Home work outs

Are they good or a meme compared to a gym?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7NbuQdGdXH8
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bLAI0ys_LpU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yIfodFEMBuA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IplUlMn0hMI
youtube.com/watch?v=DW-nBC_pb7Q),
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you know what you're doing it is fine

Everything is a meme.
Home workouts are a bad meme.
Gym workouts are a good meme.

i already gained 42lbs of pure muscle with that, and this was only the first month.

they're a bad meme. you can go some distance with adjustable dumbbells and a flat bench (replace squats with goblet squats or Bulgarian split squats and deadlifts with single leg dumbbell RDLs), or with just a pair of rings, but the stuff you have in mind is shite, mate

You're an idiot, you probably don't got any full range of motion in your shoulders.

Don't listen to these posers op. Bodyweight training can be just as good as weights, it's just more challenging in terms of understanindjng and programming.

My shoulders are fine and stronger than yours.
That doesn't have anything to do with home workouts being a pleb tier way to exercise.

Going the route you're thinking will take forever. It took me four years to pack on a decent amount of lean muscle and I was at the height of puberty then.

>Bodyweight training can be just as good as weights
>what are legs
>what is your erectors
>what are your traps
>pls

are*

K

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7NbuQdGdXH8

Legs
Pistol squats and ghr

Erectors
Supermans and other plank vartiations

Traps

if you've ever done a ohp you know you have to shrug at the top of the rep, not try holdind that shrug for over a minute, and tell me that's not working your traps! Handstands are a great tool for trap development.

I'm on a phone so sorry for the spelling errors.

Yeah, looks like you can do this in a gym.
Matter of fact I've seen people do this at the gym.
Doesn't seem mutually exclusive to someone who does home-workouts rather than going to the gym, huh?

Not my point

Go ahead and state it then.

i guess it depends on how much someone prizes raw strength. a pistol squat is essentially a back squat with your own bodyweight (+ balance, proprioceptive and flexibility requirements); it's not a great deal of strength. similarly with supermans and planks for your erectors (vs deadlifts). (handstands for traps i've never thought about.)

there's no doubt that a bodyweight-only routine can get someone an aesthetic, athletic and functional body, though

Ideally you should use a mixture of both.

Here's a couple of other things

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bLAI0ys_LpU

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yIfodFEMBuA

m.youtube.com/watch?v=IplUlMn0hMI

the first is essentially a bodyweight shrug, the second is really impressive but more a demonstration of explosiveness than strength (e.g. the only other relevant video from that guy is this, so he's not super strong: youtube.com/watch?v=DW-nBC_pb7Q), and the third starts using loadings. (& if you were to ditch the (obviously impressive) gymnastics aspect of the movement and just do reverse hyperextensions without weights or bands, it'd demand little strength of your lower back.)

you're totally right that you can be imaginative with this stuff (a lot of lifts can be mimicked with some thought, some bars and a pair of rings: face pulls, lateral raises, flies...) and that people ought to do more of it (for balance, coordination, their connective tissue, and all the rest), but without loadings there's no real way to reach certain levels of strength. moments can only be made so large if your body is the lever arm and you've no loading

>white guy is taller, heavier, stronger and better looking
Lmao.