NSW PST prep

Figured the Seal shit would bring a lot of attention, mostly bad attention but hopefully someone can toss me a little knowledge.

I'm 29, did 8 years as a Marine Scout Sniper and am trying to go down the NSW path. I've been training for 3 months now 5 days a week with active recovery weekends of rock climbing/surfing/hiking, currently sitting at:

5'7" 158lbs
Bench 215
Squat 250
Deadlift 315

I ran a PST on my own yesterday which is a 500yd sidestroke swim, push ups, sit ups, pull ups 1.5mile run my scores were

8:35 swim (12:30 is passing)
65 push ups (50 is passing)
90 sit ups (50 is passing)
17 pull ups (10 is passing)
10:35 run (

Apparently posting your body on here gets replies

Muh squat rack and pull up bar

You forgot to mention your shameful height.
>They never learn

A track I have access to

>5'7" 158lbs

Too much to read, what fitness goals are you trying to accomplish?

Increase push ups from 60 to 110+
Increase pull ups from 17 to 25+
Decrease 1.5mile run from 10:35 to less than 10:00

in 4 weeks

here's a nice picture of a car I took while working in Iraq.

lol, nice

I think more volume is all you need to get those numbers up

I'm doing a ton every day, just looking for some kind of method to the madness.

if thats all you need to do i would go bulgarian lite like eric bugenhagen and every day just put all my effort into those movements to 'grease the groove' and build the endurance required

almost doubling pushups is probably going to be difficult, pushups and running shouldnt be a problem in 4 weeks

Thanks, I'll gib that a google

If you train to hold your breath for upwards of 3 minutes you will have an easier time than your peers. Just my 2 cents.

just do pushups throughout the day, as swcc in training you will be doing pushups all day so do 1000+ pushups just throughout the day, same with pullups, for the running work on sets of 400m and 800m do something like
10x800 with 60 second rest
2 minute rest
10x400 with 30 second rest

... Its right there on the OP
> fit in charge of reading comprehension

I keep reading that your lungs aren't a muscle in the sense of you can't strenthen them or increase capacity

You spent 8 years as a grunt and don't know how to do more pull-ups and sit-ups?

Fucking STA platoon spending all their time jerking off to their guns instead of working out.

My weapons platoon spend their time lifting weights and hazing boots.

Lots of NJPs lots of 290+ PFTs

You won't find a platoon in an infantry battalion as collectively fit as a STA platoon, friendo. Also the push/sit/pull is shockingly taxing after swimming a 8~ minute 5 hundo, it'll surprise you if you try it.

I can hump a ruck and run for distance for days, but I never ran faster than a 20:30 3 mile nor did I ever try to complete high rep push ups besides being thrashed as a PIG, and it was always burpees. Pull ups my max was 22 as I was doing them all the time, but I'm trying to find a formulaic progression towards my goals this time around to maximize the Finite span of time I have until I screen at the end of the month.

Marine crunches are a joke Btw, short range of motion and everyone exaggerates the number they do anyway. I could do 150 throughout my time in.

It's your VO2 efficiency that's important here.

Why the fuck would a scout sniper ever want to become a seal? Why didn't you go Marsoc? How the fuck do you not how to program for selection if you were already in the corp for at least 8 years?

Then you go and post on an anime image board for advice as a 29 year old man.

You already failed Buds, Bud.

>scout sniper trying to become a seal

You've come to the worst excuse of a fitness forum there could be.

Because Marines have sat on the sidelines for the entire war on ISIS, and the Marine Corps treats it's Snipers like shit: for example having battalion gunners not know that we need match grade 7.62 both in training and in combat, not making 0317 a primary MOS (it's barely now coming to fruition) forcing school trained and combat experienced Scout Snipers to be promoted based on their primary 0311/51/52/31 cutting scores, forcing them to do B-billets such as recruiting or drill instructor in order to make it to E-6 and upon returning to the fleet they become 0369's which end up in the worst job in the Marines, a platoon sergeant. I have friends that are STA plt. Sgts and friends that are in AAV/LAV battalions hating their life counting their days until retirement. The Moron Corps is not the place to be to kill people.

>Why not marsoc

Because I was in Sangin as a Corporal when I reenlisted, then sprained my wrist before A&S, got locked into a deployment and upon returning wasn't allowed to go to selection due to service limitations because of my TIG as a Sarge and them wanting fresh Corporals. Manpower said no, so I couldn't go. My friends that went to Raider battalions have done 1-2 deployments on FID missions babysitting booger eaters and all are making plans to get out at their 12 year mark, because fuck the Marines and the 'reawakening.' You also have people in your command that never have gone through selection dictating everything from the selection process to gear procurement and SOPs. NSW Does not have that problem.

Oh, and Marsoc pays its operators considerably less money by capping the amount of monthly pay bonuses they're allowed to recieve, and will NOT give their men BAH until they hit E-6. The Marine Corps is a joke.

Yes, I asked a heavily trafficked webpage that started as an anime discussion board in a section dedicated to fitness asking for any advice on how to effectively increase my push/pull and sprint.

Tone down the angst, boot

hoorah sgt/ssgt/SNCO
so im just a lowly E3 who dropped from recon for getting pneumonia, but i was in the NSW challenge program before getting a recon contract. obviously being a HOG makes you pretty seasoned on a lot of shit but i can hopefully answer some questions you have maybe about that side of the military

also look up mtn tactical. they make selection programs to completely get you ready for whatever school youre going for, pay for the 30 dollar one month subscription then download the buds packet thats months long and never pay again lol

oh also for pushups situps pullups do grease the groove
do a 3 day split 6 days a week
A-pushups
10 sets 50% max
B-situps
10 sets 50% max
C-pullups
10 sets 50% max

you can also google nsw 26 week prep guide its a very comprehensive linear progression program specifically for the pst

I was loosely following their run program of "CHI/LI/LSD" 3 day a week running, but for my needs I don't need to work my long distance, I just specifically need to chop down my 1.5mile sprint and bump my push/pull.

The split you suggested is simply BBB - Boring but Big, going to play around with that and different versions such as:

Set 1 – 50%
Set 2 – 60%
Set 3 – 70%
Set 4 – 60%
Set 5 – 50%

Going do my pull ups weighted with 20lbs, my push ups using plates on the ground to allow me to go deeper and start doing my 400 and 800m sprints 3x a week, as well as 'greasing the groove' with a minimum of 1k reps of each calistenic a day.

After BRC, where'd they send you?

i became a combat engineer but theyre doing screeners on the east coast literally down the street from my barracks, hopefully around march next year i can try out again since i just need to pass the screener to get my lat move package started.
honestly what you said youre doing would work. high volume high reps for the basics, the 400m and 800m sprints are what helped me the most to get my run time down, doubly so for the 1.5 mile since its so damn short and intense compared to the 3 mile pft

Don't bother trying to go to recon or Marsoc, they're holding screeners because they can't retain any 0321's... because no one wants to be in a recon battalion anymore. You'll just end up working your ass off to go on a MEU. Everyone wants OUT. If you still want to be a trigger puller, get out and go 18x or NSW. Don't drink the "hur dur but we r marines we do less with more!" koolaide. Marines do less with less. Look at everything Recon has done in the past 6 years. Walk away and never look back