes up, I can eat like a normie without fucking up my shit, and avoid looking like a nutrition anal-retentive freak in front of business relations

ditch the car. most commutes are quicker on bike because no traffic jams. if two long, bike goes on the bus, use apps to read or work with dictation on phone, make good use of commute time.

Learn a lot about cooking. Spices+stir fry, I can whip up a cheap,healthy, and nice meal in 10 mns flat if in a pinch, washing up included. Nothing against prep, but I don't like re-heated food.

I work 50 hours in a job I love, with shitty schedules ( restaurant manager)
I tried leaving the food industry, got a 35 hr desk job with the same pay, all my evenings and week-ends free, quit and went back to restaurants after 2 weeks, I was fucking miserable.
The cuckest thing there is is not working for something you love, and going to work waiting for the bell like some retarded high-schooler. That coffe-machine-cool of criticizing everything and everyone at work to look red-pilled is the most pathetic and beta thing I see adults do.

My colleagues are my friends, we know each others lives and bf's/gf's, those on days often pop in to grab a drink or a bite, run an errand for those working. Having fun working hard with good people is the best thing ever, 60 hrs/week is a breeze.

Milky mama! Give milkies!

Prepare everything you can in advance
Meal prepping is just first tier
Second tier is preparing packs of clothes you're going to wear each day of the week
Prepare a bag in advance if you use one
Set tasks for the week and set reminders for them

Jesus Christ, user. You must have been a Parisian plongeur in a past life or some shit.

>look mom im trying to make new meme xDD

Some ways to save time:

// General //

1) Pack all your shit the night before, even if it cuts out a bit of your sleep time

2) Meal prep and cook food in batches. Don't bother with fancy meals unless you're into it; several hours cooking for 15 minutes of eating = time wasted.

3) Batch tasks. For example doing driving errands in one go, house chores in one go etc.

4) Concurrent activity. Basically multi-tasking but in a good way. For example, don't just watch a pot boil, cut your veg at the same time. Waiting in a queue? Send that CV on your phone.

// Gym //

1) Overlapping exercises. Probably works better on a full-body routine but you could still use it on a split. Just start the next exercise after 50%+ of your sets on the current exercise are done. This is ofc easier if the body parts used don't overlap e.g. bench press and tricep extension.

2) Make a note of when it's less busy and turn up then

3) Run/bike to the gym to save on warming up time (and fuel money)

4) Time your rest periods. Do all of your logging/chatting during those. Some people at the gym love to chat, which is cool, but it can be inefficient

I'll post more if I think of any, I'm quite into organisation and efficiency.

Make any?

// relationships //

1) if you're hanging out with people and you find yourself spending more time looking at your phone or watch, are you really getting that much out of the friendship.

2) an hour of focussed attention on your gf in conversation is easily worth ten hours lying on the couch together looking at facebook.

3) don't ever jettison your family - someone needs to be at your side when you're being lowered into the ground.

Tfw no tittymonster gf

Wake up at 6am, practice piano, drink green tea, 7am go to gym, work at 9am

The best feeling is that I have had a successful day before 9am, anything after that is a bonus

The real lifehack is marinated chicken

Make 'em all, freeze em, and just slap them in the oven when you get home, takes zero time and is delicious and nutritious every time

What marinades do you use?

Post delicious marinade recipes pls.
I work 45-50 hours a week.
I lift on my lunch break
Because I'm cutting and intermittent fasting i only worry about what I'm having for dinner (which I typically graze on from 5pm till 8ish)
I learned to like my coffee black, and I drink tons of water from the cooler at work, this encourages me to periodically get up and walk and stay sharp.
I don't meal prep for weeks at a time, but I tend to cook huge dinners that will give me 2 or 3 days of leftovers.
Crockpot or slow cooker is your friend.
Instead of browsing the internet before bed I read books, this has yielded mental gains as well as sleep gains.
Because I'm sleeping well during the week I don't feel the need to crash late on the weekends, so I have a lot more productive time. I've found actually scheduling my weekend to some degree greatly improved my enjoyment of the time I spend, as it reduces wasted time. I've also found having a detailed to do list eliminates so much stress. When its time to relax I can actually relax without a bunch of question marks and vague worries.
Staying organized and tidy may be seem like a lot of work up front but it saves so much effort in the long run.
Always invest a little more for a quality product (if you can afford it) this will save you time and money and frustration later. For example, my $100 button up is so much easier to care for and keep wrinkle free and looking good than the $50 one from H&M that wrinkles up like tissue paper if you look at it wrong.

I brush my teeth and shower at the same name time.

I waffle stomp the little poos that come out in the shower.

I heard you can eat your own poop to recycle the calories

>get slow cooker
>cooking today's dinner and tomorrow's lunch while at work
Crock pots are underrated

I like to cook when I get home from work. I have about a dozen recipes I rotate through. Breakfast and lunch are always the same though.

Routine - Up at 4, gym until 630. Work from 7-5, dinner at 630. MBA classes or TV from 730-9. Sleep.

He's posting here isn't he?

DELET THIS

One thing that is really holding me back is my procrastination / lack of motivation. Even if something is easy I will still find an excuse not to do it. A lot of people will just say "force yourself to do it" but that doesn't work. I'll just end up staring at my project for an hour and then going to Veeky Forums or something. Send help lads.

Just admit you're trash that will never amount to anything.

If you can't be motivated to improve naturally, it's your body's biological way of telling you you're beta and that you need to stay out of the way and avoid competition to survive.

Working 40- 50 hours doesn't make you efficient. Depending on your job you might be causing more harm than anything else. Even some rich grow are doing nothing but destroy the planet and people around them for greed. And 40- 50 hours serving McDonald's isn't "efficient " either.
You seem to be confused and think the purpose of life is to work, no matter what that work is. Truth is some people would be more efficient if they didn't work

Actually taking vacations and having more reasonable work hours has time and time again been shown to improve efficiency of workers. I don't think that word means what you think it means. Efficiency is not working as much as possible, efficiency is getting the most work done in the least amount of time. Someone can work 1 hour and still be quite efficient depending on the work done. Saying you worked 40- 50 hours is meaningless in terms of efficiency

Procrastination is for the most part a habit and poor discipline, you can make progress with it by pushing your self to do it when you don't want to which will help build up some tolerance. Get a stop watch app or some shit and just time yourself for how much you can tolerate at one time and then do something else for abit and push for a longer period of time. Motivation comes in two forms the common one that you probably associate it with is that I NEED TO DO THIS NOW feeling, it could be you are horny or just really want to have some fun after a depressing day but its kind of just that jerk of i want to do it. The other is through doing a task that is rewarding or will be rewarding for you in the long term, doing something with school or a boring day job will make you suffer but so will all things so you need yourself a goal to look to when you are suffering to be able to shake off the depressing shit and say i can handle this for now because the reward is coming because I am making it come to me. Write down your goal and look at it everyday.
>tldr
Motivation is impulses and your ability to chase a goal with the knowledge that all things will make you suffer regardless of what they might be or how they make you feel.

my nigga

You said " 'em," "em," and "them" in the same sentence.

Actually yes. Used to work in a pizza place, we would order a 60 lb of chicken breast strips, put it in a huge tub, marinate it, leave it in the freezer until it was time to cook.

That shit will stay good for weeks.

I gotta go get a 60lb box of chicken. Fucking cheap.

>Explodes

>t. NEET
It's true some people aren't maximising their work time, but some of us make the most of our time at the office, which is why we are progressing up the ladder and into financial success.
Who do you think got promoted sooner, my coworker who worked exactly 40 hours, and spent every spare minute either snacking or fucking around on his phone? Or me who spent spare time at the office organizing sales samples, creating excel macros to save myself and my boss time on daily tasks, and going around asking people what I could take off their plate?
There's a reason he's still making entry level pay and doing entry level work while I've been given my own team and 160% of his pay.
If you are going to be spending 1/3 of your day at work then apply yourself and git gud. By the time I'm 30 I'll be working a lot less and making a lot more.

Thanks, I'll try to push myself to do shit, even if it's a little at a time.

Great. Really looking forward to hearing about that.

good work, user.

Simplifying your relationships down to phone time is a mistake. Don't reduce peoples worth by their attention span mate.

why the fuck would i care what's happening while i'm being lowered into the ground? did you write this post while a dick was being lowered into your gay butt?

Usually your mother's cunt sludge and your father's diarrhea.

>tfw gonna be working 40+ hours a week and gonna be driving and hour to and from work every day soon
Shit's gonna be rough for a little while. Living more than 20 minutes from work makes me want to suicide.

I actually agree. In theory meal prepping is good, however in practice a lot of people I see meal prepping tend to undereat their tdee.

I never meal prep and just eat PIZZA while making mad GAINS in the time these faggots prepare their 7 times broccoli chicken

little trick I learned to get more of an "alpha" head resting position

wear a hat angled so that it barely covers your eyes that way you're forced to keep your chin up in a dominant position instead of looking at the ground like a tree hugging bisexual

I wrote this, but not this

kys negative nancy.

>Living more than 20 minutes from work makes me want to suicide.
I worked hazardous waste for a year with an hour to work and an hour home. Audiobooks, talk shows, and a playlist are going to turn something awful it something tolerable or fun.

Please. I haul hazardous waste around with me at all times in the form of a filthy, goopy vagina.

>driving with a woman

That's what i did for year and half.
12hours a day.
2hr commute in the morning
1,5 hr commute in the evening

Stay strong brother

>slow cook all my lunches for the week on the weekend
>average 2-3 bucks per meal
>actually healthy and high in protein and fiber
>my cuck friends are spending 8+ bucks per day on lunch
>always mirin my meals
>"wow user, that smells so good!"
>"i wish i could cook like that XD"
>literally no excuse for being unable to cook in 2017
>raw ingredients cheaper than prepared food
>10,000 versions of any recipe you want simply by googling
>ingredients and spices from around the globe in your local grocery
Not being able to cook in 2017 means you're either literally retarded (in which case, your handler should be cooking for you), or you're just a lazy failure.

Maybe my handler's too busy changing your wife's diaper, fuccsucc.

meal prep for more than a day in advance, actually is retarded.

if you can't see why, then you are probably also retarded.

If you can't articulate why, then you are probably also retarded.

I have time to waste. I always leave time for messy nights out and just generally fucking about. I only work 4 days a week 9-5 so I can afford to.

● Unless you're a neet, you probably feel like you have no extra time. And decide to sacrifice sleep. Don't. That ruins your gains.

● Try hitting on that 10/10 to practice, you'll be surprised that they agree to go out/fuck more often than you'd think.

I recently bought one of those amazon basics smoothie blender. Makes things a lot easier if I can just blend some whey, oats and milk the evening before and have the breakfast ready to go in the morning.

Waking up at 6:30..
What a good life.
Try starting work at 7:00 and having an hour of commuting by car.

thedrive.com/news/12848/driving-more-than-two-hours-a-day-makes-you-dumber-report-says
careful m8

why does stupid shit like this make me laugh
i want to kill myself now.

Charles buchowski has been an edgy 14 year old his whole life.
People who parrot his shit can't fathom that man was meant to work, that even retirees seek labor in order to avoid becoming mindless media consuming zombies. We are hardwired to seek challenge that rewards us. Though many people are complacent and live their whole lives waiting for something to save them from their mediocrity rather than trying to rise above it, becoming eternal cubicle monkeys doing just enough to get by.
A man who grind out his hours at the office to work towards a goal is way more noble than an armchair philospher.

u sound like such a faggot

How does wash hair with no shower?

why would you meal-prep 3+ days in advance? Anyone who gives a shit about food quality knows that any cooked veg or meat goes to shit in the fridge after a few days, and freezing and thawing meals to eat isn't ideal, but it is better than dealing with mushy broccoli and rubbery chicken.

Cooking is fun anyways, I like to do it everyday.

Least I have enough time to type out the entirely of the word "you". So here's your (you) faggot.

the guy was a drunk who fucked numerous women on a rotating basis for much of his life

his life had just as much meaning as anyone who spent it as a normie. I'm not advocating for alcoholism but it doesnt make his life any less or more than someone who works and raises a family. its all incomparable

you are being criticized because you have rationalized having a nice button up and other meaningless crap as some answer to life's purpose. behind your thin veneer of daily efficiency and adequacy there is a depth you cannot comprehend without losing satisfaction for what drives you currently, user.

Three words:
Shit shower squats.

Combine 3 vital routines into one.

Pro-mode: Mix in some sit-ups to squeeze the shit down the drain with the back of your head, or push-ups with your face.

>he drank and got laid
Doesn't really diminish the idea that he was perpetually an edgy teen.

My criticism was pointed at the NEETs that parrot his quote, more so than at him anyway. He at least produced some books that were interesting reads and played with literary convention.

Philosophers are good at interpreting the world. The goal however, is to change it.

>d-d-d-defrosting food the night before is really hard :(
>c-cooking is fun, you're missing out!

Well I'm convinced.

Sick roast faggot. Now go play outside again.

Dad passes away unexpectedly, find out he owned a house in an expat community in the Dominican Republic that was his secret slampad. Inherit a little over $200,000 find out with the exchange rate I could live there 10 years without working. Get the paperwork to emigrate there.

> bye mom, I'm going to go live in DR and fuck mulattas and thick latinas for a while, maybe I'll be back in a few years

After 6 months of not working, I felt like I wanted to blow my brains out, and I had become an alcoholic and got chlamydia and herpes because the local girls all hate using condoms. My expat fellow White Americans were all trashy weirdos.

Eventually moved back home, sobered up and got a regular fucking job, at least I learned a little Spanish. But not having a job isn't exactly as fun as you'd think unless something is broken in your brain.

scheduling your time is very important. as is sleep. this upcoming semester for like the first time ever i'm able to exclusively take online courses. so everything should be completely fine, even though i'm working full time and taking a full load of classes.

i wake up at 4:30am every day for work (and on days i don't work for consistency). after work i exercise, and when the semester starts my plan is then to immediately shower and do my bedtime routine (face, brush teeth, put pjs on, pluck eyebrows if needed etc). then i'll do schoolwork until 8:20pm, when i go to bed.

and there will be like cooking and eating in there too. probably not time to watch tv or whatever so maybe i'll watch lecture videos while eating to save on some time.

we can do this! :P

I also like to save time by using the acronym mns instead of mins for minutes.

I'm not sure what you're on about user. I have paid my debt from college and several trips off in less than a year, made a lot of new friends with my spare time on the weekends, picked up new hobbies like rock climbing and caving thanks to my improved fitness and money management, and even acquired a fitness gf with similar interests.
I dress better because I have both the means and the self respect that warrants it. I don't derive self worth from my nice shirt and my hard work at the office. I demand higher quality and efficiency in all areas because I have greater self worth.
Apply yourself.

Kys faggot

F U G
Who is this

Bait or brainlet?

Yes, who?
My dick needs to explode

My IRL gf.

How do I get a mommy like this?

Realizing I have a pretty good thing going. Everything I need is close by and I recently have built upon good habits. Started just going to the gym to at least get in the habit of going.

Though I seem to forget about all that after a bad morning of work. 8 hours of clicking a mouse in the office repeatedly for about 30 minutes of actual work. If I have a good book, the day flies. Have something on the side I am trying to get to a level I feel is adequate. Though in the meantime it is just learning to fill those hours at work so I don't let my thoughts drive me crazy.

Building a good routine upon healthy habits has been a life saver. Just need to remember I have it good.

i think that picture is photoshopped