Bulk or cut

Bulk or Cut thread

>long time lurker
>went from 220lb to 167lb in two years
>startet lifting 9 month ago and mostly maintained my weight while getting leaner
>tfw still no qt gf

don't know where to go from here - should i bulk or cut? and to which weight?

>lifting for 9 months
bulk

In my head I am still fat, so i have a big fear of bulking...
here a different picture of me without flexing my abs

>don't know where to go from here

use that exact image on tinder and your gf problem (or at the very least sex) won't be an issue

you look good m8, not fat at all. I would think a lean bulk from there.

I agree. Work chest a little more and shit, that would be about my goal (for now, recovering fatass here). If i looked like you do now i would be slaying the tinder sloots. You say you still feel lkke a fatass, seems like you need to build that confidence bro. Youre making it.

currently bulking on 350kcals a day

6'3

So i will start my first bulk with like +400 cal till i am at 175lbs?

And just wanna say that Veeky Forums is the only reason I got to where I am. Thanks for carrying me bros

Focus on your chest some more

nice work man, how long are you on your bulk?

I feel like I'm skinnyfat, not sure whether to bulk or cut

first time i actually count calories on a bulk. usually i get fat then diet my ass off.
been "clean" bulking for 2 months from thusis

cut

I would say it depends on your goals.

You wanna get more aesthetic as fast as possible?
Then do a light cut (-300)

You don't care how you look for the next 6-8 month? Then start with a bulk (+400-500) and follow up with a cut (- 500-600)

What does fit think of extreme cuts to make more room for bulk? 5"9 195 heavy skinny fat here. I was thinking cut down to 120-125 then eat like mad

The problem with "extreme" cuts is that you will lose muscles while cutting. So depending on your training, protein intake and genetics i don't thing you can cut more then 500-800cal (1.0-1.2 lb /week) without losing muscle mass

I think it's time to bulk, especially now that I'm training for a marathon and running 30+ miles per week

5'10" 154, started my cut at 168

Your shoulders are so caved in

Start stretching chest and traps and shoulders before it's too late

Do scapular and middle back strengthenin exercises with 3 pound weights for sets of 30 reps

Helloooooo shoulder impingement...

truth in this brother.. my right shoulder blade is almost always aching and people ask if i box because of my rollwd shoulders.. any specific movements

Nice cut and body man. I think you definitely should bulk if you are training for a marathon...

I(OP) am the same hight as you and now at the weight that you had when you started your cut. After your post I am thinking about cut first to 155 like you before starting my bulk.

How long have you been cutting know? Do you have a picture at 168?

One of the best responses to a skinny fat I have seen yet.

Yes, look up shoulder impingement rehab or shoulder impingement physical therapy

Prone Y raises
Serratus punches

Overhead Doorway stretch
Pec stretch on a wall, in a doorway
Trap stretch while holding a belt in opposite hand, levator scapulae stretch

Look up rotator cuff exercises

Bottom line:

Stretch pecs, shoulders, traps as much as you can

Stabilize and strengthen scapula, rotator cuff, lower traps

Do: pendlay rows, DL
Do not: bench heavy
Do not: put weight on your back with OHP
Do: keep your lower traps VERY tight when OHPing, keep your Lats and middle back engaged while benching

Seriously take my advice or end up like me, I haven't been able to bench for 6 months same injury. Take it easy on pushing, develop your pulling muscles more, and look up shoulder impingement physical therapy protocol

hmm so far my rowing is strobger than my benching and i do pec stretches on rare occasion. guess ill up the ante and focus on form more diligently.
thanks hermano

Been cutting for a few months, I stopped keeping track and counting calories because it became second natures to eyeball it

This was maybe a week or two into my cut I think

I basically did a cut from 159 to 145 ish then bulk to 168 / 169 whatever and then cut back here over a year and change

Yep you got it

Major stretches. Oh, I forgot, light rows with amazing form on cable machine, light lat extensions (top to bottom) and then light W's (you can google it) and also rotator cuff 1x30 with 5 lbs both internal and external rotation.

Anyway, data dump but good luck man. Keep the stretching up and stay safe.

wow some useful information thanks

Same guy again, OP ya look good though, I would bulk, suck it up and deal with being a little softer until next April, and then shed your cocoon with an incredible cut and you'll be total Chad

from 210 lb to 250 lb, guess what I lift?

>guess what I lift?
Homsexuals?

164lbs
5'9

Been working out for 8 months, bulked from 136-164lbs in that time.
Progress feels slow brehs

wow, cutting to 145 at 5'10 is impressive.
and thanks for the advice

Will probably maintain for another month (while it is still hot outside) and then follow your advice and start a bulk

I feel fat tbf, though i'm thinking to continue this bulk to october, and just cut untill summer. Whatddya think ?

85 kg
178 cm

Help me bros, bulk or cut?

6'1", 200 lbs, 225 bench etc

you need to start working your upper body
how much do you squat

Nothing spectacular, 120 kg is my PB. Though when you compare it to my 50 kg bench ...

Also, what should i do about abdominal muscles. Is it a meme, that heavy squats and deadlifts will make them rock-hard ? Should i start training them. If so, what exercises

Damn....got more?

Are you on SS ? your upper body is non existent mate, don't bulk till summer you're going to get fat as fuck, eat at maintenance + 150 calories and do cardio

Please advise. I've been lifting seriously for six months and unable to commit to bulking or cutting completely, usually only doing one for a month before switching.

6'3"
200lbs

Cut. You look like a wet noodle.

T-thanks

I'm 6'3'' 188 lbs, BF % is ~27% ( no pic I'm on mobile.) Arms and legs are still super skinny but chest and stomach are getting to be noticable in clothes. I'm planning on starting a cut next week, even though I'm gonna start looking Auschwitz mode within a month or two. Is this the right thing to do?

If you cut to skelly then clean bulk it should look pretty good.

cut

Bulk. Honestly cutting is a meme. Just keeping becoming more and more massive until everyone is too terrified of your muscle/fat marbled ass to say anything

then you'll have made it

Sup my niggas, 5'11" sitting at 180lbs right now. Been cutting for a few months, should I shred down one more month for the beginning of uni or start a nice lean bulk?

Bulk or cut ??..

Height/weight? you could get away with a bit more bulking imo, traps need some work.

You overdid the squatting a bit my man

Yeah maybe a bit

You could have an entire tire of fat around your waist for all we know.

What's your routine? I imagine my goalbody something along what you have.