Bought myself a home pull-up bar because my nearest gym is 40 miles away

Bought myself a home pull-up bar because my nearest gym is 40 miles away.

Is this a suitable way to get fit? Obviously it's fine for upper body, but is there any other light home equipment you would recommend for leg day/anything else I might miss out on by staying home?

>he fell for the bodyweight exercises meme

A pull up bar and bands would make a decent home gym.

On leg day you have to put that on the ground, put your legs over it, and scream "LEGGO MY EGGO GROW MY LEGGOS" in this thread or you never get good leg gains ever again

I've had that exact same thing for years OP and it still works just as well as the first day I got it. All that's changed is those grips all tore or fell off but it's still solid.

>he doesn't do weighted pull ups

For upper body you could literally just do weighted dips and pullups and be completely shredded. Fill up a backpack with something heavy in it and there you go.

For lower body you could do hill sprints.

For extra ab work you could do hanging leg raises and planks. Maybe throw in an ab wheel since they're 10 bucks.

I don't like those wall mounted pull up bars. They work for some people though. You can make your own dip bars. Google it.

Instead though I just bought a power tower for like 80 bucks and it's not perfect but definitely more sturdy.

>LEGGO MY EGGO GROW MY LEGGOS

So did this guy and he seems to be doing fine

Get some gymnast rings as well and throw them over the nearest tree

>Is this a suitable way to get fit?
Yes, I have the same bar. But remember to apply progressive overload, soon you should use added weight because just bodyweight isn't enough.

Buying a pair of adjustable dumbells and a few small plates would be great for pressing movements. These dumbells take up very little room, and will last you a lifetime. They are a great investment.
With the dumbells and the chinup bar the upper body is covered. For legs, look up videos of bodyweight variations (pistols etc).

Add in some gymnastics rings or paralettes and do jump squats and sprinting and you'll be doing great

Those are fine just make sure your door frame is strong enough to support you doing pull ups on it; depending on how strong or weak it is your frame might just break and you'll hurt yourself. I recommend getting one of these, ti's called a dip bar and it can cost anywhere from 50-90 dollars on amazon. It will let you do dips and rows safely.

If you can't go to the gym and you don't want to buy a beginner home gym (Really not that expensive), then you'll have to do dips, rows, push ups, pull ups, planks, crunches, lunges, and body squats. Use variations as you would to the same degree as you would increase the weight on a barbell. If the exercises are getting too easy, you need to make them harder, and since you have no weights to do that easily, you need to use variations instead. With bodyweight exercises, there's no room for inefficiency. You need to have VERY GOOD form, HARD intensity, and persistent volume, EVERY WORKOUT. I find that anything less will give you shit and or slow gains. Overall, highly recommend you just buy a cage or rack with a BB instead. It sounds like a lot, but really just a bar and a small rack, which 90% of people can find space for somewhere in their place.

Maybe a jump rope. Also i have used straps in conjunction with the pull up bar for abs and core via leg raises and such

>body weight
>weighted
Hmmm

>borrow brother's pull up bar
>take it home
>mfw no door thresholds in the entire apartment
>move a couple months ago
>mfw all the door thresholds here are too weak to even hold a finger
>it's like they're stapled on
I'd go to the apartment gym if I wasn't so autistic.

recently got one that has wide grip, neutral grip and like a chin-up "grip"

I dont really do workouts on it tho, i'll do like as many as i can with different grips here and there or everytime i walk past it.

I don't understand how these work even solid wood moulding is just held on with a few light finish nails. I would never hang from it.

This

Maybe the metal ones in condos will hold the weight of a dyel, but I'd never try hanging off of poplar or MDF moulding, I feel like it would tear right off at my weight (210lbs 6'2").
That's why I've never bought one of these for my house, as much as I'd like to do a few extra pullups every day to make myself better at them

T. Carpenter

The door thresholds in my council flat are so rotten and cheap that I got told that I couldn't attach anything like this to them.

In addition buy a 32kg ketlebell and you are good to go

Door frames are generally built strong as shit. As long as you don't swing from it like a retard you will never injure yourself.

They don't "hang" or weigh down on the frame that much at all dumbasses, the top of the frame just prevents the bar from slipping and holds it in place, your weight is resting on the wall on top of the door where the bar meets it, and on the sides of the frame where it meets the bar.

As in rotational and downward forces keep the bar held firmly against the wall, PHYSICS.

They are safe, only problem is your paint may crack on the top of the frame or the sides of the door frame where the bar meets it fade.

If you seriously want to get serious in fitness. Buy a powerrack. Buy the B&R bar from Rogue. But 200kg worth of plates. And you'll be fine

man if i could only lift at home id just make an oly platform and buy a rack for squats

would be perfect

>all you need is dips and pullups for upper body bro trust me

What do I do if bar dips make my sternum feel all fucked up and in great pain

pushups?

you have a gym literally in your apartment complex and you can't even be fucked using it?
shame on you

Where the fuck are his shoulders?

You will most certainly struggle to develop your legs in any meaningful way. Probably your chest too unless you can somehow do weighted dips.

You'd make better gains in a smaller period of time if you invested in a small home gym - bench, rack (home made will quarter the price), barbell and weight.

Otherwise scour the net for coach sommers gymnastics beginner programs.