ITT post autistic normie opinions

I'll start

>mfw someone tells me I have an eating disorder because I count my calories while they stuff their fat face with pizza and cookies and calling that 'a healthy relationship with food'.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xC5i5ZPD1-4&lc=z22twpzz1yvvfxiaz04t1aokgnr0ld1yurd2vpl5idvvrk0h00410.1501748933705600
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>"I wont wanna be TOO muscular, thats why I only go to planet fitness once a week for 30 minutes"

"how can i tone my arms and thighs without building too much muscle? i don't want to get too big."

t. my gf

fucking women. doesn't matter how many times i explain this shit to her.

samefag here, thought of another one,
unfortunately I have actually heard someone say this sad boys

>"you shouldnt be lifting heavy weights, lifting heavy weights is bad for you. you should just run"

I hear shit like this all the time. Are normies actually retarded and think getting "too big" is so easy that it will just accidentally happen if they start working out, or are they just trying to justify being lazy?

It's their ego protecting itself from from admitting to lazyness.

its for sure that, paired with disastrously uninformed knowledge of anatomy and physiology

this is correct

>counting calories
>"calories goes in, calories goes out"
HAHAHAHAHAHA

if you agree with that statement, why even come on this board?

Every woman ever

> Her "I want a big butt"
> Me " Eat properly and do squats"
> Her " I don't want to look like a man"
> Me "You won't, just diet properly and squat"
> Her " I'm just going to eat a lot so I gain enough weight and have a fat ass"

(You)
There. Are you happy? You got the (You).

In their eyes, you do. Get dem gains and fuck em. If you like them, then downplay (or just hide it). You're not working hard (because hard work doesn't mean shit), it's your genetics, kek.

Some old fuck thought me being able to hold a push up at the top for ten seconds was impressive

>"i only bench with 15lb dumbbells, because i really want to focus on form"

>dad complains about being out of shape
>I suggest he starts going to the gym
>I dont have time for that user
>you spend about 3 hours watching tv everyday dad
>Im too tired after to go user
>if you started going you would have more energy
>I wouldnt even know what to do
>you literally just lift stuff, ill even go with you and show you
>its too expensive
>its $25 a month, ill pay for your membership
>im not young like you are
>mfw

rinse and repeat this conversation every couple weeks

because it's called fit
which means a lot more than "has muscles"

there should prolly be a board for actual fitness
like a health board
where people are not emotional cripples but focus on being functionally healthy humans

My mom thinks i got too big and wants me to stop lifting.

She also asks me if im roiding

>anyone suggests theyre out of shape
>"oh u should lift bro also eat lots of bread and pasta"

fuuuuck

"user you're getting too slim and muscular!"

Meanwhile I'm 5'9" 180 lbs @ 15% body fat and have a very slight stomach pouch. Also some people told me I look sick since I lost A LOT of fat from my face (facial gains are best gains). Others have criticized me for using MFP too.

>im in bad shape so im going to feed my developing children the diet I need and we'll all be healthy!
>parents 5"4 and 5"10
>grew to be 5"5 older brother 5"4

reeeeeeeeee normie parents

kek

>I workout 6x a week but i sleep 5 hours a night because i drink beer every night

I'm pretty sure that would be against the rules of Veeky Forums.

>You've got bigger because of those protein shakes you drink, I'm natural not like you, only eat real food.

>I'd do free weights but I don't want to get too big

Someone said this to me today lol

d-d-do we have the same dad?

are you my long lost brother?

>tfw I used to unironically catagorize protein shakes as steroids.

>a calorie is a calorie no matter what it comes from

Eodipus mother. Move out quicklym

its quite possible.
Sad part is my dad used to be Veeky Forums as fuck when he was my age
>star RB in highschool
>started all 4 years in Uni
>was asked to try out for several CFL (lol) teams

Hes still strong as fuck, just really fat now too

>1 scoop of creatine is equivalent to 5000 chicken breasts

What's up donkey kong?

But that's true refer to the guy who lost like 50lbs eating only twinkies

>implying macros are meaningless

>I stopped going to the gym, didn't want to get TOOO big.
Said by a bloke 6'2" and 60kg (135lbs) soaking wet DONT WORRY MATE GETTING TOO BIG IS NOT AN ISSUE

>user i threw out all your steroid powders, i saw on the news they're really bad for you
IT WAS JUST FUCKING GROUND OATS AND NESQUIK
I'M NOT EVEN FUCKING KIDDING

Bruh...fuck skim milk

strength training is a very important aspect of fitness. strength training reduces the risk of injury, reduces the risk of developing muscular and skeletal disabilities, and makes people generally happier, more focused, alert, as well as more socially functional. body building and strength training are perfectly acceptable (dare i say excellent) forms of physical activity, hobby, or entertainment.

what I know you mean to say is that you think some of us in this board might aspire to neglect strength for size, may neglect the development of good form and increase the chance of injury, and they might not be using other forms of exercise regularly like hiit, yoga, meditation, or Pilates to maximize gains and have a more balanced set of fitness goals. I think your just concerned for the safety of some Veeky Forumsitezens here and it may be triggering some anxiety. unless your an insecure hater. your not just insecure are you.

>if you want to lose weight user you need to do more cardio

Well it does help though. But it's all about diet and burning more than you take in.

>you stay awake durring work because you drink coffee every 4 hours. I don't drink coffee so I'm a better worker than you

This is how I respond to every dyel that says that to me

Same thing here user, but with my mom. It sucks too because I know she's morbidly obese and probably won't live past 80 at this rate.

>tell gf that losing weight is 90% diet
>tell gf that bread and cookies make you fat
>you're silly user, you just gotta do lots of cardio :)

FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is the "user steroid powders are bad for you" so common?
I told my mom that it was just a milk derivate and she's fine with it.

>squats and deadlifts are exercises worth doing

>hahaha user are you going bear hunting with those TRAPS?
>don't worry guys user can lift it because he goes to the gym

The worst part is when normies start talking about their 1RM on bench

kek who did that

what do normies 1rm on bench? My best quality is my bench

I love my dad, but he's convinced that he knows fitness stuff as well as a high-level PT because he takes classes at the gym
>Signing up with the gym he uses becuz hanging with him during break
>"Hey user, now that you're all set, let's get you warmed up"
>"Uh, I don't need to warmup, I'm just here for lifting"
>"Don't be ridiculous, of course you should warmup. Come on"
>Proceeds to make me do a 10 minute cardio warmup
>Gets pissed when I snap and say I just want to go lift, not do cardio
I literally just asked for a tour of the gym from him, that was it. He didn't even show me around, he just got pissy and went off to do running when I didn't want to spend 20 minutes doing high-knees across a yoga room.

He also doesn't trust my workout.
>Hey user, what's your routine like
>Well I do X Y and Z on this day and A B and C on that day with 5x5 each
>user that's way too few reps, you should probably have like 10, I do 16 for my sets
>No, when I do fewer reps I can use higher weights which helps me push my max
>Yeah okay user
>Rolls his eyes at me

It's actually a pretty good idea to do some light cardio to warm up before lifting. Be nicer to your father, he will be dead some day and you will miss him.

It doesn't come across well in text, but when he disagrees with you he just talks with this super disdainful voice, like he thinks you're stupid. It makes it very difficult to have a conversation with him that results in you being nice because his default response is to either treat you like you're an idiot, or to do the super passive-aggressive "Yeah, okay" thing.

I know I should warmup for RoM, but that means lighter loads, not doing "world's greatest" across the gym floor after I already told him before we got there, several times, that I just wanted to do my own thing after he showed me around.

The DYELs usually say 165-185 and the ones who sporadically "lift" usually say 225

The classic

>I'm not fat just curvy

My mother is 350lbs and still uses this.

Literally my Mom.

Normies are so fucking 2d.

Too much cardio builds up cortisol and puts the body in neoglucogenesis, promoting skinnyfatness.

Go back from wence you came, bait.

>My Dad
>jealous of my progress
>gets drunk and talks about his "glory days" when he was 16
>tells me how during track they would run five miles just for warmups
>talks about how "slim and trim" he was
>complains that it's all over now, ever since he hurt his back
>tell him lifting will help
>"I'm too busy."
>"Dad all you do is drink and watch TV"
>"The gym is too expensive."
>"You spend hundreds of dollars on imported wine, you can afford a $35 gym pass for a month"
>Motivate him to go out and do it
>he takes action, decides to go out once every few months and take a five minute walk

5 miles for warmups my ass.

My dad told me that lifting won't solve my people phobia, so far it's true.

It's a phrase for idiots in denial and obese people are idiots in denial.

It's true as a general rule, but your body does digest calories from different sources differently (primarily because of what they're accompanied by - a calorie from soda is digested nearly immediately and cause liver / pancreas weirdness, calories from nuts are digested slower due to the nuts' fiber content and tend to not cause insulin spikes like sugar does). It's a good general rule, but it's still a good idea to eat healthy.

The whole twinkie thing was bs. And he got diabetes as a result, good diet work.

The only reason normies found it profound was because they unironically believed that it's "junk food" and "fat intake" that caused people to get fat.

The only thing this diet did was dispel the idea that it was that fat in foods causing people to get fat, something anyone with half a brain already knew.

And I'm sure his body comp looked like shit for one, and he would feel like shit if he did any exercise for two.

Fucking normans.

80 is fairly old. If she's morbidly obese. morbid obesity shaves off about 10 year of life. put in the average lifespan in the US is 78 (even iceland, the european country with the highest life expectancy is only 82 years), she's liable to die anytime after age 68.

>I have all this fat that I've been turning into muscle lately!

I just read one here on Veeky Forums.
>working with light weights is better for strength training

Your response to questions about your diet should be "yeah it's really awful, but I'm diabetic and it's the only thing keeping me off insulin shots. So I can either diet or stick a needle in my butt every day." They feel bad for talking shit about you and they won't tempt you with junk anymore.

>"I need to lose weight, but I don't want to work out!"

Will this meme ever die?

>go to gym
>just finished fasting for religious purposes, muscles depleted as fuck
>old guy sees me
>"new guy eh? let me show you around"
>"first things first, I saw you doing lots of weight on your lifts, you don't want to do that, too much weight is bad, also, you want to use machines, not free weights, free weights are too dangerous."

Why the fuck do old people feel the need to give people advise when they clearly don't want it?

nah like i just find it a laugh when people who lift get tired, hungry, have mood swings, and claim to be healthy.

like i'm 70kg and I can run faster and further than you, jump higher, climb higher, swim faster and further, work all day without eating, have a stable mood etc etc,

I'm pretty much arguing that cardio will always beat lifting in our current society, and that the time people waste on muscle gain could be better spent on their enduring health rather than the aesthetics meme.. and even on that point, I've for sure got more definition than anyone here without even really trying.. further on that point, muscle mass makes no difference when it comes to confidence, and people who go to the gym pull less pussy than a person who's got true confidence.. because, you know, you don't actually fixate on your looks if you are actually a confident person

>Bro you shouldn't be starving yourself, you're starting to look anorexic
t. 27% bf.

Same thing happened to me.
>be me
>see old friend I hadn't seen in a while
>"Wow user you got really big. I'd like to hit the gym like you but it's a lot of hard work only to impress women"
>Tell him I don't lift for grills but rather to get confident enough to stop being a shy autist
>"That won't help at all, you've been doing all this for nothing"
That night I hit a new diddly PR thanks to how pissed of I got.
DO NOT GIVE UP ! Lifting really will help, I used to be unable to leave the house and now I can carry a conversation with strangers with no dificulties. It will take some time and because of this you might not notice it immediately but I can assure you that it will work. We're all gonna make it

>where people are not emotional cripples but focus on being functionally healthy humans

this will never happen on Veeky Forums

is this a new copypasta?

Hi guys! Is this like Reddit? Check out my most recent video, ill be hosting a giveaway soon as we'll so check it out

youtube.com/watch?v=xC5i5ZPD1-4&lc=z22twpzz1yvvfxiaz04t1aokgnr0ld1yurd2vpl5idvvrk0h00410.1501748933705600

it also lowers thyroid hormone and basal metabolic rate

>he's convinced that he knows fitness stuff as well as a high-level PT because he takes classes at the gym
this is such a boomer mentality, boomers are retarded

>have landlord
>fat as fuck
>has a heart attack in his early forties
>decides to start working out
>immediatly starts posting all this preachy fitness crap on facebook
>acts like hes a fitness expert after a month of getting PT at the gym
>check his fb two years later
>preachy fitness posts have gotten much worse
>check his pictures
>hes still fat as fuck, has made 0 noticeable progress
>mfw

>"You guys don't sell steroids, do you?"

Fuck I know a lot of people who do this
Its when you tell someone you're going to do something you get the same dopamine rush or w/e whether you do it or not
notice how all the fat people link the vids of "how 2 make healthy meal" and "60 day workout challenge" and sit on their asses eating shit lol

show her this

>adds his landlord on fb
>actually uses fb

post pics of your "definition" faggot.

Shit man lay off the test and dbol

cardio burns more calories while you're doing it and for about 2 hours after than weight lifting, but lifting continues to burn more calories for 24-36 hours after the work out.

natty?

I'll take bullshit for $100 Alex

PT as in physical therapy, or you mean just physical training?

How the hell would you learn anyone worthy of passing to others in 1 month?

>Still fat as before.

Jesus, it's another one of those "talk the talk, but don't walk the walk" bible idiots. So how long until he suffers another heart condition?

you mean ?

he's just being nice and looking out for you you autist

My guess would be he meant having a personal trainer, user

ive had this exact convo with my older brother about 200 times

So he's just parroting what his trainer tells him? I bet he didn't even go to the gym more than once a week. Physical therapy at least makes you go multiple time a week to get back in working form.

She's not wrong, but I'd put money on her not nearly doing enough "lots of cardio :)" to counter all the shit she eats.

>you need to eat more or you'll get fat. Haven't you ever heard of starvation mode?

My mom every week:
>I can't lose any weight, it just keeps coming back
>I can help you with a diet, cut out your pastas and drinking
>no you don't get it, I can't be thin at my age
All of the other thin 50 yr old women at the gym would beg to differ, also
>uses high incline on treadmill
>holds on to machine and leans back
>"You're negating the incline"
>"No this is my workout"
Absolute fucking retard

my mother

>inb4 just move out
i live alone and she was visiting, which adds another layer of fuck to the whole thing

if I do like 20 mins a day tho to stay lean, am I gucci?
Does the same apply 4 my gains?

Take it easy on the creatine m8 don't let it dictate your life