/fat/ - No edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
It's for /fat/bros who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions.

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage.
calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure.)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week.
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones.
myfitnesspal.com

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!0Q1EzKYS!_xCrio63rKm7589hCts9YsuhzF-6Gt1vSYrLZaVAEZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_0WxyKGD7sU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How the fuck does bulimia exist? I tried throwing up and it was super fucking difficult. What kind of hacks do they got?

You might be like me and just not have a gag reflex.

Not wanting to turn bulimic myself but any tips ? I'm somewhat concerned that if someday I need to throw up, poison or something, I won't be able to.

They don't have fat sausage fingers so reaching into their throats isnt as difficult

I did succeed in throwing up a little bit but it took multiple times. Maybe you don't stick your fingers deep enough?
I just reached normal weight a couple of days ago. I got normal fingers.

soda can help, drink a lot of water, stand up rather than kneeling at the toilet and bend forward, push on your stomach, use a toothbrush instead of fingers

I just googled bulimic tips

fat fucks

Well shit then I guess its just technique. Or using some sort of tool to grab your uvula.

>Maybe you don't stick your fingers deep enough?
I can ram 4 fingers right to the fucking back, best i've ever succeeded in getting was a bit of bile.
Tried most of this stuff, bar pushing on the stomach, as well as all the warm salt water stuff, may try some more shit later.

My question is why do you wanna develop an eating disorder if you're normal weight and broke away from the fatass eating disorder?

>My question is why do you wanna develop an eating disorder
Not the first user but the second one, see

I'm down 12kg on IF. This is the 3rd day, eating is only making me more hungry. What is going on?

Well yours kinda made sense while he's talking about trying to get fucking bulimea

You're killing your body with a retarded magic weight loss cure

best guess, you are eating trash. try eating things that are lower on the glycemic index. less insulin=less hunger

>birthday coming up
>sweets, soda, cake

what does a nigga even do in that sitatuion

Don't partake because you're on a cut or just eat in moderation instead of being a fucking retard, it's not difficult.

I ain't talking about trying to get bulimea. I just wanted to get all the ice cream I ate out. I felt sick.
I said that I don't understand how people can have bulimea when it's so hard to throw up.

I had a slice of watermelon after my chicken and salad today. Just looked it up. It is pretty high in sugar. Thanks, user!

eat healthier foods with more vitamins and minerals instead of the trash you're eating or the 250 calories of magic weight loss juice that is the only thing you're allowed to have all day

IF Fags, post your next meal Time and what you're gonna eat:

12PM EDT:
Shrimp stew with 1/2 cup white rice
Microwaved sweet potatoes with olive oil and salt

Post your cheat meals

16 CEST
2 whole wheat buns with 200g cottage cheese and some bell pepper

I'm having 1500 kcal a day. The only thing is an occasional source of sugar I've had just like the other user suggested. Had a slice of vegan pizza 2 days ago. Had 3 peaces of dark chocolate yesterday before lifting. And a slice of watermelon today. Not trash but it is spiking my insulin. I can't eat such foods 3 days in a row anymore.

I've had macdonalds once in my life and hated it. Don't know how anyone else can do it. But I can eat 3 slices of cake in on day. That is, I used to be able to. Sugar is a NO for me.

BTW maybe someone should post the previous thread because I don't know how to do it.

I just wanna publicly state to my /fat/bros that I won't be watching or counting my calories for the next three days since on my vacation. I doubt I'll get an opportunity like this in a nice place like this ever again. Figure I might as well make the most of it.

Feels a little weird since it's the first time in over four months that I'm not going to log my caloric intake.

Wish me luck, bros. Hopefully I won't make too much a mess of my body.

You can still not overeat y'know?
Like to full is one thing, but to be painfully bloated is another

Nice. How do you serve the bell peppers?

got your back bro

Previous /fat/ thread:

Just eat half a plate of food and it won't matter too much I'm sure.

Ty mate

Dice them and put them on top of the cottage cheese, add a pepper and some garlic.
Why and for how long have you been doing if?

>>Why
Better hunger regulation, being less dependent on food and cravings, weight loss, less acid reflux, feel more lighter, feel healthier, improve self control and self discipline, more focus and concentration

>>how long

Just started about a month ago and I'm already getting comments about how I look Skinner. Though I'm still skinnyfat , I'm trying to workout in the morning in my fasted state.

>18.7 bmi
time to bulk yet? I'm still pretty flabby

>avoiding carbs

never going to make it

This.

I just went on a 3 day vacation. I didn't care about my macros, but I paid attention to what I was eating and estimated calories using MFP to at least attempt to not go over my TDEE (I also didn't snack).

I ate pretty badly, I had deep fried food once a day. Actually, I had it twice on the last day.

That being said, I didn't gain any weight. Enjoy yourself, but it's worth at least attempting to stay in your TDEE, if you can.

I hate hard cuts like that, would much rather eat 17-1800kcal and exercise a little harder.

Hbu user?

Same, skinnyfat who fell for the bulking/recomp meme. Doing IF for around 7 weeks, down 9gks, but apparently still have some to go. Wondering if i should keep IF after the cut. Any strength loss so far?

Guys I fucked up ate a bunch of bread yesterday after getting stressed out with school. FUCK

201.6 today.

Nothing is going to happen, calm your mantits.

yeah?

I'm not doing any strength training yet, but I have been skipping rope for 30 mins each morning.

If I did do some strength training, I would start off with bodyweight exercises until I feel comfortable lifting while fasted.

I think IF as a default mode of eating is good for me as it keeps me from snacking and helps me be mindful. It's not bad too, it's quite natural and no muscle loss should happen due to increased human growth hormone.

I'm not on keto or anything so I'm not avoiding cards. I eat plenty of veg and fruit.
it has not been that hard. I'm a 1.80m femanon so 1 500kcal for me is quite doable. Also, losing fat for me is about diet only. I no longer use exercise as means for losing weight.

>have achieved hungry skeleton mode more or less
Now to just wait for Autumn for the bulk to begin.

Summers already over, its bulk season already.

If I lose weight slower will I have less extra skin? Current plan is 3 pounds a week been working so far in the middle of wk 3 right now.

Some people believe that, and it certainly couldn't hurt. Losing weight slowly is a good idea either way.

But if you are very large you'll have loose skin anyway.

How do I count my Glucose IV drip into my macros?

fuck off boogie

Has anyone experience with dry brushing against stretch marks and loose skin?

Hey /fat/, I've just now started going to the gym and trying to get Veeky Forums, but I'm super out of shape, so I get really stiff the next day or so. Is there anything I can do to help with this? I'm sure it'll get better with time, but surely there's something I can do to make it a little less pronounced.

No, I've actually never heard of this, but I know there's a cream you can get that takes the color out of stretch marks, which is nice

What shit can I do on electric grill? I only think about meat but there is something else that is also good to be grilled?

What do you mean by stiff? Are you sore or cant move properly because of something else? The first weeks will always be a sea of sore muscles. Other than that you can start stretching and maybe buy a foam roll ( buy pvc tube and put tape around it).

foam rolling and stretching.

Don't skip gym days if you have DOMs

By stuff I just mean stiff, like the muscles don't want to expand anymore. It's probably just because I've just started. The roller thing sounds like a good idea though, I've heard those are helpful

DOMs?

yeah, like any vegetable

crack some salt, black pepper, a bit of your favourite cooking oil/fat, delicious

Denial of Muscle service

like ddos for muscles, if you don't work out when you're sore you get DOMS

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness

It's when your body starts hurting 24-48 hours after the gym. A lot of people skip going back because of the pain, but you just gotta lift through it. It's only really a problem for the first week or two of lifting, or after a routine change.

That's interesting, I'll keep that in mind. I was planning to go tomorrow anyway, so I guess that's good.

I've got a barbecue coming up on Saturday. I'm going to train HAM in the morning to make the most of the protein, but I'm worried about the alcohol. We usually tend to have about 8-10 beers and some spirits.

How do I avoid drinking the fermented jew, while still having a good time?

Stretch for like 15 minutes before you touch a weight, everybody does it. Look up a good routine on youtube, and don't feel like an idiot.

Also, if your body feels really tender/sore the next 1-3 days, that's a good thing. You want to be sore, that's how you know a muscle got worked on. Don't be afraid to work sore muscles, they'll stop hurting once you get moving.

Just follow a decent PPL split, and you'll be fine.

>decent PPL split

heh

>don't feel like an idiot
Uh huh. In regards to the PPL split, what constitutes a "decent" one? I talked to one of the trainers when I signed up and they gave me a vague routine, but I'm sure I can find a better one somewhere online.

warm up before lifting. stretching and foam rolling - after.

The best program is the one you stick to my friend. Experiment with routines, but just make sure you're consistently training your muscles. If you fuck around you're not going to see any progress, but if you stick to a plan, you'll be beautiful.

Here's a handy basic program.

PULL A
Deadlift 5x5
Weighted Chin-up 5x5
Lat Pull down 4x8-12
Dumbbell Row 4x8-12
Face pull 4x8-12
Curl variation 4x8-12
Another curl variation 4x8-12

PUSH A (heavy bench press and light OHP)
Bench press 5x5
Overhead press 4x8-12
Incline dumbbell press 4x8-12
Machine or dumbbell fly 4x-8-12
Lateral raises 4x8-12
Tricep extension 4x8-12
Skull crushers 4x8-12

LEG A
Squat 5x5
Dumbbell lunges 4x8-12 (each leg)
Leg curl 4x8-12
Standing calf raise (with dumbells in each hand) 4xMax
Abs/core work. Plank, side plank, superman, hollow hold. Hold each for 60s+, 4 sets.

PULL B (barbell rows instead of deadlifts (gotta give legs time to recover) and bodyweight pull ups instead of weighted chin ups)
Barbell Row 5x5
Pull up 4xMAX
Shrugs 4x8-12
Dumbbell Row 4x8-12
Face pull 4x8-12
Curl variation 4x8-12
Another curl variation 4x8-12

PUSH B (The only difference between push A and push B is reverse order of bench and OHP. Heavy OHP and light bench on push B)
Overhead press 5x5
Bench press 4x8-12
Incline dumbbell press 4x8-12
Machine or dumbbell fly 4x-8-12
Lateral raises 4x8-12
Tricep extension 4x8-12
Skull crushers 4x8-12

LEGS B
Deadlift 4x8-12
Front squat 4x8-12
Barbell glute raise/bridge 4x8-12
Seated calf raise 4xMAX
Ab and core work. Weighted crunches, russian twist, deadbugs, back extensions.

I don't know what I expected asking Veeky Forums about a program when I don't go here, I don't know what half this means. I'm gonna look a bunch of that up, but is there anything else I should keep in mind, being that I'm super new?

Read all of this.

mega.nz/#!0Q1EzKYS!_xCrio63rKm7589hCts9YsuhzF-6Gt1vSYrLZaVAEZQ

whatever you do don't take painkillers. anti inflammatories kill gains

Couple things.

1. Your diet is the single most important thing when losing fat/gaining muscle. You need to make sure you're getting enough protein every day, so eat stuff like eggs, chicken, lean meats. Without the right diet, lifting is meaningless, but with the right diet, it's a formula for success. Google around, r/fitness has some pretty good stuff in their FAQs. Also make sure you get 8 hours of sleep a night.

2. Be consistent. Going to the gym 3 times or less a week isn't going to do anything, fucking about is just going to be a frustrating and expensive waste of time. Set yourself goals and chase them.

3. DON'T BE EMBARRASSED. Everyone was new once, everybody was worried about how stupid they would look, and didn't want to be that fat guy struggling to lift a barbell. Put that shit out of your mind. Nobody is looking at you workout, everybody is focused on themselves at the gym. The first couple times I went to the gym, I felt like everyone's eyes were on me. Now, I barely see other people. People genuinely respect beginners, so don't feel like you're some special loser. You're awesome, and you're going to be a machine if you put the work in. Hang around fit, get acquainted with the terminology, and focus on a few basic exercises. Bench, deadlift, Overhead press (OHP), and squatting. These are the four elements of the gym, and you must become the Avatar. Master them, get strong, and throw in some cardio.

Just push yourself man, you'll be thankful you did.

What makes them kill gains?

youtube.com/watch?v=_0WxyKGD7sU

19:00 after my Boxing class.

Stir fried broccoli, carrots and green beans with soy sauce. Veganfag here, aiming for 2000calories.

What happens if I do intermittent fasting and eat under maintenance and still work out?

That's what you should be doing.

Yes but does it damage my metabolism?

As long as you eat more than like 800 caloriea a day you'll probably be fine.

Got free pizza at work today but gave my slices away to some homeless dude. The lord is testin' me, bros

You're alright, user.

How are you guys doing on progress?

16lbs down in 10 weeks here just counting calories.

Hey what's up doc? Wouldn't wanna be like me now, would ya?

Around 10 lbs in 1 month.

80 pounds down in a year. Been maintaining and lifting for the last couple months. As long as my lifts go up and i stay around the same weight I'm happy.

holy shit sauce on this thiccbraphog??

I've been counting calories and somehow am 4.3 pounds heavier than last week.

900~1.4k calories a day, and yet I've been gaining weight. Just eating Soups for the most part, 2 meals a day, with weighed nuts and shit as a snack but almost nothing in those terms, and only drinking water. The soups are around 320 calories a meal max, if I have some bread or some shit with them, then that's another 130 calories or so per meal. Nuts should be about 130 calories but only eat them once or twice a day.

According to the calculators, I should be losing about 1 lb a week at least, but for some reason I'm gaining weight. I need to be eating about 3k a day to be gaining the weight I'm gaining and that doesn't make sense for shit.

is losing half a pound a day too much?

So lads, how different do you feel physically and mentally since losing weight? How have the people around you reacted? Have you been getting more girls?

Not my picture.

I'm a medicine technician. He's full of crap and it's an old wives tale that anti inflammatory medication will affect how your muscles react to repairing them.

Unless you are very fat yes

I feel better in pretty much every conceivable way. I feel happier, more confident, more motivated. I even feel smarter in the sense that certain concepts in mathematics, physics, and programming are easier to grasp now, though that may be placebo or something.

Friends are supportive, but are themselves very out of shape, so I feel like they actively ignore my progress.

>Have you been getting more girls?
ha..yeah sure am man..haha

I did gain a full inch on my dick
went from just below average to just above average.

There are literally only 2 possibilities

1. You are being impatient and need to wait longer to see results on the scale. Water weight could attribute to this so try decreasing sodium intake and increasing fiber for a week or so.

2. You aren't counting calories right

That's it.

I'm guessing it's 1, because including the weight gain from this week, since I started I've lost about 14 lbs.

But my diet mainly being soups and nuts/fruit as snacks with vitamins and water is much higher sodium in terms of everything else, mainly because Soup is so sodium-intensive. Counting the sodium and Fiber, at least 2k sodium a day, with around 10 fiber if I didn't have a bean or lentil-heavy soup.

Any recommendations for something to eat whilst watching a film? Preferably not fruit and low cost. I've tried Peanuts but it's way too many carbs and Greek yoghurt is disgusting

weigh yourself everyday, if you're not losing weight or put on do a 24 hour fast and you'll get through it, you'll drop any annoying water weight too

Bcaas yes or no? Doing IF.

carrots, sugar snap peas, broccoli, skinny girl popcorn, fiber one/All-Bran cereal, just fucking don't in the first place

Make your own popcorn.

Coconut Oil with Kernels, no need for butter and you just need enough oil to make it pop. It's pretty easy. Or just air-pop the popcorn yourself, no need for the coconut oil and you cut out all the fat content, although it won't have that buttery taste it will taste still like popcorn but will be more crispy.

Or just be lazy and go with Skinny Girl Popcorn but that has a lot more sodium than popcorn you make yourself.

>17 months since I started losing weight
>BMI under 25 since the start of June
>spent last 2 months no longer religiously counting calories
>lost 2 pounds in July despite no longer needing to be an autist about food
>this is literally what making it feels like
It's so worth it, my dudes. Keep it up. I am now at the point where I am coasting by continuing to eat the same "cutting meals" for breakfast and lunch, but eating whatever the fuck I want (within reason) for dinner. No more counting, no more logging, I'm still maintaining and the scale even went down some.

would you buy a scale for food?

>tried the vegan 30 day challenge
>day 21
>appetite is suppressed/have to remind myself to eat meals

not sure if I will continue after the 30 days but surprisingly I've been feeling great so far so maybe mane

food scales are completely necessary imo