Can i heal rotator cuff without surgery?

can i heal rotator cuff without surgery?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/push-ups-face-pulls-and-shrugs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

only if your local priest specced holy

Yes

also intrested. i've torn apart both shoulders doing negative dumbbell press

Depends of the severity of the injury but I'm doing exactly that right now. My left shoulder is especially weak and prone to pop out so I'm just doing a bunch of row related exercises to strengthen the area

Yes but in 3 to 6 months without doing any shoulder work.

I only started exercising again with really light weight after injuring my right shoulder in January.

>Yes but in 3 to 6 months without doing any shoulder work.
your shit wasn't bad then.
long term no

i been self-rehabbing for a year now and my shit is still fucked
spent money on chiro and a pt. they all told me just get surgery

damn that long, how bad was injury, i can stll workout but there is always that unpleasant feel in my shoulder

Stop immediately, I did the same and it worsened. I could barely lift my arm for a week.

Either go do a radio to be sure of what you have or stop for like two month and see if the pain is still there.

No it wasn't torn so I was lucky

After mild strains I've taken almost a month to come back.

You're fucking it up more. It shouldn't hurt.

guess its time for eternal cardio...

Work on your legs/and and. I kept squatting and could still deadlift, don't be a pussy.

should have done those shitty exercises before working out mejt

>pain radiates along collar-bone during flyes, throughout mid-delt during lateral raises and rear delt raises
>can ohp 80kg, struggle to lateral raise 7.5kg dbs for more than a few reps
>doing face-pulls helps to manage the pain a little bit, but nothing major even after 6 months of doing them every session
could it be my ac joint, seems to come from there. also what non-surgical options do i have if it really is?

I'm not sure sure if this is a good idea but when i did mine in it hurt like fuck to OHP the bar. Worked it back up over a few months and back on 70kg no pain now

I don't know if this is your case but here i go.
I used to feel pain on my left shoulder every time i did some kind of lateral raise or front raise, but not while pressing. So i asked my coach about it, and he asked me if i used to sleep on my side, and i did, that was the problem apparently. I stopped sleeping on my side and the pain was gone in 2 days.

well you probably didn't tear it then

I'm a side sleeper and I find it incredibly difficult to sleep in any other position. Shit sucks

Yup, I learned this the hard way. I felt so retarded when I figured it out.

That was me for a long time. Just stick to sleeping on your back and it'll feel natural eventually.

>knows he has pain
>still does exercises that are known for putting strain on the shoulder joints
ur a special kind of retard

>shoulder pops out when sleeping
>can't practice bjj, a simple arm-lock can fuck my shoulders
>can't practice Judô, a simple ippon seoI can fuck my shoulders
>can't throw anything
> can't comb my hair
>discover fit/
>read starting strenght
>do OHP
3 years pass with no incidents, I returned tô bjj

Yes.

t-nation.com/training/push-ups-face-pulls-and-shrugs

Your welcome

If you have good form on your bench lifts, elbows in and all that, proper bar path, and repping with your back instead of shoulders, then you either have weak rear delts due to a lack of rows/facepulls/etc or your chest muscles/front delts are extremely tight and you need to stretch them daily.

Lots of people bench and don't stretch or do rear delt work and then they end up with rotator cuff complaints since eventually it will hurt like a bitch without those two things.

>ceasing exercises that cause pain is common sense
>I'll assume that I'm the only person on the planet who posses it
No shit, Sherlock - I stopped doing them. But the pain is still there.

1st year dpt student out on my clinical rotation here. Like some people said here already, "depends."

I seen patients with shoulder injuries that fell down and hit the shoulder. Also seen some patients that just have bad posture causing them to have a supraspinatus tear. It just depends how bad you strained your muscle(s) or tendon(s).

Grade 1 strain should be easy to fix with rest and some ther-ex or manual therapy.
Grade 2 strain is a little bit more difficult to recover from but not impossible with a skilled PT.
Grade 3 strain means shit is fucked, get surgery and hope your rehab goes well.

Actual answer

BPC 157, hope you aren't afraid of needles

kek

How did it happen to you lads?
The only lifts where i feel like my shoulder is about to bust are front raises and >wheighted dips. Should i avoid them?

Same here, but it took years. Now I only ever that barometric pressure bullshit pain there when it rains.

I vividly remember the pain of what caused the injury. I was sitting in a chair and my mom dropped something, so I did an insane stretch to retrieve it from behind/underneath my chair because my lazy ass didn't want to get up.

What exercises should I avoid? I'm mostly doing bodyweight stuff right now but I still use the pec fly machine which hurts my left shoulder sometimes.

Anything else to avoid? I don't want to fuck my shit up. Thanks.

My shoulder only hurts when lifting and by hurt it just feels shitty. If both my shoulders felt the same way i might not think of it any different, but my right shoulder just feels on a mechanical level different than my left. For the life of me i can't get a comfortable bench position where my shoulder does not feel shitty. Even my grip is usually different from both sides. Just feel like i can never get my right shoulder into the same position as my left on bench.

It honestly feels like it is just getting pushed out of it's socket or it is pushing on some tendon or muscle. Really hate it, it is only really a big deal on bench. I don't do bench much anymore. I did for most of my life sleep with my right shoulder under my pillow. So it probably got weakened over years of that and then pretty sure it happened about 3 or so years ago when i was a kid lifting.

When I do any kind of lift that involves my bad shoulder I do it super slow so I can safely back out of it if I feel I can't get the full rep without hurting. You don't want to have a sudden sharp pain and a jerky reaction. I rarely have the occasion to, but sometimes my shoulder is just like "lol nah bitch"

Stem cell injection therapy for rotator cuff injury
Yay or nay?