Did lat raises for the first time ever

>did lat raises for the first time ever
>only used 15 lbs dumbells
>have the WORST DOMS in my life

What the absolute fuck?

15lbs is a lot for lateral raises. I started at 5lbs.

why are lats the hardest thing to do.

i started on 25, extremely hard, but my progress on them are getting higher and higher

>mfw when i visualize my future neck gains though

>lat raises
>worst doms
Do you not do military presses at all?
There are a ton of workouts that work those muscles secondarily.

There are like 4 different things wrong with this post

The press doesn't nearly give me DOMS this bad

Negative ghost rider i count five
Show your cards sir

help me then, or keep quiet

15lb is a fine starting point for lat raises. Do not expect quick progression, especially if you don't have dumbells in 2.5 lb increments. However, like all new exercises, the doms will become much less severe if you continue to do theme.

>keep quiet
>we weren't being quiet before

dude you might be legit having a stroke

When I first started lifting I did about a month of bodyweight before going to the gym since I was a skinny shit. Did a bunch of pullups to failure on my first workout, not much but idk how many (sets of 3 or 4 probably). Next morning I literally could not raise my arms cause my lats hurt so fucking bad - didn't really know about DOMS either so I though I seriously hurt myself.

I think it's just one of those muscle groups that is rarely targeted, so when they do get hit hard for to the first time you fucking feel it.

1. lat raises are lateral raises, they work your deltoids, not your neck
>started on 25lb lateral raises
>no picture with few
>"why are they the hardest thing" they are, compare them to your other lifts, they hurt and you don't use a lot of weight

i just did 3x20 with 12 kg it felt like burning hell but i rarely experience shoulder doms. only after heavy rdls

The first time I tried doing pull ups I could only do negatives, jump up and slowly lower myself. The problem started only an hour after, I couldn't physically flew my lats, like they cramped instantly. Then the next day the doms were insane, it took me about 3 days to recover and it felt like I added serious muscle in that one time workout.

Yea, newbie DOMS kill but the gains are amazing. My little bro is a turbomanlet (5'3) and skinny as fuck, and about a month ago I finally convinced him to at least start with a bodyweight/weight training routine (we have a bench and weights in our apt). He's been working hard and I can literally see him getting bigger week by week; legit jelly as fuck. Wish I could feel that sense immediate progression as satisfaction again.

Hilarious watching him waddle into the kitchen sore af though. Watched him reach for a bowl from the cupboard for breakfast and just groan in pain cause his lats were toasted, but hey that's how you know shit is working

yeah ofc they work delts, but they also impact your traps.. hence neck gains..?

and when i asked why they are the hardest things to do i wasnt mocking him, i was sympathizing

>shoulder DOMS
>rdls

Wat

>For the first time ever

That's why.

Have you even done rear deadlifts before? They destroy your shoulders.

have you ever lifted anything heavier than 3pl8 ? if not pls stop.

I walked for the first time yesterday and I have the worst moms. What the fuck?

>mfw I fucked up my workout one week cause I had to leave the gym early
>ended up doing lats/back one day and then having to do chest/arms the next
jesus fucking christ I was in legit agony. went to the gym with my lats on fire, and every single time I lowered myself into position for anything or picked a weight up I nearly collapsed. never again

>moms
SJW NU FOXKIK PLS GOOOO

Rear deadlifts? I thought you meant romanian. Unless you're a different user.

I'm close to 4 plate deads as a 1rm and i've never once gotten shoulder doms from them. At least not that I can remember

>tfw trying to scoop ice cream out of a really hard frozen ice cream pint
my forearms are fucking killing me but I think if I keep at it I should have a climber's body in a few months

Bump