/fat/ - "at least I'm STD free" edition

Previous thread
>Who is /fat/ for?
It's for /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions.

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage.
calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure.)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week.
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones.
myfitnesspal.com

my knee is starting to hurt from running on a treadmill every day. scared to do squats now

if you qualify for /fat/ you shouldn't be running anyhow. use the elliptical machine or just swim.

become swimfag

>afraid of some pain on your journey to not being a sedentary shitter

Did some situps today.

is swimming a legit workout? i never hear of people losing weight through swimming
i'm more afraid that i won't be able to workout with a fucked knee and become a sedentery shitter again. also afraid of painful gallstones that happen when you lose a lot of weight

Don't run every day. Run every other day at most. Elliptical or bike on off days.

lost around 9% of my total mass swimming four times a week over a summer

its easy af too, just make sure you do interval training

>is swimming a legit workout? i never hear of people losing weight through swimming

You rarely lose a significant amount of weight through any workout senpai, weight loss happens through diet, but stamina and fitness happens through exercise

But yeah, swimming is a good exercise and is very forgiving on joints..

Knee pain is not something to ignore. It is probably bursitis. But assuming user's weight, it could be/lead to arthritis.

The one on the left looks like my fiancee.

>right one sucking her stomach
>not even obese like her friends
>no cellulite

There is yet time left to reverse course.

>230 to 180 doing nothing but cardio and dieting in undergrad
>200 to 255 being a fatass first year of grad school
>255 to 205 dieting while lifting, had gf to get gud for
>205 to 250 by eating +4000kcals a day
>gained weight even with vigorous swimming 2x, running 3x, and lifting 3x a week

Third cut's the charm, right?

I used to do HIIT with swimming. Used slow followed by hard lengths or some other combination, can't remember. That, dieting and swapping with steady swimming for lifting and sometimes resting days worked very well for me.

>at least I'm STD free

can u please upload all those fat-guy pics? pleaseeeee i beg you :D

325 today, V4lbs from yesterday, equal to starting weight. Again, nothing but water today.

Depends on how you swim. Casual floating won't do shit. Timed laps will give you kick ass cardio that is easy on the joints.

enjoy your loose skin

I probably won't enjoy it, but it is probably unavoidable at this point.

Is an energy drink a soda?

>tfw i start new job tomorrow

wish me luck /fat/

should I follow MFP or TDEE calculator suggested cutting calorie limit?

trying to lose weight, TDEE calculator says 1639 calories

while MFP says 1500 calories

what do

Good luck! hope you do well and your coworkers & the management are not assholes

I will start including my MFP charts

Aim for 1500kcal desu

Worse.

Running is seriously overrated, that consistent impact isn't good for you no matter what runfags say. Become a cyclefag like me, I can bike all day and feel no joint pain whatsoever, great cardio.

not sure if this will help but maybe try a slower cut when I stopped dieting and binged for a month since visiting my family I was worried I put on a lot but I only put on 5 pounds and I think its due to my cut being long and gradual

I'm 10kgs overweight. Can I build muscle while losing weight? Or should I focus on losing weight first?

I did it. A small step.
Went to the gym with a friend and we did a modified strong lift routine. Nothing terrible but I'm really glad he's in my life. We're going again Thursday. Fuck it feels good to start.

Doesn't that straight line demotivate you? I would just measure my weight weekly, dimensions monthly and track macros daily. At least then progress can be visible.

> went from 309 lbs to 297 lbs in 2 weeks

is this okay progress my guys?

I only started tracking weight on the 24th, and measurements today because I had to go buy a tailor's tape. The lines are flat because there's only one entry.

>did 20 pushups yesterday
>woke up and chest felt like it was clenching shut
>ohjesusherewego
>speed to hospital in fear
>go to er
>turns out I pulled a chest muscle
>am now 300 dollars in the hole because my fatass wasn't used to things hurting
>workmates find out from loose-lipped supervisor
>getting ribbed for it constantly
I want to die now.

This loser is not going to make it. Weak willed.

Kek, better safe then sorry.
Related to this how can I get to 30 pushups? I managed 27 a few days ago but I can't seem to get back to that, I'm stuck at 20-22 every time.

just eat oatmeal. seriously, makes you feel really fucking full, doesnt taste bad(can be made to taste very good by preparing with fruit juices), extremely cheap, and helps you shit
eat oatmeal

This is my usual cardio routine. 250lbs and started two months ago. Pros and cons?

>475 calories

you're burning less than half of what it says, fyi

diet is way way way more important than exercise for losing weight. eat all that nasty green shit and sweeten it with fruits

do 3.5

Letting you guys know that you guys can make it

I started of 318 pounds and about a year later, I'm 197, 6'1 btw

I'm still overweight, but after losing 120+ pounds, I understand that anything is possible if you work hard enough for it

Nice work. Have you been lifting during that time?

yeah a little bit, but when I got employed recently, it was a bit harder going to the gym

I loved it though and will seriously do it again and do research when I hit my goal weight of maybe 175

wish me luck /fat/
I am leaving the house in about a couple hours for the airport, where I'll eventually take an international flight to visit my father abroad. I'm a bit socially anxious and pretty afraid I'll sperg or have an inner panic attack inside my head during the flight.
I think this is a good thing though, that I'm going out of my comfort zone even though I had some trust issues with people.
To keep this related, I am probably going to fast until I get there as the food in airport is very expensive, and it's difficult to count calories on airplane food. I thought of taking some with me but it won't get past through custom clearing in my shitty country, so there's no point since I won't be actually hungry until I actually am much later in the trip. I will leave the house at 8am, board at 12pm and hopefully arrive at 7pm. I think it's manageable as I was used to doing 18:6 before, not sure how I'll feel with the new environment and exhertion/stress from travelling though. Anyone got tips for me?

Try not to stress eat my dude.

Sets to failure every 3 minutes is how I passed the Army PT test in basic.

Damn every 3 minutes? Alright I'll try that thanks.

mate i totally fucking get the stress over internation flights. i have to do several 15~ hour flights a year and i really have grown to not liking it.

if you aren't confident in the airplane food, only eat things where you 100% know the calories (fruit, boiled vegetables, protein bars, don't try your luck with any sauce they put on meat and stuff, etc).

in general, i'd suggest you stay really hydrated. drink a few cups every hour. keep some chill podcasts to listen to, just to keep your mind off of the journey. this might sound weird, but try to sneak in a wank (if you're comfortable with it) in the bathroom. its disgusting sure, but i once was unbelievably anxious during a flight and i took a wank and that really helped me feel better.

best of luck bro, take care

Question: is it normal to pop/crack your hips and knees daily?

Mine have done this since I was ten. Nonit does not hurt but you can hear it.

>i never hear of people losing weight through swimming
That's because reasonable people don't brag about it.

why do fat people never fail to mention body positiveness

>start eating well, exercising daily, and overall improving my life
>suddenly can't sleep worth shit
This is so fucked, I sleep for 4-5 hours before waking up and taking a piss then can't go back to sleep again.

the image fits your post (idiot)

I'm 15 pounds away from my goal weight and its slowing down significantly. I'm seriously considering falling for the fasting meme because this is excruciating.

IF is only a meme if you have a weak will and start bingeing or have a shitty diet.
If you've gotten this far I don't see in harm in trying it.

That one guy still never answered what soda was. Fucking moron. Thought Energy Drinks weren't made with syrup.

>parents come over to visit
>mom gives me homemade banana cake with cream cheese icing
>my fucking kryptonite
I have 500 calories left over and I'm almost close to my goal weight so I'm really tempted.

If it doesn't hurt, I don't see what's wrong.

you could eat it then work out a bit

guys i tried the bench today and it was literally the most embarassing thing i've ever done.

i couldn't even two 2x 25s... i had to do baby weights and put 15 on each side.. and even that was hard.

what the fuck. I don't even feel that weak. I can curl 30lbs, do bent over rows with 45lbs for reps. but apparently I can't bench. Maybe it was just a one off thing because I did it last and my arms were tired, or maybe it's just because my body was not used to it and my old gym didn't have one so I wasn't training it?

Idk. Fucking humiliating. To be expected when I'm, eating anywhere from 1400-1600 calories per day for the last 5 months, I knew I would have shit strength, but I feel like I've been punched in the fucking gut.

>k. I can curl 30lbs, do bent over rows with 45lbs for reps. but apparently I can't bench. Maybe it was just a one off thing because I did it last and my arms were tired, or maybe it's just because my body was not used to it and my old gym didn't have one so I wasn't training it?

A lot of it in neuromuscular pathing if you've never done it before.

Your co-ordination just is not there at all for it. It's actually the most important part of moving at all, let alone moving weight external to your body. Don't let it get to you.

Start with the bar for five sets of three if you have to for a session, you'll probably be able to do 65 after the first session, then 70 then 80 and so on. Starter gains are not a meme, it's a real thing.

It's not where you start, it's where you end up.

Three sets of five, sorry. Tired but can't sleep, stressign about inane shit and hanging out on Veeky Forums. Such is life in the 21st century. Can't complain, would have probably taken a spetum to the neck by the age of 17 in previous eras.

Yeah I just ate a piece but I couldn't calculate calories. It wasn't too big and there was a chunk left over that I threw away. Rolled in the push-up thread and I got 25 to do.

thanks, I probably won't eat much because I'm actually really shy to eat in public (stems from never having a good meal traditional pattern with family, my parents never enforced it so we all just took our plates to our room, ate on the go at different times...). And when I'm anxious my stomach shrinks into a knotting ball and it hurts and feels forced to eat. I know for some people it's the contrary though. My mom is a stress eater for exemple.

Thanks for the tips. I'll stick to fruits and veggies, I can dream of them serving a protein bar during the flight but probably won't happen. Yeah sauces are sketchy. As per hydration, I suppose I can buy a bottle of water after customs in the duty free area, shouldn't be too expensive. And I'll also take all the free drinks (water only) I can get in flight but those greedy bastards usually give you two at best (one cup water, one coffee/tea). I am going to read through some ebooks I downloaded while listening to music. Podcasts are a really good idea but I'm new to those and except for some basic ones I don't know what to listen to. I like Rogan's Experience when he interviews scientists mostly like Mark Sisson, that female doctor, or Neil Degrasse Tyson. I'll get some for my return flight.
As per the wank, I don't think I can do it, I don't have the guts, but I think it's a good idea nonetheless. After all how many hands in your life have you shaked in your life that have just come in contact with a penis? It's just that we are much closer to intimate acts than we think we are and don't realize it because our social rules keep it private (invisible). I gotta split in about an hour now. I got me a cup of black coffee and had a spoon of honey because I have a dry cough.

Oh I'm an idiot, I totally forgot about some podcasts my boyfriend introduced me to that would actually be really fun to listen to. It's the Karl Pilkington/Ricky Gervains/Steven Merchant radio shows. Those are hilarious, probably would make my flight much laid back, actually.

AAHHH

cyclingfag bby drop the running

weight means very little if we don't know how tall you're, also, I was 354, now 182, and the loose skin it's not a big deal, mostly because of my genetics, still, you should try to incorporate a little exercise.

>270 and 19 years old
>Want to lose weight but I don't know if it's even worth it now finding out that stretch marks won't disappear

I was eating so well until these fucking things showed up

so don't bother
be a fat sack of shit, nobody cares

It's very much worth it dude, it's a lot of hard work but damn you really learn something by the end of your journey

so im trying to gain weight and have been eating as much as i could, at the end of the week i measured myself and actually lost weight. what is your guy's secret?

depression

failure, lack of shame, denial

I recommend Hello Internet and/or the Official Podcast. They're just fun, not-too-serious podcast about some friends talking.

If you have any self respect you'll never make it.

I think us fatties (and former fatties) get a natural inclination for the most calorie dense, and cheapest foods

I mean you need to know what you're doing if you want to see progress

>Do shit on final exam
>Binge eat a philly cheesesteak, 2 potato-ritos, and 1 spicy double chalupa

Honestly even for stress eating this was too much. I've never had it this bad.

Will loose skin eventually settle back in? What about stretch marks?

well from my 120 pound loss, the marks are still there are very much noticeable, but I dont have lose skin yet

>Can I create new tissue at a reasonable pace while keeping my body in a catabolic state

???
Cut 20kg of body fat first and then eat a lot while lifting weights.

Can someone redpill me on starvation mode?
Is it real? To what point can it fuck your metabolism? At what point does it usually kick in? Is IF enough to make it start?

I find it so much easier to eat less rather than eat differently, so I want to know more about it, but different sources online tell me such a huge range of different shit, I don't know what to trust.

>5'10", gone from 315 to 245
>manboobs haven't shrunk at all, still stick out when I wear a t-shirt

When do they go away?

starvation mode isnt real, I only eat about 800 calories a day

Around 200 or so.

Look up some studies about the minnesota starvation study. All the men lost weight on very low calories, over a period of 24 weeks.

Some studies looked at the 12 week period where they regained weight and have claimed that their metabolism was negatively effected by it. But a more recent study looked at the entire 20 week recovery period and found that the men's metabolism was the same or higher after the starvation.

Well shit, I found myself at a Wendy's today ordering a fatty meal with a large frosty. Tine to hit the treadmill I guess so it's not a total loss

>someone sends you a picture they took of you and you look way fatter than you do in the bathroom mirror

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I STILL LOOK LIKE SHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEE nice chunky calves tho

when you hit 150

Starting at 100lbs.

I think mine went away around the 210 mark

Does rain man or get Sirius still come here?
I haven't come here in months but this place has gone from regular fatties trying to lose weight to literal fat spergs just trying to make them feel better for a while and not actually losing weight

I don't get how people can be fat. I'm 80kg (176lbs) and I can't fathom having more body weight on top of that that isn't muscle.

How heavy are you?

If you're really heavy how do you do it?

Can you give me picks of your fat bodies?

sounds like you have a fetish