Going in Tuesday to discuss my blood lab results

>Going in Tuesday to discuss my blood lab results
>Had high liver enzymes as well as LDL cholesterol and low Vitamin D

Can anyone give me a basic gestalt on veganism as it pertains to health? This is fit related because I intend to change my diet. I was a vegetarian for a few months and I rather enjoyed it - I even enjoyed the moral high ground it gave me. I moved back home after college and my parents can be really big gains goblins who eat a lot of fried food and fast food.

Because my health is at stake, I am willing to put in willpower in order to separate my diet from that of my family. I work, so I do not need to rely on them to supply me with food. Does Veeky Forums have a memory bank of scientific studies on veganism and heart/general health? I know there's one on marijuana.

My idea was as such:
>High cholesterol comes from fried food and saturated fats (e.g. red meats)
>My cholesterol would regulate itself effectively if I cut out animal products and replaced them with plant based foods, esp. if I cut out fried foods
>If I get adequate protein, I will not have to worry about the ratio of fats:carbs
>I will be sure to have complete proteins and adequate B12

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24346473
pastebin.com/JVpMNyjm
nature.com/news/1-500-scientists-lift-the-lid-on-reproducibility-1.19970?WT.mc_id=SFB_NNEWS_1508_RHBox
nature.com/news/over-half-of-psychology-studies-fail-reproducibility-test-1.18248
youtube.com/watch?v=iCQmfRMwHfA
youtube.com/watch?v=yRELldIuZyM
sciencemag.org/news/2014/04/did-europeans-get-fat-neandertals
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why dnt you try eating clean before going vegan

grilled chicken
spinach
beans
rice

you'll be back to regular lvls in no time.

An omnivorous diet didn't fuck your shit up, your shit food choices did that

I am operating under the belief that a vegan diet is super effective for cholesterol problems. I am currently trying to do research to make or break that belief.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24346473
>Cross sectional study
>~400 meat eaters, fish eaters, vegetarians, vegans
>Looked into serum concentrations
>Vegans did best
>"A small proportion of the observed differences in serum lipid concentrations was explained by differences in BMI, but a large proportion is most likely due to diet."

pastebin.com/JVpMNyjm

and

nature.com/news/1-500-scientists-lift-the-lid-on-reproducibility-1.19970?WT.mc_id=SFB_NNEWS_1508_RHBox

for your vegan stuff

because most vegans eat clean. you can follow a vegan diet and still add grilled chicken and tuna to it.
just quit the fried food.

I swear to fuck I can only post my thing in vegan threads, I just want to post it in normal threads instead.

Probably the same amnesiac vegan poster as well here.

Thank you very much, user

I imagine you could say the same thing for the fish eater and the vegetarian. I bet you could make the same argument for a meat eater who signs up for that sort of study.

Perhaps, as linked in his nature news article, this sort of study is difficult to reproduce.

>Complains about not being taken seriously
>"race compatible"
>"Brown people feed"

I'm anxious about my health, so I'll look at the pastebin, but how do you propose to change anybody's mind with racist /pol/ shit?

im not vegan??

i just said if op wants to have better blood taste. he doesn't need to fully jump in the vegan train.
eat clean and see what happens

Just checked it; it's the same pastebin as the vegetarian information.

nature.com/news/over-half-of-psychology-studies-fail-reproducibility-test-1.18248

Science is pretty crappy and flawed. There is a lot of bias in it, so in order to find out what can be flawed and what can be right one has to narrow down on the people who are doing it. Minus points, very heavy ones for jews obviously. Lots of jews do that.

Another problem is that there are unintentional flaws, for example, many vegans quote the japanese studies ON THEIR OWN PEOPLE as to an example as to how EUROPEAN people should eat. Its very flawed.

Racial differences make it so that one group of people can digest milk, and others cannot. Same with seaweed. This argument alone destroys a lot, if not most of the vegetarian studies who solely focus on the vegan aspect (where they also dont purposefully add too healthy vegans, who also do sports to it and then just imagine the differences instead of actually testing for them)

I know our time is precious, so if I had to give you one link that may show you a real cause of problems, for most people. Then it would be this

youtube.com/watch?v=iCQmfRMwHfA

thats because they have the same author. ME

should I really explain the basics to you? They are all in the pastebin.

Fat processing genes are a good start

youtube.com/watch?v=yRELldIuZyM
sciencemag.org/news/2014/04/did-europeans-get-fat-neandertals

This would be a great post on /pol/. I'm trying to be objective though.

I have a biomedical background. I'm just checking through the citations at this point though.

Well break down your problems one by one:

>low Vitamin D

Fuck tons of people do, even in very sunny conditions. Take a vitamin D supplement, and a fuckton at that. 5000IU-10000 IU and then remeasure in two months. Despite OVER A YEAR of 5000 IUs a day, I still have vitamin D levels right in the optimal levels- you aren't going to develop vitamin D toxicity overnight.

>LDL cholesterol

2.4g Red yeast rice+ 3g krill oil is a pretty easy way to jazz that down. Make sure you get red yeast rice with monacolins listed, effectiveness varies wildly

>Had high liver enzymes

How high? Have you been drinking or using Tylenol or other painkillers? Cut that shit out. Also, were your iron levels high? Donating blood can lower iron (as well as cholesterol, at least a little) which might also cut down on liver enzyme levels.

Worth talking to a doctor over? I mean not the vitamin D, but yeah otherwise sure.

/thread best chart so far.

>This would be a great post on /pol/. I'm trying to be objective though.

Why tho, the racial vector is ignored and even shunned upon in the scientific world. The ethics committee hates it since its full of kikes. Its probably the reason why amateurs like me can get a whiff of what may be hiding in the dark since none of you dare to go into that area.

As for your authority fallacy, look at this woman who makes god knows how much through her official degrees.

basically your field, your studies and your professors are dumb as shit and most of you should kill yourselves.

Yeah, the low vitamin D surprised me because one of my hobbies is trail running. I do it during the early afternoon and I have a prominent tan. I will make sure that I start consistently taking a multivitamin that includes vitamin D.

LDL cholesterol is the one that has me worried. #1 killer in America is heart disease so I figured that I ought to take a drastic measure to combat it (veganism). I can look into RYR and krill oil, but I would like to take a systematic approach to trying to regulate my diet in response to this new information. If I don't this sounds like the "and a diet coke" to my problem.

I wish I could tell you. The phone call I had was about scheduling the appointment which was a follow up to a check up that I scheduled spontaneously in early July. I asked about the results right at the end and she mentioned liver enzymes of which the acronyms escape me. I know LDL was among them as well as two other markers that may have started with A. I don't drink, I have been sober in 2017 and virtually sober in 2016.

Again, I'm sure you make a great point. I'm going to delegate this sort of thinking to somebody else though.

remember, there are no butts and ifs in science. Only through the gate of complete nihilism, and then to the door of the keep that is evolution science one may get closer to the truth. Dont take the critical theory side door tho. Lots of long nosed people are there.

>High cholesterol comes from...saturated fats (e.g. red meats)
>My cholesterol would regulate itself effectively if I cut out animal products and replaced them with plant based foods
These are dietary memes
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all

I guarantee this thread was started by a vegan as a means to shill for veganism on this board.

You'd guess that. I also like to critique the inclusion of about half of the citations in that pastebin.

That being said, there are a few deficiencies that I am concerned about from those articles. Specifically, calcium, omega-3s, carnatine (not taurine, it's a 1988 article of 12 "vegetarian (vegan)s"), and iodine.

To this end, instead of jumping over to vegan, I believe a better course of action would be to have a high fiber diet primarily based off of fruits, veggies, and fish. I will drastically reduce my fried food intake. I will supplement my diet with a multivitamin and fish oil. I will also drink milk. I will also consider the possibility of reducing my weight.

Thank you all for your input and information.

Your weight should be the first thing on the listen because it's going to have the most effect of your fasting triglycerides and basically overall CV health.
You really want to be as lean as possible all year round.

Dropping meat and fats may help lower you LDL but if you're replacing those calories with carbs you're certainly going to raise your triglycerides and you HDL is going to go down. Overall your T/HDL ratio will most probably get worse.

That's what vegans tend to focus on when they get blood tests. They go 'see my LDL came down, this diet is healthy' but fail to acknowledge that their triglycerides are much higher and their HDL is in the toilet.

If you fry foods use a stable fat like coconut oil to avoid oxidation. Otherwise avoid processed foods and sugar. If you do that you can eat what you eat now and your blood lipid will most definitely improve.

If you've read into veganism I'd advise you give ketosis a fair shake too and see if that suits you. A lot of people have great success dropping bodyfat and significantly improving their blood lipid profile with that kind of diet.
Might not be for you though.